Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Different art styles

• Please log in to reply
2663 replies to this topic

samiho

samiho

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

It's my first time posting so here we goooo~

Spoiler

I'm exploring different female antagonist designs for a laid back comic that I'd like to do.

I suck at writing tho so I dunno how I'll do.

Would love to collab with a writer tho!

Guest_hand_von_Kartoffel

Guest_hand_von_Kartoffel
  • Guests

v8psgy.jpg

the killing machine

Viscoun

Viscoun

Couch Potato

• VisTrans
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

the killing machine

jokes aside that's actually an incredible improvement

Guest_hand_von_Kartoffel

Guest_hand_von_Kartoffel
  • Guests

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

i am getting more used to ms pain :lol:

3swordfan

3swordfan

Fingerling Potato

• Donator
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSomewhere West-East of your position. No I don't need a map.

Erza (FT)

Spoiler

Roronoa Zoro is my spirit animal

fcc.gif  giphy.gif 

Spoiler

advarcher

advarcher

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 263 posts

Recovering from being sick, ended up screwing around mostly.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Yan Q

Yan Q

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Locationwith your lover

ms pain

I see what you did there...
But really, it's a huge improvement!

Recovering from being sick

Get better soon, bro. That full body sketch is looking good. I like how it's looking so far. Time to clean it up, I guess. How's the collab going?

Spoiler

I'm exploring different female antagonist designs for a laid back comic that I'd like to do.

That looks amazing! And very polished for a preliminary design. Some of the best webtoons are collabs between an author and artist. What sort of story were you going for?
Maybe you can find someone in the forums (':

yes, i bite

fp | ig

Guest_hand_von_Kartoffel

Guest_hand_von_Kartoffel
  • Guests

But really, it's a huge improvement!

thank you, i am flattered ^_^

Alcruid

Alcruid

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • Locationsomewheeeeere... over the rainbow, way up high ~

I used to call ms paint sm paint .-.
And since it was my main tool I always put it in the description of dA lol

Spoiler

looks rly nice, you should try out the writers corner as well when looking for a writer

wait come to think of it, I did have a comic idea I wanted to do with my sister, but I don't think she'll ever really draw it, so if you want I got something sci fi in my head

I haven't drawn anything individually lately so here lemme just post a random page 

Spoiler

chapter 2~

why you spoilertag not working D:

modedit: because [spoiler][spoiler] inside the first quote.

v8psgy.jpg

the killing machine

looks really nice, indeed an improvement, you should try shading with pencil tool, that might be easier

Edited by ROTFLMAOMAGNETS, 13 April 2015 - 09:57 PM.

Thaeria2.gif

My webcomic (action | fantasy | adventure | mystery) on Batoto (image)

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/sp/thaeria-dancing-with-the-devil-r11374

Hear me sing and help me grow and improve! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGBxlhBeruObuKrVkQaTRtw

Alcruid | Al | Alc | Altan | Alcchan

Spoiler

samiho

samiho

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

That looks amazing! And very polished for a preliminary design. Some of the best webtoons are collabs between an author and artist. What sort of story were you going for?
Maybe you can find someone in the forums (':

Thank you! I was practicing my coloring so it ended up a bit polished.. Still a bit messy if you see the original size lol

The story I want is well.. fantasy? Basically characters with RPG classes forming a party with lots of questing and dungeon raiding. Pretty much like an MMORPG.

Pretty laid back updates (1 or 2 chapters per month). I'm basically doing this so I get forced to improve my visual story telling skills (drawing in perspective / action poses / composition / environments).

Hopefully I will find someone here!

looks rly nice, you should try out the writers corner as well when looking for a writer

wait come to think of it, I did have a comic idea I wanted to do with my sister, but I don't think she'll ever really draw it, so if you want I got something sci fi in my head

Thank you and will do!

I'm not really into sci-fi unless it fits what I stated above ^ (like 1/2 Prince or Yureka). I really appreciate it tho! <3

Alcruid

Alcruid

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 369 posts

Thank you! I was practicing my coloring so it ended up a bit polished.. Still a bit messy if you see the original size lol

The story I want is well.. fantasy? Basically characters with RPG classes forming a party with lots of questing and dungeon raiding. Pretty much like an MMORPG.

Pretty laid back updates (1 or 2 chapters per month). I'm basically doing this so I get forced to improve my visual story telling skills (drawing in perspective / action poses / composition / environments).

Hopefully I will find someone here!

Thank you and will do!

I'm not really into sci-fi unless it fits what I stated above ^ (like 1/2 Prince or Yureka). I really appreciate it tho! <3

aww, that's too bad

Things with classes (not mentioned but shown), your classic fantasy, Is what i'm drawing myself xD

Hmm the sci fi thing I have in my head does have action and stuff and one could say it has fantasy elements, but it's more dystopian, probably not right up your alley

interestingly though, I was working as an artist for a team (F.O.R.U.M) Who wrote something like a RWB fancomic with OC's. Thing is though, I've read it and it's not necessary to know the original to understand it, it only takes place in the RWBYverse. They have characters with RPG elements, although it does have a hint of scifi, but also of fantasy, heavy hints of military though. They're still looking for artists especially since I'm very busy drawing my own stuff myself. To give you a better idea, this is the style their going for when it comes to character designs. They're pretty demanding though

Spoiler

they are also heavily influenced by red vs blue lol

Edited by Alcruid, 13 April 2015 - 09:11 PM.

Thaeria2.gif

Hear me sing and help me grow and improve! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGBxlhBeruObuKrVkQaTRtw

Spoiler

You

You

Savage Potato

• Members
  • 3,262 posts

I used to call ms paint sm paint .-.
And since it was my main tool I always put it in the description of dA lol

I haven't drawn anything individually lately so here lemme just post a random page 

Spoiler

chapter 2~

why you spoilertag not working D:

looks really nice, indeed an improvement, you should try shading with pencil tool, that might be easier

spoiler didn't work b/c you had two closing [/spoiler] tags and only one opening [spoiler], I think that's the cause.

The black text box on the right confused me at first. Then I went back and read the sfx on the town and it made sense >_>

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_9e1zrqkbvu8s

Alcruid

Alcruid

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 369 posts

spoiler didn't work b/c you had two closing [/spoiler] tags and only one opening [spoiler], I think that's the cause.

The black text box on the right confused me at first. Then I went back and read the sfx on the town and it made sense >_>

Yeah I edited that a thousand times so I dunno how many times i ended up writing spoilers

the text in the black box was from a previous chapter, and it was just sort of repeated here. I can see how it doesn't make sense when you only see this page lol

Thaeria2.gif

Spoiler

Guest_hand_von_Kartoffel

Guest_hand_von_Kartoffel
  • Guests

i am using the pencil of ms paint. my shading is messy because i start drawing energetically, then get impatient and try to just get it over with :lol:

Alcruid

Alcruid

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 369 posts

i am using the pencil of ms paint. my shading is messy because i start drawing energetically, then get impatient and try to just get it over with :lol:

Yeap, that's a familiar feeling

otherwise you can just use smaller files so the area to shade is smaller as well, that'll be faster :D

Thaeria2.gif

Spoiler

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

I think that's the cause.

Two opening spoilers within a quote looking for a closure and breaking formatting.

the killing machine

Reminds me of kiwi-kun from some years ago o:

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

Guest_hand_von_Kartoffel

Guest_hand_von_Kartoffel
  • Guests

Yeap, that's a familiar feeling

otherwise you can just use smaller files so the area to shade is smaller as well, that'll be faster :D

i will try, thanks :)

Reminds me of kiwi-kun from some years ago o:

i don't know who that is. i meant it as a joke

3swordfan

3swordfan

Fingerling Potato

• Donator
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSomewhere West-East of your position. No I don't need a map.

The boredom is fierce tonight. 

Spoiler

Roronoa Zoro is my spirit animal

fcc.gif  giphy.gif 

Spoiler

Viscoun

Viscoun

Couch Potato

• VisTrans
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

doodle night?

Spoiler

Edited by Viscoun, 14 April 2015 - 01:37 AM.

Tertiusviducius

Tertiusviducius

Potato

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • LocationMystical Booger Forest
Not on a comp today so no scanner... Used my cellphone camera to upload this old drawing.
Spoiler

My concept study of a princess of some make believe fantasy world.

3VYyD4im.jpg?1

xSadibs.png