Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Youth Forget! FAQ/Discussions/Spoiler Thread.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Souldrake

Souldrake

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 275 posts
Please discuss in either this thread, or this one

This thread may and probably DOES contain spoilers. Read at your own risk. For those participating in the discussion in this thread, please use the spoiler tags [ spoiler ] and [ /spoiler ] (no spaces) for posting spoilers, and posting any comments on anything contained within a spoiler tag.

1. Is there anything significant about the title?

Yes. According to the mangaka herself, there is a dual meaning of "forget" in terms of there being a problem with remembering for some of the main characters, and "for get" which is Engrish for the phrase "up for grabs" meaning it's there to seize, experience and embrace which is what the main character, Taiyo is so gung ho about. Shizuku as well.

2. What is with the awkward instances of "youth" throughout the story?

Again, as the title of the story is Seishun Forget, translated into Youth Forget by the mangaka and/or her publishers themselves, it is kind of hard not to translate occurrences of "Seishun" as "Youth". Seishun is basically adolescence the period of time where older people reminisce about how young, stupid and carefree they were and the time when those going through it try to get away with everything they can while complaining that their parents are too bossy and uncool when they step in to hinder them or, in some cases, make them see reason and experience.

3. What are the names of the characters?

Written in the traditional English: First name Last name

Taiyo Natsuki
Kokage Hinata
Tenma Kirishima
Kodama Fusenji (aka: cho-san/chan)
Shizuku Shigure
Mikoto Kirishima

4. When / How often is Seishun Forget released in Japan?

Seishun Forget is released on the 10th of every month at approximately 12 noon Japan time. If the 10th falls on a Saturday or Sunday, it is usually released the Friday before. If it falls on a Monday which is also a holiday, it is released on the next work day (Tuesday in 99.9% of those cases)

5. Where can I find the raws?

Here: http://comichigh.jp/webcomic.html
Please visit and support the mangaka and publisher!
Chapters are deleted after each volume is released. (16-20 will be removed when v4 is published and released, for example)

Youth Forget is under the blue banner that says 10日更新
It has been, as of this posting, listed 2nd after "Oniichan no koto nanka zenzen sukijanain dakara ne!! It should be easy to spot as a picture of Kokage with her purple hair is on the side next to the chapter links.

6. How many chapters/volumes are there?

Assuming nothing breaks the schedule, chapter 18 will be released on Tuesday, July 10th. This will then be the 3rd chapter in volume 4 (there are 5 chapters in every volume)

If you have any questions you wish to see added to this, feel free to post them. Any other things about the manga can be freely discussed in this thread as well.

Edited by Souldrake, 25 June 2012 - 12:47 PM.

Souldrake
Manga-Heaven Co-Founder and Translator [Retired]

MrFeatherFang

MrFeatherFang

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts
I like this series very much and I thank you and your team for scanlating it (especially since I hear you're are going through a hard time).
I would like to point out that Taiyo mentions his mom in the first chapter: http://vatoto.com/read/_/27380/seishun-forget_v1_ch1_by_manga-heaven/7
And I think the next time they mention his mom is chapter 9: http://vatoto.com/read/_/40330/seishun-forget_v2_ch9_by_manga-heaven/22
Yet he denies knowing what is mom is or ever having one. I guess the mangaka changed his mind about the mom thing? I dunno I just found this little detail amusing :)
Right now I find the side characters (the friends) aren't too involved anymore. I think the two girls Kodama and Shizuku served their purpose already? Kodama's friendship revealed that Hinata could remember her, but not Taiyo and Shizuku (not sure about this one) was to make Hinata jealous for Taiyo? (before Hinata's memories returned, of course). I guess it's been a while since I read this...
Well I certainly do like this manga lol, I love the female desgins, as i find them really cute. Thanks for the releases and take your time :)

Souldrake

Souldrake

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 275 posts
That was fixed in a version 2 we released, but I didn't upload the original so I couldn't change it here. It was an oversight by the proofreader and myself. Had a friend look over it for me and suggested the change, didn't see the harm at the time left it in the TL script (literal as a TL note) and we went with the changed version in the end. But to expand on that a bit, there are several ways to address one's mother in Japanese. One of them is "ofukuro" which, essentailly means "the bag". The trigger for Taiyo's reset was "okaasan" specifically.

In the manga he uses "tsuma" which means wife in that particular frame. I actually have a Japanese friend who calls his (biological) mom that. Never did ask him why... lol. Anyway, there is a fix out there somewhere. I could upload all of volume 1 again in the volume pack to fix it and have the covers and that scanned here.

Second edit: I just wanted to comment that I really like Shizuku and while she is still great comic relief every now and then, I still wish she would try to get Taiyo. I found her attempts much cuter.

Edited by Souldrake, 28 June 2012 - 04:31 AM.

Souldrake

MrFeatherFang

MrFeatherFang

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts
Wow thanks for the reply. I learned some new things now lol
I like Shizuku's attempts as well, they were very cute (does that explain why she's on Manga-Heaven's translator note or whatever in each release?).
Well thanks for clarifying my question!

Souldrake

Souldrake

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 275 posts
The hamsteyr is a loli-con and he wanted to color it... so we used it as the credit page. =P

Souldrake