Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Favorite Anime

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

Rebel Bonhart

Rebel Bonhart

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,444 posts
Higurashi (first two series)
Code Geass

5B4rd3Q.gif

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital
Heroic Age

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Rebel Bonhart

Rebel Bonhart

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,444 posts
Monogatari series

5B4rd3Q.gif

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital
Eureka Seven

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Sui

Sui

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationBehind you
Code Geass

funny-text-haha-relatable-posts-stalker-

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital
Princess Resurrection (Kaibutsu Oujo)

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Sui

Sui

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationBehind you
Death Note

Frost

Frost

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,862 posts
  • LocationLost in dreams of other worlds
So I posted Cowboy Bebop earlier but I never explained why so here is my explanation. It's gonna be a pretty long one so I apologize ahead of time >.<

I have many favorites but Cowboy Bebop is special, its one of those timeless classics that I'll continue to fondly remember. I'm normally not a fan of episodic anime series but Cowboy Bebop is one of the few exceptions, the way we slowly learned about the characters' pasts and the way the main storyline was advanced throughout the 26 episodes was beautifully executed. Main storyline aside, the side stories in each episode was excellent in their own right, they were all unpredictable and I would always excitedly start the episode knowing I can expect something new and different, there were several deep and emotional moments too. I loved the music, Yoko Kanno is just amazing, the mix of blues and jazz was perfect for the setting of Cowboy Bebop and it always made me nostalgic. And speaking of setting, I loved the whole futuristic space western setting it's such a unique combination. Lastly the characters... I don't even know what to say, they really grew on me as they developed throughout the episodes and I slowly learned more about them and their pasts, what I really liked about the characters though was how much depth they had, the only complaint I might have is I really wish I learned more about some of them(like Ed) Cowboy Bebop needed more episodes! And that's the thing, I didn't want Cowboy Bebop to ever end, the characters and the whole Cowboy Bebop universe was just so interesting and exciting I don't think it would ever get boring to me. Nonetheless the ending was good, I might not have been 100% satisfied but I thoroughly enjoyed the journey.
The "see you later space cowboy..." still gets to me though, especially at the last episode. Posted Image

Edited by Frost, 23 February 2013 - 01:00 AM.

signature.jpg

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts

So I posted Cowboy Bebop earlier but I never explained why so here is my explanation. It's gonna be a pretty long one so I apologize ahead of time >.<

I have many favorites but Cowboy Bebop is special, its one of those timeless classics that I'll continue to fondly remember. I'm normally not a fan of episodic anime series but Cowboy Bebop is one of the few exceptions, the way we slowly learned about the characters' pasts and the way the main storyline was advanced throughout the 26 episodes was beautifully executed. Main storyline aside, the side stories in each episode was excellent in their own right, they were all unpredictable and I would always excitedly start the episode knowing I can expect something new and different, there were several deep and emotional moments too. I loved the music, Yoko Kanno is just amazing, the mix of blues and jazz was perfect for the setting of Cowboy Bebop and it always made me nostalgic. And speaking of setting, I loved the whole futuristic space western setting it's such a unique combination. Lastly the characters... I don't even know what to say, they really grew on me as they developed throughout the episodes and I slowly learned more about them and their pasts, what I really liked about the characters though was how much depth they had, the only complaint I might have is I really wish I learned more about some of them(like Ed) Cowboy Bebop needed more episodes! And that's the thing, I didn't want Cowboy Bebop to ever end, the characters and the whole Cowboy Bebop universe was just so interesting and exciting I don't think it would ever get boring to me. Nonetheless the ending was good, I might not have been 100% satisfied but I thoroughly enjoyed the journey.
The "see you later space cowboy..." still gets to me though, especially at the last episode. Posted Image

I couldn't have said it better.

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital
Persona 4: The Animation

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Sui

Sui

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationBehind you
One outs

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital
High School Of The Dead

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Sui

Sui

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationBehind you

High School Of The Dead

CoolTaff12

CoolTaff12

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts
What my favorite anime is? It depends, do we include movies too?
My Manga List
tumblr_mkwgxn9BJW1rkb7yeo4_400.jpg
Click Here For Love:
Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Angel Beats!

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts

I saw Darker Than Black "recently" it was really good ^^

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  • Locationsometimes here, most of the time there.

Detective Conan.

The anime that helped me realize I have a thing with detectives, crimes and mystery.

CoolTaff12

CoolTaff12

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts

Not in order

Shows:

Spoiler

Movies/OVA:

Spoiler

My Manga List
tumblr_mkwgxn9BJW1rkb7yeo4_400.jpg
Click Here For Love:
Spoiler

Rebel Bonhart

Rebel Bonhart

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,444 posts

Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki

5B4rd3Q.gif

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Yu Yu Hakusho

The demon world arc was the best, its a shame it was so short.

D;

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler