Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

DmC: Devil may cry

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Gilver

Gilver

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • LocationMt.Everest
It seems so.
Our forums actually scored an interview to ninja theory!
You guys might be interested.
http://devilmaycry.org/687/score-ssstylish-exclusive-interview-ninja-theory.html

I'm the sieghart guy.

sigpic578_26.gif

HXIII

HXIII

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationTau Volantis
Nice Q&A post with the developers.

"I will say them once we meet again. Until then, I will never give up. Even if everyone says you're dead… even if the spells show you are dead… even if your grave stands before my eyes, I won’t believe it. I’ll wait for you for the rest of my life. But, even that won’t repay the thing that you did to me. I will call you back to life. Even if I’ll be called stupid, I will wait for you. With all my being, I will deny your death."

Louise Francoise De La Valliere to Saito Hiraga 'grave'.
Taken from Volume 8 Light novel translation in BakaTsuki.Thank you for these translation,BakaTsuki Staff!

• Guests
When is the Release Date anyway?

HXIII

HXIII

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationTau Volantis
Not stated yet,but this year,i'm sure.

"I will say them once we meet again. Until then, I will never give up. Even if everyone says you're dead… even if the spells show you are dead… even if your grave stands before my eyes, I won’t believe it. I’ll wait for you for the rest of my life. But, even that won’t repay the thing that you did to me. I will call you back to life. Even if I’ll be called stupid, I will wait for you. With all my being, I will deny your death."

Taken from Volume 8 Light novel translation in BakaTsuki.Thank you for these translation,BakaTsuki Staff!

Valsie

Valsie

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 517 posts
  • LocationIn the hands of none.
Still have DMC 2 and 3 here at home.

One of the few games i still have~ ...

looking foward to the Reboot ...

I am a deconstruction of the moe genre.

Gilver

Gilver

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • LocationMt.Everest
DmC got a released date!
http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2012/05/21/dmc_gets_release_date,_pc_version,_and_new_character_info

sigpic578_26.gif

HXIII

HXIII

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationTau Volantis
That was fast.January 2013? Let's wait....

Edit:Man,what a hateful comment at the blog.

Capcom sales figures estimate this garbage looking reboot at 2 million sales. Meanwhile they cancel anything Rockman related? First time I posted this, it got ghost deleted. I'll keep posting it every 10 minutes then.

and

Magic spray paint. LOL Hopefully the world ends like everyone says it will so no one will have to play this mess.

Haters gonna hate.

Edited by HXIII, 22 May 2012 - 02:04 AM.

darkhunter

darkhunter

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationDarkness World
i myself dont really care if he has white or black hair ... hell even go with pink as long as the story and gameplay holds
but from what i can see from all the last games that are out ... remakes after remakes with 0 plot, no more new ideas, voice cast that cant deliver and so on

i just hope that this game will not put the dmc series into a grave :|

Broken Identity
"People say I'm a freak, dark, weird, sick and twisted person, but I actually have the heart of a young girl ... in a jar, on my desk ..."
There is only one God ... and his name is Death.

King of Laziness

Suffering from: Procrastination Extraordinarius

HXIII

HXIII

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationTau Volantis

i just hope that this game will not put the dmc series into a grave :|

That's what most of the DMC fans out there are concerned about this DMC reboot :/

Gilver

Gilver

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • LocationMt.Everest
Have you guys ever heard of onimusha?
Where is it? Capcom shelved that series.
DMC was already in the grave the day DMC 4 come out and again,that is the reason of this reboot.To keep the franchise from being "stale"
I'm not really worried about the story since ninja theory was the one who handles the game and the gameplay in my opinion,is almost the same as the old dmc franchise only ninja theory have add some of their ideas and innovations.

Edited by Gilver, 22 May 2012 - 07:19 AM.

sigpic578_26.gif

HXIII

HXIII

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationTau Volantis
Onimusha series is one of the best hack-and-slash games that i ever played,way better than DMC IMO.
Yep,Capcom shelved that series back in 2006 and we never heard from it ever since.
For me,honestly,if Capcom need to bring DMC to grave,then,i hope they do so.It's much better than pissing off gamers who follow the series.

That's my general opinion,based on my observations.My own personal opinion about this DMC reboot is actually,i think Ninja Theory can do the job well,based off from their previous project(Heavenly Sword,Kung Fu Chaos).

Gilver

Gilver

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • LocationMt.Everest

For me,honestly,if Capcom need to bring DMC to grave,then,i hope they do so.It's much better than pissing off gamers who follow the series.

I doubt that.Many gamers would still be pissed because how capcom decided just to end it with such unsatisfying ending with so many plot holes.I bet people would like "Why you'r gonna end it already?There so many questions that needs to be answered?!! Fuck it,Give us a damn reboot.If you really gonna end this then fuck you capcom!"
I would assume something like this would happen.Why?People are whining just because of the "hair" when it's first announced much worse if capcom just announced that they're just gonna end like that.Besides,there are many fans who don't wanted for the series to end just like that including me :)

Edited by Gilver, 22 May 2012 - 08:54 AM.

sigpic578_26.gif

HXIII

HXIII

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationTau Volantis

I doubt that.Many gamers would still be pissed because how capcom decided just to end it with such unsatisfying ending with so many plot holes.I bet people would like "Why you'r gonna end it already?There so many questions that needs to be answered?!! Fuck it,Give us a damn reboot.If you really gonna end this then fuck you capcom!"
I would assume something like this would happen.Why?People are whining just because of the "hair" when it's first announced much worse if capcom just announced that they're just gonna end like that.Besides,there are many fans who don't wanted for the series to end just like that including me :)

Still,from hateful comments that i encounter regarding this DMC,i'm not so sure about that.I mean,Onimusha also have a lot to questions that left unanswered,but dies off like that.Nobody bitch about it.Certainly,at the beginning when the series dies off,lot of fans will go 'RAGE!','KILL!' and stuff,but slowly but surely,the anger and rants will die off from time to time.
Of course,as a longtime fan of DMC,i also want the series to continue,but on the other side,want Capcom just to kill it off.

Look at Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 and Resident Evil:Operation Racoon City.People hate it so much,it affect the whole gaming community to hate the game,giving off negative reviews to make people stay away from it,especially RE:ORC,eventhough the gameplay are fun and nice(i know because i play both of the game).Like it or not,most gaming community nowadays hate Capcom because of their 'money-hungry tactics and deliver a crappy games that makes longtime follower of Capcom puke their guts out'.

Capcom should team up with Rockstar.Rockstar know what to do with these kind of games.

TL;DR:Haters gonna hate.When people start hating,it's hard to make them seeing positive things anymore.

Edited by HXIII, 22 May 2012 - 09:17 AM.

Gilver

Gilver

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • LocationMt.Everest

Still,from hateful comments that i encounter regarding this DMC,i'm not so sure about that.I mean,Onimusha also have a lot to questions that left unanswered,but dies off like that.Nobody bitch about it.Certainly,at the beginning when the series dies off,lot of fans will go 'RAGE!','KILL!' and stuff,but slowly but surely,the anger and rants will die off from time to time.
Of course,as a longtime fan of DMC,i also want the series to continue,but on the other side,want Capcom just to kill it off.

Believe it or not,Devil may cry or neither onimusha didn't really have much a huge fanbase in the west.It's sales are only inferior to god of war,mass effect and other western games.
From the simple example i give why the people are hating the game(at first) because of the hair proves that dante was such an iconic and lovable character.Now if capcom just say "Oh let's end this because it's now hopeless" No more dante,no more vergil and no more devil may cry.Much more rage will get probably but as you said,anger and rants will die off time to time.From the many forums i have been,many fans are now supporting the game or the others are skeptical.Real haters of DmC are not that many today.

If capcom just really wanted kill it,there would be no reboot.

Like it or not,most gaming community nowadays hate Capcom because of their 'money-hungry tactics and deliver a crappy games that makes longtime follower of Capcom puke their guts out.

Yes i know that.I hate capcom very much for shelving onimusha,ruining the megaman series,ruining the story of the original devil may cry and their damn DLCS.Same with EA.The story of DMC have a very huge potential actually although they are poorly executed.The franchise was back during DMC 3 after that horrible DMC 2 but then DMC 4................*Sigh*

TL;DR:Haters gonna hate.When people start hating,it's hard to make them seeing positive things anymore.

I agree and it's hard to "pleased" gamers now a days.

Edited by Gilver, 22 May 2012 - 09:40 AM.

sigpic578_26.gif

darkhunter

darkhunter

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationDarkness World

I agree and it's hard to "pleased" gamers now a days.

not really ... they just need to make good games not moronic ones that look good but the rest is bad
like a food, even if it looks good if the taste is bad no one wants it or complains about it

reminds m of the new horror hollywood is making :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11yBPx-ymZA

Broken Identity
"People say I'm a freak, dark, weird, sick and twisted person, but I actually have the heart of a young girl ... in a jar, on my desk ..."
There is only one God ... and his name is Death.

King of Laziness

Suffering from: Procrastination Extraordinarius

HXIII

HXIII

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationTau Volantis
Oh EA.I really hate them for killing off Command& Conquer universe :/
Even with new Generals 2,i do not feel impressed at all,knowing it will be filled with useless and expensive DLCs.
Back to the topic,I *hope* that this DmC will breath a life to DMC universe for a little longer.If not,this game will spell doom to DMC series.

• Guests
I hope there'l be a New Game + option, the Arena Battle option, etc. +_+

Gilver

Gilver

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • LocationMt.Everest

not really ... they just need to make good games not moronic ones that look good but the rest is bad
like a food, even if it looks good if the taste is bad no one wants it or complains about it

I like it when the developers think that gamers are 14 year old idiots.

Oh EA.I really hate them for killing off Command& Conquer universe :/
Even with new Generals 2,i do not feel impressed at all,knowing it will be filled with useless and expensive DLCs.

and about Mass effect 3.Day one DLC?You can't play it without internet?Ohhh the rage........
Pretty sure EA have done more to fucked up their costumers.

Back to the topic,I *hope* that this DmC will breath a life to DMC universe for a little longer.If not,this game will spell doom to DMC series.

Yes.That is why this game is probably the last hope of the series.

sigpic578_26.gif

• Guests

I like it when the developers think that gamers are 14 year old idiots.

And the ESRB and other ratings on most game that they play are 16+

lol

Gilver

Gilver

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • LocationMt.Everest

And the ESRB and other ratings on most game that they play are 16+

lol

It's mostly really easy for kids to play those kind of games now a days.
8-11 year olds are already playing left 4 dead,God of war and other 16-18+ games here at my country.

sigpic578_26.gif