Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

DmC: Devil may cry

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Gilver

Gilver

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • LocationMt.Everest
The devil may cry series was known for it's stylish gameplay and one of the most iconic character,Dante.
However,continuing the series after devil may cry 4 was almost impossible.Why? Plot holes and the story don't make any sense anymore.
That is why devil may cryi s having a reboot.That is right, a REBOOT.

However,this game becomes controversial because of the look of the new dante, and the fans whining about the damn white hair.

and to those who are devil may cry fans here, and hate the game just because of the hair or the appearance, i suggest that you keep an open mind.

Edited by Gilver, 17 May 2012 - 08:07 AM.

sigpic578_26.gif

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
I played the PS2 games a lot. 1 was good, 2 was a bit on the bad side (not terrible, just not as good), and 3 was amazing. 4 wasn't too bad either, though I didn't like Nero too much.

We'll see about the new one...

sig-1.png

Gilver

Gilver

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • LocationMt.Everest
Glad that you're having an open mind ;)
Most fans are whining just because of the hair but today it's not about the hair anymore actually.

Edited by Gilver, 17 May 2012 - 08:11 AM.

sigpic578_26.gif

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩
Ahh that response XD Some were in quite creative and funny video response to the new DmC.

The style is definitely different due to the influence of US CAPCOM. I can't say much until I play it though.

• Guests
I kinda understand why fans of the Devil May Cry is whining and all...
But they should at least give DmC Reboot a chance...

After watching a few gameplay demos and trailer, I say it looks Okay (Above average-ish)
After I see whether the story is okay and if the game-play style of the DmC Reboot lives up to it's predecessors,
Then I'll have the rights to say whether the game is bad or good (IMO)...

Aarti

Aarti

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • LocationStorage locker

1 was good, 2 was a bit on the bad side (not terrible, just not as good), and 3 was amazing. 4 wasn't too bad either, though I didn't like Nero too much.

I agree with this 100%

After I see whether the story is okay and if the game-play style of the DmC Reboot lives up to it's predecessors,
Then I'll have the rights to say whether the game is bad or good

And I agree with this. I mean I am pretty curious to see what direction they'll take the story. Hell, I might even love it after I find out what it is. Although the trailers didn't really wow me.

Edited by Aarti, 21 May 2012 - 08:42 AM.

Gilver

Gilver

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • LocationMt.Everest
Old devil may cry's story is not that even great to begin with.It's good but that's it,good.If you think about the story itself,it has so many plot holes.However,in this new devil may cry there is a actually a great potential since the developers are "Ninja theory" known for their story techniques.Just saying.
The only devil may cry games that i have really love and have religiously are Devil may cry 1 and 3.
I'm glad you guys are taking an open mind with this :D

Edited by Gilver, 21 May 2012 - 09:00 AM.

sigpic578_26.gif

• Guests
In my case for the 'Old' Devil May Cry series...
I like the characters more than the story...
I've kinda become attached to them...
It is kinda sad to see that they will not be coming back again and I'll miss them, but hopefully I will never forget them...

HXIII

HXIII

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationTau Volantis

It is kinda sad to see that they will not be coming back again and I'll miss them, but hopefully I will never forget them...

^ That.The series stay true to its gameplay so i do not have any rants or death threats to developers.
Though i understand the haters feelings.

"I will say them once we meet again. Until then, I will never give up. Even if everyone says you're dead… even if the spells show you are dead… even if your grave stands before my eyes, I won’t believe it. I’ll wait for you for the rest of my life. But, even that won’t repay the thing that you did to me. I will call you back to life. Even if I’ll be called stupid, I will wait for you. With all my being, I will deny your death."

Louise Francoise De La Valliere to Saito Hiraga 'grave'.
Taken from Volume 8 Light novel translation in BakaTsuki.Thank you for these translation,BakaTsuki Staff!

Gilver

Gilver

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • LocationMt.Everest

Posted Image

^ That.The series stay true to its gameplay so i do not have any rants or death threats to developers.

The new dante is also kinda close to DMC 3 dante's personality.I'll be honest.....although i don't really mind the new look of dante,for me i would like the old hair back because i'm a fan of long silver haired characters.There's a high chance in the story that this dante's hair might go white at the end that is where NT gonna make their own DmC series.It's possible but we still don't know the real story yet so all we can do is wait for more information at E3 or to the game itself.

Edit: People whine about the new dante but that means that they really love the character so i can at least understand them.

sigpic578_26.gif

• Guests

XD

The new dante is also kinda close to DMC 3 dante's personality. I'll be honest.....although i don't really mind the new look of dante,for me i would like the old hair back because i'm a fan of long silver haired characters.There's a high chance in the story that this dante's hair might go white at the end that is where NT gonna make their own DmC series.

Dante's hair went silver/white when he unleashes his Devil Trigger (?) in the game-play demo...
Correct me if I'm wrong :>

HXIII

HXIII

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationTau Volantis
Err...is there anything wrong with my statement?
Correct me if i'm wrong.

"I will say them once we meet again. Until then, I will never give up. Even if everyone says you're dead… even if the spells show you are dead… even if your grave stands before my eyes, I won’t believe it. I’ll wait for you for the rest of my life. But, even that won’t repay the thing that you did to me. I will call you back to life. Even if I’ll be called stupid, I will wait for you. With all my being, I will deny your death."

Taken from Volume 8 Light novel translation in BakaTsuki.Thank you for these translation,BakaTsuki Staff!

Gilver

Gilver

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • LocationMt.Everest

Dante's hair went silver/white when he unleashes his Devil Trigger (?) in the game-play demo...
Correct me if I'm wrong :>

Yes.But the function and the look in my opinion is lame.
What i meant is for the white hair to become permanent :)

Edited by Gilver, 21 May 2012 - 10:20 AM.

sigpic578_26.gif

• Guests

Err...is there anything wrong with my statement?
Correct me if i'm wrong.

Nope, nothin's wrong with it =)
I agree with you =7

Yes.But the function and the look in my opinion is lame.
What i meant is for the white hair to become permanent :)

hmmm...

Posting here... Makes me wanting to look for more game-play trailers of upcoming games ==

Gilver

Gilver

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • LocationMt.Everest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJN_ktA7WOw
Just sharing.

sigpic578_26.gif

HXIII

HXIII

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationTau Volantis
US and EU company always ruins Japanese-origin games.DMC is one of them.

Edit:This doesn't mean that i hate the new DMC,but the amount of hate makes me want to stay away from it.

Edited by HXIII, 21 May 2012 - 12:17 PM.

Gilver

Gilver

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • LocationMt.Everest
Not exactly.Most japanese games today are not that good compared to the old ones(Masterpieces).Western games beat japanese games today in terms of sales and innovations.
Capcom have come to a western developer for something fresh and to change DMC because it's too linear.

Edit: There is no much hate now compared to 2010.In fact,many skeptics are converting to become supporters.Many gaming sites that have played the demo during the captivate was impressed.

Edited by Gilver, 21 May 2012 - 12:26 PM.

sigpic578_26.gif

HXIII

HXIII

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationTau Volantis

Not exactly.Most japanese games today are not that good compared to the old ones(Masterpieces).Western games beat japanese games today in terms of sales and innovations.
Capcom have come to a western developer for something fresh and to change DMC because it's too linear.

Edit: There is no much hate now compared to 2010.In fact,many skeptics are converting to become supporters.Many gaming sites that have played the demo during the captivate was impressed.

You got a point there,but some of the great titles such as Silent Hill and Front Mission being 'westernised',and to be honest,it turned crappy IMO.I forgot to detail specifically which games that Japanese-origin ones being crap after being 'westernised' in my last post,so i detailed it just now.
Of course,nowadays Japanese games are not that good and creative compared to US and EU made games,still,for some hardcore and diehard fans,they cannot accept the changes happened to the game series that they like.

Really? But most of my hardcore and veteran players of DMC series friends hated it,even after they play the demo.
Well,maybe after the full game is out,they might change their opinion.
For me,i just stay 50/50 because i wasn't impressed at all of this new DMC reboot.

Edited by HXIII, 21 May 2012 - 12:39 PM.

Gilver

Gilver

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • LocationMt.Everest

Really? But most of my hardcore and veteran players of DMC series friends hated it,even after they play the demo.
Well,maybe after the full game is out,they might change their opinion.
For me,i just stay 50/50 because i wasn't impressed at all of this new DMC reboot.

Ninja theory did invite many of those hardcore and veteran players.They have contacted them before the captivate.
I can only assume that those they invite was the top players: KAIL,Top breeder and Ramada.

Edited by Gilver, 21 May 2012 - 12:47 PM.

sigpic578_26.gif

HXIII

HXIII

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationTau Volantis
Hmm,i see.
I think we better wait for the full game to come out before we made a conclusion about this new DMC.