Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

bonus - Maplestory ninth anniversary celebration.

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

blake0108

blake0108

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
Well yeah this is only a one shot Maple's 9th Anniversary Ends in 8 days and to person above it has been translated by many people
If you browse through this thread you can see one but if you can google the title i am sure you would see Spadow's treanslation from Ellin Forest

eorgeburns7

eorgeburns7

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 86 posts
i would find it funny if the guy was fighting was the leader of fug or something like that

so can i ask all the beautiful people  out there to check out my new blog http://alahme.com/ and give me new ideas on how to improve.

mister_grimm

mister_grimm

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,418 posts
has anyone seen a translation of the first part, the one with Yuri and SIU, anywhere?

sippyg

sippyg

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
very cool, I thought this was TOG and we were getting caught up on the story with koon's group. still epic tho.

Edited by sippyg, 24 May 2012 - 04:35 AM.

DualPrinciple

DualPrinciple

Potato

• Members
  • 128 posts
This is outstanding artwork quality, I almost had an artgasm. Not to mention the character match-ups are fun, but Viole and ?Black Mage? guy are the best. This may suprise you, but I hope it remains a one-shot. This way it will remain perfect.

By the way, did you guys notice this is actually a group of five classes vs. the five ToG positions? Androssi (<3) is Fisherman, Rak is Spearbearer, Koon is ofc Lightbearer, this new guy's the Scout and Viole the imba Wave Controller. TSTT (The Strongest Tag Team) ^_^

Never forget where you came from; never stop moving onwards. The future is ours for the taking.
What is the difference between a MAN and a SLAVE? The man chooses, the slave obeys.
A wise one knows truth lies in the middle - as all the Opposites are unified unto One.
There is a system in chaos, just as light shines at it's brightest in the dark.

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg
whatcolor_isblack.jpg

whatcolor_isred.jpg

mister_grimm

mister_grimm

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,418 posts

By the way, did you guys notice this is actually a group of five classes vs. the five ToG positions? Androssi (<3) is Fisherman, Rak is Spearbearer, Koon is ofc Lightbearer, this new guy's the Scout and Viole the imba Wave Controller. TSTT (The Strongest Tag Team) ^_^

Interesting. Curious why he chose to bring in a new character instead of using Hatsu or Ship.

Styx

Styx

Potato

• Members
  • 168 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
Hatsu got beaten up and ship is worshipping anak :P

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts
  • LocationIn the Bato.cave.

Interesting. Curious why he chose to bring in a new character instead of using Hatsu or Ship.

Hmmm... Good question. Maybe he wanted someone who is more of a damage dealer than an actual non-combatant scout? Ship isn't that powerful and I doubt he got over the 5 years. And Hatsu? Well... No idea.
Maybe because of their deduction skills they would find out too quickly that Viole=Baam, so SIU needed to feel the position with someone who has never met him. "And what's better than putting in the new character that I just created? That way the fans might stop bitching a bit about the S1 group..."

kfi6l.jpg

DualPrinciple

DualPrinciple

Potato

• Members
  • 128 posts

"And what's better than putting in the new character that I just created? That way the fans might stop bitching a bit about the S1 group..."

Maybe because I'm too sleepy I didn't get the other part of your post, but lols at that ^_^

Never forget where you came from; never stop moving onwards. The future is ours for the taking.
What is the difference between a MAN and a SLAVE? The man chooses, the slave obeys.
A wise one knows truth lies in the middle - as all the Opposites are unified unto One.
There is a system in chaos, just as light shines at it's brightest in the dark.

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg
whatcolor_isblack.jpg

whatcolor_isred.jpg

dot0070

dot0070

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Yep, he isn't any of the character classes.

E: Oh, wait. That guy is the black mage. Baam is fighting the top dog.

The guy Bamm is fighting is probably the Battle Mage, not the Black Mage.

Lucifer

Lucifer

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 658 posts

Or if it's as you said, she was probaly chased out. I mean come on, if someone killed your freind you'd be pretty pissed too. Even more so if that friend constantly told stories about you being his god. So if the truth was found out Rak would try to eat her for stealing his Black Turtle Prey. Koon would try to assisinate her for killing his friend. Finaly Adrossi will go nearly go as ape shit as Rak for killing the first dude she ever crushed on.

Cough*
She's over 300 years old, I hope (probably partly for my own sake) that Baam isn't her first crush.
Happines and Light needs a source to exist
Hatred fuels itself and Darkness exist where there is no Light

Wizard's Rules
Spoiler

mister_grimm

mister_grimm

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,418 posts

Hatsu got beaten up and ship is worshipping anak :P

If Ship ever loses the sweats I could actually see those two pairing up but it'd be exactly as you describe!

Hmmm... Good question. Maybe he wanted someone who is more of a damage dealer than an actual non-combatant scout? Ship isn't that powerful and I doubt he got over the 5 years. And Hatsu? Well... No idea.

I guess if Hatsu does dissappear we're not supposed to be too surprised since we've been told that he was defeated somehow by Rapdevil. But I bet you're wrong on Ship. He's got a wing to deliver.

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts
  • LocationIn the Bato.cave.

If Ship ever loses the sweats I could actually see those two pairing up but it'd be exactly as you describe!

I guess if Hatsu does dissappear we're not supposed to be too surprised since we've been told that he was defeated somehow by Rapdevil. But I bet you're wrong on Ship. He's got a wing to deliver.

I'm just trying to find reasons why SIU didn't use the two.
Ship's case isn't that weird to figure out. He is a genius, even greater than Agero himself, with amazing deduction skills. He would figure out that Viole is Baam (like I said before) too soon. And the fact that he has to deliver a wing adds to the reason why he mustn't meet Viole in a sidestory.

kfi6l.jpg

Amethyst14

Amethyst14

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 389 posts
It would surprise me if Ship is powerful enough to fight like the others in the side story. Even with the wing and a lot of training, he is probably at best Horyang/Akraptor level. he barely got through Lero's wall, though, so unless he has gotten a lot better with shinsoo, he is way down on the shinsoo str chart except for the wing. I could see Anak and Hatsu force training him but he is probably mediocre. Plus, as someone said, they may have several teams, such as with which they got past 20, and Koon and Androssi are politically "clean" by not being associated openly with certain people that could be seen as problems, like Anak.

Monhunter

Monhunter

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 32 posts
Ship LeeSoo is too weak to be in this fight; there is no evidence that the Wingtree can give him a power-up, and even if he does get one, getting to the others’ level is pretty much impossible for him.

The new Kun (he is Agero's relative, note: the blue eyes, and the Koon family mark) might just be SIU’s may of making us anticipate a new character.

Androssi has stated her desire to climb up the tower with Anak, I don’t think she’d abandon Anak especially after she fought against Ren for Anak. One possibility for SIU not including Anak in this fight is because he doesn’t want to show Anak’s new weapon. Green April suits Anak too well in season 1, so there are probably people like me who have a hard time imagining her with any other weapon.

As for Hatsu, like others have said, SIU might want to make us wonder what happened to him after the fight with Rapdevil (note: even if nothing has happened to Hatsu, SIU might want us to think that something has happened to build drama).

Edited by Monhunter, 26 May 2012 - 05:18 AM.

Amethyst14

Amethyst14

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 389 posts
I think it may give a power up because that is what I think Horyang has, and also, the fact that it got into Ship's hands when he was so weak is like saying okay here is an excuse for him to still be able to climb, here is a powerup for him that he managed to get by incredible fortune. But he still should only be mediocre, like a Wangnan with Teddy's item and some martial training. He was best seed scout somehow and they have to fight. Who knows, maybe Quant trained him some more.

Anak really should be in disguise. Maybe she wears a helmet and is called "Helmet", lols. It would not make sense for her to want to be known as Anak. I think she learned that! Name change, feature change, as with Baam. So, while first thought would be get her some green weapon like a lesser version of april, that would be something she should avoid. May have been given the ignition weapon Androssi picked up on lev 2 or got some other similar weapon.

Hatsu got defeated, then spent time in the hospital, probably healing broken ribs or something, but you'd think that would set his team back some time.

fistsofrage

fistsofrage

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,596 posts
Teddy's wing is something completely different from the wing tree symbol lol. The thing Ship Leesoo has is like a free pass into walhaiksong, it's like proof of membership or something.

Lucifer

Lucifer

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 658 posts
I would say that in regards to the situration of Season1 Group, that there is individuals of different degrees of talent in it (Koon=Androssi=Anak)≠(Hatsu=Ship.L), so these people would have different growth rate, and by that different climb speed, the faster you improve the faster you can climb, so I believe that they could have split into two groups (or more?) as the ones with slower growth rate were holding down the stronger members of the group.
Anak might have stayed with the slower one because she seem to have good conection with Ship.L, and the issue of Androssi (in particular) associating with her could also have lead to such a decision as (if you are friends/comrads you do think about them when you make decisions).
Happines and Light needs a source to exist
Hatred fuels itself and Darkness exist where there is no Light

Wizard's Rules
Spoiler

Amethyst14

Amethyst14

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 389 posts
Why do you think Teddy does not have wingtree? Something made me think they are the same. In fact I think there were pictures showing something like that.

Anak now has long hair and bangs over her eyes and a new name?

Edited by Amethyst14, 27 May 2012 - 02:22 AM.

43rdFloorGuardian

43rdFloorGuardian

Russet Potato

• tC Trainee
  • 431 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia
Horyang's shinsoo wing projection is VASTLY more reminiscent (almost identical) of the symbol of one of the ten great families - though I do not know which. It is also similar to the statue outside Repellista's room (not the Mangdol whale, the other one) and yes to an extent the wing tree... perhaps Urek has some connection to that family, however the truth is that the similarity to the great family is far more pressing than the wing tree organisation - it is a reasonable suggestion that Horyang may be related to them in some way, such as from a branch family (like Laurie was) or perhaps some bastard son of the family.