Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Your Very First Anime

anime first very first

• Please log in to reply
289 replies to this topic

wolfen09

wolfen09

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationFrench Polynesian islands in the north pole... that's right, the french have polynesian islands up north... its a secret to everybody

1st stuff i watched but was unaware of it being anime:  ronin warriors, shadow skill, speed racer, voltron

1st stuff i watched that i knew was anime and got me hooked:  gundam wing, inuyasha, cowboy bebop

(yeah 90% of the stuff is from toonami in the late 90s to early 2000s, ima go back to my corner now)

Kusunoki

Kusunoki

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 360 posts

I grew up watching Pokemon and Sailor Moon without ever realising they're anime.

The first anime I watched while knowing it's an anime is Kuroshitsuji.

vagabond

vagabond

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge.

I think it was "Zodiac knights" or maybe "pokemon" or "Olive and tom"

Shiiiiit, that was good stuff, i had taste back then :batoto_010:

Moral is - Maybe - The cruelest form of wickedness

Henry becke

Kirio27

Kirio27

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

If I recalled it was Dragon Ball, in my childhood my parents, uncles and aunts loved to watch this show. :batoto_010:

Then, I got hooked up to anime after watching Yu Yu Hakusho, Fushigi Yugi and Ranma 1/2.

Ahh, the gloory days. :batoto_028: (probably Hamtaro too)

jaejoong

jaejoong

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

I think the first one has got to be either Sailormoon/CardCaptor Sakura/ Dragon Ball/Pokemon or Doraemon.

But the one I remember the most is 'Fruit Basket', because Yuki was so darn hot and I started liking animes because there are a lot of characters like him. :batoto_031:

After Yuki, I fell in love with Pierre from Sugar Sugar Rune  :batoto_022:  And then Byakuya from 'Bleach'.   :batoto_009: And then Usui from 'Maid Sama'  :batoto_032: And the rest is history  :batoto_016:

DemonHide

DemonHide

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationTearing through the countryside

As soon as I learned that the Japanese were gratuitous and generous with their fictitious female proportions, well... Let's just say it led me to some genuinely cool stuff with plenty of "research" along the way.

Socrates

Socrates

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 273 posts

Dragon Ball Z ofc~

Elle

Elle

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationHidden in a bag of cool beans :)

OMG such a debatable question since my memory isn't all that fantastic.

The first anime I watched is either: Transformers or Hello Kitty.

The first anime that got me REALLY hooked to anime was either: Sailormoon, or Cardcaptors... although it might be the latter - I remember vividly being obsessed with Cardcaptors for the longest time till I found more anime to watch on TV. :P

WildMagnolia

WildMagnolia

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSweden (in the sea)

I still remember it quite clear, the feelings I had the first time I watched Tokyo Mew Mew. <3

It's such a good serie with a cute villain (Kisshu) that fell for the MC, and I really wished at the time that the MC and villain would be together and date. Both me and my close friend wished for this^~^

The songs are catchy and the MC is a girl that I never would be able to hate no matter what she did. Ah, I really love Ichigo.

:batoto_024:

Meilani

Meilani

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts

Special A and Sugar Sugar Rune~

I remembered they were always showing it on TV! 

it was then that i fell in love with Rom-Coms  :batoto_015:

tumblr_n3bl1zy1A41sun0klo1_500.gif                                 

Relationships in real life..... simply don't work the way they do in MANGA

PsychoMantis

PsychoMantis

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 89 posts

totally first was Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z, but at that time I didnt knew it was jap. anime (even nowadays many kids consider it as normal cartoon)

my first "for real" anime was Yu Yu Hakusho (in english Spirit Detective or Ghost Files)

tumblr_mblt9pXJ6M1rodorko1_r1_500.png

Seira J. Loyard

"If the character changes eye colour... He or she is OP as fuck." Evilnemesis

AudaciousTitan

AudaciousTitan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts

I think my first was either DBZ or Amon Saga.

hv8car.png

Mushiren

Mushiren

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationFloating about
Hmm...my first anime was probably Detective Conan.

When I was a kid, I used to drop whatever I was doing and sprint to the TV whenever I heard the theme song. It's probably what sparked my interest in the Mystery genre for years to come.

I still look back on the series and try to catch it whenever I can.

Cx1SVSV.png

Tiz

Tiz

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts

It was watching Code Geass that had an impact on me. GODDAMN even though I was young at the time that anime tore my hearts to bits.

I'd give anything to have that moment again haha.

Guest_shasssss_von_Kartoffel

Guest_shasssss_von_Kartoffel
  • Guests

Crayon Shin-chan.

2hot4you

2hot4you

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationThe Wild

Crayon Shin-chan.

lol, i remember that being on tv in holland. i wasnt really allowed to watch it, cause supposedly it would have a bad influence on me xD

aovnZo7.png

Miss Peach

Miss Peach

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Oddly enough?

When I was 10 or something, I stumbled across my sis watching "Yuru Yuri", and (since I was easily bored) I started watching with her. So, my first show was a yuri show, and it REALLY broadened my horizons @_@

Drakan

Drakan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina

The first I watched was probably doraemon and koni-chan (then again I  didn't really konw what anime was back then), and I later got into pokemon and digimon.

though i don't reacall what actually got me hooked, but rather than anime it was probably manga, since I always preferred reading, I hardly ever watch anime even now.

Laiseran

Laiseran

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
The first anime I watched was The World God Only Knows, after I stumbled across the TVTropes article. The description sounded really interesting, so I checked it out.

serriatian

serriatian

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 35 posts

Wow this is a bit embarrassing but I'm pretty sure it was...Hindan no Aria? Boy, I thought that was so edgy at the time, I wish I could punch my former self.

IX0FbmT.jpg