Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest Chapter Discussion

Possible spoilers

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

Tsenzei

Tsenzei

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts

so mine vs budou and esdese? Sorry but this is like being yamcha vs cell and buu.

I think that agk did a good job so far with avoiding the battle shounen asspulls and continuity breaking power levels but how the heck is mine of all people solo-ing those two much less staying alive for more than a few seconds..

and bodou being blasted out the fight team rocket style like wave is kind of a copout just to even the odds if you ask me..

Ouch, Yamcha? That's pretty harsh.  She's at least Krillin.  (Although now I'm curious whether you think Budo or Esdeath is Buu, and which one gets stuck as Cell.  But that's a bit of a tangent.)

And yes, as others mentioned, it's because "Lazers are OP" (or rather that that's how Pumpkin works).  That said, Budo wasn't blasted out of the Arena just into the stands (well, under the stands).  I would not be surprised at all to see him re-enter the ring in short order*.  Since it's a public execution and what-not, I am a little disappointed that we haven't seen Wave's reaction to Tatsumi being Incursio.  I suppose the Revolutionary Army's progress and the Cyclops Troops (wonder if Stylish was involved) is technically more important to the overall plot though.  For example, if Budo does get injured or killed, it would set up their continued advance toward the capital, at least an offensive against that specific fort.  Plus maybe the author figured we've seen enough of Wave being upset about things, or is saving it for later.

*(Alternatively, he could be nearby but slightly injured, which would be more consistent and less shounen-esque.)

ALAKTORN

ALAKTORN

Fingerling Potato

• Chocolat Vanilla
  • 71 posts
Can someone remind me when Tatsumi saved Mein?

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Can someone remind me when Tatsumi saved Mein?

that'd probably be in chapter 38, when ol' crazy girl was doing her last-ditch, take-everybody-with-me suicide explosion and Mein couldn't get out of the blast radius in time........Tatsumi to the rescue.   :)

Edited by svines85, 27 October 2014 - 06:23 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png

ALAKTORN

ALAKTORN

Fingerling Potato

• Chocolat Vanilla
  • 71 posts
The interaction between Tatsumi and Esdeath was too weird for those spikes to have been something she did, imo. A comment said that it could be the monster inside Incursio slowly getting out, I agree something like that could be possible. Maybe Tatsumi will turn into a monster in the end, somewhat like those old men from the extra chapter.

This is getting really interesting. Though, I was disappointed when Esdeath didn’t get a kick in the face when Tatsumi surprisingly resisted her trump card. How cool would that have been? The author just seems to want Esdeath untouchable… we’ve never seen her taking a hit yet.

Bets on who’s gonna die next chapter?

Edited by ALAKTORN, 01 December 2014 - 08:49 AM.

Zenith_Tempest

Zenith_Tempest

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts

Leone's probably gonna sacrifice herself to save everyone. The author seems intent on dragging out Mine's life, even though her death flag is stronger than the gravity of a black hole. Esdese is probably gonna be the second to last person to "die," or at least be "defeated." I really just don't see Esdese dying at all, ever. We have never seen her take a single hit, she has never bled, and she has never been in a position where she thought she was in danger. In every fight she has, she's not even scared or angry, she's more exhilarated than anything else. She finds enjoyment from fighting. I bet if she started feeling threatened, she'd be 10 times more dangerous...

Disabling all limiters.

tumblr_nld3jcEGtn1r7hrmoo2_500.gif

liwing

liwing

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

She finds enjoyment from fighting. I bet if she started feeling threatened, she'd be 10 times more dangerous...

This is what I always thought. Esdese simply does not almost one hit kill everyone there, because she just wants to have fun, and bring them alive to the torture chamber. There's nothing stopping her to do a continuous barrage of ice spears towards Mein, which would be impossible to her counter with Pumpkin without bit of time to charge it. She could have wiped out Night Raid during the Cathedral fight if she wanted.

Zenith_Tempest

Zenith_Tempest

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts

I think it's less like "fun," and more like it "makes her feel alive." There's no doubt she finds pleasure in torture, but that's because it's one of the few ways she is able to pass her time without feeling bored. That's why she acknowledged Susanoo as a warrior and not a Teigu; you could say he made her feel the "most alive," because the fight was the most exhilarating thing she'd done in a long time.

Disabling all limiters.

whitejoker

whitejoker

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

Oh god no. Not mine. God dammit, I thought I was used to things like this after reading Eden.

Anywho, I can't wait for the next chapter.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Oh god no. Not mine. God dammit, I thought I was used to things like this after reading Eden.

Anywho, I can't wait for the next chapter.

Still though, she's not dead, which the author has proven time and again to not being averse to when it comes to main/well liked characters. So, yeah, it'd seem to be fairly reasonable to think there's a strong chance her role in the story isn't over yet. We'll see  :)

Tn7HA0h.png

Zenith_Tempest

Zenith_Tempest

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts

Also, anyone shipping Tatsumi and Esdese should just pack it up at this point. I like Esdese, and I don't think she'll die, but she's definitely not getting with Tatsumi unless she completely breaks his spirit. This chapter cemented Tatsumi and Mine's relationship. He literally is fighting for her now.

Disabling all limiters.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Also, anyone shipping Tatsumi and Esdese should just pack it up at this point. I like Esdese, and I don't think she'll die, but she's definitely not getting with Tatsumi unless she completely breaks his spirit. This chapter cemented Tatsumi and Mine's relationship. He literally is fighting for her now.

Oh, I don't know. You know it's a bad idea to say "never", right?  :D

Though yeah, it's always been highly unlikely I think, though even now I can envision scenarios where it could happen.......highly unlikely, but, yeah,  never say never  :)

Tn7HA0h.png

Zenith_Tempest

Zenith_Tempest

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts

Raws are up on imgur.

http://imgur.com/a/DRf5P

Looks like Tatsumi still has some lingering sentiments towards Esdese.

Disabling all limiters.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Raws are up on imgur.

Oh, yeah, cool, thanks for the heads-up. Yeah, there's no way the whole Tatsumi/Esdeath storyline is over, I've little doubt there'll be a lot more coming between the two of them (more than just fighting I mean  :D  )

Tn7HA0h.png

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Raws are up on imgur.

Impossible, since his sentiment from the start was at most positive was, "Maybe I can recruit this powerful enemy to our side, so she's using her powers for good instead of evil."

Edited by truepurple, 20 February 2015 - 10:14 PM.

Zenith_Tempest

Zenith_Tempest

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts

So why is he thinking about her with a downtrodden face? It looks to me like he still has doubts about it inside, but he doesn't want them to get in the way of his mission. In case you didn't notice, he was remembering the times that he spent with her. Like the island and such. Again, I HIGHLY doubt he is going to be with anyone other than Mine, but to me it looks like he still has sentiments.

Disabling all limiters.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Well I haven't looked at any spoilers. But there was no romance on the island. Remember the island was just her effort to get some alone time with him, she tricked him onto it. He spends the time trying to recruit her, well feel her out regarding joining, she spends the time trying to get closer to him. But they don't get anywhere, and I  remember a line where he writes her off after realizing she wouldn't consider changing sides.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Well I haven't looked at any spoilers. But there was no romance on the island. Remember the island was just her effort to get some alone time with him, she tricked him onto it. He spends the time trying to recruit her, well feel her out regarding joining, she spends the time trying to get closer to him. But they don't get anywhere, and I  remember a line where he writes her off after realizing she wouldn't consider changing sides.

Jesus, he didn't say "romance", he said "sentiments", it's not the same thing 

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sentiment

and why would you come to dispute what they said when you admit you haven't even looked at what he was referring to? 

Tn7HA0h.png

DarkPrince

DarkPrince

Cute Potato

• Members
  • 4,800 posts
  • Location「Between Brackets」

Leone's probably gonna sacrifice herself to save everyone. The author seems intent on dragging out Mine's life, even though her death flag is stronger than the gravity of a black hole. Esdese is probably gonna be the second to last person to "die," or at least be "defeated." I really just don't see Esdese dying at all, ever. We have never seen her take a single hit, she has never bled, and she has never been in a position where she thought she was in danger. In every fight she has, she's not even scared or angry, she's more exhilarated than anything else. She finds enjoyment from fighting. I bet if she started feeling threatened, she'd be 10 times more dangerous...

She IS ridiculously OP, but as long as Night Raid has Murasame they have a decent shot at killing her.
It doesn't matter if she's fighting seriously or not. She's a goner if she ever takes a cut from that blade o/

I T ' S   O N L Y   F U N   I F   T H E Y   R U N

Zenith_Tempest

Zenith_Tempest

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts

Yeah, seriously, truepurple. I feel like this guy takes cracks at anyone who tries to portray Esdese in a manner other than insane. All I said was Tatsumi was remembering all the times he spent with Esdese (you know, because she WASN'T trying to murder him and was acting relatively docile). I never said he was romantically attracted to her. I just think it seems as though he's feeling a small bit of regret towards having to fight Esdese. And besides, he's one of the only people who she opened up to and spoke to. Again, I'm not saying he loves her. But he has seen her in a light different from everyone else. Whereas everyone in Night Raid has seen her as nothing more than a murderous psychopath, Tatsumi is one of the few people who has seen her more gentle side. The only other people being the Jaegers. 

Of course, I still think she's going to be beaten. I highly doubt she will be killed.

She IS ridiculously OP, but as long as Night Raid has Murasame they have a decent shot at killing her.
It doesn't matter if she's fighting seriously or not. She's a goner if she ever takes a cut from that blade o/

Yes, and while I know this, Esdese said in the last chapter that she had yet ANOTHER new special move. If it's as broken as stopping time, then it's over. Akame may know about Mahapadma, and Tatsumi CAN counter that, but what if this new special move makes her invulnerable to being cut? We don't know.

Disabling all limiters.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

the  new chapter's up on mangastream...

http://mangastream.com/read/akame_ga_kill/57/2699/1

Tn7HA0h.png