Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

TYPE-MOON Discussions <<WARNING: SPOILERS>>

TYPE-MOON Carnival Phantasm Tsukihime Kara no Kyoukai FATE Melty Blood Mahou Tsukai no Yoru Nasuverse

• Please log in to reply
1291 replies to this topic

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩
@oninn: Its actually done since the usual people vote on this poll have already voted =)

I want to ask everyone if they want to close the polls now?
I know i said in the beginning that I would wait for a few months after Fate Zero stops airing, to see if people still want to join in our conversation and votes. But It seems that no one else wants to participate.

Also any other suggestion as to how to keep this thread alive?
New poll on a totally different topic?

MezzoParody

MezzoParody

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 388 posts
Hmm, good question. The polls were a ton of fun, so I'd be happy to see them continue on just about any Nasuverse related topic. Although I'm not sure what would keep other people interested as well...

But I don't want to see this thread die ;_;

Gilver

Gilver

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • LocationMt.Everest
Change the thread's name to TYPE-MOON discussion.That means that polls are not just for FATE but for Tsukhime and KnK too obviously.It will add more fluidity for the discussions and the polls will not be repetitive.

Edited by Gilver, 16 July 2012 - 07:37 AM.

sigpic578_26.gif

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
Weren't we planning on doing that for a long time now? Not sure why it hasn't happened yet.

sig-1.png

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩
Done and the polls are close now.

I'd like to thank all of you whom participated in SERVANT CLASS BATTLE ROUNDS polls
(The 'Whom do you think will win a battle against each other within each class?' poll).
Without you guys contributing the thread wouldn't have been as successful as it was =)
It's been quite a blast doing this and I hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I have. Hopefully in the near future, we could do another event such as this one =D

Without further ado, I shall announce the results of the polls....
(Note: the poll result do not reflect each individual decision, the results of this poll will only reflect majority opinion)
  • Round 1- LANCER
    A close battle between ill fated warriors with a margin of 3 votes the winner goes to
    Spoiler
  • Round 2 - ASSASSIN
    This three way battle, the winner won by a long shot( 7 votes ahead!) against the other two
    Spoiler
  • Round 3 - CASTER
    The closest battle ever forming a split in between two groups of people. Exceeding the other by only 1 vote, the winner is...
    Spoiler
  • Round 4 - RIDER
    The excitement rises as they take the stage, leading many debates over who the winner should be but leading by 3 votes...
    Spoiler
  • Round 5 - BESERKER
    Who could forget this battle, the battle between two beast blinded by madness, the one that risen above the clouds by 4 votes...
    Spoiler
  • Round 6 - ARCHER
    Suitable battle before the grand finale, this battle certainly had people talking. The title belongs to the person that beaten their rival by 2 votes.
    Spoiler
  • Round 7 =FINAL= SABER
    The hardest battle is save for last, this 5 way battle came to an end. Leading by only one or two votes, the right place belongs to the one and only
    Spoiler
I apologize for the pictures, its harder to find pictures of them alone than I thought. I do have some better than the ones here but they didn't exactly fit the purpose of this poll as much or it was already posted before. I shall post more random pictures in a couple of days XD Look forward to that.

Edited by 「豆釘 ~ 黑風影」, 17 July 2012 - 02:44 AM.

Gilver

Gilver

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • LocationMt.Everest
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

^That never happened in the Visual novel lol.

Edit: It's the latest chapter of FSN manga.In all honesty,the art haven't improved since the very beginning xD

sigpic578_26.gif

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
I do vaguely remember that scene in the VN. Though Illya was a bit more...direct.
Spoiler

sig-1.png

MezzoParody

MezzoParody

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 388 posts
@Kuro
The pictures you selected are glorious! Lancer is beautiful, Caster looks like she's parodying Nanoha (which is epic), Berserker has Illya with him, and Saber actually looks like a King. Glorious!

@Kat
Yeah, that was definitely the right scene. I was reading that thinking, "Hmm, but wasn't she straddling him when she said this? And the wrong answer got him stuffed into a horrible living doll or something?" I can't remember which route that was in though. Pretty sure it wasn't UBW...and I barely remember what Illya did in Fate. Was it Heaven's Feel? Gah, they're all so jumbled up in my head.

Now, to commemorate our growth into the TYPE-MOON discussion thread, I shall post an awe-inspiring picture of our most beloved Nasuverse heroes!

Spoiler

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩
@ Gil: TIS MANGA UPSETS ME D< Illya was suppose to be killer cute seductive loli.
(Also, Illya initial hatred towards Shirou for stealing away Kiritsugu changed after see him save Saber against Beserker. After a few times of taking with Shirou, she develop attachment towards her new brother... thus less bitter hatred more attack mode possessive loli)
@Katsu: YOSHA!! Thats how its done! Illya~~~~

@Mezzo: Thanks =D I'm glad you liked them. That Illya scene is from the original FATE route. I remember as clear as day because I had such a hard time choosing between Illya or Saber.
"Saber is home waiting for food or the LOLI i can't resist, how can I say NO to the loli ARGHH!!!" that sort of feeling while playing the vn.
Good Idea Mezzo, let commemorate the end of FATE ZERO and Entering TYPE-MOON with massive pic spams!
Spoiler

Gilver

Gilver

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • LocationMt.Everest
Ah thanks for clearing it up.I haven't remembering all the scenes in the in any route in F/SN because all of the games i'm currently busy on.
lol but indeed the art style is horrible.Maybe i'm just liking the plot in this one xD

sigpic578_26.gif

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
That gif of cosplay Rin sliding down the stairs...priceless. xD

sig-1.png

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩

That gif of cosplay Rin sliding down the stairs...priceless. xD

With that being said...
Posted Image

Now for something completely different
Posted Image
Spoiler

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
Woah...thank god Rin never became the vessel, or everyone would've been royally screwed. o_o

Trap weaver - HNNNNNNNNNG
Strip Poker - Illya and Adult! Weaver xD

sig-1.png

MezzoParody

MezzoParody

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 388 posts
Man, that picture of all the Alter F/Z Servants...soooo cool...makes me wish there was a "Sakura's Dark Army" ending...How do you always find such awesome pictures?!

Anyway, I think it's time to try and fill the thread with more of our non-Fate characters~! (If any of them are re-posts, it's because they're awesome. And it's too hard to keep track of what's already in this thread...)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
Holy crap. Even with Berserker's help, no one can beat her!

sig-1.png

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩
Nice pics Mezzo, although I have most of them XD
Its sad to see there isn't as much popularity for Tsukihime compare to FATE.

Seeing how we are just waiting for the next TYPE MOON thing.
I do have a few things in mind we can do but it depends if anyone is interested.
  • Type Moon Music Tournament (favourite music sorted by individual genre throughout type-Moon verse => maybe breaking it down to within individual story)
  • Favourite Male character?
  • More pictures but comic wise
  • [insert your suggestion here]

@ Mezzo: For that Define what is Justice thread, I couldn't help but think of Fate Stay Night. There is no justice and having Archer and Kotomine's words echo into my mind.
I was tempted to put Archer's words " Drown in your ideals"
Maybe FATE has been getting to me too much.

Holy crap. Even with Berserker's help, no one can beat her!

@Katsu: GO TO 4:04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_TCoOeEXuY&feature=player_detailpage#t=245s

Also I have randomly though of a comedy skit with TYPE MOON characters but I'll save that for another post.

Edited by 「豆釘 ~ 黑風影」, 19 July 2012 - 10:30 PM.

MezzoParody

MezzoParody

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 388 posts
XDD Hehe, you should totally post that quote. In all the works of fiction I've ever seen, I think FATE certainly has one of the best perspectives on the topic of "justice". For one thing, no one is ever declared "correct" and everyone is always arguing about it. That about sums up the reality of it. But they're also not afraid to delve into the darker end of it, and the repercussions of idealism (or lack thereof). That part where Kiritsugu gets swallowed by the grail and has that dream with the people on the ships was just...amazing. I hated the part where Illya died though.

I like the idea of discussing the music. Sometimes I get sidetracked on Youtube and end up stumbling onto the soundtrack from Tsukihime or something, and it just brings back a flood of memories and feelings. Usually along the lines of, "Aaaah, this song! Every time I heard it I cried!! Even now, it's making me really sad just from hearing it!!!" Or something.

And about Archetype, I always wondered what would happen if she went up against Shiki's other personality. The one that's basically the incarnation of Akasha, who was all, "I could completely destroy this planet if I felt like it, but that would be boring~". I mean, Archetype is pretty much omnipotent, but if Shiki could really unravel the earth...ugh, yeah, I guess it's a good thing KnK and Tsukihime can't exist in the same universe.

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩
Nahhh, I'll just keep it here XD Shouldn't break the seriousness of the topic. Then again XD Mezzo I leave this to you =D
Playing Fate really does make it hit home, the concept of justice. That's why I didn't mind Shirou, much like Shinji from Neon Genesis Evangelion, their characters are vital to really bring the impact into our hearts. Then again it makes me wonder what if we played as kiritsugu instead....

Yes, I've participated in Touhou music voting before on another site. I thought it was fun, to vote for your favourite as well as remembering all the good times you had with that song
I'm still working out how to separate them into groups. Its easier for touhou since they have stages but Type Moon.... its very grand. I thought of separating the songs into catageory like
(Opening, Ending (if they have endings), suspense, battle, epic, daily life, etc.)
Let me know if you guys have any suggestions =)

I did read on wikia that Mystic eyes of death perception will NOT work against Type Mercury or other planets, since the concept of death differs from what is on Earth.
Ryougi Shiki could possible kill Archetype as long as she is on earth or TYPE EARTH... as long as Ryougi Shiki can precieve death to that extent.
After all, she really is the being closest to the Spiral of Origin.

Edited by 「豆釘 ~ 黑風影」, 20 July 2012 - 01:43 AM.

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
Does the video contain spoilers? I'm still just on the 4th movie of KnK...

Btw I finally started Tsukihime. It's starting pretty slow at the moment. You can really tell this was a doujin game, the music is often a repetitive one or two notes.

The ido girl is cool but I don't think she has a route.

sig-1.png

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩

Does the video contain spoilers? I'm still just on the 4th movie of KnK...

Btw I finally started Tsukihime. It's starting pretty slow at the moment. You can really tell this was a doujin game, the music is often a repetitive one or two notes.

The ido girl is cool but I don't think she has a route.

The video contains no spoilers except the fact that both Shikis has Mystic Eyes of Death Perception. Since the video itself is from the game melty blood... well if you didn't play the game I guess you can consider it as a spoiler. None of this happens in Tsukihime or in Kara no Kyoukai. Well actually, it makes more sense if you have finished Kagetsu Tohya the sequel to Tsukihime. But the video itself does not leak any information that is extremely important... I don't think.

Btw, Kara no Kyoukai 5th movie!!! MIND F****** BLOWINGLY AWESOME!
That is all. Please enjoy it =) Its actually favourite arc/movie out of all 7 of them.

Congrats Katsu for starting Tsukihime =D This low budget game was Type Moon first step. The music haunts you, seriously no matter how repetitive it is.

There was an idol girl?

Edited by 「豆釘 ~ 黑風影」, 20 July 2012 - 03:26 PM.