Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

General discussions and speculations

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2986 replies to this topic

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
It's strange. One of our first impressions of humans in this story is "What a bunch of asses, why are they persecuting the Halfs? >: ("

But many of the highest-level magicians were so ready to risk and sacrifice their lives in order to save those who depend on them. It really is admirable of them. Gandharva thought the humans had it easy because all they had to do was pray to the Gods to have some hope. But, the humans are also the ones who can most easily lose everything.

Poor Brilith. Right now she's thinking "I'm just an insignificant human to him, but even so, I miss him so much." But, it's also very tragic from the point of view of Agni. What would You think if you can only be with the one you care about by sucking the life out of her? :'(

According to the blog, 5-zen gods like Agni can't die until the end of the universe. Agni also told Leez how hard it is to survive that long while being alone. Agni was willing to completely throw away his pride to not burden Brilith. Put another way, his loneliness was much more painful than any mere loss of face. Despite how childish he acts, I do think that Agni is one of the most mature characters in the series: he knows what's truly important to him.

Spoiler

Edited by Mizura, 30 April 2012 - 12:00 PM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Macha

Macha

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationSchuttgart
Actually, Brilith and Agni is one of my favourite pairings. They don't seem to be involved with each other in that way, yet I hold the hope that it will happen someday. XD Maybe it's the tragic flavour, or whatever. I'm also hoping for Brilith not to die so soon... After all, she used Idha Etu when she was, uhm, about 6-7 years old? Practically after her mother died to protect Atera during N0.
Speaking of the Cataclysm, it really made life inconvenient for everyone. Gods can't kill boredom and loneliness without a summoner, who almost always dies before the summoning process is complete; Suras got the most sucky world; Humans are fleeting and fragile beings.
And speaking of Agni's feelings regarding loneliness...
Spoiler

Posted Image

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Gods can't... kill boredom. HAHAHAH!!! That's an awesome way of putting it! x'D

I don't think Brilith will be dying that soon. She was presented in the opening, so she must have some importance, and probably not just for Part I. One thing that puzzles me is how she and Agni can get anything done when they're confined to Atera. Now that Agwen is on the way, maybe Brilith will eventually find an opportunity to leave Atera and go to other places, therefore contributing more to the plot.

Spoiler

Edited by Mizura, 30 April 2012 - 01:26 PM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,

Macha

Macha

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationSchuttgart

Gods can't... kill boredom. HAHAHAH!!! That's an awesome way of putting it! x'D

I swear I didn't write it like this on purpose! XD
Posted Image

battradio

battradio

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 957 posts
  • LocationNear ST. Louis MO USA
:lol:

I swear I didn't write it like this on purpose! XD

A little serendipity never hurts anyone :P :P Even that talented deserve it sometimes :lol:

With Brilith , are you sad for her because she spent allmost all her free time with a god and never had a childhod with friends her own age and developed normal relationships or happy that a devine person spent so much time with her and was able to relate to her as well as he did . Does a Agani see her as a grandchild at first then a friend and grow to want her as a lover .

Posted Image

Its allmost funny how she realates to the twins , tring to keep them from making the same mistakes she thinks she has made .
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Edited by battradio, 01 May 2012 - 01:37 AM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
No, I feel sorry for her because she never understood how much Agni cared about her. In order to not strain her more Agni acted like an idiot and hid from her the fact that he can read her mind. Even so, just by remaining in the human world, he caused Brilith to be in a constant state of pain, and summoning him nearly killed her. So for Brilith, the fact that Agni is responding to her life and death situation by acting like a clown made her think that he wasn't taking her seriously. This caused her to act really casual around him, even a bit arrogant, but as a result, when he disappeared, she blames herself for having angered a god.

And since Agni never did act seriously around her, she now thinks that in fact, he may never have cared about her in the first place, and just used her to pass some time, even though to her, he was also her only friend and support. She didn't understand that Agni gave up his pride for her sake, just so he wouldn't hurt her, either by straining her life or by burdening her more mentally (if she knew that he could read her mind, for example, she'd even have to control her thoughts).

Spoiler

Edited by Mizura, 01 May 2012 - 01:58 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

battradio

battradio

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 957 posts
Well gods, fathers and husbands can all be clowns at times for all the right reasons.

Spoiler

Edited by battradio, 01 May 2012 - 04:26 AM.

Macha

Macha

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationSchuttgart
Agwen's staff is just a staff, I doubt it's a god or sura item.

Great analysis, Mizura!

And I hope you don't take bad the fact I'm using your translation of "The finite" for filling up Ian's wiki page. :)
Posted Image

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
.... dragon tooth brush. HAHAH!!! Probably! x'D I can imagine it already, Agwen "cleaning" her dad's mouth, swearing all the way. I wonder if Suras can burp? If Kasak burps, does he destroy a building?

And Macha, no problem! I just hope I didn't get anything wrong. I always worry as to whether I interpreted something as the complete opposite of what's it's actually saying. :S (it happens sometimes, because Google Translate sometimes translates the negatives or double-negatives wrong >.>;; )

I posted the plotline chart I made recently to the Kubera Fancafe, and fortunately nobody seemed to point out any errors, so I think I've got the basic events right at least.

3492bk6.jpg

fiveseconds

fiveseconds

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 228 posts

Oh yeah, the other named halfs are uh.... wait, you're right, that's it. We don't have the name of those slave Halfs, we don't have the name of Ran's mom... wait, I think the there was the name of the half Yuta saved in one of the character polls. ...... can't find it, OH WELL nevermind. >.>;;

Oh, actually her name is Rinn. :)
Posted Image

Edited by fiveseconds, 14 June 2012 - 02:05 AM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Nice one! xD Welcome by the way! :D

By the way, I thought about this a long time ago but somehow forgot. There are three possible reasons why God Kubera ordered so many villages blown up:
1. Leez is the only one who got the Power of the Name. They're looking for just her.
2. Leez is the only one who got the Power of the Name. However, God Kubera identified multiple possible candidates/locations. The Sura can't tell which one has it, so they just blow everyone up.
3. There are actually several people holding part of the Power of the Name each. This rather makes sense considering that it's safer to hide power that great with several people rather than just one human.

I used to think that it's 1., but then it does not make sense that they continued blowing up other villages once Leez was found (it'd also mean that after Atera, all those other people died for nothing. :( Well, most of them did die for nothing either way...). I thought that perhaps God Kubera is more or less using those as distractions: by having the Sura surround Rindhallow, for example, he knew Leez would be forced to reach Kalibloom from Mistyshore, and thus meet up with Yuta on the way.

Now I'm wondering if in fact it isn't 3. Leez said that "she's been feeling stronger lately." I didn't think much about it at first, thinking that she just became stronger because the 15 years were coming to an end... but what if she became stronger because the other people holding fragments of the Power of the Name died? Instead these fragments all converged onto the survivors, making Leez stronger. If that's the case, then it's kinda sad. And if true, then there are at least 2 other ones holding fragments of the Power of the Name, and we may learn something about them before they die. D:

Of course, there are problems with 3. For one, Asha only focused on Leez, she didn't look for other candidates. Leez could be the only one she knows of though, or she has other reasons for choosing Leez. For another though, the way Gandharva and co. are behaving makes it sound like 1. or 2. is true. If 3. were true, then they'd have to attack Rindhallow and Eloth sooner or later, but Gandharva seems to think he can avoid that. This seems to suggest that they only have to kill the right person for everything to end.

It could also be a mix, and in fact, there were several other people holding the Power of the Name, but all of them have been killed already. God Kubera pointed out false targets such as Rindhallow and Eloth as well as genuine ones.

Edited by Mizura, 03 May 2012 - 03:42 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

battradio

battradio

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 957 posts
Can 4th level Rakshasas take on any form they want , not just human .
Spoiler

And been thinking why the gods seam so weak compared to the Sura , is that they are realy no stronger than the human that summond them except for kubera . Because he wasn't summond .
Posted Image

http://kubera.wikia.com/wiki/Kubera_Wiki

Edited by battradio, 03 May 2012 - 08:26 AM.

Macha

Macha

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationSchuttgart
Well, Kubera is threatening Gandharva because Gandharva has been severely weakened by some events before the main story (the creation if the icy barrier around the Gandharva tribe territory in the Sura world, for instance). And anyway, Kubera is the only one with the power to break the interdimensional barriers, thus making him practically untouchable for the Nastika, if they want him to open portals here and there.
And Gandharva is particularly weak compared to him, because Kubera is the puppet master, while Gandharva is the puppet, he knows this but he has no other choice.
This doesn't make Kubera stronger than the Nastika, but it's a possibility. Though, I think his grasp on the Nastika depends more on his portal opening power rather than the monstruous physical strength he possesses...

Edited by Macha, 03 May 2012 - 08:39 AM.

Posted Image

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Rakshasas seem able to take Sura form no matter what stage they're in. When Maruna was being trained by Gandharva, he's asking why he has to do it in human form. But, Sura form is huuuuge. I wonder what Shakuntala looks like in Sura form. xD I really doubt that little kitty is her (but it's sooooo cute!).

Spoiler

Anyway, as Macha said, Kubera is the only one who can open the barrier, so Gandharva is Not about to kill his one ticket home. In the blog, a part pointed out that even though Gandharva is weakened and is stuck in human form, he was still able to block Agni's White form. If not for that, well...

This is how Gandharva vs Agni looks like usually (scroll down a bit. See Agni vs Gandharva there? Like a fly buzzing around a person?)

I kind of doubt Kubera is stronger than the Nastika, either. If there were gods that were stronger than Nastika, more Nastika would be uh... dead. And given God Kubera's temper, I really doubt he was a pacifist and simple didn't use his strength. >.>;;

Edited by Mizura, 03 May 2012 - 09:22 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

fiveseconds

fiveseconds

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 228 posts
Thanks Mizura. :lol:

Yeah, I've always wondered what kind of aquatic animal Shakuntala would be. Menaka had a serpent tail and Gandharva looks like... a hairball. That's got to be an interesting mix.

There's the question of whether Nastika can mate with gods or Nastika from other clans. I guess it's happened before because Yuta is one of those halfs, but then at the same time Kasak said that he was theoretically impossible.

Did anyone notice that the universe started some billion years ago? (Gandharva's age.) It's kind of interesting how a lot of them lived for so long but only mated and had families in the past thousand of years. :huh:

Posted Image

He's already lost his eye by the time he was training Maruna.

Ahhhhh, Mizura! Help! I tried joining the fancafe and I got stuck at the beginner post part. Some of LyuMir's images were removed and I have no idea what to click to make a new post. @_@

Edited by fiveseconds, 14 June 2012 - 02:05 AM.

battradio

battradio

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 957 posts
I doubt if they all apeared in one place , it may have taken billions of years for them to gather together , and a long time for suitible planets and inviroments that young suras could live in to form .Also with all the battles going on a family may have been near imposible .

It took me 40 years to find the right woman , Gandharva may even pickier than i am , it may have taken him 4 billion years to find the correct Sura for him

Edited by battradio, 04 May 2012 - 02:08 PM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Yay! Another person trying to join the fancafe! :D
First you need to make comments to 5 other topics in the fancafe. The "make post" button then appears on the lower-right. Many users there can actually speak English, so just post in English. Can you open these two links?

Post 1
Post 2

If not, there's a search box in the upper right. Type "rules" in there and you'll find them. They are help for foreigners and some explanations of rules. Good luck! :D

As for the Suras, yes it's quite strange that they started families so late. My theory is that probably, the Kings tend to be very distant from the others, because they are focused on controlling their emotions and generally being the head honcho. Basically they nearly never fall in love. And although reproduction could be seen as a duty to their clan, being focused on actually being King may be seen as enough a duty already... According to Ananta's profile, he's never been married at all, and he never even had a lover.

I also suspect that they all went through some very big personality changes. Gandharva was said to be extraordinarily cruel before, and looking at Garuda for example Garuda doesn't exactly seem that friendly either. :S Agni also has a reputation of being cruel. I think that after living so long, their perspectives and priorities on life have changed. They must have gotten tired of that eternal solitude.

As for mating between clans, yeah, I also found that one weird, because if they can't mate between clans, how come they have no problems mating with humans? Can Halfs from two tribes mate with one another? D:

Edited by Mizura, 04 May 2012 - 03:09 PM.

3492bk6.jpg

Macha

Macha

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationSchuttgart

As for mating between clans, yeah, I also found that one weird, because if they can't mate between clans, how come they have no problems mating with humans? Can Halfs from two tribes mate with one another? D:

Well, they have animal characteristics... Do you really think that a bird and a fish can mate? o,o;;;
Besides, Garuda Suras can't stand the smell of Gandharva Suras XD

I wonder if Gandharva was born with that defective eye or if he lost it somwhere afterwards? (Perhaps in a fight with some Astika?)
Posted Image

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Actually.... I'm not sure if that's really a "bad" eye. All Sura have a part of their body that they can't transform into human shape, like horns, ears or some other part. It seems that for Gandharva, according to the blog, the one part he can't change to human form is his right eye. So, that may just be how his Sura eyes look like. I mean, look at that Gandharva vs Agni scene I posted a few posts up again...

That said, it could be that his eye IS bad too. xD

Maruna is really picky about his food. He said that Ananta is his favorite, but I wonder if he actually eats anything else? D: Anybody ever wondered if the "birdies" eat "bugs", for example?

... bird + fish = that's one fishy bird. Or a fish with bird-brain. Or... yeah. >.>;;

I wonder if we'd ever get more background about how humans came to be? I'm pretty interested in how they fit into everything. After all, they can mate with just about anyone (yikes!), they are professional leechers (could leech both off the Nastika and the Gods), but their birth and death do seem to be controlled by the gods (birth attributes in any case), etc.

3492bk6.jpg

battradio

battradio

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 957 posts

Actually.... I'm not sure if that's really a "bad" eye. All Sura have a part of their body that they can't transform into human shape, like horns, ears or some other part. It seems that for Gandharva, according to the blog, the one part he can't change to human form is his right eye. So, that may just be how his Sura eyes look like. I mean, look at that Gandharva vs Agni scene I posted a few posts up again...

That said, it could be that his eye IS bad too. xD

Maruna is really picky about his food. He said that Ananta is his favorite, but I wonder if he actually eats anything else? D: Anybody ever wondered if the "birdies" eat "bugs", for example?

... bird + fish = that's one fishy bird. Or a fish with bird-brain. Or... yeah. >.>;;

I wonder if we'd ever get more background about how humans came to be? I'm pretty interested in how they fit into everything. After all, they can mate with just about anyone (yikes!), they are professional leechers (could leech both off the Nastika and the Gods), but their birth and death do seem to be controlled by the gods (birth attributes in any case), etc.

Superoir Sura may have to change into human form to mate , it seams like no two sura from the same clan look very alike when in sura form .With all the different forms and sizes coupling my be out of the question , and human form may be the easiest .

The Funny thing is that Maruna doesn't like fish , most large birds fish is a main staple ,like eagles , ducks , swans , hawks .

One thing about this forum is how many of the readers and especially the people whom post the most English is their second language .