Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

• Please log in to reply
303 replies to this topic

Kaellyna~chu~

Kaellyna~chu~

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Locationlogged off

I feel like Asami Sato may betray them in the end. But that's just me.

Somehow, i think the same way about her...

Logged Off

Sleepy Ash

Sleepy Ash

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationOvunque io voglio essere credo.
Most shows, anime or not, that have a love triangle in it go bad one way or another. Worst case scenario we get something like School Days. And Asami looked somewhat spiteful of how Mako was treating Korra. ^_^

Spoiler

Kaellyna~chu~

Kaellyna~chu~

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Locationlogged off
very spiteful... I would do something like that if it was my boyfriend.

Logged Off

Gilver

Gilver

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • LocationMt.Everest
So who's the guy on the end? Zuko's grandson or something?
His name is iroh too lol

sigpic578_26.gif

Sleepy Ash

Sleepy Ash

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,176 posts
That's my guess.

Spoiler

Kaellyna~chu~

Kaellyna~chu~

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Locationlogged off
he could be his son... maybe...

Logged Off

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
My guess was Zuko's son but now that you mention it grandson might be a better guess.
And yeah, Asami sure is building up some bitterness right now.

nah taking away bending is definitely avatar only, my guess is on some elaborate chi blocking+ blood bending+ injection ultimate skill that prevents bending for a long period of time and makes them feel like garbage. amon is all about flashy distracting tactics and is keeping a suspiciously tight schedule

I like it. I never really thought about it but Amon being more showman (when it comes to the taking bending away) is a very plausible theory. The "Avatar only" thing really seems more like how things should be.

Amon is still a bad ass though, he's shown a lot of skills against other really skilled opponents.

Tn7HA0h.png

MezzoParody

MezzoParody

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 388 posts

Most shows, anime or not, that have a love triangle in it go bad one way or another. Worst More interesting case scenario we get something like School Days. And Asami looked somewhat spiteful of how Mako was treating Korra. ^_^

Fixed it for ya :P I'm not a big fan of the "everyone goes crazy for silly reasons and kills each other" thing (unless it's Higurashi), but you gotta admit. It'd be a lot more interesting than some blah love triangle romance drama. I hate this kind of thing, and I'm still several episodes behind. I just got sick of it and had to stop watching for a while.

I feel like Asami Sato may betray them in the end. But that's just me.

Somehow, i think the same way about her...

Look at her hair. Now look at a picture of Carmen Sandiego. I can't be the only one that sees a resemblance. And if I pretend she's actually some criminal mastermind who will fool them all in the end, I almost find myself liking her.

foxyeisenhower

foxyeisenhower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 795 posts
  • LocationKONY 2013 STOP SOPA RIP Spider-man too soon
if she betrays them its going to be some hormone induced teenage girl temper tantrum and she'll regret it instantaneously
Posted Image
anyone know what the deal with the next episode is? I thought this one was a two-part finale, is that next week?
Spoiler

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
  • Locationfuttocking away~
They showed the promo at the end of ep 9. The week after that (last ep) was episode 10, and next week is the two episode finale, kinda like how ATLA ended (so eps 11&12 are going to be shown together)

I can't wait to see Equalist announcer guy again.

Sleepy Ash

Sleepy Ash

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,176 posts
I can't wait to see what Amon really looks like! Or better yet, if he is someone we've already seen.

Spoiler

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I can't wait to see what Amon really looks like! Or better yet, if he is someone we've already seen.

So you're not buying the disfigured face back story anymore?

Tn7HA0h.png

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
I didn't buy that from the beginning otl, fake pity story sounds like fake pity story to me.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Yup, could be total BS. Of course if it's not I wonder just what sort of a climax it could be when he gets unmasked. I mean who could it be that's related to the story?

Tn7HA0h.png

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
Fandom guesses, I don't hold with any of these:

Aang
Azula
Ozai
Jet
Bumi (Katara and Aang's nonbender son)
Another Avatar (after Azula killed Aang in Ba Sing Se)
A spirit
Koh
Connected to Tarrlok/Yakone somehow

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Yeah, I can't wait to see how it plays out. The Tarrlok/Yakone connection seems to me the only plausible possibility that would make him someone who we have a connection with. The other ones,, well,,,

I'm really liking Foxy's theory on the "bending taking" really being very good chi blocking, that Amon isn't really doing what Aang did to Ozai and Yakone.

Tn7HA0h.png

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
If you look closely, you can see that Aang's arrow lit up while taking Yakone's bending; that shows he was in the Avatar state while doing so

And another point, in the season finale trailer, it kinda looks like Amon was bloodbending Korra & Mako in the 'don't take my bending away!' scene (was brought up by someone else not me, but it looks possible).

Sleepy Ash

Sleepy Ash

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,176 posts
Are we even sure that he is using the same method Aang used to take away the bending. I haven't really read this thread fully yet. But it could be a mix of medicine and science? Things have progressed that world to the points it could be possible, like those mechanical suits or gloves.

Spoiler

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
It isn't, their fingers are in different places.

Amon puts his thumb in the centre of the forehead while Aang does it two handed style (have to watch to be sure what position exactly, but it's two handed :X)

Sleepy Ash

Sleepy Ash

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,176 posts
But he is at the age where it is highly possible he could have witnessed Aang preform it on Yukonne when he was younger. With some theatrics and some practical science it could be possible.

Edited by Matrias, 18 June 2012 - 09:31 AM.

Spoiler