Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Tower of God into an anime

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

Kalistery

Kalistery

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationOkinawa, Japan
It was stated earlier this week that SIU got an award for ToG right? Maybe if he keeps up this quality of work(and it's only getting better) he might get enough attention to get it turned into an anime.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationTower Of God
ToG anime !!! It's really great idea :) When I started read ToG, I seriously want to watch ToG view as anime !!!

gus

gus

Couch Potato

• tC Donator
  • 2,335 posts
i am still a believer that TOG can become an anime in the future but seeing this article that is base in how an anime is made i am a bit
uncertain and i appreciate the art form of animation more now that i read this http://www.mugi-mugi.net/2012/10/how-to-anime-guide-to-anime-production.html#.URnnu_JdT2M

Edited by gus, 12 February 2013 - 07:20 AM.

m5siUe7.jpg?1

pacifyx

pacifyx

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts
Be awesome to see it animated. But I dont see it happening any time soon :(

Dimitraa

Dimitraa

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 579 posts
  • LocationGreece

It was stated earlier this week that SIU got an award for ToG right? Maybe if he keeps up this quality of work(and it's only getting better) he might get enough attention to get it turned into an anime.

Yes he got readers award for best webtoon.This sounds a big deal,and it seems TOG already is one of the most popular webtoons in Korea..I even saw a TOG joke cited in another webtoon recently.

BlitznBurst

BlitznBurst

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 376 posts
I think it would be pretty great if a fan of the series decided to make an animated adaption. Juts because a fan's interpretation of it would be a lot closer than an actual official animation company.

That said there aren't that many professional-quality animators on the internet in the first place and there certainly won't be any who actually read ToG haha.

In terms of voices, I imagine Baam sounding kind of high-pitched (Although not generic whiny voice like in most anime) and Anak sounding more like a boy than a girl. Rak would be extremely hammy and gruff, naturally.

And Leesoo would sound like Krillin.

Edited by BlitznBurst, 12 February 2013 - 04:55 PM.

2uv9a.gif

Couch Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 3,043 posts
Talking about fan-made animation, I just cannot not reference to this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwaOXTaE-dg

Dude basically made Bleach watchable, I wonder if someone can do a promotional video for ToG of such quality. Maybe this kind of thing can make some studio pick the comic up... If someone decides to make this project and has the skills to pull off the awesome quality, let me know! I can probably help with something.

The opinions expressed by this user are solely their own and do not express the views of Batoto and its staff.

Dimitraa

Dimitraa

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 579 posts
  • LocationGreece

Talking about fan-made animation, I just cannot not reference to this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwaOXTaE-dg

Dude basically made Bleach watchable, I wonder if someone can do a promotional video for ToG of such quality. Maybe this kind of thing can make some studio pick the comic up... If someone decides to make this project and has the skills to pull off the awesome quality, let me know! I can probably help with something.

One fan made that?Impossible!
We must stalk him,track him down and lure him with some Hwa Ryun's cookies.Fug style.

BlitznBurst

BlitznBurst

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 376 posts
The animation in that was better than most anime I've ever watched. Most anime producers seem to value making the pictures look pretty over the actual animation quality and everything looks choppy as hell. Yeah, the art in that may not have been the best ever, but it was still very fluid. Especially considering it was one guy who made it, as opposed to the massive teams who work on actual anime.

But I don't really want to derail the topic with "this guy can do better than those guys" haha. Alas, an animated Tower of God is but a distant dream. Hell, I would make it if I could, even if it took years, but unfortunately I'm a pretty bad artist and an even worse animator D: Still, one can dream, right? One can dream...

2uv9a.gif

naphack

naphack

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,120 posts
  • LocationIn the Black Forest, Germany

Hell, I would make it if I could, even if it took years, but unfortunately I'm a pretty bad artist and an even worse animator D: Still, one can dream, right? One can dream...

We'll fund your dreams.

Lurker cash

So you wanna make a ToG anime? I can offer you 20000 Euro for 33% interest rate. And a Skeleton beauty diet on top of it. Interested?

US RANDOM LEECHERS HAVE NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN!

You don't scanlate, you don't complain, as simple as that.

pepbut

pepbut

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 582 posts

Unfortunately this is only possible because he was able to borrow parts from the already existing anime. To do something like this from scratch would probably be 10x harder.

Tim Lim

Tim Lim

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationColorado
Screw the anime, I want a movie!

Heretical_Tarp

Heretical_Tarp

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 449 posts
  • LocationReverse Ocean

I even saw a TOG joke cited in another webtoon recently.

Was it City of Dead Sorcerer? Haha...

The reason I am hesitant to wish for an anime is because I doubt it could be done as well as the webtoon. And what I love about ToG is the constant plot direction and ZERO FILLER.
So, if the anime can maintain the quality level, okay sign me up let's do this. If not, not.
Posted Image

Dimitraa

Dimitraa

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 579 posts
  • LocationGreece

Was it City of Dead Sorcerer? Haha...

The reason I am hesitant to wish for an anime is because I doubt it could be done as well as the webtoon. And what I love about ToG is the constant plot direction and ZERO FILLER.
So, if the anime can maintain the quality level, okay sign me up let's do this. If not, not.

Yes!hahaha But the "It's all Lahel's fault !"seems to be a naver meme now so I am certain TOG is one of the most popular webtoons in Korea right now.

(I bet Baam is one of the locked characters in that Naver characters fighting game)

.Budi

.Budi

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts
I would want an Anime, but not on TV, because the story would be dragged out so much with useless stuff.

bloodyclaws

bloodyclaws

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts
instead of an anime, I would like either an OVA or a movie. They got the big budget animations and high production values. TOG definitely deserves it. Honestly even if anime is the only option, I wouldn't mind. I just want to see some of the scenes in TOG animated and given life 8D.

jzmagic

jzmagic

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

I really hope a top tier Japanese studio will pick this series up. It's by far the single best comic series out right now.

Grace Mirchea Luslec

Grace Mirchea Luslec

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,370 posts
  • Location80th Floor

No..

Reading leaves more to the imagination.

Goodbye! This was the last straw:

Grace Mirchea Luslec, on 05 Oct 2013 - 21:07, said:snapback.png

Off topic and I want to put this out there. Rachel > Koon

You presence is not wanted in the forums.

Navzar

Navzar

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 34 posts

It's a Korean manhwa, so I really doubt it will happen.

edit:  That's not to say I don't think it'd be interesting.  It's just that I feel the chances of a great manhwa becoming animated are less than a good manga becoming animated.

Edited by Navzar, 15 May 2013 - 11:08 PM.

angrypeasant

angrypeasant

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationBristol

It probably won't anyway, and I would prefer if it didn't get one.