Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Tower of God into an anime

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

Pasteduck

Pasteduck

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 697 posts

The chances of ToG being animated are slim. Why? No fan service! There are no boobie monsters or panty shots anywhere to be seen!

And I never got why Freezing or Black God got animated in the first place? Its not like they were very good? But they did have lots of fanservice!

Dude I loved freezing it was epic sauce with side of Dayum! The ani me was horrible...and well I find your post just insulting. ToG doesn't need fan service. It's awesome on it's own. Not to mention it has way to many metro's >.>

I agree that ToG doesn't need any fan service. There are more than enough anime that doesn't have fan service that are good.

Myki

Myki

Potato Spud

• Donator
  • 22 posts
  • LocationLA and outa my mind
Have a long list of manhwaS I'd love to see animated! ToG, Noblesse, Tal, Let's Fight Ghost, Kubara, Trace, Pinocchio.....stop me now! Maybe someday!
✌۵(☮‿☮)۵ Every Spirit

Antisolar

Antisolar

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationSanzu-no-kawa
Hope there will never any anime version of ToG.
Cuz as said anime are just destroying paper version. I've read some comics (like 250 ?) and I never see an anime adaptation(I didn't search for 250 adaptation though) that didn't modified the story. Add of fanservice, censure, complete changes in the story...
Actualy I've only see only one good anime adaptation and it was Elfen Lied. And of course there are a lot difference between the anime and the scans.. But Elfen Lied could made cry su much I had hard times to breath.
And also only one anime version better than the scan version : Code Geass. And if I'm not mistaken the scan version is the(bad?) adaptation of the anime.

Now, I only watch anime that seem to follow the scan, like Naruto (but well, they modified the Naruto VS Pain fight so much it was not the universe of Naruto anymore) or anime that are not the adaptation of any scan.
Adaptation from novel or visual novel are fine too, like Bakemonogotari or Type Moon's.

But ToG is just marvelous. Unless the anime adaptation is perfect, unless there is no change, it would only hurt (a lot of people including me) to see.
It will never appens because the ones in charge of adaptations seek audiance and money. If they have to made Baam's face in Yuri's breasts instead of Yuri's foot in Baam's face, in order to get more people addicted, they will do it.
I don't want that. Baam would, but not me.

aoshik12.jpg

gus

gus

Couch Potato

• tC Donator
  • 2,335 posts
it true what you said the quality of anime have drop over the year they are just making anime at random half the time the story is not that good i haven't seen an anime of my liking since e7 and blood+ then when i read ToG i just couldn't help to want an anime based on this awesome story

m5siUe7.jpg?1

Cell

Cell

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 32 posts
What you need in situations like that, are the creator and animation group working together. Having them strictly focus on the story line, and any slight deviations the author approves of.
Also you need a good animation group, and not one that will degrade the quality of animation for time.
All of which can be specified in a contract.

What I would really, REALLY, hate to see is all the cliche bullshit.
I also dislike the use of honorifics. Yes they may speak like that in Asian cultures, but not everyone does. It's too cheesy, and again cliche.

There is that risk that an anime adptation would lower the quality of the story.

Noodlepirate

Noodlepirate

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationIn your Fridge, Stealing your Sandwich
To make an anime would require the creators involvement which would slow down releases of this great series.
I say no thanks. Maybe when the series is over or in like it's 6th+ season.
Spoiler

Cascascap

Cascascap

Potato

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Location20th Floor

Hope there will never any anime version of ToG.
Cuz as said anime are just destroying paper version. I've read some comics (like 250 ?) and I never see an anime adaptation(I didn't search for 250 adaptation though) that didn't modified the story. Add of fanservice, censure, complete changes in the story...
Actualy I've only see only one good anime adaptation and it was Elfen Lied. And of course there are a lot difference between the anime and the scans.. But Elfen Lied could made cry su much I had hard times to breath.
And also only one anime version better than the scan version : Code Geass. And if I'm not mistaken the scan version is the(bad?) adaptation of the anime.

Now, I only watch anime that seem to follow the scan, like Naruto (but well, they modified the Naruto VS Pain fight so much it was not the universe of Naruto anymore) or anime that are not the adaptation of any scan.
Adaptation from novel or visual novel are fine too, like Bakemonogotari or Type Moon's.

But ToG is just marvelous. Unless the anime adaptation is perfect, unless there is no change, it would only hurt (a lot of people including me) to see.
It will never appens because the ones in charge of adaptations seek audiance and money. If they have to made Baam's face in Yuri's breasts instead of Yuri's foot in Baam's face, in order to get more people addicted, they will do it.
I don't want that. Baam would, but not me.

Well Air gear adaptations is great, but they dont finish the manga is too long
Posted Image

Yu Han Sung

Yu Han Sung

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,989 posts
  • LocationIn Cake Heaven, stuffing myself with cakes(chocolate, fruit, etc.). Mmm... :D
Oh and just thought of this:

Even if TOG were to be adapted to an anime, I think SIU will have little say in the process.
http://www.cakewrecks.com/home/2012/3/29/sheep-who-must-not-be-named.html
For pony!!! :D

Miseng is supposedly the Prince of Zahard and thus, a trap. SIU, you've completely outdone yourself this time. :D :D :D

And I'm very sorry, I just rarely accept friend requests these days. I don't really do Facebook friend requests. Maybe next time. :P
------------------
Even though I like TOG, I have no favourite characters. There are only characters I get attached to, for the moment and some traits I adore, just for a while. In the same way, there is no character I hate or dislike. I may get annoyed, angry and so on, for a while.

Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Russet Potato

• tC Donator
  • 487 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Oh and just thought of this:

Even if TOG were to be adapted to an anime, I think SIU will have little say in the process.

Agreed but another thought, they could use fillers to add the information from the author's blog, fillers actually being canon :o
Disclaimer: I'm often rude without realising it so try not to get too offended.

Hazai

Hazai

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
It will probably never happen because there needs to a major following in japan for it to happen. The manhwa's mentioned before got animated because they were published in Japan. It's a wonder why there hasn't been an Korean animation companies that have popped up, with so much anime being drawn by Koreans. Probably because of Korea's vastly smaller population than Japan thus not getting enough support to make a money from it.

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Couch Potato

• Donator
  • 2,447 posts
  • LocationMelancholy Hill~
I think an anime version of Tower of god would be wonderful but as Hanzai said it is unlikely to happen. Maybe after the whole story completed they can consider to make it an anime but i think it is still unlikely cause if i were the author i would prefer starting new manhwa series instead of making it anime.

Edited by mfozgur, 14 March 2012 - 02:11 PM.

Steam   Playlist   Tumblr   Watchlist   M.A.List

Spoiler

Yu Han Sung

Yu Han Sung

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,989 posts
  • LocationIn Cake Heaven, stuffing myself with cakes(chocolate, fruit, etc.). Mmm... :D

It will probably never happen because there needs to a major following in japan for it to happen. The manhwa's mentioned before got animated because they were published in Japan. It's a wonder why there hasn't been an Korean animation companies that have popped up, with so much anime being drawn by Koreans. Probably because of Korea's vastly smaller population than Japan thus not getting enough support to make a money from it.

Well, I also heard that piracy is really bad in South Korea and even one manhwa author admitted to pirating lots of stuff. But she got a rude shock when she saw her works online too.

Miseng is supposedly the Prince of Zahard and thus, a trap. SIU, you've completely outdone yourself this time. :D :D :D

And I'm very sorry, I just rarely accept friend requests these days. I don't really do Facebook friend requests. Maybe next time. :P
------------------
Even though I like TOG, I have no favourite characters. There are only characters I get attached to, for the moment and some traits I adore, just for a while. In the same way, there is no character I hate or dislike. I may get annoyed, angry and so on, for a while.

DragonshadowEX

DragonshadowEX

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Locationthat's a good question, where is here

Well, I also heard that piracy is really bad in South Korea and even one manhwa author admitted to pirating lots of stuff. But she got a rude shock when she saw her works online too.

kinda explains why a place like naver which lets you see the manhwa for free exists. thx, I never knew that pirating was a big problem in Korea

Yu Han Sung

Yu Han Sung

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,989 posts

kinda explains why a place like naver which lets you see the manhwa for free exists. thx, I never knew that pirating was a big problem in Korea

Huh? Their webcomics section is no different from many other online comics portals/sites like Keenspot, Smackjeeves and many other sites, etc. The only difference is they cleverly targetted different demographics via many different types of webcomics.

In fact, they might be selling merchandise based on that series or a franchise.

Edited by Yu Han Sang, 14 March 2012 - 04:03 PM.

------------------

DragonshadowEX

DragonshadowEX

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Locationthat's a good question, where is here

Huh? Their webcomics section is no different from many other online comics portals/sites like Keenspot, Smackjeeves and many other sites, etc. The only difference is they cleverly targetted different demographics via many different types of webcomics.

In fact, they might be selling merchandise based on that series or a franchise.

sorry, I meant that letting people see mangas for free is kind of pointless in a place with no piracy but if piracy is massively rampant that trying to make people pay for manga/manhwa/webcomics becomes fruitless then you have to turn to other ways to make money from those manhwas/mangas/webcomics. In other words your comment made me think about why writers would let people read their works for free

edit: my comment was more targeted toward manga artists letting their works be shown for free rather than sites

Edited by DragonshadowEX, 14 March 2012 - 04:23 PM.

papasmourf

papasmourf

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Locationathens greece
well i also would love to see TOG become an anime or even better an RPG or MMORPG. as for the anime my only fear would be if the stoped it early as it happend in other anime such as berserk which also was a manwha(well that was due to extrime violence) claymore and many many more anime.

well i also would love to see TOG become an anime or even better an RPG or MMORPG. as for the anime my only fear would be if the stoped it early as it happend in other anime such as berserk which also was a manwha(well that was due to extrime violence) claymore and many many more anime.

Jackob

Jackob

Potato

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • LocationFrance

Berserk is not a manwa but a manga, sacrilège ! :o
Also it would be difficult for TOG to become a game (chances of getting tog anime are areoung 0%) without changing it's main fonctions.
English is my third language, so dont blame me that much ^_^.

Couch Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 3,043 posts
There is a thread about ToG being made into a MMORPG. Refer to it if you want to discuss the matter.

http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/6748-tog-mmorpg/

The opinions expressed by this user are solely their own and do not express the views of Batoto and its staff.

kshin

kshin

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 93 posts

2 naver webtoons became animes.

What ones?

Sizel

Sizel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 317 posts

What ones?

I believe one is called Miho Story and another something horse store.

Make that three.

Welcome! Convience store.