Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Anyone else beginning to dislike this author

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Secros Matias Supreme

Secros Matias Supreme

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • LocationDisney World, All year-round
Well you know as the saying goes. A story in which a character does not find love is from a creator who cannot find love.
Posted ImageFly me to the moon Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like On a, Jupiter and Mars In other words, hold my hand In other words, baby, kiss me
Fill my heart with song And let me sing for ever more You are all I long for All I worship and adore In other words, please be true
In other words, I love you

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

Well you know as the saying goes. A story in which a character does not find love is from a creator who cannot find love.

Can you give proof that the author is single and and loveless?

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

zeromin0

zeromin0

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Locationindonesia
if u see this this http://vatoto.com/search?artist_name=Kano%20Yasuhiro .**

view stat, i think his work is Great ^^ most work end at vol 10 ^_^
but I also wanted to chapter 15 or 20
- Mx0 - stil no ending .......................... please more chapter

see u - Good luck Kano Yasuhiro

Edited by zeromin0, 19 October 2012 - 04:22 PM.

ART is ALL everythings

Mistaniel

Mistaniel

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts

First of all, an good Manga series doesn't need to be ultra long. And kanou's problem isn't that he can't maintain the story, it is because he wrote them with romances as the main genre.

Shounen Manga mainly deal with Actions but Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa barely have any actions, it feels more like Shoujo Manga in my opinion. But that is how Kanou do things, he is just drawing what he likes and not trying to appease readers with anything cliche.

Thus I've been recommending Bakuman for people to understand more about the Manga industry, and I figured people are too lazy to search it themselves so here is the Link.
http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/bakuman-r63

Bakuman is really helpfull. We get to see how it works there.

As for Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa - I don't know why most of you dislike it. As for me it was really good (maybe I needed some romance ;) ). Also the ending didn't seem so rushed like in some other works. The last chapter was bad, that's true - and they just said only one thing about the main plot (that she didn't gave him an answer), but still - everything showed that she loves him too, but is shy about it. So for me it was a happy end.
You may compare that ending to Toradora (anime) - they doesn't need to show their life together after years, just showing us that they are getting together, brimming with love is enough for me.

And as for the length - author could do some plot twist, like Satomi falling for Suda, but for this title I prefer it as it is.

I also must say that Mx0 is one of my favs. I checked the author of Kagami just after finishing reading. It was good to know that it's the same author. I really enjoyed all his work till now.

daraghuman

daraghuman

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
We are hating the mangaka not because of how short or long it is, but rather on how it ended. It is a straight up middle finger up your ass ending that got a lot of his readers mad. True, his mangas are awesome and i like all of them but still a turd ending is still a turd no matter how much you polish it. Maybe a sequel to it or a spinoff series wouldve been suffice to fix it but i dont see it happening anytime.

Edited by daraghuman, 15 January 2013 - 08:49 PM.

Nermie

Nermie

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
I honestly enjoyed the ending to the manga. o.o

I agree with Mistaniel, it doesn't have to have a DEFINITE 'get together' happy end. They obviously have feelings for one another, and are clearly developing in that direction, even with just that little admission in the beach chapter. Besides, you have to think about the real meaning behind the mirror. It was never meant to help someone fall in love with the person in the mirror, but instead to change the person inside and give them the ability to get the object of their affections themselves. If you think about it that way, the ending is just fine as is. And the beach chapter was just an extra tidbit of fanservice, along with showing how she's started acting around him. It gave me the feeling that they're gonna be just fine, which is all the closure I really need. XD

As for his serials getting axed.. maybe it's time for him to find a new publisher.

Edited by Nermie, 05 February 2013 - 06:20 AM.

zlood

zlood

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
Well. If the manga were to continue for several more chapters, I think it won't be "Harisugawa in the mirror world" anymore.
The ending is sufficient enough for me personally.
Yes It is open, but we could see where the direction is taking. I mean, now the girl is shown to have feeling for the boy, and the boy is maturing, It's not that hard to see they are dating some time in the future already.
Maybe there is a lot of plot twist that could play for good, but as it stands, it doesn't all that necessary.

Kokai

Kokai

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, nowhere, somewhere and anywhere.

I honestly enjoyed the ending to the manga. o.o

I agree with Mistaniel, it doesn't have to have a DEFINITE 'get together' happy end. They obviously have feelings for one another, and are clearly developing in that direction, even with just that little admission in the beach chapter. Besides, you have to think about the real meaning behind the mirror. It was never meant to help someone fall in love with the person in the mirror, but instead to change the person inside and give them the ability to get the object of their affections themselves. If you think about it that way, the ending is just fine as is. And the beach chapter was just an extra tidbit of fanservice, along with showing how she's started acting around him. It gave me the feeling that they're gonna be just fine, which is all the closure I really need. XD

As for his serials getting axed.. maybe it's time for him to find a new publisher.

I rather think the last chapter was more of a "f*ck you, I can do mindless fanservice too but I don't wanna".

I definitly love his art style, it's just awesome. the reason why his works never got a real chance is that he is simply writing for the wrong publisher in the wrong magazine. weekly shonen jump isn't a place where you can be popular if you don't follow the "mainstream battle shonen rules" no matter how lame it is.

If you read bakuman you will see that mashiro and shuujin first wrote non-mainstream manga and they were good at that. over the course of time they faced tons of hardships because of it until they finally were "tamed and twisted" and turned to make mainstream battle manga instead.

now if they had tried to keep at making the non-mainstream manga they were good at, they would have most likely ended up like Kano Yasuhiro.

xarin42

xarin42

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

I read somewhere that the reason he doesn't switch publishers is because he's under contract.