Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Anyone else beginning to dislike this author

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

The Roady

The Roady

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • LocationElder of Past Times
You know ive been reading this manga for a few months now and i expected it to be a great ending with a nice bow....... i dont expect this all the time but this author has done this twice and im beginning to get a bit angry this....... if you dont know another of his works its MX0.....

Edit: errr MX0 was axed..... useless rant about that

so who else is tired of this?

Edited by Neoruto Nacura, 27 February 2012 - 11:33 AM.

Posted Image
Spoiler

Laurens D

Laurens D

Baked Potato

• tC Donator
  • 1,475 posts
  • Locationin the tower!
Same, me to.... do not know if Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa is axed for sure but i liked mx0 a lot. Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa was also good but did not receive any updates so i can guess it ended or waiting for new chapters to come out.

Edited by Laurens D, 27 February 2012 - 12:15 PM.

Posted Image

This is not my fault!

You could have bought my cookies.

TheMentor

TheMentor

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
I really thought that the epilogue would have Tetsu being paired with either Saki or Mao, but no...

Spoiler

It is kind of disappointing really...

elektron00

elektron00

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts

Same, me to.... do not know if Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa is axed for sure but i liked mx0 a lot. Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa was also good but did not receive any updates so i can guess it ended or waiting for new chapters to come out.

Well according to Saphsin:

Well it's different....this manga is ending because shueisha decided it wasn't good enough.....
mind you, I enjoyed it but I think his other 2 series were much better.

I think Kagami no Kuni has a quite adequate length. Why must good manga be long? I still want it to last longer (60~80 chapters or so) though.

Kano Yasuhiro is one of the mangakas I like the most. But why isn't he popular yet? (._.) I'm sad...

Raika

Raika

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • LocationLook I'm right behind you! JK~

Well it's different....this manga is ending because shueisha decided it wasn't good enough.....

I think Kagami no Kuni has a quite adequate length. Why must good manga be long? I still want it to last longer (60~80 chapters or so) though.

Kano Yasuhiro is one of the mangakas I like the most. But why isn't he popular yet? (._.) I'm sad...

Me too! too bad the mangas he wrote ending in crappy ways... srsly the endings were just... bad....

0538eac231a9237c46d026939ba7d82d.giftumblr_mauva6OqqX1qbuna9o1_400_zps7278aa

Spoiler

Four

Four

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
Well I don't dislike the author, just the last extra chapter. That was honestly a complete let down. But other than that, I still like the author's works.

uyumak95

uyumak95

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
I think it was a good manga, but with that last chapter... he could have tried more. I´m a quite dissapointed because it ended, I really liked it.

God Ginrai

God Ginrai

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 218 posts

You know ive been reading this manga for a few months now and i expected it to be a great ending with a nice bow....... i dont expect this all the time but this author has done this twice and im beginning to get a bit angry this....... if you dont know another of his works its MX0.....

Put yourself in the author's shoes for once, you selfish git. Every serialization he has written has been cancelled by Jump; (Pretty Face, Mx0, Kagami no Kuni) It's not like he chose to end his stories where he did. He just made the best of the situation. He even left Mx0 open so that it wouldn't be the kind of ending that Pretty Face had and so that the series could be continued if he ever got the chance again. At least Kagami no Kuni was a storyline that needed an early ending. (It would have just gotten stale if he had continued it on much longer) If anything, you should feel sorry for the poor guy. If I were him, I'd be afraid of making anything other than One-Shots anymore because Jump keeps cancelling his works.

-God Ginrai

Edited by God Ginrai, 27 February 2012 - 10:32 PM.

Izanaghi

Izanaghi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Put yourself in the author's shoes for once, you selfish git. Every serialization he has written has been cancelled by Jump; (Pretty Face, Mx0, Kagami no Kuni) It's not like he chose to end his stories where he did. He just made the best of the situation. He even left Mx0 open so that it wouldn't be the kind of ending that Pretty Face had and so that the series could be continued if he ever got the chance again. At least Kagami no Kuni was a storyline that needed an early ending. (It would have just gotten stale if he had continued it on much longer) If anything, you should feel sorry for the poor guy. If I were him, I'd be afraid of making anything other than One-Shots anymore because Jump keeps cancelling his works.

-God Ginrai

well now that u put it that way, i can see where your coming from and that he does have my sympathy for getting axed twice...but even so couldnt he have ended it on a high note? sure i wouldnt mind a beach scene but why incorporate somekind of closure instead of random fanservice? not tryin to sound like im hatin on him or anything. on the contrary, i love his work. mx0 was one of my faves. and i will finish by saying...BRING BACK MX0!!!!!!!!!!

LazyBum

LazyBum

Potato Spud

• Donator
  • 27 posts
Bah, his problem is that his manga have some kind of impossible to keep for long secret (Mx0 - had to keep a secret, Pretty Face - had to keep a secret, Kagami - had to keep a secret). There's only so many situations he can make and it's hard to keep up this situation without repeating some stuff or making it easy to predict.

He's still a great author, but his creativity doesn't seem to last long.

TamaSaga

TamaSaga

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
I'm a bit disappointed, but I'm eager to see what he comes up with next.

3 serializations, and I've enjoyed all three. So I'll definitely read his next work.

Carnige

Carnige

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationTurkey

-God Ginrai

Kagami no Kuni wasn't axed he decided that he could not continue the storyline and stopped on his own and no matter the circumstance saying that there will be an epilogue about story and making readers wait for 3 weeks only to give them some fanservice which is not related to anything whatsoever.If only he would not have said anything about epilogue or wouldn't implied that it would be something about story no one would hate him for the ending.From the beginning everyone new this story would be short term but that one last chapter and giving everyone expectations only to crush them with something stupid made me really hate the guy.And this has nothing to do with his previous works he had no say in those endings but even so they were way better than this one

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

http://weeklyjump.livejournal.com/

If you scroll down, yes it got canceled a few weeks ago.

Me too! too bad the mangas he wrote ending in crappy ways... srsly the endings were just... bad....

The problem isn't that his series (I'm referring to Pretty face and Mx0 here cause I didn't think Harisugawa was that good) has a bad ending, but that there was an ending at all. They ended too quickly and left a lot open. Actually if you have read a lot of manga, you could tell he ends his series in a very clean way. Even some of the best series in manga history have rushed endings or endings that don't even make sense.

Because Shueisha decided that it wasn't going to last very long, popularity was dropping even further with Nisekoi introduced into magazine (conflict between similar genres both in WSJ), and so on.

Actually, though Mx0 was cancelled due to low rankings (votes on questionnaires) and low tankobon sales, it was ranked with the top 110 manga for top manga of all time in online Japanese polls. Unfortunately, that's from the eyes of more avid readers and not the general audience. But yeah, this series wasn't good as the last one....

Kagami no Kuni wasn't axed he decided that he could not continue the storyline and stopped on his own and no matter the circumstance saying that there will be an epilogue about story and making readers wait for 3 weeks only to give them some fanservice which is not related to anything whatsoever.If only he would not have said anything about epilogue or wouldn't implied that it would be something about story no one would hate him for the ending.From the beginning everyone new this story would be short term but that one last chapter and giving everyone expectations only to crush them with something stupid made me really hate the guy.And this has nothing to do with his previous works he had no say in those endings but even so they were way better than this one

Can you tell me where you got this information?

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

God Ginrai

God Ginrai

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 218 posts

-God Ginrai

well now that u put it that way, i can see where your coming from and that he does have my sympathy for getting axed twice...but even so couldnt he have ended it on a high note? sure i wouldnt mind a beach scene but why incorporate somekind of closure instead of random fanservice? not tryin to sound like im hatin on him or anything. on the contrary, i love his work. mx0 was one of my faves. and i will finish by saying...BRING BACK MX0!!!!!!!!!!

I definitely agree that the Beach chapter is kind of out of place. Also, I think that the ending for Kagami no Kuni is better than if he tried to end it on a faster note, if you assume they weren't going to let him drag out an ending. And if they did that, he would have to come up with something that either moved way too fast pace or magical feelings appearing. Either way, I think it would have been a bad quality ending if that had happened. Also, I want Mx0 and Pretty Face brought back. The reason Jump cancelled Mx0 was because it wasn't as popular with the Japanese readers. Which is stupid, because it was immensely popular with English readers. If Jump would just globablize their releases, then they would make a lot more money, Artists wouldn't get axed as much, and we wouldn't need to scanlate Jump mangas for English and maybe some other languages.

Bah, his problem is that his manga have some kind of impossible to keep for long secret (Mx0 - had to keep a secret, Pretty Face - had to keep a secret, Kagami - had to keep a secret).

If you pay attention, it's only his serializations that have secrets. His One-Shots normally do not.

Offtopic: Saphsin, what anime is that GIF in your signature from?

-God Ginrai

Edited by God Ginrai, 28 February 2012 - 09:14 PM.

syockit

syockit

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts
The beach episode isn't going to be on the tankōbon. At least that's what he claimed. But I doubt the editor will let him have his way…

It's probably made to prove that he's actually capable of drawing fanservice-laden manga. Of course, his fans were pissed of by this chapter, but people who only started reading Kagami no Kuni on that chapter were wondering "this manga looks good, why did it get cancelled?"

So he actually can draw a manga that can appeal to a good chunk of Young Jump readership. But he chose not to, because it's not what he wants to draw. Really, why can't he move to Weekly Magazine already.

LazyBum

LazyBum

Potato Spud

• Donator
  • 27 posts

If you pay attention, it's only his serializations that have secrets. His One-Shots normally do not.

-God Ginrai

Those are what what I was refering to.

(I'm assuming you mean the stripper pole? It's Highschool DxD. Might want to note you can see their names in the background shadow so you could google them.)

Edited by LazyBum, 03 March 2012 - 01:45 AM.

God Ginrai

God Ginrai

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 218 posts

-God Ginrai

Those are what what I was refering to.

(I'm assuming you mean the stripper pole? It's Highschool DxD. Might want to note you can see their names in the background shadow so you could google them.)

I realize that is what you were referring to. However, you made it sound like that was the only kind of manga he was capable of. I was mentioning that it isn't all he is capable of and was suggesting that it could be driven more by what Shonen Jump wants his serializations to have in them rather than his own style.

Side Note: Ah, so it's Highschool DxD. Thanks.

-God Ginrai

LazyBum

LazyBum

Potato Spud

• Donator
  • 27 posts
Ah, I gotcha.

ThomasterXXL

ThomasterXXL

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts

-God Ginrai

Ouch... poor guy... How can they do this to him?!
I hate that this awesome manga had to end so soon (and hate how ch. 29 kinda made the manga as a whole worse... *in my opinion).

Not only do I think that this had much more potential and would've been better if it lasted longer, but I also think that it wasn't supposed to end anytime soon... There was still quite a lot of "things" that could twist the plot or deepen it... (I'm kinda interested in Suda)

abafh.

mimamotte

mimamotte

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts
First of all, an good Manga series doesn't need to be ultra long. And kanou's problem isn't that he can't maintain the story, it is because he wrote them with romances as the main genre.

Shounen Manga mainly deal with Actions but Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa barely have any actions, it feels more like Shoujo Manga in my opinion. But that is how Kanou do things, he is just drawing what he likes and not trying to appease readers with anything cliche.

Thus I've been recommending Bakuman for people to understand more about the Manga industry, and I figured people are too lazy to search it themselves so here is the Link.
http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/bakuman-r63