Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Horror Movies

Horror Movies

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

darkhunter

darkhunter

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationDarkness World
i never said jap ... i said "ÄSIANS" :P
im a horrorcolic :P be it games/movies/books/manga/anime :)

Broken Identity
"People say I'm a freak, dark, weird, sick and twisted person, but I actually have the heart of a young girl ... in a jar, on my desk ..."
There is only one God ... and his name is Death.

King of Laziness

Suffering from: Procrastination Extraordinarius

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
I know. Just mentioning it in general.

sig-1.png

darkhunter

darkhunter

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationDarkness World
yeah my bad :P

still horror genre is getting crappier by the year in hollywood movies :|

Broken Identity
"People say I'm a freak, dark, weird, sick and twisted person, but I actually have the heart of a young girl ... in a jar, on my desk ..."

King of Laziness

Horn

Horn

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationWelded to my computer chair.
I very much concur. Korea is superior of the Asians when it comes to horror.

UIqflpq.jpg

darkhunter

darkhunter

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationDarkness World
yup but to bad that are few good translation out there :(

Broken Identity

King of Laziness

Guest_Jabberwocky_von_Kartoffel

Guest_Jabberwocky_von_Kartoffel
  • Guests
Hum... horror movies... I'm a scared cat. Last horror movie I watched was Resident Evil, and I didn't sleep for 2 days because of it, and after that, I got hospitalized because of hallucinations and most of them were related with Resident Evil. I just can't watch them.

GummiBears

GummiBears

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Locationin your dreams =)
Horror movies are too much for me but I can't seem to stop watching them. Maybe I like the feeling of being scared, am i weird? Haha. Saw to me was bloody more than scary, it traumatized me since I was a kid when I watched it.

What I can't get over with when I was a child were the movies: Chucky, Ju-on, Shutter, Alone and The Grudge. When I was a child, these movies made me scared of dolls(Chucky was a doll, a scary one), effing scary white ladies, old pictures(cuz of Shutter) and bathrooms(especially ones with ghost stories)and mirrors. My childhood were the days that I didn't want to be by myself or else I die. x)

Well, at least I got over it now, some of it. =))
I realized that awesome ends in ME. B-)

Posted Image
©crysa

I have loved you for a thousand years and I'll love you for a thousand more. <3
xx GummiBears xx

Sieg

Sieg

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Location.
I love horror movies, but gore really bores me. It's just.. eh, we get it, move on. Asian horror flicks are usually pretty wellmade and always fun to watch.

Antique

Antique

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • Location(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I love horror movies, but gore really bores me. It's just.. eh, we get it, move on. Asian horror flicks are usually pretty wellmade and always fun to watch.

Agreed, gore in movies as a scare tactic rarely works and just results in looking gross, nothing else. The real scary movies are the ones that mess with your mind.

Like GummiBears, I was traumatized by Chucky as a kid. I could not have any dolls in my room because I was afraid they where going to come alive. D:

Aote

Aote

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 713 posts
  • LocationCloud 8

Agreed, gore in movies as a scare tactic rarely works and just results in looking gross, nothing else. The real scary movies are the ones that mess with your mind.

Like GummiBears, I was traumatized by Chucky as a kid. I could not have any dolls in my room because I was afraid they where going to come alive. D:

I didn't have dolls so Chucky didn't completely scar me.

As I said before if you want scary...Children of The Corn.

About that...

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
As I mentioned in a previous post, Chucky really scared me as a kid. It's definitely not a family film, but my family didn't care and we watched it anyway. Had to remove all dolls from my room after it just so I could sleep. >_>

sig-1.png

Frost

Frost

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,862 posts
  • LocationLost in dreams of other worlds
Yea Chucky scared the crap out of me when I was a kid I had no dolls but definitely removed the possibility of me ever getting one.

I remember having this one really vivid nightmare about It (that monster clown thing) when I was a kid too turns out the movie wasn't very scary when I watched it again years later but I still remember that nightmare.

signature.jpg

Ushuro

Ushuro

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationMy reality
I really enjoy horror movies with an actual interesting story (like "Let Me In" and "Silence of the Lambs") and those that mix some sub-genres together, like psychological and splatter. I don't mind watching a gore movie made only for the purpose of being gory, but it gets boring pretty quick.

I'm strongly against remakes that features ditzy and boring teenagers, though. Just by seeing the trailers, I already know I'm going to dislike the whole movie.
Posted Image

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts

I really enjoy horror movies with an actual interesting story (like "Let Me In" and "Silence of the Lambs") and those that mix some sub-genres together, like psychological and splatter. I don't mind watching a gore movie made only for the purpose of being gory, but it gets boring pretty quick.

I'm strongly against remakes that features ditzy and boring teenagers, though. Just by seeing the trailers, I already know I'm going to dislike the whole movie.

"Hey, is that a long dark hallway? Let's split up and I'll go down that road. Alone."
"Great idea! And since I'm alone, I'll go take a shower, even though there's a killer on the loose."

sig-1.png

Ushuro

Ushuro

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationMy reality

"Hey, is that a long dark hallway? Let's split up and I'll go down that road. Alone."
"Great idea! And since I'm alone, I'll go take a shower, even though there's a killer on the loose."

True story.
Posted Image

Miyama

Miyama

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Locationlukedonia
I like psychological horror/thriller movies too..
Some of my favorites are "Seven", "Silence of the lamps", "Red Dragon", "Skeleton Key", "The Grudge", "The Orphanage" and many more^^

Edited by seeyou, 12 May 2012 - 12:52 PM.

85vt.png

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
Awesome, another psychologicals fan!

sig-1.png

Angelo.

Angelo.

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
  • Locationsleeping on a cloud
drag me to hell, the rite, back wen i was kid i was a pussy and scared to even watch horror movies now i love them so much its hard to find something scary =.=

wEr4

wEr4

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,068 posts
Hmm...I am not usually the one to go for horror movies. I prefer a bit more thrills/chills like the newest Woman in Black which I found was nice. I haven't seen any Asian horror flicks though...Gotta look a bit deeper into this genre. *Adds a few to the list*
Posted Image

Rien ne pèse tant qu'un secret...

Sieg

Sieg

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Location.
The Woman In Black is a horror flick if anything. It was pretty watchable, too.

Edited by Vaygr, 11 June 2012 - 04:35 PM.