Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Horror Movies

Horror Movies

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
So, any fans of Horror movies? What are your favourites?

I'm personally fond of Psychological Horror ones, movies like Ju-on (The Grudge), The Shining, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (yes, there's a movie), stuff like that.

sig-1.png

Horn

Horn

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationWelded to my computer chair.
While I watch and enjoy pretty much any type of horror, I find myself very drawn towards "gorn" movies. Stuff like Saw, Hostel, House of Wax, The Collector, The Hills Have Eyes...the more blood and gore, the better. I'm pretty sick, yeah. >_>
I also like stuff that could be feasible somehow. For example, movies about unknown viruses spreading and turning people into body horror abominations...it feels creepier because pandemics and the like are very real and many people fear them.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (yes, there's a movie)

I saw that one...I did like it quite a bit, and I would've liked it more if the Japanese weren't such horrible horrible actors...

UIqflpq.jpg

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
I don't mind gore when it does show up, but too much of it too many times can get kinda boring. A prime example of that for me would be the Saw series. It was good till like the third one, where after it just fell for the most common trap all gore horror series fall into eventually: it became repetitive and predictable. Just seeing a lot of red everywhere isn't scary anymore.

That's why, in contrast, I prefer Psychological Horror. It's usually unpredictable and keeps you guessing, sometimes till even after the ending credits. That's what makes it fun.

sig-1.png

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Couch Potato

• Donator
  • 2,447 posts
  • LocationMelancholy Hill~
I am sorry katsuri I don't like horror films
Especially watching Saw series at once. Ewww!

Steam   Playlist   Tumblr   Watchlist   M.A.List

Spoiler

Frost

Frost

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,862 posts
  • LocationLost in dreams of other worlds
I don't really like horror movies...overactive imagination :batoto_020:
But whenever my roommates or family are watching a horror movie I can't help but be drawn to it. Its sorta like when you're covering ur face with ur hands but still secretly peek anyways.

What mainly gets me though is the jump scenes and thats mainly because I have good reflexes. Thats my lame excuse for being a big wuss lol.

One of the scarier movies I've watched would have to be The Strangers, because it was based on a real event which means it could actually happen o.O scary stuff out there.

signature.jpg

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Couch Potato

• Donator
  • 2,447 posts
  • LocationMelancholy Hill~
I only like horror movies when i go to cinema with a girl. lol
Posted ImagePosted Image

Steam   Playlist   Tumblr   Watchlist   M.A.List

Spoiler

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
It's okay if you don't like 'em. They're not for everyone.

But whenever my roommates or family are watching a horror movie I can't help but be drawn to it. Its sorta like when you're covering ur face with ur hands but still secretly peek anyways.

What mainly gets me though is the jump scenes and thats mainly because I have good reflexes. Thats my lame excuse for being a big wuss lol.

It's fun to watch it with friends, but when you watch it alone is when you get a real scare.
I don't like horror movies that use cat scares excessively. A couple here and there are fine, but to have the main source of horror be sudden sharp sounds and screams? That's just cheap. I'd rather be scared/creeped out by the atmosphere.

sig-1.png

Frost

Frost

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,862 posts
  • LocationLost in dreams of other worlds

It's okay if you don't like 'em. They're not for everyone.

It's fun to watch it with friends, but when you watch it alone is when you get a real scare.
I don't like horror movies that use cat scares excessively. A couple here and there are fine, but to have the main source of horror be sudden sharp sounds and screams? That's just cheap. I'd rather be scared/creeped out by the atmosphere.

Yea I know right! I would also rather be creeped out by the atmosphere and not cheap sudden noises, they make you focus less on the movie and more on anticipating when the sudden scare will happen. I don't think I would be able to watch a scary movie alone, whenever i watch with friends I'm always commenting on the movie like "don't go in there!" or trying to predict what might happen next and stuff to lessen the scare I might receive it if it was dead quiet.

signature.jpg

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  • Locationsometimes here, most of the time there.
I like horror movies :) (Gross or just a ghostly thing is fine)
Yes, Higurashi no naku koro ni is epic one.
I also like Shiki, Ghost Hunt and my current favorite is Another

aside from anime, when it comes to horror I tend to watch works of japanese (The Ring, The Grudge blah blah blah) and taiwanese (Shutter, Phobia I and II, Coming soon etcetera..). Their works are superb. Korean and american ones? average..

seyrine

seyrine

Unemployed Kitty In A Penguin Suit

• Administrators
  • 1,830 posts
  • LocationLurking nearby...
I generally avoid scary things, scary movies in particular. ("It's not that I'm afraid of ghosts or spirits or anything, I just don't know how to put one in a headlock when I meet one.") But since I had a partner that liked being scared off her seat, I was forced to endure and now I can pretty much handle myself. I think.

I've heard about Higurashi, and it's been sitting on my HDD for more than a year now, but I can't bring myself to watch it... ;) is it a must-see?

aside from anime, when it comes to horror I tend to watch works of japanese (The Ring, The Grudge blah blah blah) and taiwanese (Shutter, Phobia I and II, Coming soon etcetera..). Their works are superb. Korean and american ones? average..

Try watching "Shutter" in an old house around dusk. Scarier than a midnight screening due to the light playing with shadows. :) And I agree about the American horror movies being sub-par to Japanese ones. Too much gore and stuff, things like that wont scare you to your innards... I remember watching the original Nightmare on Elm Street and laughing instead of cowering in fear.

Haven't seen any Korean horror films though. Care to recommend a few? :)

Catch my story; the Neverender Series

Batoto's Rules Repository | Rules, Guidelines and FAQs

Rules and Regulations | How to get help | Frequently Asked Questions

If all else fails, PM me. And use the REPORT button if you see any content that may violate site policy.

Catch me on irc.idlechat.net (#seyrine) and D.F.T.B.A.!

Lower life

Lower life

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts
"The forth kind" Is a scary movie, it shows how primitive our tec is to galactic travellers, they can break our spines from Jupiter.

Edited by Lower life, 18 March 2012 - 11:38 AM.

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts

"The forth kind" Is a scary movie, it shows how primitive our tec is to galactic travellers, they can break our spines from Jupiter.

Yeah, the premise alone for me was terrifying, even if the so-called "actual footage" was all a hoax.

sig-1.png

Leechington

Leechington

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts
I also liked The Fourth Kind. OwO

I love horror movies but I'm a total wuss and often have to sleep with a light on after I watch them. ;A;
I think the worst case of that was after I watched The Grudge, which is what basically got me into J-horrors.
I had to sleep with the tv on for months, because when I turned the lights off I was convinced I saw shadows everywhere and they were coming for me. D:

I liked Insidious, mostly only the first half because after that it gets a little corny. Big buildup to kind of a letdown.
I never saw the One Missed Call movie but I did watch a couple of episodes from the show, freaky stuff.
Final Destination freaked me out a bit too, I was so paranoid after watching it. xD
White Noise was pretty scary.
The Paranormal Activity movies were good. O_O It's a bit of a love it or hate it series of films, but the third one is by far the scariest. It builds up great tension and it's not just a bunch of things jumping at you.

Basically if it doesn't mentally scar me for a few days, it's not a success. Not to say I can't appreciate movies that don't, but the ones that do definitely leave an impression.

Oh, I heard "Carved" was good. Has anybody seen that?

Aote

Aote

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 713 posts
  • LocationCloud 8
Children of the Corn-mentally scarring

About that...

Zero King

Zero King

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 866 posts
  • LocationThe World I Designed
I love horror movies (all kinds)

The Devil's rejects, Chainsaw massacre: the beginnings, saw 2, and many others

Horror anime: Hellgirl, hellsing, Elfien Lied, Blue Gender.

my first horror movie was Chucky's bride

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
I remember watching Chucky when I was little...not exactly the best family movie, but my family didn't care. I was scarred for life, and wouldn't sleep until all the dolls in my room were removed.

sig-1.png

POMF=3

POMF=3

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 748 posts
  • LocationInfancy
Watching the animated Resident Evil movie
It's pretty bad. lmao

Hmm..as for Horror....scariest movie I've ever seen has been Sex in the City (or is it Sex and the City)
oh well, I can't look at horses the same anymore

I also like..Wrong Turn, Wrong Turn2...movies like that
Something about the low budget, terrible acting, unnotable cast gets me quite enticed

I hope they understand that I really understand that they don't understand

Oh Sky.

Spoiler

Lalbutt

Lalbutt

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationMoving Castle
next time i watch a horror movie at the cinemas, whoever the person in front of me is, im gonna slowly, slowly...... sneak up :ph34r: ..... my hand to the back....of their neck...... and, and...SQQUUEEEEEEEEZZEEE :batoto_020:

darkhunter

darkhunter

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationDarkness World
i love horror movies from the lol slasher to comedy horror :)

but imo asians do the best ones ... the crappy Hollywood are just for show and special effects

Broken Identity
"People say I'm a freak, dark, weird, sick and twisted person, but I actually have the heart of a young girl ... in a jar, on my desk ..."
There is only one God ... and his name is Death.

King of Laziness

Suffering from: Procrastination Extraordinarius

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
You should try some Korean Horror. Koreans are equally genius, if not more than the Japanese when it comes to Horror.

sig-1.png