Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Simply Writing - Growing through Discourse

Writing

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

codetoki

codetoki

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 389 posts
thanks for taking the time to read it and for the great advice, I'll keep it in mind and tell her
Spoiler

Spoiler

Graeystone

Graeystone

Potato

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationNW PA
codetoki - Two things-
1) Put a line in between each paragraph.

2) Use the Spoiler Tag [ spoiler][/ spoiler](no spaces in actual use) for a post that large.

Edited by Graeystone, 27 February 2012 - 08:36 PM.

Posted Image

Power without Love leads to tyranny. Love without Power to protect will fade.

The only absolute thing about absolute techniques is that sooner or later somebody absolutely breaks them.

There are no fan-boys. Just an-girls who don't need a bra and their plumbing is on the outside.

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Couch Potato

• Donator
  • 2,447 posts
  • LocationMelancholy Hill~
I know i don't add anything new in this thread but i came to say this to all of you

I am officially inviting all of you to write a manga story and doing it continuously.
At fisrt we are planning to make a oneshot after that we can consider what will we do.
We have two sections for this purpose
1st Story part >> We will need talented Native or ver well English users and advisors
2nd Graphics Part >> We will need talented Photoshop users and Scretch drawers

Additional helps: We will give credits for everyone who works on this project and we will give special thanks to all advisors. This Manga won't be published and it will be available on only Batoto. This is Our Manga. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for attending our group.
Besides We can do this
I Believe this with my all heart
Sincerely
Leonardo (mfozgur - Fozzy - foz )
(I wish i didn't change my nick)

Steam   Playlist   Tumblr   Watchlist   M.A.List

Spoiler

Jim Eisenberg

Jim Eisenberg

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationCoventry
Wow, a writing thread! Well, I wrote this a while ago, and I wanted to move this bit around and add paragraphs in here and there... but this was supposed to be the start of a novel:

My parents owned what they called a «trading outpost ». I have never seen the like of their store elsewhere, but they bought farmers' goods to sell them to the few merchants that would go that far away from the capital. We lived on the second floor, while my father did buisness in the barn and on the first floor.
As a child, I was blessed above my brothers, elevated. I was third, you see? My parents loved me no less, but with one adventurous troublemaker and one attention-seeking wail machine to mask my tracks, I could often slip around the house and out of parental slavery without Mother flaunting her skills as ex-catcher of her childhood village kick-ball team. The day I proudly stood up on my two small feet and promptly fell on my backside amongst the cheering of two beaming parental faces and two brothers, one bored and one jealous, Father took me in his enormous arms and we had a serious talk about the dangers of wandering on my own in the emtpy village. The little I did hear sounded a lot like express permission to frollick around the hills I had admired on my sentry rounds upon Mother's shoulders.
The product of a stern, silent man for whom the grunt was an entire language, and an overworked perfectionist who had to take care of two bigger, louder headaches, I had not found the oportunity to ask "why?" enough for my liking. Faced with the enormity of the outside world, and the strangeness of nature in the wild fields around the house, I had far too many why's for a lone child... But I did not know that. So I set out on my very own quest. I wanted to understand the world. All the world.
So I poked beehives, crawled on the ground to observe ants, climbed trees to study their leaves, tried to follow the sun and meet it when it reached the forest behind the house and so much more, while my brothers worked in the store, moving bales of wheat to and fro, and bringing out tools and salt for the farmers. Father somehow traded news and bargained solely with short grunts, though I now suspect he heavily depended on his great bushy eyebrows to add flavor to the conversation.

I removed a few unfinished paragraphs so the flow between the paragraphs might be screwy. Now someone insult this as precisely as you can please ;)

Edit: I just realised that his brothers were too young to "move bales of wheat to and fro" :P so don't bother pointing that out.

Edited by Jim Eisenberg, 20 March 2012 - 03:53 PM.

"He also let me know that clocks are still the in thing. That’s reassuring to me, as I was worried the fashion might have changed while I was gone. But no, he continues to point whenever he sees one, announcing to everyone who cares to listen that there is a clock. I agree to this as well, even if that particular clock happens to be, say, a thermometer.

There is an art to conversation, you see, and part of that art is the ability to occasionally let a trifling difference of opinion slide by without making a federal case out of it.

So he says, “Clock,” and I think, Okay. Fair enough. I see your point.

“Clock,” I agree."
Pat Rothfuss, about his (very young) son.