Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Kubera Season 1 Raw Discussions

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

Sensei~

Sensei~

Russet Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 457 posts
- make predictions
- post spoilers
- raw discussions

Thread previously "RAWS/PREDICTIONS/SPOILERS"

Edited by Fembot, 16 December 2012 - 10:07 PM.
Thread hijacked by Fem. Changed title and merged stuff.

Angryfan1

Angryfan1

Potato

• Members
  • 139 posts
Neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
...Don't ban me again.

Ivy

Ivy

Potato

• Contributor
  • 154 posts
I think Asha is the girl "that sought revenge" she talks about in ch. 4.

Spoiler

Michael Chandra

Michael Chandra

Fingerling Potato

• tC Donator
  • 71 posts
Kubera himself has finally entered the fray. =D

chrys

chrys

Potato Sprout

• tC Donator
  • 7 posts
i'm really interested in the relationship between kubera and leez....does anyone think he has a thing for future leez? was he the one that ordered for her to be killed? and what exactly is going on with kubera, the ice asha guy, and agni.....

weird, anyways, i'm predicting from the raws that future leez is gonna hate him cause her friends are gonna die (asha?) on the adventure tha was her destiny. ^_^

but i'd be really grateful if someone could just write a summary of what's going on in the raws!! >_< )

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Wow, I never thought that those black scenes may refer to Leez' Future, very interesting theory there!

I always assumed that it was her past self or past incarnation, and that she brainwashed herself or something because she was too tired of living. Or that the black scenes were actually flashbacks of her mother, who after suffering a lot finally managed to find happiness and settle down, only to find that the responsibility of caring for the name was handed down to her daughter.

If they were actually Leez' future, then I feel really sorry for her. It's not right for such an upbeat girl to become so dark. :(

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

chrys

chrys

Potato Sprout

• tC Donator
  • 7 posts
yeah, but at least we know she's super pretty!
and i think it was her dad that named her....^_^

Carbon

Carbon

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=131385&no=97

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Yeah, lots of stuff happening in this chapter, lots of theories to be reviewed. Holy crap! Rao Leez sure looks different from the Chapter 1 photo! And he appeared in Asha's flashback too, and disappeared in the year where Asha supposedly lost "everything."

For those wondering: no, Ran didn't make a connection between Leez and Rao (who is actually Leez' father), except that she suddenly reminded him of Rao. Asha told him to leave while she chases Leez on her own, but Ran, thinking about Rao, noted how very weak humans are compared to Sura and how even the strongest magicians can disappear just like that (Rao disappeared too). He judges that Asha doesn't seem very athletic and would have trouble keeping up, he should go with her, and Asha accepts.

It seems Yuta's mom told him that Maruna and Kalavinka are in the human world, but she's taking Yuta to the Sura world anyway. She's figured out that Yuta likes Leez. O.o;; But she thinks that all that talk about love is crap, and that Yuta's been fed nonsense by Shuri. When she asked Yuta why he likes Leez, he answered that he wasn't sure, but that he felt something was different the first time he met her (don't tell me he was actually confused by the power of the name coming from Leez? D: ). So anyway, Yuta's mom suggests that perhaps it's just a form of appetite, and brings him to Leez with the chance for him to determine his real feelings right then and there (don't tell me she's going to try to make him eat her? D: )

At the very beginning of the chapter, it seems Yuta is sad that his mother just killed a friend, and it seems his mother is telling him to eat up... :'(

Anyway, theories from this chapter: from Currygom's blog and from the comments from the village guards, we know that Rao was a well-respected person, and was actually a very strong magician (however, he and Leez' mother were not officially married, which explains why no-one knows about Leez). I guess Ran knew him as well, and Asha also knew him. And I just realized that when Rao refers to Kubera, he probably meant his daughter, not the God Kubera. *smacks forehead* I forgot who it was who said that it was Rao who named Leez as Kubera. Asha knows that Rao wished for his daughter to be happy, so she feels guilty for using Leez like this.

However, Rao disappeared in N5, which corresponds with when Asha supposedly lost "everything" (assuming the girl in her flashbacks is her, which she probably is). Asha hates the Gods but doesn't seem to hate Sura, so it's possible that Gods were responsible for the death of those close to Asha, or maybe God Kubera himself was responsible. I guess the massacre she witnessed may also have something to do with "The Power of the Name" (maybe the perpetrators were looking for Leez as well), so Asha found Leez first and is now protecting her, with revenge in mind too. Rao must have sent his daughter into hiding because he saw all this coming.

Recently I got around to jumping the hoops necessary to open a Naver account thanks to instructions online. Then I happily went to the Kubera fancafe, only to find another registration page, this time requiring you to type answers in Korean. Why are Korean registration pages so complicated? ;_;

Edited by Mizura, 10 December 2011 - 06:42 PM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,

Ivy

Ivy

Potato

• Contributor
  • 154 posts
Wow! The story is getting interesting, it seems we are getting more and more answers.
I wonder, will the story continue up to when Leez is adult? Or it will focuse more on the process and the reasons why she will become an avenger, and then finish? Is there anything about this on Currygom's blog?

Spoiler

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
I never saw anything about stopping right before Leez becomes an adult, but if that happens I'm going to be maaaaaajorly pissed, and I really doubt I'll be the only one. D:
I think it's more likely for there to be a timeskip than for the story to stop right there, unless Currygom gets fired or gets tired of the manhwa (I kind of doubt it?).
There are also too many hints that in fact, those who destroyed Leez' village aren't the main antagonists of the story, so the story can have a "proper" resolution other than Leez swearing to destroy all sura till the end of time (or equivalent). Also, when she was talking with God Kubera in the cave, God Kubera also noted that the insight has changed. So, Leez' future isn't set in stone yet (even if it's still rather bleak). Also, remember that according to a reading by Lorraine, there were no deaths in Leez' village.

Vishnu is said to be the only God of Origins to remember what it was like before the Universe was created, so he had insight into every living being in existence, unlike the other Gods who can't for example use their insights on the Nastika (insight only works on those younger than you). I think he anticipated much of all this and minimised the worst possible outcome for everyone (so, Gandharva will likely find Shakuntala, Leez may find her village again, etc.).

Edited by Mizura, 12 December 2011 - 12:17 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Ivy

Ivy

Potato

• Contributor
  • 154 posts
Thanks for the answer! I said that because ToG finishes its first season now and that left me thinking if Kubera would stop some day, too. Also, there's always the risk of cancellation, although for the moment is very unlikely because it's one of the best rated comics on Naver.

Spoiler

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Ah, but that's precisely it, TOG isn't finishing either. ;) Baam will return one day (even if lo----ng in the future ;_; ) all grown up and irregularly powerful. Anyway, neither ToG nor Kubera has any risks of cancellations right now as far as I can tell, good for us!

It Is interesting to note though that all the protagonists shown in the prologue are now accounted for, as well as several major scenes (Sagara vs Brilith, Rana lecturing Ran. Maybe Leez and Yuta scene too, as they've met up at least), so it Does make you wonder if the story is near completion (or at least Part I is). One thing that always puzzled me though was that Agni seems to be a major character, but so far he's been stuck in Atera or God realm so hasn't really been able to do anything. I wonder if the story will shift more to his POV eventually? It could be interesting, as we are currently missing the POV of Gods.

You know, a lot of people are also reading Kubera for the comedy, even though there's an undeniable background of tragedy. Still, those fun-loving readers will probably have Currygom's head if he ended Kubera on a "And that's why she became an avenger! Boo-hoo!" note. xD

God, I want another scanlated chapter of Kubera SO MUCH. x_x Those pitiful snippets of Google Translate gibberish just don't compare.

3492bk6.jpg

Ivy

Ivy

Potato

• Contributor
  • 154 posts

It Is interesting to note though that all the protagonists shown in the prologue are now accounted for, as well as several major scenes (Sagara vs Brilith, Rana lecturing Ran. Maybe Leez and Yuta scene too, as they've met up at least), so it Does make you wonder if the story is near completion (or at least Part I is). One thing that always puzzled me though was that Agni seems to be a major character, but so far he's been stuck in Atera or God realm so hasn't really been able to do anything. I wonder if the story will shift more to his POV eventually? It could be interesting, as we are currently missing the POV of Gods.

We still have to read the scene where Leez hugs Yuta that appears on the prologue. God Kubera has a flashback about this place in a chapter, but I don't remember exactly which one (isn't translated yet).
Still, I agree with you. That was also another reason why I feel we are reaching the end of the first part of the story. I hope I'm wrong, though.

Edited by Ivy, 12 December 2011 - 05:42 PM.

Spoiler

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Actually, there's still a looooot of loose ends that need to be explained or resolved:
- Asha's past: why she is so talented, why does she know about Leez, how did she lose everything, how is she using Leez to get revenge.
- What happened to Leez' village
- What exactly does the power of the name stand for? Since we keep getting insights into Leez' future, it seems she still has a long future ahead
- Ran: actually, his mother is the daughter of a Nastika and a Quarter (though Ran didn't quite believe it, thinking it must be a Rakshasa instead, since Nastika rarely take interest in humans). And that Nastika grandmother of his appears in one of Gandharva's flashbacks (I think she's saying that Shuri and Vishnu are no longer there, and Garuda is in a coma, so Gandharva's on his own, but she'll help him). Since "Grandma" there is an acquaintance of Gandharva, Ran may be in for a nasty family reunion. On a side note, Ran used to idolize Leez' father.
- What happened to Rao Leez anyway?
- Who is Agni looking for? (remember, Gandharva riled him up by saying that he killed her) I think Agni will start to investigate into this whole mess
- What exactly happened during the N0 Upheaval (sure, the Sura attacked, but was there something else? Why are there so many bones around that seal the halfs' abilities?)
- What is up exactly with Yuta's mom (I'm no longer sure she's the final antagonist... I mean she's still creepy, but still)
- What happened to Kalavinka, Vishnu and Shakuntala. More generally, what happened around the events of the N0 Upheaval?
- How the heck did Shiva disappear as well? Did Kali finally get to him? Why was she trying to kill him anyway?
- What happened to Ananta (it seems Kubera has something to do with his death, but we don't know what)
- In fact, what's up with Kubera, period?
- Why is the Ananta clan in this mess, too?
- Side plot: what is Shess' purpose in the plot? (interesting note: we see his and Lenny's silhouette when Kubera opened a gate to the Sura world and got Sagara and co. come in. Pay attention to every single one of Currygom's silhouette, they all seem to mean someone, you can even recognize the silhouette of several of the gods in chapter 38) Now, Shess normally came just to bring Lenny to the human world since she can't understand Sura language and was Thoroughly upset in the Sura world, but I don't think he showed up in the story for nothing. He's apparently the closest Kinnara to Airabata, whom Manasvin and Sagara mentioned when they tried to convince Gandharva to join them, so Airabata is probably a high-level Kinnara nastika too.
- Did I mention that apart from Kubera and Agni, we barely know anything about the other gods, though some are shown briefly or as silhouettes?

Basically we've still got many arcs worth of story in front of us, now the main question is whether they will be shown before or after some timeskip. We feel close to a timeskip now, because Leez' group is finally nearing the temple of Chaos, from which point on she will be holding the Sword of Regression, which is the logo of the story. And well, it'd help for Yuta to grow up a bit (we don't know what His role in the story is, either!).

By the way, yeah, there's no way the author is ending the story so fast when his whole story logo since chapter 1 has that sword in it. Leez hasn't even gotten her hands on it yet, the readers will feel pretty miffed if the story ends just as she gets to it. xD I mean, this isn't One Piece, where the title is supposed to be the thing at the very end.

Edited by Mizura, 12 December 2011 - 04:11 PM.

3492bk6.jpg

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
O---okay, I don't 100% get the Google Translate gibberish this chapter but...

Spoiler

I've got to re-read this chapter a few more times. And try to figure out the grammar. @_@;;

3492bk6.jpg

Kroll

Kroll

Russet Potato

• The Company
  • 282 posts
Spoiler

Edited by Kroll, 31 December 2011 - 06:30 PM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Spoiler

Edited by Mizura, 01 January 2012 - 05:04 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Ivy

Ivy

Potato

• Contributor
  • 154 posts

Spoiler

(Highlight to read, I don't know how to put the "spoiler" buttons) I think the bracelet turned off because Taraka transformed. When they were at the cave Leez couldn't use magic no matter how hard she tried, but when Yuta and Taraka disappeared the bracelet worked again.
I found that Taraka was the name of a female demon from the Hindu mythology that was killed because of her insatiable hunger and lust for men.

By the way, maybe this should be discussed on the raws/predictions/spoilers thread, to get all the info together.

Spoiler

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
I started a new thread because someone else started a thread for chapter 93, so I decided to continue the trend. Besides, I hate "Latest chapter" threads. After a few pages of discussion you can't find Anything in them, and you can't properly discuss the chapters you want. There was a whole debate long ago in the Tower of God subforum on whether to use a single thread or separate threads for each chapter, and in the end the overwhelming majority preferred the latter.

Single threads are only better for "gathering" information if it isn't filled to 80% with non-information discussion. Otherwise, the actual information gets lost pretty fast, which doesn't happen in individual threads because the information is always located somewhere near the start, so people can skip the next 5 pages of discussion. Granted, the Kubera forum isn't very active right now, but still.

Anyway:
Spoiler

Edited by Mizura, 03 January 2012 - 02:26 AM.

3492bk6.jpg