Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Otoyomegatari Chapters

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts

I think there Karluk and Amir are going to consummate their marriage after this. Nothing creates a baby boom in a small town than a terrifying battle.

inzaratha

inzaratha

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationArizona (or somewhere in the forest riding a unicorn)

I wonder if they will make Azel part of the tribe through marriage soon... 

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
  • LocationManetheren, but more realistically Southern California

I think there Karluk and Amir are going to consummate their marriage after this. Nothing creates a baby boom in a small town than a terrifying battle.

"The funeral baked meats did coldly furnish forth the marriage tables."  Well, not exactly (they're already married), but the baby boom in the US did start about nine months after the end of WWII.  People who sold their munitions stock in 1945 and bought into baby food stock made a killing on the market.  I don't know about small towns, but I'll have to see if I can do some research in the matter.  Definitely an interesting theory.

-Inzaratha- I do claim the honor of being the first poster to suggest that Pariya (sp?) was a great match for Azel.  She definitely needs a "real man" to match her (not tame or subjugate her), and Azel fits that description to a T.

I'm now waiting very impatiently for the next chapter(s).

Edited by Comadrin, 07 March 2014 - 05:30 AM.

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts

I enjoyed the latest chapters, with Mr. Smith (of the "wimps out" thread) going to the "domicile of the bored housewife," but I'm still most interested in the Amira/Karluk.  I also want to know more of Karluk's grandmother, Pariya (sp), and Amira's brother along with the two other Hergal young men.  I guess that I just became very attached to all of the original characters and really want to know what's going on with them.  Mori sensei can't just abandon them and go off in another direction after we've gotten so interested in them!  (Of course, she can, if she wants to, but I don't want to believe it.)  At any event, Amira and Karluk's characters and romance were what made me devoted to this manga, and I definitely want to see more (a lot more) of them.

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts

I very much enjoyed the last three chapters back in Karluk and Amira's village.  While putting a good face on it (this is manga), I like how Mori Sensei shows the unpleasant aftermath of battle, and how much time rebuilding takes.  I'm also glad to see more of Pariya and Amir's brothers, as I really liked all of their characters.  As much as I enjoyed the twins and their escapades, Amira and company are my favorites.