Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Dragon&Fly Scans

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

penguin71

penguin71

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 268 posts
  • LocationThat state that no one cares about
I want to upload the rest of the chapters for Ratman (6-14) on Batoto and the only group that has the rest is Dragon&Fly Scans. From Batoto's Scanlator info, there are no restrictions or delays on their releases. Likewise, I cannot find any upload (or online reader) policy on their website. By all means I see no reason not to upload their releases.

However, as Dragon&Fly Scans is rumored to be affiliated with Mangafox, I am worried that there is some unspoken rule on uploading their works (to my knowledge there is ONE chapter of Bleach by them on this site). This thread states that watermarked manga (in particular D&F Scans) shouldn't be uploaded unless there isn't any other sources and that D&F Scans may have only intended there scans to be for MangaFox (or MangaHere). One possibility mentioned is to remove the watermarks if possible, but I don't have the ability to do that. From what I read so far, the verdict is still unclear.

I guess all this boils down to is: are Dragon&Fly Scans really "allowed" on this site? Or is it better to wait for different scanlators?

Edited by penguin71, 16 January 2012 - 12:51 AM.

~やら~やら

The Best Bagels

Former Typesetter/Blogger for FKMTkrazy

Spoiler

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

I want to upload the rest of the chapters for Ratman (6-14) on Batoto and the only group that has the rest is Dragon&Fly Scans. From Batoto's Scanlator info, there are no restrictions or delays on their releases. Likewise, I cannot find any upload (or online reader) policy on their website. By all means I see no reason not to upload their releases.

However, as Dragon&Fly Scans is rumored to be affiliated with Mangafox, I am worried that there is some unspoken rule on uploading their works (to my knowledge there is ONE chapter of Bleach by them on this site). This thread states that watermarked manga (in particular D&F Scans) shouldn't be uploaded unless there isn't any other sources and that D&F Scans may have only intended there scans to be for MangaFox (or MangaHere). One possibility mentioned is to remove the watermarks if possible, but I don't have the ability to do that. From what I read so far, the verdict is still unclear.

I guess all this boils down to is: are Dragon&Fly Scans really "allowed" on this site?

if we remove the watermarls that Dragon&Fly Scans put on their chapters, then we are doing the exact same thing like mangahere and mangafox, that would mean that batoto is like mangafox and mangahere.
so plz, don´t remove the watermarks from any group!

Loki

Loki

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 932 posts
  • Locationgo figure
Better wait for different source.
Spoiler

penguin71

penguin71

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 268 posts
I never really intended to remove their watermarks, as I have already seen that happen to many a poor manga. I think I may have worded that incorrectly (it was referring to watermarks by 3rd party sites in the rips, such as mangareader). Still, the question remains.

Edit: To Loki

I'm OK with waiting, I just wanted some clarification. Does this mean that watermarked manga is better left alone unless there is no other choice?

Edited by penguin71, 16 January 2012 - 12:56 AM.

~やら~やら

The Best Bagels

Spoiler

Loki

Loki

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 932 posts
  • Locationgo figure
Normally batoto doesnt hold non-watermarked manga in any higher esteem than watermarked , but dragonfly is exception , because of their nature.
Spoiler

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
the group Mixini Studios is doing Ratman. if you compare the quality of chapter 1-5 from Mixin Studios with Dragon&Fly Scans, you would see a huge difference.
I personally would rather wait for scans than upload scans from Dragon&Fly. (I don´t know if even uploading scans from Dragon&Fly Scans is ok.)

next time when you are searching for scans and the Scanlaters site isn´t online anymore. try downloading them from Mangatraders.

Edited by hero, 16 January 2012 - 01:04 AM.

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts
The affiliation is not just a rumor.

It seems to be rather clear with the watermarks that the work is intended for Mangafox/mangahere. The biggest concern is that they don't appear to be a valid scanlation group.

Dragon&Fly information updated.

penguin71

penguin71

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 268 posts
I would also rather wait for Mixini Studios, being a fan of Ratman myself, but I just didn't want to potentially let Batoto's readers get shortchanged if the Dragon&Fly Scans were not available on the site (forcing them to go to MangaFox). On a side note, I do get all the manga I don't already have on my hard drive from Mangatraders.

In conclusion, I will not upload the D&F scans. Thanks for all the information.

~やら~やら

The Best Bagels

Spoiler

krytyk

krytyk

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • LocationPoland
Batoto is batoto, because it respects scanlators wishes and policies, dragonflyscans is an integrated part of mangafox, and it's pretty sure that their scanlations are intended only for mangafox and its affilates use.

Retired Manga Cleaner/Redrawer @Manga-Heaven, @kono-basho, @wangan-scans, anonymous and more.
Illustration editor

Light Novel translator

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

Batoto is batoto, because it respects scanlators wishes and policies, dragonflyscans is an integrated part of mangafox, and it's pretty sure that their scanlations are intended only for mangafox and its affilates use.

Pretty much this.

Existence of the watermark does not change the stance towards the scanlation in anyway. What the group is trying to relay with that watermark, however, is important.