Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Watermarks

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

KidCongo

KidCongo

Global Moderator

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,768 posts
I've noticed the Mangafox and also the Mangareader watermark on a couple of chapters here and there, and was wondering what the stance on that was.

For all those thinking of thanking me for the scanlations, I only upload them, and I'm just a mod here. Please leave a message on the actual groups' pages that do all the hard work.

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts
There has yet to be established an official policy for it.

Typically we do not want them at all. Since the comic might have been compressed and/or modified. If there is any way to avoid having them, we try to do so to the best of our abilities.

Yet there are some chapters that are completely lost and only these rips exist for them.

Yu Han Sung

Yu Han Sung

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,989 posts
  • LocationIn Cake Heaven, stuffing myself with cakes(chocolate, fruit, etc.). Mmm... :D
Yah I hate those but I could only find some Subaru volumes with those markings.
http://www.cakewrecks.com/home/2012/3/29/sheep-who-must-not-be-named.html
For pony!!! :D

Miseng is supposedly the Prince of Zahard and thus, a trap. SIU, you've completely outdone yourself this time. :D :D :D

And I'm very sorry, I just rarely accept friend requests these days. I don't really do Facebook friend requests. Maybe next time. :P
------------------
Even though I like TOG, I have no favourite characters. There are only characters I get attached to, for the moment and some traits I adore, just for a while. In the same way, there is no character I hate or dislike. I may get annoyed, angry and so on, for a while.

KidCongo

KidCongo

Global Moderator

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,768 posts
The MF watermarks are quite easy to remove at least, you just have to cut off the bit with it on, although it can be rather tedious to do so, if too many chapters are in need of that attention.
As chapters w/o watermarks are preferred, I'll be re-uploading the first chapters of Trace.

For all those thinking of thanking me for the scanlations, I only upload them, and I'm just a mod here. Please leave a message on the actual groups' pages that do all the hard work.

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts
Thanks for taking the effort to re-upload. :) I'll try to sort the duplicates out.

KidCongo

KidCongo

Global Moderator

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,768 posts
Vol. 1, chapters 1-5, sorry, I should have mentioned that right away.

Trebor

Trebor

Voice to the Voiceless

• Administrators
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationUSA
Lol... I've removed comics before with mangafox WM.
Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri

KidCongo

KidCongo

Global Moderator

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,768 posts
I'd like a definitive answer, as to how to handle watermarks. It makes me slightly uneasy, if we have comics with MangaHere (almost all Dragon&Fly scans I've seen have this), Mangafox, or Mangareader watermarks.

Loki

Loki

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 932 posts
  • Locationgo figure
No Dragon&Fly scans , if the only option for other series is to be with the bottom of mangafox or mangareader (just those that mention where its read , not who made it) then its okay to upload them.

I think that pretty much covers it.
Spoiler

Trebor

Trebor

Voice to the Voiceless

• Administrators
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationUSA

No Dragon&Fly scans , if the only option for other series is to be with the bottom of mangafox or mangareader (just those that mention where its read , not who made it) then its okay to upload them.

I think that pretty much covers it.

I agree. Dragon&Fly made the watermarks themselves (the scanlators). That's evidence that the scanlators only intended MF to have it.

On the other hand, in the past, many scanlators only uploaded to mangafox. Clean copies simply *do not exist*. Where the sole source of the comic is MF and the scanlator didn't indicate that only MF should have it, it's probably okay to re-host... although, I would cut off the WM (maybe).
Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri

KidCongo

KidCongo

Global Moderator

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,768 posts
OK, I'll do that then, and I've cut off most of the MF watermarks I've come across anyhow. :)