Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Visual Novels

Visual Novels Eroge otome game

• Please log in to reply
418 replies to this topic

LightYami

LightYami

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • LocationSuomi/Finland, Tampere
I finished Aoishiro about 2 weeks ago, completing every route and none of the battles were on par with major battles on Fate/Stay Night.... ^^''

But oh well, at least it kept me a bit occupied ^^

Right now I'm reading Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a Shooting Star-, and I guess after I have completed that, I will read Chaos;Head ^^

''Do to others what you would wish to be done to you.''

My favourite song ^^

MezzoParody

MezzoParody

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 388 posts
Eh, sorry. Like I said, it's been a long time since I read it. And I did say there was nothing on the same level as F/SN's Noble Phantasms. I was mostly thinking about battles like Lancer vs Archer, or Saber vs Berserker.

Hoshizora looks cute, let us know how it is when you're done! And Chaos; Head...that one really freaked me out. I mean, it's great and all, but I had to stop reading it at night...

JulioRosario

JulioRosario

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 62 posts
Is Chaos;Head somehow connected to Stein's;Gate?

thearux

thearux

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationUruguay

I doubt it.

MezzoParody

MezzoParody

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 388 posts
Not directly, no. It's a "spiritual sequel", and I think you'll find some very off-hand references to Chaos;Head (like that one band), but they don't cross-over in any meaningful way. They have a similar sort of mystery atmosphere, though Steins;Gate is a lot less... horrific.

Basically, the strongest connection is that they're made by the same people. And they both have semi-colons in their names.

LightYami

LightYami

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 587 posts
Don't worry about it, it's not a problem ^^

Oh, Chaos; Head is scary...? Can't wait to read it after I finish this one then ^^

By the way, has any Fate/Stay Night fan read Princess Waltz...? If you haven't, I seriously recommend reading it, the story isn't something super amazing, though it is pretty good, but some of the battles are easily on the par with major battles in Fate/Stay Night where the Emiya theme is running in my opinion ^^

It even has a bit of gameplay, where you fight with elemental rock-paper-scissors card game system, though it is a bit more complicated than that and when you are low on HP (and the enemy too, I'm not sure though), you have exhausted breaths, which have been done really well in my opinion ^^

My favourite song ^^

Kuroiikawa

Kuroiikawa

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • LocationXillia

Kuroiikawa those are Light novels, Visual Novels are games.

Oh. Awkward.

Umbrae

Umbrae

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationI'll tell you when I find out
Katawa Shoujo is by far one of my favorite visual novels. I'm especially glad that I pickied it up since the description originally turned me off to the game. The best visual novel I've ever played though was probably Utawarerumono. It's a really linear game, but the story is one of the best I've seen from any visual novel.
~I am a shadow... the true self~

atdy587

atdy587

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationSingapore
Kamidori is sort of a VN and adventure rpg merge tgth.

I generally like AKB2 work and if u like G senjo no maou u shld try their earlier works like
Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo. They r pretty gd as well.

Played princess waltz. Did nt like the fact that there was no proper ending in a sense.
Game mechanism is cool though.
Now i just need to finish Baldr sky and rewrite. Maybe i shld start on mu luv as well.

Edited by atdy587, 04 July 2012 - 04:36 PM.

thearux

thearux

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationUruguay
Kyon: Big damn hero is a fanfic with 54 chapters (on going) That its being made into a VN by fans, its up to the 5th chapter for now.

• Guests

Same company made the game?
Unlike other releases by this company CHAOS;HEAD doesn't have adult content in it...
Some says the universe/world (Setting) both series are set is the same...

Just finished Dengeki Stryker... at last... I've finished something

What do you guys think of Black Lilith/Lilith's VN(s) or eroge(s)... I for one, can't read/ play them

MezzoParody

MezzoParody

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 388 posts

Kyon: Big damn hero is a fanfic with 54 chapters (on going) That its being made into a VN by fans, its up to the 5th chapter for now.

AHAHAHAHA ARE YOU SERIOUS?! Man, that's awesome! I need to go re-read that.

What do you guys think of Black Lilith/Lilith's VN(s) or eroge(s)... I for one, can't read/ play them

Dear god no. Just looking at some of the covers makes me a little queasy.

Edited by MezzoParody, 04 July 2012 - 06:03 PM.

JustAPasserBy

JustAPasserBy

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 54 posts

They happen at the same world

Amai Neko l AEC

greenguy

greenguy

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,019 posts
  • LocationArts Precinct
gonna do kougasaka chinami's route tonight! <3

LightYami

LightYami

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 587 posts
You mean Kogasaka, not Kougasaka, hahaha ^^

But based on your avatar, one would have though that you would have played it already ^^

(Kogasaka Chinami is from Hoshizora no Memoria ~Wish upon a Shooting star~ for everyone who didn't know what s/he was talking about) ^^

My favourite song ^^

• Guests
I thought you've gotten through even the Loli reaper's route, Green...
Oh well, take your time and have fun!

Edited by Ashax, 06 July 2012 - 07:32 PM.

greenguy

greenguy

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,019 posts
  • LocationArts Precinct
o yeah *Kogasaka. lool.

the progress is too slow.. took me 2 nights per route.. and i couldn't play every night >.>

yeah thanks ash!

Edited by MarshmallowJustice, 07 July 2012 - 01:40 AM.

thearux

thearux

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationUruguay

AHAHAHAHA ARE YOU SERIOUS?! Man, that's awesome! I need to go re-read that.

Dear god no. Just looking at some of the covers makes me a little queasy.

Serious as fck, here the link:
http://bdh-vn.blogspot.com/2012/05/volume-i-released.html

Sir Flash™

Sir Flash™

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationGaming & Streaming

kuma xD

Musician King's SoundCloud: 

p4dJLo8.gif

SON, NIC, SHAKES!!

Spoiler

LightYami

LightYami

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 587 posts
Finished Hoshizora no Memoria few hours ago, it was pretty average in my opinion, though people who are pretty emotional might cry when the right BGM is playing and one of those emotional scenes pop up, it's a pure love story afterall, though with lots of comedy ^^

And almost immediately after I finished the Hoshizora no Memoria, I started Chaos;Head, having played it already for a few hours, I can already say that I have not taken liking to the main character, being a paranoid and completely gutless, I have no problems with him being a paranoid, but I hope he becomes a lot more confident and so on and actually have guts to do something and not run away from reality as the story progresses ^^

The story is interesting to me, though a bit creepy, but I'll stop here for today, since I'll go to sleep, it's half past 4 AM here afterall, hahaha ^^

My favourite song ^^