Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

LPW (Last Post Wins) v5

• Please log in to reply
3101 replies to this topic

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

aargh

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
You're making lots of interesting noises today owo

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
Caught a cold

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

is penrose doing ok? been awfully quiet

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
I need to figure out why iOS now wants touchId for safari passwords

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I honestly can't stand Apple's general attitude that they know what's best for me (though it's not clear whether this is one of those instances or not).

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
A hug is a good place to belong to (or so my sleepy brain says. The statement may not be fully logical, but the sentiment seems right.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

is penrose doing ok? been awfully quiet

busy busy

and yeah i think i havent being doing too well, i havent been talking to family for a while either (just cause i feel like they can't really experience the intensity and will most likely say something useless and annoying like yeah you have to take all the shit (which they mean in a good way, but just annoys me in the end))

why is everything so competitive anyway

hmm its time for gene mixing auditions this wednesday so i feel a bit better

also, midsem break coming up

i think ill calm down and start posting more nao

-----------

On a different note, it really is nice that when I feel like doing absolutely nothing else, I have some internets people who I can talk to (or who want to talk to me)

The whole solitude thing going on in vatoto is also kind of pleasant I guess

(you can tell when im serious when i capitalise properly)

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
PENROWO~! *HUGS*

I admit I was a little bit concerned (mostly that you were drowning in work which it sounds like was perhaps well-founded owo;) so I'm happy to see you around again ^^

None of the above should be construed as an obligation to show up here more often. Still, I'm still happy to see you.

hmm its time for gene mixing auditions this wednesday

Not knowing what a "gene mixing audition" would be, the first thing my brain came up with was "arranged marriage meeting". Have I been reading too much shoujo manga? owo;; (Having had more than 0.6 seconds to consider it, I assume it's auditions for some gene manipulation lab stuff...? That sounds neat.

On a different note, it really is nice that when I feel like doing absolutely nothing else, I have some internets people who I can talk to (or who want to talk to me)

> w <

Edited by pokari, 24 February 2019 - 09:34 PM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

Find support whenever you can find them. We should be around, as long as the website is up.  

indebtfolife

indebtfolife

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 0 posts

Hello everyone, my name is indebt Im a long time lurker, first time poster (LOL) i look forward to getting to know everyone and contributing to the exciting discussions to come in this great community. I'm in your care

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Welcome to the year 2 A.V. (Anno Vatoto, or I suppose it could be A.B. for "After Batoto" if preferred).

I don't know if it can really rightfully be called a great community anymore (indeed it is now positively diminutive), but personally I think the people that are here are great, nonetheless. Albeit, my judgement is not unbiased in this instance.

Either way, hi~

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

this great community

start entertaining us newbie

Edited by Feishy Pit Boar, 27 February 2019 - 12:13 AM.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

how is this not a bot

and if you're not a bot then let this be a motivation for you to post more 

also, community, tf?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
My attempt to make a vaguely welcoming mood went downhill quickly owo;

Well, I guess that's okay. There's really not much to see here anyway. Just a cozy little burrow for those of us that are still here <3

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
Battle angel alita hype
Gong to watch t tomorrow

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I just realized today I haven't watched almost any anime in nearly a year (due to habit changes indirectly caused by batoto going down).

After watching 3-ish shows a season on average for the past decade, I don't even know what aired the past two seasons. Have I become one of those "I only read manga" people? Owo;;; Wha-- what'll hapeen to my Japanese?!

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

I read the readers digest of a scifi book, like in 10 minutes. It was really cool, so I thought I share. 

Story's about an assassin being hired by the world's elite to kill three people. The assassin visits all three: a hobo, a girl who lives by scavenging in the scrap yard, and an artist. The memory of the girl triggers some memories of the assassin - of a girl who was sold into slavery, and whom he tried to save, but couldn't. He visits the artist, and bought a painting from him. He offers all the money he has, but the artist refused - only two hundred dollars would be enough.

The assassin asks the wealthy billionaires why they feel threatened by these people, for they are the lowest of the low.

The chairman of the committee tells him that that the earth is being invaded by aliens with their spaceship fleet. The aliens have cleared out Australia as a holding pen for every human on the planet in Australia, and the living conditions of humans will be based on that of the poorest human. The money elites decided that their immediate action was to give away their money, freely, to elevate the living standards of the poorest. Except there are some who refuse to take the money - the hobo, the scrapyard girl, and the artist. Do this for the benefit of mankind, they say.

The assassin thought it over, and took care of the hobo. He then visited the girl, and reminded himself that this is not the same girl. Finally, he went to the artist. The artist tells him that he hasn't seen the girl for a while, for the girl would come frequently to watch him paint. The assassin explained to the artist what has to happen. The artist understands, and accepts his fate. Would you take a contract from me he says? He then ask for the assassin to avenge the girl- but I can't pay you I'm afraid. The assassin says - no matter, the painting is enough.

So after taking care of the third target, the assassin realizes someone appearing next to him. Are you the inspector, he says? Yes, the alien replied- I have been watching for some time, in fact. The inspector then tells him the story of his race -and why they have to leave. The truth is, all the aliens on their spaceships are poor. The protection for private property has been so thoroughly perfected in their world with robots and high technology that they have no choice but to leave home and their fortunes elsewhere. They are merely the first wave of migrants - there is in fact, quite a few more spaceships on their way, the few lucky ones that made it through the intergallatic journey. Will we become like you, the assassin asks? The alien inspector replied- I'm not sure, and left.

The assassin went back to report to the billionaire committee, who informed him that it's too late, that inspectors are already here, so they have no more contracts for him. The assassin replied - no, I have one more contract. And he began shooting up the place, until he ran out of shots. One of the few remaining billionaire asks - have you had lunch? And began to boil water. With 100 dollar bills.

The end

Edited by Feishy Pit Boar, 04 March 2019 - 07:39 PM.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
It sounds like I might go crazy reading the actual book (it would obviously be symbolic that the people who are too stubborn to accept charity are boiled down into three people, for instance, if that's really how the story goes) but the foods for thought do seem to be there.

Even without an alien invader force it seems only a matter of time before we're really going to have to face the reality of robot-based job displacement, it seems.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

hey i'm one of those only manga reading types >w<

we actually have some japanese classes going on here, but i was too busy to join, but i have this one otaku friend who now writes stuff like yamete onii chan on desks

i guess its fine but who is gonna get that? my style is more just drawing the cute girls on the tables