Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Batoto will be closing permanently

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2393 replies to this topic

AnimeManga272b

AnimeManga272b

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationNot far from home...
Well, this certainly marks the end of an era for the manga scanlation community. I wonder what the new batoto will be like...

Edited by AnimeManga272b, 17 January 2018 - 10:31 PM.

Jumballi

Jumballi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Guess I'll stop lurking now

samexi

samexi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Thank you for your hard work keeping Batoto going, I wish you the best

Erlich

Erlich

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

As many people before me this will be my first and last post, i really enjoyed reading manga here, there are other sites yes, but this site was special, i will really miss this site i know there's always an end and maybe someone will bring us a new begining but what matters more is to say THANK YOU! Thank you to every one that made batoto, we really enjoyed the experience we will miss you alot! ....

I wish you luck in your future endeavors!

arimareiji

arimareiji

Fingerling Potato

• Donator
  • 61 posts

May your rest be peaceful, Batoto-san*. I beg whatever merciful gods may exist: Don't let Logan Paul come across Batoto-san in the Aokigahara Forest and take video for lolz. ( ; _ ; )

* - For reference, I'm not literally referring to any single living human. I'm only metaphorically referring to the community as a person.

Maybe You can coppy all stuff to Madokami or to some other site?

There are a lot of manga with missing chapters here or some non uploaded manga but at the same time this was the only pace for some other manga chapters that are only here and even manga it self. i have found some other nice gems that can't be found anywhere else.

Please don't just delete all manga, give all that to someone trustworthy.

And at the end take care, You did a good job.

Sorry, but strong indications are that all with the power to do otherwise have decided to take their ball and go home (i.e. nothing will be publicly-available except maybe the forums). Your mileage may vary on how hundreds of scanlators' work became their ball.

(Your mileage may also vary on how keeping forums publicly-available, but not the manga, jibes with the claim that doing it this way is necessary to protect accountholders' personal info.)

tehapoc

tehapoc

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Thank you, Grumpy. Hope you find a more tranquil project in the future. 

Thank you also to the Batoto team in general. For those planning on carrying the torch, I look forward to new projects.

Edited by tehapoc, 17 January 2018 - 11:00 PM.

arimareiji

arimareiji

Fingerling Potato

• Donator
  • 61 posts

Thank you, Grumpy. Hope you find a more tranquil project in the future. 

Thank you also to the Batoto team in general. For those planning on carrying the torch, I look forward to new projects.

I hope that this is indeed the case. The last person I saw offering to help in any fashion got a staffer replying it had been filed in the suggestion box, followed by an image of crumpled paper in a trash can.

hongfung

hongfung

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Dang, this was my favorite reading site. Any chance of having someone else take over the reigns? 

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

how keeping forums publicly-available, but not the manga, jibes with the claim that doing it this way is necessary to protect accountholders' personal info

protecting info = nuking user data (logins, passwords, emails, PMs, etc.). also has ZERO relation to manga, don't make stuff up.

forum posts are something public (like pinning a note on town's notice board or you talking in a bus; and this applies to pretty much every other non-private forum you will find), and at least some users want to keep their posts (or informative posts (or otherwise nostalgic or interesting posts)) alive for longer (and the forum part was always zero burden on the site and lightweight (not counting IPB borking up on having too many forum entries at one point)); can't see how they're part of private data unless someone was dumb enough to post their address or irl name in one of their posts (in which case it's freely available in places like google caches and was crawled by bots aeons ago).

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

arimareiji

arimareiji

Fingerling Potato

• Donator
  • 61 posts

protecting info = nuking user data (logins, passwords, emails, PMs, etc.). also has ZERO relation to manga, don't make stuff up.

That was exactly my point. I'm surprised to get public agreement.

blacky

blacky

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

12 pm here, one more look at batoto before going to sleep – possibly my last look…

you are one of the places I could rest my heart and mind

~thanks for everything~

goodnight & farewell big one

11356426_870988799647361_1172060750_n.jp

Edited by blacky, 17 January 2018 - 11:33 PM.

arimareiji

arimareiji

Fingerling Potato

• Donator
  • 61 posts

12 pm here, one more look at batoto before going to sleep – possibly my last…

you are one of the places I could rest my heart and mind

~thanks for everything~

goodnight & farewell big one

I hope with all my heart "last" was intended to refer to "look".

If not, please call or text (877) 870-HOPE (4673).

Rockets

Rockets

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Thank you for all your hard work over the years. Enjoy your sleep, and maybe we will meet again someday.

zybo

zybo

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Bye :(

Temenigru

Temenigru

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationGermany

Came back from vacation and really sad to hear about that. Thank you, its been pleasant 4 years for me.

blacky

blacky

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

I hope with all my heart "last" was intended to refer to "look".

If not, please call or text (877) 870-HOPE (4673).

thanks - I edited my post, did not realise it sounded so suicidal

-Akari-

-Akari-

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Thanks for all *sigh*

Suwiss

Suwiss

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Like a lot of others this is my first and last post, but this site has been brilliant for all time i've been on it, take care.

arimareiji

arimareiji

Fingerling Potato

• Donator
  • 61 posts

thanks - I edited my post, did not realise it sounded so suicidal

My apologies for my tendency to hyper-worry... I know from experience that being worried about needlessly can be aggravating and stressful. And thank you for checking in to let us know everything's okay. m(_._)m

Suicide has become far too common a cause of grief for everyone involved. Thaaaaanks, sick and twisted society that places zero value on life for its own sake (versus to make someone a profit).

ShineIsLight

ShineIsLight

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Thank you for your work I only been using this site for jojo but thanks to batoto I finish part 5 to 7 !