Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Recommend me a Manga please

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
  • Locationfuttocking away~
Go read Pandora Hearts... learn the meaning of smeciness.

Be prepared for mindf*ckiness :D

Edited by jackvessalius, 19 December 2011 - 06:34 AM.

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts
hmm I have 2 links to the batoto reader for them in my siggy, my fav manga, Record of Fallen Vampire and Kekkaishi. Both are completed and fairly decent IMO. I would recommend Hayate as well but sadly it tends to get bad at the more recent chapters (300+) and the really good stuff (IMO) only really starts at 170 till 250 or so.

- Fighting Manga's where the lead gets superpowered after delivering some speech about how important friendship is and why he will now proceed to kick the opponents ass.
- Mangas where we hardly get any introduction to the characters before we're thrown into a chaotic scene which makes the reader lose track of who and what the character are. There's not a lot of these around, i've seen some of them, but i cant remember the names as i usually just close the tab.

For Record of Fallen Vampire: You do get into a fight scene pretty early on but there's a fair bit of intro and things get explained as the story goes on. and main character has ALWAYS been overpowering everyone since the beginning so...I think that should be fine.
For Kekkaishi: doesn't get chaotic scenes IMO, but there might be a bit of 'main character getting superpowered' every now and then. the superpowered portion isn't really too unbelievable however.
Posted Image
Favorite Manga: Record of Fallen Vampire, Hayate the Combat Butler, Kekkaishi
Main reason: Akabara Strauss and plot/story flow, Tennousu Athena arc/Katsura Hinagiku, Kidoin Nura and story flow

Seth

Seth

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationDenmark
!!!! Kekkaishi is finally finished?

i followed that comic for some time, then forgot about it, will def read up on it now, thanks :D

Edited by Seth, 20 December 2011 - 08:17 PM.

Seth

Seth

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationDenmark

hah, that actually happens a lot... ok I'm not sure about starting in huge fights but I haven't really seen any manga/manwha where they actually do that, but in medias res happens a lot in books as well

But its basic storytelling, you start up slowly, a boy lives on a farm, then the point of no return, his mother gets killed, then he griefes and you have a fall in the excitement, then it slowly builds up for the final confrontation, he ages, get some fighting skills, amasses an army against the enemy emperor, then there's the final peak of excitement where the boy(now man), kills the emperor who was the cause of his mothers death, then you have the fading out, cleaning everything up, telling the audience that he will live forever after etc etc.

/rant

Aash666

Aash666

Potato

• Contributor
  • 123 posts
  • LocationOMFG idk .
if you do like action and some good mystery behind it - try PING
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=30960

thou its genre is ecchi* it is not really based on adult stuffs and no dirty things in it. (trust me i dislike ecchi)

okay if nice mystery with some romance and drama type shoujo manga - arisa
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=35505

okay a genderbender which is HELL interesting ! action - hana no kishi
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=51024

okay yes if you like loli type cute but mature art manga its was awsum i love it :3 - hana to akuma (the ending made me cry my eyes out)
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=14785

okay if you want tragedy type with romance - koizora (i especially like it cause its BASED on a true story)
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=13229

these are specific ones i can give you a whole lot of list filled with shoujo comi :P
if you like manhwas please let me know ! but i will still recommend some :3

Model - awsum !
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=4867

blue bird -

your so cool - you will love it !
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=1198

bride of the water god !

etc............... thank you i hope you enjoy it ^^

Posted Image

~eyes burning with hope yet feels empty~

~Aash~

Seth

Seth

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationDenmark
Thanks aash :), i'll look into it, even though most of them fall outside my usual reading habits.

Edited by Seth, 28 December 2011 - 07:28 PM.

Aash666

Aash666

Potato

• Contributor
  • 123 posts
  • LocationOMFG idk .

Thanks aash :), i'll look into it, even though most of them fall outside my usual reading habits.

dear my girls

bring it on

hana no kishi

hana to akuma

goong

remmie no arcana (i think the spelling is wrong google it )

desire climax

l-dk

b.o.d.y

100% perfect girl (though i did not like it much)

Aoi Kiseki

arcana

model (loved it )

blue bird

love monster

beast master

black bird

black god (dint read yet)

s.p.y come to the water paradise (good one )

Camelot Garden (hold a tissue in your hand its one shot though)

mishounen produce

mei-chan no shitsugi (same art as love monster but i dont like the story much )

akatsuki no yona

ayakashi koi emaki

cherries fight

himekei doll

love share

hadashi da bara wo fume

vampire master (if you want loads of vampire or demon manga as me i love these stuffsPosted Image)

zenbu chodai.

have fun~

Edited by aash666, 29 December 2011 - 11:08 AM.

Posted Image

~Aash~

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts
^ I think the reason being most of them are shoujo
Posted Image
Favorite Manga: Record of Fallen Vampire, Hayate the Combat Butler, Kekkaishi
Main reason: Akabara Strauss and plot/story flow, Tennousu Athena arc/Katsura Hinagiku, Kidoin Nura and story flow

Aash666

Aash666

Potato

• Contributor
  • 123 posts
  • LocationOMFG idk .

AH yes all are shoujo XD

Posted Image

~Aash~

Aguirre

Aguirre

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 99 posts

Historie

Posted Image

Historie takes place in ancient Greece and follows the life and childhood of Eumenes, who historically was the secretary and general to Alexander the Great. Historie includes characters such as Aristotle and King Philip II of Macedon and begins around 343 BC, which was a time of Macedonian expansion.

Berserk

Posted Image

Guts, known as the Black Swordsman, seeks sanctuary from the demonic forces that pursue him and his woman, and also vengeance against the man who branded him as an unholy sacrifice. Aided only by his titanic strength, skill, and sword, Guts must struggle against his bleak destiny, all the while fighting with a rage that might strip him of his humanity. Berserk is a dark and brooding story of outrageous swordplay and ominous fate, in the theme of Shakespeare's Macbeth.

Sanctuary

Posted Image

Akira Hojo and Chiaki Asami are childhood friends who have experienced hell and lived to tell about it. They arrive in Japan to attend school, and soon witness the corruption and apathy of the country's population. Enraged, Akira and Asami vow to create a new Japan; a sanctuary with a new form of politics, devoid of corruption, where people are empowered to participate in the politics and future of their country. To accomplish this, Hojo and Asami aim to conquer Japan through two dramatically different routes: the Japanese Diet and the Yazuka. Decided by a game of rock-paper-scissors, Hojo ventures to seize control of the underworld while Asami pursues the position of Prime Minister.

Jiraishin

Posted Image

Kyoya Ida is a hard-nosed detective from the Shinjuku Police precient. He is known in the force as an unreasonable type who would use lethal force to solve cases, making him unpopular with the enlisted and high-ranking officers in the National Police Agency. Despite this fact, there are some in the force that admire Ida for his bravery and cleverness in using lethal force to solve criminal cases whenever legal means are met in a dead end.

Edited by Aguirre, 29 December 2011 - 05:45 PM.

Seth

Seth

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Indeed, Shoujo isnt really my cup of tea, im of the wrong gender and age :)

WoW Aguirre, you put a load of effort into that post, thanks :)

Edited by Seth, 29 December 2011 - 07:02 PM.

Aash666

Aash666

Potato

• Contributor
  • 123 posts
  • LocationOMFG idk .

Indeed, Shoujo isnt really my cup of tea, im of the wrong gender and age :)

WoW Aguirre, you put a load of effort into that post, thanks :)

:( sorry i like love shoujo ! but did try ! sorry again :( (could not help)

Posted Image

~Aash~

kikaxi

kikaxi

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts

try reading Trace: http://www.batoto.ne...mics/trace-r112

maybe Change 123: http://www.batoto.ne...change-123-r287

could it be Suzuka?

it is suzuka i love that story one of the first love manga i read

by the way try psyren http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/psyren-r8

xxxholic http://www.goodmanga.net/614/xxxholic

and 1/2 prince http://www.goodmanga.net/2/12_prince

these are pretty good ;)
Posted Image

Spoiler

strixflash

strixflash

Potato

• Contributor
  • 198 posts
Try Noblesse http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/noblesse-r11 (provided you can cop up with starting chapters). It is the master piece. Though its starting is not good but after first 20-30 chapters it becomes the best.
It is no.1 series on MangaUpdates in terms of rating. It is a webcomic though.
Definateley give it a try and pls. dont judge it on first 20-30 chapters(which are also short and less attractive).

Noblesse Forever!

Spoiler

Seth

Seth

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationDenmark
Heh, now i've read up to the latest chapter of Noblesse, and you are right, it does get better as it goes, for me it was around 90 or so :)

Edit:

Kikaxi, i've have already read those three, but forgot to mention them, thanks though :)

Edited by Seth, 16 January 2012 - 07:22 PM.

Yuuza

Yuuza

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
Hello there!

Saw this post and didn't really want to create a new topic such as the theme of this topic is exactly what I'm looking for. I need new mangas to read whilst waiting for others every week. Preferably something that is current within the past five years would be great. Dating back ten years is pushing it but would also work for me. Must have a great story-line that doesn't falter or steer from its original premise. Please don't suggest anything about romance, sports (unless it deals with martial arts), nothing about cooking.

Here are a few mangas/manwhas that I've read and thoroughly enjoyed to give you an idea of what I'm looking for:

Death Note
Naruto
Bleach
Kurogane
Gamaran
Claymore
Dr. Frost
The Breaker (sadly unobtainable now)
Gekiryuuchi
The Klan

You get the idea. Something along those lines or even something different as long as its a good story that doesn't evolve around someone or something power-level up or deeply falling in love with someone. Something relatively real but yet fabricated enough to understand that it is its own story. All suggestions are much appreciated!

GodOfAll

GodOfAll

Potato

• Members
  • 139 posts
... I wonder how naruto and bleach got in... "as long as its a good story that doesn't evolve around someone or something power-leveling" wtf. How did One Piece fail to enter?
I am god.

Yuuza

Yuuza

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
They're not necessarily "powering up" but rather they're "learning." I know, slight differences but I just don't want it to be something like someone going super saiyan for a SSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR long time. And I don't like One Piece. I prefer something a bit more mature.

Astrid

Astrid

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationGakuen Toshi
well since you seem to like shonen, here are my recs:

- History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi - one of the best fighting manga i've read / anime i've seen. the fight scenes kick ass. a lot. it's also pretty hilarious.
- Nurarihyon no Mago - the plot is great. the art is also great. it's a great series, although it's a bit high strung at times.
- Toaru Majutsu no Index - the universe of this series is very interesting. the manga isn't that far into the series though, i suggest you watch the anime or read the light novels.

ao_no_exorcist_by_hagane_girl-d4i0f9t.pn

Yuuza

Yuuza

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
Thanks for your suggestions! I'll definitely look into them.