Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Tower of God season 2 translated discussions

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

gus

gus

Couch Potato

• tC Donator
  • 2,335 posts

The chapter was so great I even remembered my account password.

And Baam's old man kinda seems like a douche. Instead of going through all of that with her and helping, he just kills himself. And says just forget about your murdered child and dead husband and be happy. Seems fishy.

if you remember back when Boro was suffering with amnesia during the train city arc

about who the slayer name was

yet later we found out boro knew hoaqin and his name

that how i view the story told by Garam

part were the story doesn't make sense

it were i start  to question the story

like  Zahard kill baby v

v suicide

SIU could also pull another retcon and change some event with the story down the road

Edited by gus, 07 April 2017 - 11:21 PM.

m5siUe7.jpg?1

Date Palm

Date Palm

Potato

• Members
  • 159 posts

Easy to miss with all the shit hitting the fan nearby, but it seems Rachel and Yura have been sharing a bed.

I've seen enough idol animes to know what this development means.  You go, girl!

ROLJQsy.png

Couch Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 3,043 posts

​You've got it wrong. First, Rachel was just let out of the suitcase. They haven't spent a night over there yet. Second, there seem to be only two beds in the room, so they may be sharing in pairs: Rachel/Yura and Wagnan/Miseng (you can see them a couple of panels earlier).

The opinions expressed by this user are solely their own and do not express the views of Batoto and its staff.

Couch Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 3,043 posts

​Interesting bits from the new chapter:

• The survivors of the Floor of Death started ageing after Enryu killed the Guardian.
  • The South and North city rulers are both High Rankers, which kind of puts into perspective Hell Joe's abilities. Grand de Lee (the North City successor) is probably about the same level too.​

The opinions expressed by this user are solely their own and do not express the views of Batoto and its staff.

Corpse

Corpse

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 327 posts

​Interesting bits from the new chapter:

• The survivors of the Floor of Death started ageing after Enryu killed the Guardian.
  • The South and North city rulers are both High Rankers, which kind of puts into perspective Hell Joe's abilities. Grand de Lee (the North City successor) is probably about the same level too.​

Hell Joe seems like a serious target. High ranker test is a good plot too. if done right i mean.

About defying fate with the guides. What was that supposed to mean?

img000028.jpg

Ja Wangnan

Couch Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 3,043 posts

It's certainly weird but I cannot make much out of it at this point. For one, Guides seem to lose their power in the absence of Shinsu, but then again this particular Guide should have seen her death way before coming to the Floor of Death. Maybe the ``fate'' that Guides foresee is just like any other contract, meaning that people not bound to Shinsu/Contracts are not concerned with ``fate'' and are free to change not only theirs but that of others too. Which is pretty much what Irregulars do. So Hell Joe is like a pseudo-Irregular.

Another way to look at it may be that what's tied to ``fate'' is the soul of a person. So Hell Joe (and the other residents of the Floor of Death) are outside the domain of ``fate'' while they remain soulless.

Corpse

Corpse

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 327 posts

How many people are following the leaked chapters?

Translated chaps only has 86 replies while leaked chaps has 10000 at the moment.

I think only a handful few remained not touching the leaked chapters and since people read leaked chaps, tranlated chaps loses their hype :(

img000028.jpg

Ja Wangnan

naphack

naphack

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,120 posts
  • LocationIn the Black Forest, Germany

I think, you got it backward. It's not about the amount of people who read the leaks, it's about how active those people are.

This was already a thing back when ToG was still translated on this site. The people most interested in the story and discussions about the tower were also the ones reading the raws, which meant that the raws thread was always the most active thread of the forum. Now that ToG is officially released on LINE, the hard core crew stuck around while everyone else left, so the only people still active in this forum are those who are predisposed to read the leaks anyway.

It used to be that there was a few days between the release of the raws and the release of the translated chapter, so there was a couple of days where all the discussion was in the raw discussion and then fresh discussions started in the translation thread while people carried on their old discussions in the raw thread, so both threads were kind of active. However, with the new system in place, where there is a multi-week delay between the leaks and the translated release, all the discussions about the chapter have been had by the time of the official release.

US RANDOM LEECHERS HAVE NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN!

You don't scanlate, you don't complain, as simple as that.

Corpse

Corpse

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 327 posts

I think, you got it backward. It's not about the amount of people who read the leaks, it's about how active those people are.

This was already a thing back when ToG was still translated on this site. The people most interested in the story and discussions about the tower were also the ones reading the raws, which meant that the raws thread was always the most active thread of the forum. Now that ToG is officially released on LINE, the hard core crew stuck around while everyone else left, so the only people still active in this forum are those who are predisposed to read the leaks anyway.

It used to be that there was a few days between the release of the raws and the release of the translated chapter, so there was a couple of days where all the discussion was in the raw discussion and then fresh discussions started in the translation thread while people carried on their old discussions in the raw thread, so both threads were kind of active. However, with the new system in place, where there is a multi-week delay between the leaks and the translated release, all the discussions about the chapter have been had by the time of the official release.

I remember those days... But even then, i tried to stay away from raws to get the full pleasure at once.

But you are right. With how much delay is between raws and translated, it isn't that unexpected. :(

Edited by Corpse, 03 April 2017 - 06:57 AM.

img000028.jpg

Ja Wangnan

Quickjager

Quickjager

Potato

• Members
  • 164 posts

Hell I used to post in those days... been a long time since then. Its such a clusterfuck navigating the leaks thread I make do with the subreddit when I want to see a chain of thoughts that approaches coherency.

Rant

Rant

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationHidden Floor

It's certainly weird but I cannot make much out of it at this point. For one, Guides seem to lose their power in the absence of Shinsu, but then again this particular Guide should have seen her death way before coming to the Floor of Death. Maybe the ``fate'' that Guides foresee is just like any other contract, meaning that people not bound to Shinsu/Contracts are not concerned with ``fate'' and are free to change not only theirs but that of others too. Which is pretty much what Irregulars do. So Hell Joe is like a pseudo-Irregular.

Another way to look at it may be that what's tied to ``fate'' is the soul of a person. So Hell Joe (and the other residents of the Floor of Death) are outside the domain of ``fate'' while they remain soulless.

I aprove this.

I have alwavs found that Angels have the vanity to speak of themselves as the Only Wise. This they do with a confident insolence sprouting from systematic reasoning.
W.B

Corpse

Corpse

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 327 posts

Isn't Hoaquin being stupid by being obsessed with some regular.

Hoaquin: I will gain back my ultimate form to defeat this kid! *Victory Pose*

Karaka: ...

Hoaquin: What?

Karaka: Who the fuck chosed this retard as a slayer candidate?

Since GoL isn't around, this have to do for now...

img000028.jpg

Ja Wangnan

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

Isn't Hoaquin being stupid by being obsessed with some regular.

Hoaquin: I will gain back my ultimate form to defeat this kid! *Victory Pose*

Karaka: ...

Hoaquin: What?

Karaka: Who the fuck chosed this retard as a slayer candidate?

Since GoL isn't around, this have to do for now...

Well, that kid defeated and shamed him so it's not surprising that he wants revenge. Also, back when we first saw Hoaqin it seems like Daniel and Rachel had told him that FUG appointed Viole to take HIS Slayer's seat.

Corpse

Corpse

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 327 posts

Well, that kid defeated and shamed him so it's not surprising that he wants revenge. Also, back when we first saw Hoaqin it seems like Daniel and Rachel had told him that FUG appointed Viole to take HIS Slayer's seat.

Possibly a plausible explanation.

But i don't like it when in comics, old people act like retards out of nowhere... I mean Hoaquin has lived for god knows how long. Is a random kid that important, no matter what he does?

img000028.jpg

Ja Wangnan

Baked Gnome

Baked Gnome

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 384 posts

I feel ya dude. The guy should act a little bit more dignified to say the least. 

md0505

md0505

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 765 posts

I feel ya dude. The guy should act a little bit more dignified to say the least. 

Naa, imagine you were an all powerfull 'God' and some kid got in your way of regaining your original 'God' power ... I can see why he's pissed beyond pissed.

Well, at the very least Karaka seems to be out of the picture. Dunno how things are gonna unfold with Yuri and/or Joe vs Baam, at the very least Baam's biggest headache seems to have tucked tail and ran.

oh btw, Rachel seems kinda more unstable than she usually is. 

It seems more and more likely that Baam's gonna end up with the 2nd piece of the Thorn,

Rachel seems kinda bummed that she seems t have lost her life long stalker (Baam).  Are we gonna see Rachel go completely bonkers at the end of this arch?

Another thing I don't really get, they (Baam and Rachel) both got the 'test' of defeating Joe and liberating deza or desa whatever his name is. But they are in the same team right?!?! So, how is it gonna be jugded who completed the task?

naikon-_-

naikon-_-

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts

oops

Edited by naikon-_-, 09 April 2017 - 02:40 PM.

ozman

ozman

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 27 posts

ı think yuri says 'bam' on the page,

urek is in a hurry,

hell joe is pissed...

Zarath0s

Zarath0s

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

chapter 248 : http://pigbooks.net/bbs/board.php?bo_table=n_web1&wr_id=553

herp

herp

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 54 posts

Why did you post that in the "translated" thread?

Posted Image