Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[OOCD] Rise of the Goblin Nation

re:monster ooc discussions role-play mature

• Please log in to reply
879 replies to this topic

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSint Maarten, Kingdom of the Netherlands

How can I join?

Just submit a character sheet of your goblin here, and after I look it over you can join.

I thought we were skipping day 2 lol so we are going day by day?
I like the decision

We can better shape our rankups.

My question now is will everything go day by day or will thinks pick up after day 4

Not skipping, just cutting down on the back and forth to make things more streamlined. For example: if you guys go hunting, I'll let you know what your going to face and you can make your post using that information. Encounters will come back for the important moments, like new monsters or boss battles, but horned rabbits are easy stuff now.

“It's all about Power."
"Grabbing it. Keeping it. Using It."
"Power is our currency, our DNA... Our God.”
"We control the World."
"We provide the blueprint. And we give the Instructions."

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
So we going day by day then
Spoiler

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
There will be timeskips between chapters. That's as far as I know right now.

“It's all about Power."
"We control the World."

Malevolent Reverie

Malevolent Reverie

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationDelhi, India

There will be timeskips between chapters. That's as far as I know right now.

@Naifu: I'll probably let Dar explore out by herself & hope a smart gob shows up whom she can follow.

Thanks for the update, but I think that there is some error in the inventory.

Dar is carrying much less than what you noted. Or is the Fey Wolverine Femur, the weapon that Mocharr promised her. She deposited the skins & the bones with Mocharr for which she got 50 gold.

She only has the Animal Horn, throwing stones x 2, Stone chip that Brix made her, Embereyes, Rabbit Belt, Flowers & fragrant Leaves imo.

She'll be collecting her new weapon from Mocharr.

Atleast that's how I understood my earlier update.

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts

No, you're right. I didn't update the item list for Dar because I haven't actually written the post yet. So in my mind, Dar still has all of her items. Only once Mocharr gives her the weapons and armor will the list get updated. The same goes for everyone else.

“It's all about Power."
"We control the World."

Malevolent Reverie

Malevolent Reverie

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationDelhi, India

No, you're right. I didn't update the item list for Dar because I haven't actually written the post yet. So in my mind, Dar still has all of her items. Only once Mocharr gives her the weapons and armor will the list get updated. The same goes for everyone else.

Okay thank you. Will post soon.

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
Okay, just asking.
Spoiler

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationRiding the back of the Great A'tuin.

@Illumi: So how does the Second Section of the stats chart thing work? The bit that starts with Skill Bonuses (100). It has confused me.

Edited by Unbelievably Majestic, 19 January 2017 - 12:17 PM.

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts

Basically once a skill reaches 100, you get a small bonus and the skill goes up a rank. The little 'X' just shows you what type of bonus it will be. So a blacksmith with get a blessing and a damage increase, whereas a butcher will unlock the ability to 'crit' on each attack.

Looks like I forgot to add everyone's new stats, so I'll just put that here for now: You all started with 3 Health and 1 Damage, so your new stats will be 4 Health and 2 Damage. That doesn't include the stats you'll get from your new weapons.

“It's all about Power."
"We control the World."

Malevolent Reverie

Malevolent Reverie

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationDelhi, India

Have posted.

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Basically once a skill reaches 100, you get a small bonus and the skill goes up a rank. The little 'X' just shows you what type of bonus it will be. So a blacksmith with get a blessing and a damage increase, whereas a butcher will unlock the ability to 'crit' on each attack.

Looks like I forgot to add everyone's new stats, so I'll just put that here for now: You all started with 3 Health and 1 Damage, so your new stats will be 4 Health and 2 Damage. That doesn't include the stats you'll get from your new weapons.

Alright, sweet.

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Just curious, but can you sell materials/resources to the blacksmith for cash? Thought I'd ask since some mmorpgs allow you to sell to a blacksmith if only for a limited amount of coin and wanted to know if the same was true here. Also, how exactly would they find new places to live? Are there listed areas/places they are able to live in/buy? OR is that all just flavor text?

Edited by I-Am-X, 19 January 2017 - 03:53 PM.

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts

You can sell to the blacksmith but I can tell you now that she's not going to buy anything for 1000 gold. The most you'll get is 600 gps.

As to where you can live, that's up to you. Everything is still open, so you can make-up your own areas and add neighbors.

“It's all about Power."
"We control the World."

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted.

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

You can sell to the blacksmith but I can tell you now that she's not going to buy anything for 1000 gold. The most you'll get is 600 gps.

Well thats obv, Rend was just being a pain in the ass and see how 'honest' his offer was. Not like she planned on selling the skin anyways, so basically, just for kicks. lol

Just wanted to know if Rend was able hunt for materials or resources for weapons and such and sell it to the blacksmith whenever she finds something. is the 600 the max for a specific item or the limit to what you can possibly sell items for per visit?

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts

Just wanted to know if Rend was able hunt for materials or resources for weapons and such and sell it to the blacksmith whenever she finds something.

Yes. She can also become an apprentice and learn how to craft the items herself, and then just sell what she doesn't need.

is the 600 the max for a specific item or the limit to what you can possibly sell items for per visit?

500 gps is the reward for surviving the first few days. I'll make a list of what everything is worth later. Rend will get an extra 100 gps if she sells the skin. She can also have it made into armor and weapons.

The NPCs have unlimited gold, so that's not a problem. Instead, the limit will come in the form of how many items you're allowed to find every day.

“It's all about Power."
"We control the World."

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Yes. She can also become an apprentice and learn how to craft the items herself, and then just sell what she doesn't need.

500 gps is the reward for surviving the first few days. I'll make a list of what everything is worth later. Rend will get an extra 100 gps if she sells the skin. She can also have it made into armor and weapons.

The NPCs have unlimited gold, so that's not a problem. Instead, the limit will come in the form of how many items you're allowed to find every day.

Becoming an apprentice and learn some crafting? Me likely

Moneeyyyyyyyyyy. Hmm, since I can just skin and wear other skins, Armor and weapons it is.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

So.. Since Lark killed an adult gob on day 1, does that mean she can technically claim his place as hers? :P

Also, I need to visit the blacksmith to trade stuffs and get some gears for the team, I guess

I asked this the other day but I will reconfirm it here: Can Lark leave Biggs with the blacksmith as a helper/apprentice as the others go on a hunt?

Of course, I will ration him myself, so as not to burden the NPC :3

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Also, I need to visit the blacksmith to trade stuffs and get some gears for the team, I guess

Since Rend will also be going to the blacksmith, this is where our unholy alliance begins!

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts

So.. Since Lark killed an adult gob on day 1, does that mean she can technically claim his place as hers? :P

Yes, the place is now up for rent/sale. Lark could also try to claim it but that would mean publicly admitting to murder, which opens her up to retaliation.

I asked this the other day but I will reconfirm it here: Can Lark leave Biggs with the blacksmith as a helper/apprentice as the others go on a hunt?
Of course, I will ration him myself, so as not to burden the NPC :3

I don't think I saw that before, but I don't really see a problem with it. So go for it.

“It's all about Power."
"We control the World."