Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[Spoilers until midnight EST] Tower of God Season 2 Chapter 202

tower of god tog tog chapter 202 tog season2 chapter 202 tog s2 ch202 mantaray youre fired Exams are killing my mind

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

Man dude, weren't you a fellow Androssi fan? How did you even noticed Baam's shirt when you knew dat panel, was coming...Baam could've been wearing a leotard and I still wouldn't have noticed. =/

Pretty easily, since I was scanning the chapter in order and saw Baam's shirt first. As for Androssi, I'm hoping SIU actually does something with the pairing this time. The fact that he went out of the way to keep (only) Yihwa around for noncommittal harem shenanigans doesn't fill me with much hope, though.

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

That shirt's pretty ugly though, to be honest. If he picked it out for himself, maybe he should have just let Jinsung keep at it.

True, Jinsung's taste is just amazing. 

d009.jpg

Vitala

Vitala

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 290 posts
I think it's the time to verify if siu will really take the harem road for his manhwa, if he adds the twin princess of the bia family in bam harem i think that will be the end of my hope for this strory.

Edited by Vitala, 13 June 2016 - 05:55 PM.

Scaze

Scaze

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 772 posts

Pretty easily, since I was scanning the chapter in order and saw Baam's shirt first. As for Androssi, I'm hoping SIU actually does something with the pairing this time. The fact that he went out of the way to keep (only) Yihwa around for noncommittal harem shenanigans doesn't fill me with much hope, though.

Well, Shinsoo is akin to water, hence everything within the tower is technically submerged in an equivalent of water. Therefore, if we ascribe to the theory that ToG is an anagram of GoT, that SIU is a massive GoT fan, had initially planned for ToG to be a webtoon version of GoT in terms of killings and intrigue - but shirked out of it after seeing how attached people were to the season 1 cast and coming to the realisation that he could not G.R.R Martin them; then, by that train of thought the pairing has the blessings of the drowned god, what is dead may never die, what is drowned may never die, and thus SS Androssi is actually full steam ahead.

ALL ABOARD SS ANDROSSI. Shoop Da woop~

Edited by Scaze, 13 June 2016 - 07:26 PM.

Fairy King Harlequin

Fairy King Harlequin

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,170 posts

Anyway back to things that actually matter and exist.

1.) Wangnan is going after Cassano.  I thought he would be dead by now, I'm glad he matters again.

2.) Yuri wants Baam to obtain Kaiser's name.  I wonder if Yuri know that the Great Families send people they don't like after Kaiser?

3.) Rachel is looking for a second thorn.  How many thorns does Enryu have?

4.) Chang disappeared and will reappear down the line somewhere.  Wonder which side he'll be on this time?

5.) Will Yuri actually go after YHS or Karaka will interfere first?  Either way Evanhell(however you say it) might finally be back.

6.) Finally new Zahard princesses to compete with, glad it's not just Androssi/Steve that's currently climbing the tower.

Scaze

Scaze

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 772 posts

1.) Wangnan is going after Cassano.  I thought he would be dead by now, I'm glad he matters again.

2.) Yuri wants Baam to obtain Kaiser's name.  I wonder if Yuri know that the Great Families send people they don't like after Kaiser?

4.) Chang disappeared and will reappear down the line somewhere.  Wonder which side he'll be on this time?

5.) Will Yuri actually go after YHS or Karaka will interfere first?  Either way Evanhell(however you say it) might finally be back.

6.) Finally new Zahard princesses to compete with, glad it's not just Androssi/Steve that's currently climbing the tower.

It's Evan who suggested it, Evan hasn't always been particularly supportive of Yuri and Baam's relationship, so it's plausible that he's set this up with the intention of Baam losing This would prevent Yuri from encountering any danger that may result from her following Baam to the floor of death. Yuri isn't the type to think about things, even if she knows what Kaiser is about, chances are she'll go with it anyways believing in Baam. Evan on the other hand probably suggested this with the intention of keeping Baam at the namehunt station, at least for a bit.

I'm not glad, I don't see how the whole Wangang escapade ends with them becoming anything more than hostages, and I'd really rather not see any of that anymore. If Baam takes on Hoaqin again I want it to be because he personally wants to do so, not because he's baited into some FuG game by hostages. All in all, I'd love it if Wangnang and the rest of TSY died on the train, that'd be a nice change.

It's Evan who suggested it, Evan hasn't always been particularly supportive of Yuri and Baam's relationship, so it's plausible that he's set this up with the intention of Baam losing This would prevent Yuri from encountering any danger that may result from her following Baam to the floor of death. Yuri isn't the type to think about things, even if she knows what Kaiser is about, chances are she'll go with it anyways believing in Baam. Evan on the other hand probably suggested this with the intention of keeping Baam at the namehunt station, at least for a bit.

I'm not glad, I don't see how the whole Wangang escapade ends with them becoming anything more than hostages, and I'd really rather not see any of that anymore. If Baam takes on Hoaqin again I want it to be because he personally wants to do so, not because he's baited into some FuG game by hostages. All in all, I'd love it if Wangnang and the rest of TSY died on the train, that'd be a nice change.

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

I can't imagine that either of them watched Baam defeat Hoaqin and then honestly convinced themselves that he would lose to Kaiser. It seems a little ridiculous that they feel the need to test him at all, considering that they've already seen him go 1v1 with an opponent far superior to anything this station has to offer and win. It's just a transparent setup for Baam to practice the newfound desire to do more with his power than simply protect his friends.

Edited by Lester, 14 June 2016 - 12:43 AM.

Fairy King Harlequin

Fairy King Harlequin

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,170 posts

I never seen Baam fought an opponent of relevance 1v1. Also we need to include that Haoqin was still a shadow of his former self and Baam was given a temporary power by the clone.  Maybe she's judging them by teamwork since that's the only thing they got going.

Well who would support their relationship, she's hanging around an irregular slash fug slayer candidate.  Sadly Yuri not thinking things through, but using brute force will probably keep her out the high rankings.  We already have Androssi falling into the twin's plan by fighting Kaiser, hopefully the princesses will start using their brain over brawn.

Edited by Fairy King Harlequin, 14 June 2016 - 01:25 AM.

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

I never seen Baam fought an opponent of relevance 1v1. Also we need to include that Haoqin was still a shadow of his former self and Baam was given a temporary power by the clone.  Maybe she's judging them by teamwork since that's the only thing they got going.

There was nothing temporary about that soul powerup. Baam completely devoured them into his own big ball of power, as he does with every other external power he comes into contact with. We saw it happening inside the Rice Pot. As far as 1v1 goes, I don't recall seeing anyone else striking a single blow against Hoaqin in that final matchup. That's enough to qualify in my books. And while Hoaqin is indeed a shell of what he once was as Slayer White, that shell is likely still more powerful than Kaiser.

Fairy King Harlequin

Fairy King Harlequin

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,170 posts

There was nothing temporary about that soul powerup. Baam completely devoured them into his own big ball of power, as he does with every other external power he comes into contact with. We saw it happening inside the Rice Pot. As far as 1v1 goes, I don't recall seeing anyone else striking a single blow against Hoaqin in that final matchup. That's enough to qualify in my books. And while Hoaqin is indeed a shell of what he once was as Slayer White, that shell is likely still more powerful than Kaiser.

We will see in due time about Kaiser's power.  I doubt the Great Families would place a dud to take care of the people they dislike.  Kaiser has been manning that position over a thousand years, but how SIU hype things up....  It will be a complete let down.

Edited by Fairy King Harlequin, 14 June 2016 - 02:05 AM.

gus

gus

Couch Potato

• tC Donator
  • 2,335 posts

I'm only waiting for the moment Kaiser announce "let the finale match begin"

m5siUe7.jpg?1

Jakken

Jakken

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 76 posts

Meh, next chapter we will see Baam All Myghty doing TIME TRIAL aggainst the Ten Bosses, the Kaiser and his chicks, and everyone else in that doomed station.

But, in meanwhile....

tmLI0uJ.png

Waiting for SIU "George R.R. Martin" Mode.

It could starts the "Wangnam's descent to the dark side of shinsoo" or whatever that everyone is waiting for...

Edited by Jakken, 14 June 2016 - 03:40 AM.

mezu

mezu

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 91 posts

Great chapter.  It seems ToG is getting a little more interesting... perhaps we will relive the excitement of 2F?

Wangnan going off with a separate team to save Horyang is going to make for an interesting confrontation.  I think we will see SIU kill off a semi-important character (as opposed to our avian friend for example): Quaettro.  Wangnan wants to take Cassano and jump off the train before a teammate dies... but I think this plan will go awry.  Someone from his team will die.  I think it's unlikely that the original team members will die, which is why I propose Quaettro will... although Hoaquin's clone could be considered a teammate as well, I think it would add more credibility to SIU's story for the alternative.

B​ut Quaettro ran off with Chang... I think that the reason Chang and Quaettro ran off is because they are part of the plan that Wangnan already has.  Both of them are not necessarily teammates of Baam's (as Change alluded to in the confrontation with Jinsung), but I believe they are teammates of Wangnan; in particular, Quaettro seems to have taken a liking to Wangnan.  Since they are so mysterious, it is equally possible that they could be FUG (or side with FUG), go their own way, or go along with Wangnan and co.  However, I think it would be an interesting twist to see them get involved in the battle with Hoaquin on the Train.  This is very exciting!

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

Great chapter.  It seems ToG is getting a little more interesting... perhaps we will relive the excitement of 2F?

Wangnan going off with a separate team to save Horyang is going to make for an interesting confrontation.  I think we will see SIU kill off a semi-important character (as opposed to our avian friend for example): Quaettro.  Wangnan wants to take Cassano and jump off the train before a teammate dies... but I think this plan will go awry.  Someone from his team will die.  I think it's unlikely that the original team members will die, which is why I propose Quaettro will... although Hoaquin's clone could be considered a teammate as well, I think it would add more credibility to SIU's story for the alternative.

B​ut Quaettro ran off with Chang... I think that the reason Chang and Quaettro ran off is because they are part of the plan that Wangnan already has.  Both of them are not necessarily teammates of Baam's (as Change alluded to in the confrontation with Jinsung), but I believe they are teammates of Wangnan; in particular, Quaettro seems to have taken a liking to Wangnan.  Since they are so mysterious, it is equally possible that they could be FUG (or side with FUG), go their own way, or go along with Wangnan and co.  However, I think it would be an interesting twist to see them get involved in the battle with Hoaquin on the Train.  This is very exciting!

You crossposted this into the correct thread, so I guess I should do the same with the reply.

I think it's going to be a lot worse than just Quaetro. Akraptor, Miseng, Prince, and also Buelsar and Raguel if they wake up and have a part in this showdown (on either side) will all get MDK'ed by Hoaqin. Why? Because those five were the hostages who Baam risked everything to rescue in the Go to Hell game. No more potent 'fuck you' to Baam than for Hoaqin to gleefully butcher all of them and rub it in his face in a later encounter. This will also be the moment that finally breaks Wangnan, and I think Rachel will try to pick up the pieces and poison him against Baam somehow.

Really, SIU sending Yihwa away from Team Tangsooyook made this a very likely play. Wangnan of course has his own plot armor, but Yihwa (because of her Yeon blood) is likely the only one of the remaining members of that team who SIU has longer-term designs for.

I can imagine Hoaqin just leaving their corpses strung up at one of the checkpoints that the protagonist crew has to cross to continue through the train, with a message for Baam about how he is powerless before the law of the Tower.

Edited by Lester, 14 June 2016 - 05:37 AM.

mezu

mezu

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 91 posts

You crossposted this into the correct thread, so I guess I should do the same with the reply.

I think it's going to be a lot worse than just Quaetro. Akraptor, Miseng, Prince, and also Buelsar and Raguel if they wake up and have a part in this showdown (on either side) will all get MDK'ed by Hoaqin. Why? Because those five were the hostages who Baam risked everything to rescue in the Go to Hell game. No more potent 'fuck you' to Baam than for Hoaqin to gleefully butcher all of them and rub it in his face in a later encounter. This will also be the moment that finally breaks Wangnan, and I think Rachel will try to pick up the pieces and poison him against Baam somehow.

Really, SIU sending Yihwa away from Team Tangsooyook made this a very likely play. Wangnan of course has his own plot armor, but Yihwa (because of her Yeon blood) is likely the only one of the remaining members of that team who SIU has longer-term designs for.

Yes, they are both more relevant here.

I would be extremely surprised if SIU went forward with the events you're proposing... although, for those of us who enjoy(ed) Gantz, Berserk, Game of Thrones, etc., it would be a welcome change to see that, in some sense, no character is safe.  Also, the dark Wangnan storyline sounds like a fascinating twist.

Agreed, the Yihwa send off was suspicious, which led me to believe that there will be trouble in paradise, so-to-speak.

pepbut

pepbut

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 582 posts

I can imagine Hoaqin just leaving their corpses strung up at one of the checkpoints that the protagonist crew has to cross to continue through the train, with a message for Baam about how he is powerless before the law of the Tower.

It would be brilliant if this happened. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

I would be extremely surprised if SIU went forward with the events you're proposing...

It would be brilliant if this happened. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

I think it's likelier that the two of you (and a great many other readers I'm sure) are imagining. Fair enough to be skeptical, considering the course of the series in more recent years.

But there's something that changes the landscape altogether, and that's Baam's brand new priority shift. Before this chapter, he was always about protecting his friends at the expense of all else. That sort of compelled SIU to protect them, because the main protagonist's credibility was hard-wired into doing so. What would it have said for Baam the Irregular if he wasn't even good enough to safeguard a few people on the lower floors of the Tower? Certainly, excuses could have been made to directly exonerate him somewhat (not being there when someone died, or what have you), but they would have rung hollow and Baam would have ultimately have looked like a figure of ridicule.

Now, however, there's a different wind beneath his sails. He's just knowingly and willingly let Wangnan and co. follow their own priorities into a dangerous situation, even over Yihwa's objections. The fact that he no longer seems to consider it his personal mission to puppy guard his friends from the various hazards of the Tower opens them up to mortality without tarnishing him in the doing (at least in terms of his cred). So I would not be at all surprised to see SIU begin scything down some of the more expendable members of the cast.

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

I think Wangnan will succeed, i don't know why but i believe he will, even though i'm kinda hoping Lester's theory to come true since  that route sounds fun but, there other reason i believe he might succeed.

1. He failed so hard, he might redeem himself this second chance he got. 

2. Hwa Ryun's prophecy, he chose to take the path Hwa Ryun told him to avoid disaster, as far as i remember, last time he asked her a path, he succeeded and made Baam reunite with his friends.

3. It's not like it was the first time he pulled it off, we saw how he kidnapped Vicente under their noise and still got away with it. 

Edited by salvatore, 14 June 2016 - 09:39 AM.

Lightprayer

Lightprayer

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 344 posts
  • LocationItaly

I instead think he will NOT succeed because:

1. Cassano has yet to reveal what he has to do with his and Teddy's powers ("Saving the Tower" probably, according to Rachel) and I doubt we'll just avoid seeing how that goes. He also seem an important key piece of team Rachel right now and I don't think he's going away this soon.

2. We don't care about Teddy now. He's an useless character now and even if revived he wouldn't climb the Tower, so there's no real reason to rush his revival.

3. Hwa Ryun said Baam will meet Wangnan again (probably not mentioning the other characters of team sweet&sour) but never said how, Wangnan may very well be a different person and not an ally anymore.

4. Yihwa leaving is a deathflag for team Wangnan because she was the most important character in that group storywise leaving Wangnan himself out.

I doubt SIU is gonna kill Miseng, if he does he would get my praise though.

Fairy King Harlequin

Fairy King Harlequin

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,170 posts

Even though I hate Koon, Wangnan is nowhere close to his ability.  He would need extreme luck to pull it off.  Wangnan's party really sucks.

Random far-fetched scenario 1.  Wangnan bumps into Mad Dog and Ron Mei.  Enemy of my enemy is my friend.  Mad Dog wants to be a slayer and Wangnan wants Cassano.

Random far-fetched scenario 2.  Wangnan is expected with his pursuit, team gets destroyed, the thorn will be  handed to Wangnan making him a new member of Team Rachel.

Edited by Fairy King Harlequin, 14 June 2016 - 10:46 PM.