Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Random thoughts/SHOUT SOMETHING RANDOM!!!

• Please log in to reply
535889 replies to this topic

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Makes for a surprisingly soothing lullaby right before going to sleep, really.

Music box noises are just sort of magical somehow. I assume I'm just conditioned to think so but still.

Night, y'all ^^

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

sounds kinda creepy

like something from a high fantasy horror story

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I feel like it's so much harder to make high-fantasy horror actually scary.

Not impossible by any means of course. Just, because your agency in a high fantasy setting is so much higher so it's difficult to produce a feeling of being "trapped" or some such, and like pools of blood and walking dead are frankly ho-hum, and there's never this creeping feeling of, "oh, this shouldn't be happening" because anything can happen, it's fantasy.

That is to say, it's usually the uncertainty in horror that's scary, but in high fantasy the ghost is real and out to get you at which point it's no scarier than, say, being surrounded by wolves, at which point it's just an adventure novel, but with dark ambience.

And a lot of horror, at the end of the day, depends on the intrusion of a sense of danger into the normalcy of life which just is harder if you've got elves or some such running around.

That's not to say it can't work—just that it seems there's a lot more legwork involved, for anything beyond pure visual/visceral horror. You have to build safety and normalcy from the ground up in order to be able to threaten and/or shatter them.

(Note: All of the foregoing is just me talking out of my posterior trying to explain where my gut instinct on this is coming from.)

You

You

Savage Potato

• Members
  • 3,262 posts
Violet rose

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_9e1zrqkbvu8s

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Lily carnation

You

You

Savage Potato

• Members
  • 3,262 posts
Beautiful boy

You

You

Savage Potato

• Members
  • 3,262 posts
Fun fun fun

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
In the sun sun sun~

A pity that sun exposure gives us cancer.

I should go hiking tomorrow.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

just wear sunscreen and you'll be fine

in other news i watched the tekken EVO final last night and the pakistani guy took out the japanese, the koreans, and the top american player to win the grand final

yes pakistan

Edited by Feishy Pit Boar, 05 August 2019 - 04:30 PM.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
(I really hate sunscreen, though. I wear a hat and hope any cancer that grows on my exposed arms will be sufficiently obvious in the early stages. ^^; )

A prodigy can come from anywhere, and Pakistan has a lot of people.

Still, that's kinda neat. Dark horses are the best.

You

You

Savage Potato

• Members
  • 3,262 posts
Reverse swing

Horn

Horn

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationWelded to my computer chair.

Oh gosh, there are people still alive  :o

UIqflpq.jpg

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Yup ^^

I know everyone knows this already but I do think it's interesting how strongly google keyboard suggestions is so obviously biased towards work e-mails and the like. If I string together it's suggestions no matter how hard I try to go for the interesting options it gravitates in such a direction (here I start with "unholy"):

Unholy alliance of museums and galleries of this line of work experience in this case is pending for approval from the following URL to access my account number and email it back to me and my husband and I will be good for the delay in getting the most popular and have been trying to figure it out and see what you want me there from.

Just how much of our collective lives are spent writing boring emails and texts? :'p

Argomundo

Argomundo

Kraftwerk Potato

• Donator
  • 1,008 posts
  • LocationGermany

Ha ha ha ha stayin alive

I invite everyone reading this to the Batoto discord https://discord.gg/PxAqQGy 

Spoiler

You

You

Savage Potato

• Members
  • 3,262 posts
Ah ah ah ah stayin alive

You

You

Savage Potato

• Members
  • 3,262 posts
Kumera

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Looking up "kumera" brought me to a nutrition-information page which had as part of a disclaimer(?) at the bottom: "This information is sourced by a qualified naturopath."

What is a naturopath, and can it kill you with its mind or with exotic toxins, because it sounds like it should be something like a third party in another "aliens vs. predators" movie? ~w~

Edit: Oh, I'm not totally off-track here! They're pretty deadly. Naturopathy appears to be the practice of intentionally eschewing modern medicine and advising others to do as such. That people would proudly self-proclaim to this I find moderately mind-boggling. owo;

Edited by pokari, 11 August 2019 - 05:20 AM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

Got hit by ryuk ransomware... Russian interference .... Dying

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
D: