Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[Spoilers until midnight EST] Tower of God Season 2 Chapter 193

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

ukimix

ukimix

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • LocationBebop, in orbit around Jupiter

Who is this? Androssi?

193.jpg?type=w2

Koon with some boobs... Hope it's not a spoiler. Well, it'd be interesting development, tho.

Edited by ukimix, 13 March 2016 - 03:26 PM.

md0505

md0505

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 765 posts

Sweet, well worth the wait this past week!

So, either Baam had no difficulty with the sorrow/hatred/anguish of the souls or something else is going on.

Been a while since I got this excited for the new Chapter!

Now, if only I knew what is going exactly.... LaFa?!?!

LaFa

LaFa

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationUnited States
Baam using hoaqin's tech. Roen died for Daniel. This whole thing was a prologue to this arc/episode. Yuri says Baam will win because they're destined to meet (in short). /chapter

md0505

md0505

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 765 posts

[ā€“]Zenotha 1 punt

2 minuten geleden

Chapter Summary (Spoilers Alert!):

Pedro reveals that in the unlikely case that Baam wins, the main core will overfill with acid, dissolving everybody present. It isn't an issue for his side because some [not sure what] has the ability to teleport. However, Yuri is confident that Baam will survive to meet her, because it was determined since long ago.

The clone remarks that Baam's assimilation of the power was surprisingly successful, and that she half-expected him to die of the [something i can't translate again]. She explains that when White lost to the princess of Jahad, the vengeful spirits inside of him used that moment to fuse with one of the siblings inside him, creating her current form. The power of the souls he had amassed was of unparalleled strength, and she only had given him a small portion. Because of these very spirits, Hoaqin had to split himself into five on the train, being unable to control them in his form. The power she had granted him was that of those spirits, the embodiment of hatred and rage towards Hoaqin.

She once again remarks that putting that much power into anybody should induce [the same thing I cant translate from earlier].

Hoaqin bitches about the way Baam looks at him.

Akraptor is annoyed that he survived - if he had died, the one after him would have a better chance of surviving.

Daniel and Aka talk about how Baam refuses to sacrifice anyone at all, juxtaposed against their past conflict with Hoaqin where Roen had to be sacrificed.

Hoaqin thinks to himself about the absurdity of Baam controlling the powers of the souls he collected, especially since Baam did not even know how to wield curses.

Baam saves Angel-whatshername-bitchface.

Hoaqin asks if Baam really obtained the power of his souls.

Baam explains to Hoaqin that he is empowered by their desire to strike him down.

Aka asks Daniel if they could have done such a thing 600 years ago...

-Flashback-

Hoaqin's diary is being read aloud, revealing that his body is no longer stable, and that he divided his body into five and left the other bodies on the train, in order for him to recombine and regain his power when a spell was finished.

However, the spell would fail if other souls got mixed into it, causing them to be trapped in the train forever. As a result, they need to trick the others on the train to kill each other [I don't understand this part either].

Roen volunteers to bait Hoaqin as repentance for getting them into their current situation. Everyone else disagreed, but it was only talk - Aka mused that deep down, perhaps being afraid of death themselves, everybody secretly hoped that Roen would do it for them. Except... for Daniel.

-The night of Hoaqin's sealing-

The team baits Hoaqin to the predetermined spot.

Boro repels Hoaqin's attack, which leaves him in the middle of a spell. Roen appears and reveals that Sachi's own experience as a curse-user allowed him to help set up the spell.

The spot Roen is standing on was not agreed upon previously, as the person standing there would be sacrificed. Daniel runs over to try to stop her.

-Present-

Daniel reveals that he hated them not for letting Roen die, but from stopping him from dying with her.

Miseng is the next sacrifice.

Hoaqin and Baam face off for the last time. Baam lands a clean hit on Hoa

Edited by md0505, 13 March 2016 - 03:45 PM.

Fairy King Harlequin

Fairy King Harlequin

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,170 posts

Baam:..................................................................................................................................................................................................Bankai.............................................

Edited by Fairy King Harlequin, 13 March 2016 - 03:58 PM.

Shinsoo Beam

Shinsoo Beam

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationR.D

-Present-

Daniel reveals that he hated them not for letting Roen die, but from stopping him from dying with her.

Hoaqin and Baam face off for the last time. Baam lands a clean hit on Hoaqin despite his sword skills. Hoaqin gets mad and demands to have his power back.

Baam tells him that the power is not his - it is the hated of the souls he sacrificed - a sharp blade they grant to Baam to take down his arrogant form. Using the power of the souls, Baam creates a blade from pure shinsoo.

Activating his own ability to copy all moves, Baam uses Hoaqin's own sword skills against him. With one huge slash, Baam takes Hoaqin out and saves Miseng, winning the Dallar game.

Aka tells Daniel that they do not regret saving him on that fateful day, because it was for his sake that Roen sacrificed herself.

The night before that fight, Roen alone was (apparently) still the only one awake. Daniel approaches her; she tells him that she likes him - everything about him - even his lousy personality and sub-par looks, even the silly way he sticks to her side. (The others are all secretly awake and eavesdropping). She tells him that if she sacrifices herself the next day, it is only because she loves him - she tells him not to hate or blame the others if she really ends up dying. She once again repeats that she loves him.

"Thank you. Since the day I was born... This is the first time I have had such a feeling. Now that I have experienced love, I am no longer afraid of death."

Valmont84

Valmont84

Potato

• Members
  • 114 posts

The night before that fight, Roen alone was (apparently) still the only one awake. Daniel approaches her; she tells him that she likes him - everything about him - even his lousy personality and sub-par looks, even the silly way he sticks to her side. (The others are all secretly awake and eavesdropping). She tells him that if she sacrifices herself the next day, it is only because she loves him - she tells him not to hate or blame the others if she really ends up dying. She once again repeats that she loves him.

"Thank you. Since the day I was born... This is the first time I have had such a feeling. Now that I have experienced love, I am no longer afraid of death."

I got something in my eye

Riley Escobar

Riley Escobar

Potato

• Members
  • 127 posts

[ā€“]Zenotha 1 punt

2 minuten geleden

Pedro reveals that in the unlikely case that Baam wins, the main core will overfill with acid, dissolving everybody present. It isn't an issue for his side because some [not sure what] has the ability to teleport. However, Yuri is confident that Baam will survive to meet her, because it was determined since long ago.
The clone remarks that Baam's assimilation of the power was surprisingly successful, and that she half-expected him to die of the [something i can't translate again]. She explains that when White lost to the princess of Jahad, the vengeful spirits inside of him used that moment to fuse with one of the siblings inside him, creating her current form. The power of the souls he had amassed was of unparalleled strength, and she only had given him a small portion. Because of these very spirits, Hoaqin had to split himself into five on the train, being unable to control them in his form. The power she had granted him was that of those spirits, the embodiment of hatred and rage towards Hoaqin.
She once again remarks that putting that much power into anybody should induce [the same thing I cant translate from earlier].
Akraptor is annoyed that he survived - if he had died, the one after him would have a better chance of surviving.
Daniel and Aka talk about how Baam refuses to sacrifice anyone at all, juxtaposed against their past conflict with Hoaqin where Roen had to be sacrificed.
Hoaqin thinks to himself about the absurdity of Baam controlling the powers of the souls he collected, especially since Baam did not even know how to wield curses.
Baam explains to Hoaqin that he is empowered by their desire to strike him down.
-Flashback-[/size]
Hoaqin's diary is being read aloud, revealing that his body is no longer stable, and that he divided his body into five and left the other bodies on the train, in order for him to recombine and regain his power when a spell was finished.
However, the spell would fail if other souls got mixed into it, causing them to be trapped in the train forever. As a result, they need to trick the others on the train to kill each other [I don't understand this part either].
Roen volunteers to bait Hoaqin as repentance for getting them into their current situation. Everyone else disagreed, but it was only talk - Aka mused that deep down, perhaps being afraid of death themselves, everybody secretly hoped that Roen would do it for them. Except... for Daniel.
Boro repels Hoaqin's attack, which leaves him in the middle of a spell. Roen appears and reveals that Sachi's own experience as a curse-user allowed him to help set up the spell.
The spot Roen is standing on was not agreed upon previously, as the person standing there would be sacrificed. Daniel runs over to try to stop her.
-Present-
Hoaqin and Baam face off for the last time. Baam lands a clean hit on Hoa

Heres the full Spoiler Summary:

-Flashback-

-Present-

Hoaqin and Baam face off for the last time. Baam lands a clean hit on Hoaqin despite his sword skills. Hoaqin gets mad and demands to have his power back.

Baam tells him that the power is not his - it is the hated of the souls he sacrificed - a sharp blade they grant to Baam to take down his arrogant form. Using the power of the souls, Baam creates a blade from pure shinsoo.

Activating his own ability to copy all moves, Baam uses Hoaqin's own sword skills against him. With one huge slash, Baam takes Hoaqin out and saves Miseng, winning the Dallar game.

Aka tells Daniel that they do not regret saving him on that fateful day, because it was for his sake that Roen sacrificed herself.

bxPmk8I.png
Spoiler
What is right? What is wrong? In this mixed up world, deciding what is right and wrong is not easy.
You can't just go by somebody else's rules. If you let yourself be controlled like that,
you'll just become a puppet that can't make decisions on it's own. You have to live by your rules.

Dimitraa

Dimitraa

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 579 posts
  • LocationGreece

wow what a chapter! 

Is Siu going to take a break after this?

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

wow what a chapter! 

Is Siu going to take a break after this?

I'd imagine that the end of the arc and a break for the author are both imminent, but there are still some loose ends that need wrapping up. We haven't seen how Baam and co. are going to escape Pedro's trap, haven't seen the meeting (or what might cause there not to be one) between Baam and Yuri, and it's hard to imagine that Hoaqin is going to gracefully accept defeat and skulk away just because Baam won the Dallar Game. Further, the other siblings' souls, and likely also Wangnan's, are still trapped inside Hoaqin and that needs to be addressed as well. There's also the promise Rachel made to reveal her and Baam's backstory, which Koon is certainly going to try to force her to honor now that her side lost the game. Though I imagine she's going to get away in the chaos resulting from the acid being rigged to rise.

Edited by Lester, 13 March 2016 - 04:50 PM.

Grincourt

Grincourt

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationItaly
That face you make when you're playing an online game for the first time and your opponent is lv. 100
Spoiler

Edited by Grincourt, 13 March 2016 - 04:48 PM.

Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 981 posts
  • LocationFormer Tenochtitlan

Awesome chapter. I cant wait until Baam gets the Black March back. I donĀ“t think Baam is gonna keep that power. The souls will help him and Baam could keep the power but he will say something about not wanting to have the power originated from so much death and sacrifice.

Hwa_Ryun_showing_both_eyes.png

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

For me, the most interesting piece of information to come out of this chapter is Yuri's remark about her meeting with Baam being predestined. While this might just be shippy babble coming from Yuri, I think it might go a bit deeper. One of the story's earliest mysteries is just how Yuri knew that Baam was coming into the Tower all that time ago. Now we have a hint that she might have been aware of his coming before he ever did. We also know from the lore that she was personally present when Phantaminum assailed Zahard's palace. Connection there? I spoke last week about the idea that Tower of God is really Phantaminum's Exis Story, and now we have another layer of possibility being added to that.

Edited by Lester, 14 March 2016 - 11:29 AM.

Mr. Alien

Mr. Alien

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 441 posts

The good thing is Baam learned a good technique and a bit clarity. I wish to see Hoaqin's copies start to go up the tower now 

Practice Compassion.

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth
My god, this chapter was pure amazing, but i doubt that is the end of Hoaqin, he is destined to die how Reflejjo died.

Couch Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 3,043 posts

Awesome chapter. I cant wait until Baam gets the Black March back.

A gentleman and scholar of good taste, I see. Fingers crossed.

The opinions expressed by this user are solely their own and do not express the views of Batoto and its staff.

ukimix

ukimix

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • LocationBebop, in orbit around Jupiter

For me, the most interesting piece of information to come out of this chapter is Yuri's remark about her meeting with Baam being predestined. While this might just be shippy babble coming from Yuri, I think it might go a bit deeper. One of the story's earliest mysteries is just how Yuri knew that Baam was coming into the Tower all that time ago. Now we have a hint that she might have been aware of his coming before he ever did. We also know from the lore that she was personally present when Phantaminum assailed Zahard's palace. Connection there? I spoke last week about the idea that Tower of God is really Phantamimum's Exis Story, and now we have another layer of possibility being added to that.

Yes,that part is really interesting. But talking about all the details that need to be wrapped up, I wonder if SIU will show the meeting between them in this arc. The acid is a good excuse to avoid it. I think the old SIU (the one dragging the interesting fights and plot development) would avoid it. But in all honestly this and the last chapters is like written by a new SIU, who is really good with the pace and plot development. So I'm not sure about it.

About Wangnam and the siblings, there's a simple and quick solution: Hoaqin dies.

Now I like the fact that that Baam overthrowed the test by saving all the prisoners. The duel between Baam and Hoaqin was presented as a duel between two natures: an evil one and a stupid good one :). And the fact that he won going even against the sense of the rules could be a foreshadow of Baan overthrowing the tower. At least nice metaphor.

Pretty happy with the chapter.

Edited by ukimix, 13 March 2016 - 06:02 PM.

Vitala

Vitala

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 290 posts
So now tog is The care bears world with happy ending each arc, bam always get allies who help him + power up to beat the current bad guys who will always end as looser, i think this was a great chapter for people who like when heroes always win effortlessly, so what is the message, the world is for the genius like bam, people like karaka or hoaqin, pedro, reflejo etc are destined to end like shits.

Anyway the blog post is very interesting.

Since it's White-day1 I drew White... This was a greatly long chapter. I didn't count but perhaps the longest in Season 2... Considering all the circumstances... and keeping in touch with the world of webtoons, I was under pressure if this was pushing it.
But more than what's practical, doing what I wanted as an author... and the parts I was trying my hardest in: I felt I needed to fulfill my goals of the parts I needed to learn, and I had a feeling that that was a responsibility of sorts for me for the readers, so I tried to contain lots of stuff in this chapter despite it being difficult to maintain.
Now I'm regretting it because I may have overdone it ^^;; but at least I think I did better than my previous chapters perhaps. So that's how it is.
*Below contains spoilers for this chapter
This battle, its not so much as that Baam defeated Hoaqin, but it's the counter strike from all those Hoaqin have sacrificed and gathered. As it is said this chapter, the last clone is the embodiment of the lost souls' power and Baam merely borrowed it ^^;;
"To have someone's life be sacrificed is sacred, and those who take it for granted and abuse it will fall from that power"... That was kinda the message I wanted to convey.
Roen and Daniel's story... Hmm... Actually many people may have differing opinions on that part, but between being sacrificed and sacrificing oneself out of free-will in desperate situations, I wanted to talk about the difference between the two. But my skills aren't that high up so I'm not sure if that was conveyed well ^^;
The reason Baam could use Hoaqin's stills was because the last clone is Albelda (Hoaqin's younger sibling)+ the spirits. Since Albelda has the blood of the Arie, the power of the Arie clan could be used ^^. The old Baam, no matter how well Baam tries to copy it, can't use the Arie-style swordsmanship.
Regardless, the Hoaqin chapter isn't quite complete
And the next few weeks we still have more important moments so please keep an eye on that. ^^
Since this will be the prologue of sorts for another big arc, so I am excited for this too.
I drew three doodles because it's Whiteday
Well, I hope you have a sweet Monday~
Well, everyone have a good week this week, hop on the Tower of God game every once in a while hehe. See you all next week!
Thank you ^^!
Tower of God Mobile Game Download (Android only)2
http://play.google.com/store/apps/detail?id=com.raiz.tog
Translator's notes:
1: White-day is a romantic holiday in South Korea, kinda like Valentine's day except with candy instead of chocolate. Never mind that we already have Valentine's Day!
2: Mobile Game is only in Korean, and is region locked for Korea only. If you want to get it, you'll have to get the APK from a third party source, which may be dangerous if you don't know what you are doing. No news on international release or Apple release, so please do not ask about them here.

Edited by Vitala, 13 March 2016 - 06:14 PM.

Masterpace

Masterpace

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,101 posts

Good chapter...SIU skipped Baam talk with sould which is super surprising :D

I wonder if Baam will keep the power...That would be nice but I don't think it will happen. Ranker lvl Baam would be nice to see though...and we could skip all those ridiculous games to climb the tower and focus more on the real story. 

But Baam being Baam he will free the souls...which is stupid cause tower is getting worse and worse with every floor so Baam should keep every advantage he gets...or just let him go back to the rice pot and release his full potential...I would even allow SIU's hiatus if he would end with Baam sitting in the rice pot and promise to make him awesome after the break :)

Life 101:

When someone says "i'm gonna teach you a lesson" it's unusual for what follows to be an educational opportunity !!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

English is not my first language.

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

So now tog is The care bears world with happy ending each arc, bam always get allies who help him + power up to beat the current bad guys who will always end as looser, i think this was a great chapter for people who like when heroes always win effortlessly, so what is the message, the world is for the genius like bam, people like karaka or hoaqin, pedro, reflejo etc are destined to end like shits.

The message is don't be a scumbag and/or support FUG (it's usually 'and' because the two tend to run hand in hand).

Edited by Lester, 13 March 2016 - 06:20 PM.