Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

What did Asha sacrifice in order to achieve a piece of Visnu's power?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Horseshoe Crab

Horseshoe Crab

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 551 posts

So my next bet is that she sacrificed the remaining years of her life.

But then, that doesn't mesh with the "something many people consider more important than their own lives" bit.

I just hope the real answer doesn't turn out to be a giant troll!

ironmonk

ironmonk

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 374 posts

But then, that doesn't mesh with the "something many people consider more important than their own lives" bit.

I just hope the real answer doesn't turn out to be a giant troll!

True. Knowing Curry, it could be something like losing the ability to use magic.

rojo

rojo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,395 posts
I doubt most people would put their ability to use magic over their desire to live, though.

ironmonk

ironmonk

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 374 posts
Wouldn't be surprised if they grew too dependent on it and couldn't live with the thought of being powerless.

EeveeHunt

EeveeHunt

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

I believe that it is her happiness that she gave up. She can't have been happy at the time when the contract was made. And it is quite possible she hasn't realised what it is she actually gave up yet.

ironmonk

ironmonk

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 374 posts

But she has always been happy whenever she was with Ran.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Her personality? She sure as hell ain't got one of those   :D

Heh......yup, it still holds up :D

I have to say, I get just such a kick out of flipping through some of the older forum post......like around three+ years or so ago when I was already saying Asha would end up being the biggest villain in the story and everybody else was saying "Oh, no, you're so wrong, why do you hate her so much?"......and...... "Asha initially intended to use Leez as just a tool, but I genuinely think that she cares about Leez now and wants to find a better outcome for her, even if it means taking a harder path".

Freaking hilarious, right? Wow, it just now dawns on me, but I simply LOVE saying "I told you so" :D

Tn7HA0h.png

falk182

falk182

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 76 posts

Maybe it's something like any future lifetimes she could have, assuming reincarnation is a thing in this universe.

That's actually not a bad idea. Not saying which comic it is b/c spoilers, but another Korean webtoon has a character who sacrifices precisely that (its reveal would have come after currygom planned this story so she couldn't have stolen the idea). It could certainly turn up here. Maybe that's another reason why Agni saw a giant "x" mark when he looked at her future (beyond it being blocked by Visnu's power) - when she dies he won't see her in hell, she'll just cease to exist. As much as she has to do with the future, in a sense she may have no future. Anyways it's food for thought.

Also, reincarnation was presented as a little bit more incidental in the Kuberaverse - until we saw, in the latest few episodes, what happened to

Spoiler
So now it's clear that reincarnation is not only a real thing, but it's a powerful factor in the universe. And also we can now think about possible interactions between gods' reincarnations and humans'. If Asha's gaining divine power (I forget how exactly) and if Leez is also halfway to becoming some sort of god, is there a hard limit on that? I.e. can everything be reset by their deaths, or will they be swept along with the rest of the god's essence into the godly reincarnation cycle? If Leez becomes Kubera completely, will she then always be Kubera, and if she's killed will she awaken again to godhood? I guess we can't really answer that. But those questions may become moot if
Spoiler

Posted Image