Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

What did Asha sacrifice in order to achieve a piece of Visnu's power?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Shess

Shess

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 307 posts
Spoilers for those who don't read the raws!

As it's now been confirmed, Asha needed to sacrifice something she would achieve at a later date that would be incredibly valuable to her, even more than her life. The question is, what is it?

Side note - I would've made this a poll as Nualie mentioned in the raw discussion but I thought that the amount of possible answers were just too much and I didn't want to limit it to only minimum amount.

Edited by Shess, 23 February 2016 - 12:48 AM.

tumblr_nd06mlXtkF1tgv0q6o1_500.gif

Horseshoe Crab

Horseshoe Crab

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 551 posts

Hmm. Selling her soul to the devil Visnu seems cliche.

She had no family left to sacrifice. Mirha doesn't count since Asha is indifferent to her.

Didn't Visnu mention that it could be something she doesn't have yet? Could it be that Rao will be her sacrifice?

Another possibility could be her lifespan. Maybe she originally had a long one and Visnu took away all that remained except 8 years. But this seems too obvious.

Indigo July

Indigo July

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 36 posts

Her reputation maybe? Certainly if anyone remembers her after her last Hoti Visnu, it won't be favourably. Could also be the ability to be reincarnated.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Her personality? She sure as hell ain't got one of those  :D

Tn7HA0h.png

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
The title itself is quite spoiler-ish already. xD But whatever.

Doesn't she have to sacrifice whoever is precious to her? Visnu may have said that because he knows that among those she gets attached to, there will be those she'll have to kill or harm. Rao, Leez, perhaps her teacher Lorraine. Instead of accepting their outreached hand, she needs to reject them. Not sure about Brilith, but Asha did avoid staying too long with her, and she did accidentally end up hurting her.

Of course, there is also 'humanity' (for silent magic) and 'existence' (to be allowed to wield hoti visnu), but I think those are extras.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

smthFishy

smthFishy

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  • Locationsubmerged
Love duh
Love is a sign of weakness

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts
  • LocationSomewhere I can daydream in peace, hopefully.

SLEEP

SHE FORFEITED SLEEP

And that's why she's a lot less cranky now that she has coffee.

Some stuff I made: All's here!

My profile on fanfiction.net is here.

Check Kubera out if you don't know it!

Because it's fun to see Leez dying inside and outside all over the place it's a story of romance, psychology and humor. And horror. A little. 

ironmonk

ironmonk

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 374 posts

Any amount of likeability that I will ever have towards her.

decapus

decapus

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 80 posts

family perhaps?

Vishnu said it is important to most people

I think that fits the bill

seileene

seileene

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts

Friends. It's totally cheesy and cliche, but it's what came to mind and stuck. Asha's done a real good job of burning every bridge that comes her way. And considering Asha didn't have any before, after or during the transaction, it just seems to fit with the wording. Also, there have been many opportunities for Asha to create bonds of friendship, which she fails to comprehend, then summarily destroys as a direct result of the path she chose.

Looking up, Mizura said more or less the same x)

cocoa_mocha

cocoa_mocha

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationRindhallow, Willarv
I saw this one in the comments on line webtoons, but I also thought of it when I was reading it again.

Her child...lol What if Asha gave up a child that she was going to have. However, she wouldn't have lived long without the deal with Visnu, so this theory may be far fetched.

F3k8fjN.jpg

Gotta love this guy.

rojo

rojo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,395 posts
Without hoti visnu she would have died at 18, and she certainly doesn't seem like the type to get knocked up as a teenager lol

I personally think that she sacrificed "loved ones"/meaningful connections with people. She could have gone back with Rao and had a family and friends, but she chose revenge instead... the closest thing she had to friends were Lorraine and Brilith, who she ultimately betrayed.

ironmonk

ironmonk

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 374 posts

So she didn't sacrifice her arm?

Tammy

Tammy

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 235 posts

Wasn't losing her arm in relation to using Hoti Visnu 1000 times?

She doesn't trust anyone nor does she really open up or allow people to come in. She gets jealous that Kubera Leez is well liked and that everyone is quick to help and defend her (Ran, Rao, Yuta, etc). Probably the ability to have any sort of meaningful or fulfilling relationships/love.

rojo

rojo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,395 posts

Visnu specified that she would be sacrificing something that she DIDN'T have then but could have in the future, and she definitely still had her arm then.

Horseshoe Crab

Horseshoe Crab

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 551 posts

Well, Vishnu said it's something she doesn't have yet, and something many people consider more important than their own lives.

Asha's first-born child? Too cliche? :lol:

Maybe it's whoever is supposed to be her Love Line...

ironmonk

ironmonk

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 374 posts

I can dig it being her future children.

Horseshoe Crab

Horseshoe Crab

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 551 posts

Someone in the Webtoons comments suggested that Asha gave up having a family, when Asha wondered if joining Rao's family would've been an unhappier choice. On the one hand, it sounds like a plausible guess, but on the other hand, she made a deal with the devil (so to speak) and my expectation is that she lost something that would cause her much greater regret than that.

ironmonk

ironmonk

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 374 posts

Hmmm, greater than that? Everything is pointing towards her having a short life So what about the possibility that she gave up the remaining years of her life. She has what 1~2 more years based on the yama thing? So as soon as she gets her vengeance she drops dead. Visnu already knows the future so he knows when she would succeed. So my next bet is that she sacrificed the remaining years of her life.

microlm

microlm

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 355 posts

Maybe it's something like any future lifetimes she could have, assuming reincarnation is a thing in this universe.

On a tangent, maybe that's what the hoti visnu rumors may be too--screwing with death and time might mess up rebirth.