Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Star Wars: A New Resistance [OOC]

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

I feel like there would've been a lot more potential and freedom, if this was set on the rise of the Empire between 3 and 4 instead.

I guess that's because after 7, not too many of us have any idea what the world would be like after 7 and it would be largely guessing based on given evidence.

Shmuser Name

Shmuser Name

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNJ, The States

Done with my CS, check it out Dad?

Call Me Daddy

Call Me Daddy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 0 posts

I feel like there would've been a lot more potential and freedom, if this was set on the rise of the Empire between 3 and 4 instead.

I guess that's because after 7, not too many of us have any idea what the world would be like after 7 and it would be largely guessing based on given evidence.

Hm? I would say the opposite. I see what you're saying, but I'm not exactly following the story from here on out. There will be things in here that aren't canon from here on out. From the end of Episode 7 onward is my universe.

Didn't wanna deal with the BUT THIS HAPPENED IN CANON mumbo jumbo.

@Shmuser: Will be posting your acceptance/failure soon. ;3

Spoiler

Talents coming soon to a post near you.

Name: Xendo-Zha

Race: Draethos !!! (Not a problem, just loving the race you chose.) !!!

Alignment: Lawful !!! (Lawful still needs something to add onto it. Options are Good, Neutral, and Evil. In the end it should look like this Lawful Good. That was an example you can choose any of them not just Good.) !!!

Appearance: Average height; Lean, strong musculature; Eggplant-purple skin tone with lighter undertone of navy-blue pigmentation; Cyberbetic left eye with a sapphire-colored iris and a natural right eye with a dark-gray colored iris; Pink scar going diagonally down his face beginning from the upper-lid of his left eye down to the edge of his right nostril

Personality: Has high morals, very dutiful, tendency to be hedonistic, has low tolerance for evil, sly

Background: Xendo-Zha was an excellent Security officer for a rather large business on Boz Pity. Being so close to Hutt Space, he handled the threats of Hutt factions for many long years. He did not seem to remember much of the Republic, being an adolescent at the time of the Empire's rise to power. After joining the police force on one of Boz Pity's cities after becoming an adult, Xendo-Zha realized that the corruption he saw was beginning to disillusion him. Therefore, he left and became a contractor, and was quickly picked up by a modest, but important corporation to behave as a security officer for their VIPs. He worked there for a good amount of time, and when the Empire fell the economic backlash on the Galactic economy caused him to lose his job. However, Xendo-Zha was allowed, through special merit, to be allowed back into the police force through his connections and favors, this time in a new city where the corruption was much more regulated. Yet, a new Galactic war was raging now. Being an experienced fighter and negotiator, Xendo-Zha was prepared for whatever the horizon brought. He had combated gangsters of both the criminal kind and the corporate kind, and had survived two Galactic Wars. !!! (No problems, but it might be beneficial for you to include if he was exiled from his Homeworld or born Offworld. Your race is a warrior culture who exiles those who don't adapt. Ironically, most Draethos found offworld are peaceful because they are exiled. Again, this isn't a problem just a little bit of information that can go a long way. Last off, you have no problem being an officer on the planet of Coruscant?) !!!

Faction: Neutral

Stats: (45 Stat Points upon Character Creation. Keep the total amount of your points here. Yes I shamelessly stole the Fallout stats.)

• Strength - (8)

• Agility - (6)

• Intelligence - (5)

• Perception - (6)

• Charisma - (9)

• Endurance - (6)

• Luck - (5)

Talents:

Draethos Telepathy: Race talent, one-way telepathic communication, no mind-reading. !!! (This talent is free and will not have a cost.) !!!

Hand-to-Hand Combat: Star Wars version of Pencak Silat Mastery from all those years training and fighting any number of enemies in almost every environment. !!! (Give me an amount of talent points that you are allocating here. You all start with 10. 1 TP = Basic. 2 TP = Skilled. 3 TP = Master. 5 TP = Legendary.) !!!

[/spoiler]​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkEEGidt9GY[/spoiler]

Cyborg Marksmanship: As a security officer and police officer, you need to be able to spot a threat and drop it quickly and accurately, and those years of training have helped Xendo-Zha hone his shot. Possessing a cybernetic eye also helps in looking through objects and and looking longer distances. He can operate mostly all hand-guns and blaster rifles, no heavy equipment training though. !!! (Same as above. Need to know point allocation so I can make a talent for you.) !!!

Threat Sentinel: Xendo-Zha spent many years protecting and serving. He also spent many years ensuring he'd get paid. If people die, he loses either way. Fortunately, Xendo-Zha generates the most aggro in a fight, unfortunately he generates the most aggro in a fight. !!! (Loving this talent. Still needs point allocation.)

Bugged: Xendo-Zha's cybernetic eye, if connected to a mainframe of cameras, can see from every single one of their perspectives. !!! (Another badass talent. Don't put talent points into this one as I may give it to you for free. I just wanna see how many points you put into what first.) !!!

Personal Weapons: Blaster Rifle, Heavy Blaster Pistol

Starships/Vehicles: Police Squad Hover-Car

Inventory: Police ID, Body Armor, Tactical Helmet

Spoiler

Credits: !!! (You've had a stable income. You begin the game with 5000 Credits.) !!!

Talents coming soon to a post near you! (Once I get point allocations that is.)

@Both of you: I will be returning within an hour or two to write up your talents.

yousittfdown.gif?w=549

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationRiding the back of the Great A'tuin.

Damn, Shmuser starting off with a nice fat wallet for me. Nice!

Shmuser Name

Shmuser Name

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNJ, The States

COMPLETED

Spoiler

Edited by Shmuser Name, 15 January 2016 - 10:34 AM.

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

Ah yeah, canon, right. But you have to deal with that too if you're working with what you currently are, coming up after Episode 7.

Although, the premise of 5 planets having just been destroyed by the First Order can be the birth of some very interesting characters. Does it say anywhere which planets were destroyed? All of them were members of the Republic if I recall.

pizhhh

pizhhh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,029 posts
  • Locationin jail

Ah yeah, canon, right. But you have to deal with that too if you're working with what you currently are, coming up after Episode 7.

Although, the premise of 5 planets having just been destroyed by the First Order can be the birth of some very interesting characters. Does it say anywhere which planets were destroyed? All of them were members of the Republic if I recall.

Planets of the Hosnian system, most prominently, Hosnian Prime

Call Me Daddy

Call Me Daddy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 0 posts

I mean I'm not really thinking specifically that far ahead. None of you would be blowing up death stars anytime soon, so doubtful anything you do would effect the actual canon for awhile at least. I'll get to that when I get to that.

Also exactly what pizhhh said. starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hosnian_system This entire system was destroyed.

@Everyone: Sorry for the delay. I was meeting with recruiters and had quite the busy day. I'm tired now and will sleep but expect some things to be put up promptly after I work out tomorrow.

yousittfdown.gif?w=549

Jod

Jod

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts

working on some kind of space swashbuckler, will have it up soonish (read; by saturday)

qEZtZafl.png

I AM HE. HE AM ME. ME IS HE

Shmuser Name

Shmuser Name

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNJ, The States

Is...he/she...going to be a...lowlife?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6m4wblXiis​

Jod

Jod

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts

I actually clicked on that link ..... @.@. But yes she will be a Mandalorian Pirate with the most swag

qEZtZafl.png

I AM HE. HE AM ME. ME IS HE

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

I mean I'm not really thinking specifically that far ahead. None of you would be blowing up death stars anytime soon, so doubtful anything you do would effect the actual canon for awhile at least. I'll get to that when I get to that.

Also exactly what pizhhh said. starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hosnian_system This entire system was destroyed.

@Everyone: Sorry for the delay. I was meeting with recruiters and had quite the busy day. I'm tired now and will sleep but expect some things to be put up promptly after I work out tomorrow.

I'm probably pushing it (I keep promising myself I wouldn't join anymore new RPs and keep to the ones im already in) but the whole space adventure is making me seriously interested. I was in a space adventure kind of RP but that one ended quite abruptly (not like it matter since it was going to end anyways since the GM was going to basic) but ya know.

Anyways, will star wars knowledge (err watching any of the movies) be necessary for joining the rp? Some RPs based off of movies or series require you to be overly familiar with them, so figured I'd ask. I've only watched portions of'em (the prequel trilogy) but never a whole movie. Was tempted to make one of the evil alignment but wanted to make sure before deciding to make an attempt (since working on a background might be difficult with no star wars knowledge).

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

You can probably just treat this like a normal Space RP, X. But with Space wizards aka. Jedi.

I doubt you'll need to know the intricacies of the New Republic's political climate. >.<

Though, if you'd like to know that, it would be quite an easy lesson considering the entire thing pretty much just went up in space flames. Literally.

Edited by Unbelievably Majestic, 14 January 2016 - 03:15 PM.

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

You can probably just treat this like a normal Space RP, X. But with Space wizards aka. Jedi.

I doubt you'll need to know the intricacies of the New Republic's political climate. >.<

Though, if you'd like to know that, it would be quite an easy lesson considering the entire thing pretty much just went up in space flames. Literally.

Are all the races/species on that wiki he mentioned, canon? I've been eyeing these 2 races (homanans and felacations) but since I'm clueless to the star wars universe, I'm not sure if they're canon races or (if they were) still exist. Also not sure which species or planets are still alive or have been obliterated. Also wasn't sure if abilitie like the homanans were ok or not (if they're real).

Edited by I-Am-X, 14 January 2016 - 03:33 PM.

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

I dunno. But if it's on the wiki CMD linked it's probably a safe bet they'll consider them a part of this universe. More up to CMD's preferences though I guess on players being a shape-shifter or hulky-werecat or whatever.

As for planets the wiki will surely say if it was destroyed. It'd take no mention of it to mean it hasn't gone the way of the dodo.

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!
Can you start with 10 points in force sensitivity?

tumblr_o3sndbSAhX1qctrupo2_500.gif

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

Call Me Daddy

Call Me Daddy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 0 posts

I'm probably pushing it (I keep promising myself I wouldn't join anymore new RPs and keep to the ones im already in) but the whole space adventure is making me seriously interested. I was in a space adventure kind of RP but that one ended quite abruptly (not like it matter since it was going to end anyways since the GM was going to basic) but ya know.

Anyways, will star wars knowledge (err watching any of the movies) be necessary for joining the rp? Some RPs based off of movies or series require you to be overly familiar with them, so figured I'd ask. I've only watched portions of'em (the prequel trilogy) but never a whole movie. Was tempted to make one of the evil alignment but wanted to make sure before deciding to make an attempt (since working on a background might be difficult with no star wars knowledge).

You can join without prior knowledge. Just hmu for questions.

Can you start with 10 points in force sensitivity?

No. I'm not doing the whole Anakin Skywalker thing stronger in the force thing. At least not to begin with. I may let people allot points into later if they already have it, but for now I prefer not to think about it.

@People: Sorry about the other delay. Met with another recruiter of a different branch. Have been rather busy with that.

yousittfdown.gif?w=549

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!

You can join without prior knowledge. Just hmu for questions.

No. I'm not doing the whole Anakin Skywalker thing stronger in the force thing. At least not to begin with. I may let people allot points into later if they already have it, but for now I prefer not to think about it.

@People: Sorry about the other delay. Met with another recruiter of a different branch. Have been rather busy with that.

Okay, no worries.

Different branch though? Looking to join the military?

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

Call Me Daddy

Call Me Daddy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 0 posts

Okay, no worries.

Different branch though? Looking to join the military?

Indeed. Army or Marines so far. Met with Army recruiter a few nights ago and Marine recruiter last night. I need a good kick in the ass. Plus anything that helps me pay through college is a must.

Going through the entire list to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Spoiler

Some small changes to make and you're good. These are your talents.

Skilled Cook (2 TP) - This character knows how to prepare food rather well. Gives the character the ability to cook food, improve upon any food's taste, recognize food that was tampered with or poisoned, and create exotic yet delicious dishes.

Skilled Pistol Marksman (2 TP) - This character knows how to wield a pistol or revolver with impressive skill. Gives the character the ability to draw a pistol incredibly quickly, shoot with deadly accuracy, use any form of simple handheld firearms, and reload incredibly fast.

Skilled Thief (2 TP) - This character is skilled in the art of taking things from others without being noticed. Gives the character the ability to pickpocket unnoticed most of the time, notice the valuables on a character that the examine, lockpick with a moderate success rate, and hide stolen items very efficiently. Also gives basic stealth skill.

Skilled Observer (2 TP) - This character knows how to examine an area. Gives the character the ability to overhear important information with increased success, notice ticks and foul play more efficiently, understand someone's intentions more efficiently, and look into another character's inventory from afar. Also gives basic understand of situations as a whole.

Skilled Enforcer (2 TP) - This character knows how to enter a room. Gives the character the ability to kick down most simple doors, perform advanced feats of hacking to shut down security systems, and lockpick most any door with a lock.

First time roleplaying.

Spoiler

Donnee!

Just double checking. Still looks perfectly fine.

Tweak'd. :3

Spoiler

Looking good. Just a double check.

WIP post, I'll have my response here:

Name: Xendo-Zha

Race: Draethos

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Appearance: Average height; Lean, strong musculature; Eggplant-purple skin tone with lighter undertone of navy-blue pigmentation; Cyberbetic left eye with a sapphire-colored iris and a natural right eye with a dark-gray colored iris; Pink scar going diagonally down his face beginning from the upper-lid of his left eye down to the edge of his right nostril

Personality: Has high morals, very dutiful, tendency to be hedonistic, has low tolerance for evil, sly

Background:

Xendo Zha was born on Draethos, and was raised in an environment where the strong survived. He was a very good hunter and fighter, yet he did not make an attempt to be more than what he could be, and thus he was exiled off of the home-world due to his pacifist approach to problems rather than resolving them in the traditional Draethos fashion. Xendo-Zha became a police officer, and soon an excellent Security officer for a rather large business on Boz Pity. Being so close to Hutt Space, he handled the threats of Hutt factions for many long years. He did not seem to remember much of the Republic, being an adolescent at the time of the Empire's rise to power. After joining the police force on one of Boz Pity's cities after becoming an adult, Xendo-Zha realized that the corruption he saw was beginning to disillusion him. Therefore, he left and became a contractor, and was quickly picked up by a modest, but important corporation to behave as a security officer for their VIPs. He worked there for a good amount of time, and when the Empire fell the economic backlash on the Galactic economy caused him to lose his job. However, Xendo-Zha was allowed, through special merit, to be allowed back into a police position due to his connections and favors accumulated through the many years he had worked. He now was stationed on Coruscant, and was often looked up as an unofficial leader by his fellow officers. A new Galactic war was raging now. Being an experienced fighter and negotiator, Xendo-Zha was prepared for whatever the horizon brought. He had combated gangsters of both the criminal kind and the corporate kind, and had survived two Galactic Wars.

Faction: Neutral

Stats: (45 Stat Points upon Character Creation. Keep the total amount of your points here. Yes I shamelessly stole the Fallout stats.)

• Strength - (8)

• Agility - (6)

• Intelligence - (5)

• Perception - (6)

• Charisma - (9)

• Endurance - (6)

• Luck - (5)

Talents:

Draethos Telepathy: Race talent, one-way telepathic communication, no mind-reading.

Draethos Low-Light Vision: Race talent, can see better in the dark than other species

Hand-to-Hand Combat: Star Wars version of Pencak Silat Mastery from all those years training and fighting any number of enemies in almost every environment.

4 TP !!! (Can't invest 4 TP. It's brackets of 1 --> 2 --> 3 --> 5. Unless I say otherwise, that's the general talent tree for most anything.

Cyborg Marksmanship: As a security officer and police officer, you need to be able to spot a threat and drop it quickly and accurately, and those years of training have helped Xendo-Zha hone his shot. Possessing a cybernetic eye also helps in looking through objects and and looking longer distances. He can operate mostly all hand-guns and blaster rifles, no heavy equipment training though.

3 TP

Threat Sentinel: Xendo-Zha spent many years protecting and serving. He also spent many years ensuring he'd get paid. If people die, he loses either way. Fortunately, Xendo-Zha generates the most aggro in a fight, unfortunately he generates the most aggro in a fight. 

2 TP

Bugged: Xendo-Zha's cybernetic eye, if connected to a mainframe of cameras, can see from every single one of their perspectives.

Personal Weapons: Blaster Rifle, Heavy Blaster Pistol

Starships/Vehicles: Police Squad Hover-Car

Inventory: Police ID, Body Armor, Tactical Helmet

Spoiler

Credits: 5000 Credits 

Just gotta add or subtract a TP from hand to hand.

Draethos Telepathy (Free) - Race talent. One-way telepathic communication. No mind reading.

Draethos Low-Light Vision (Free) - Race talent. Ability to see more efficiently in the dark.

Master Cyborg Marksmanship (3 TP) - This character is enhanced by cybernetics when calculating and performing feats of accuracy. Gives the character the ability to use most any weapon with deadly accuracy, increases accuracy with all melee weapons, increases how far the user may see, gives thermal vision, and basic night vision.

Threat Sentinel (2 TP) - This character is a front lines fights and a terror to others. This unique skill makes the user generate more aggression than usual from most enemies and they will attack him first. The bonus is doubled while wearing an officer's uniform. The bonus is quadrupled while wearing an officer's uniform in a lawless zone such as the outer rim planets.

Cybernetic Interface (1 TP) - This character has the capability to link up to other machine systems. Gives the character the ability to see through the cameras of a security system, control automated turret systems, and override autopilot commands when linked up onto a ship. (Cannot bypass manual piloting.)

yousittfdown.gif?w=549

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!
Ah. If you had any questions about the USAF, I could help you. I'm 9 years enlisted Air Force. Just found out I'm getting my promotion to E-6. So, if you wanted to know anything about the branch I'm in, I'd be happy to answer them!

What is your opinion on the use of synthetic crystals? ^^;

Also. I'm REALLY into the Star Wars extended universe, so I can help if you want!

Edited by The Hawk's Eye, 14 January 2016 - 08:00 PM.

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler