Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Star Wars: A New Resistance [OOC]

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Call Me Daddy

Call Me Daddy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 0 posts

2cq16ys.jpg

Introduction

Spoiler

Character Sheet

Spoiler

Factions

Spoiler

Talents

Spoiler

Stats

Spoiler

This is primarily an interest check. I wanted to put the information here for players to see and to scheme. More will be added within the next 24 hours. Main plot points for individual characters will be discussed via private message. I have plans set up already, but if someone decides to make the super special awesome loner Han Solo clone and just fly around space saying "LEL FUCK DA POLICE", then I'd have to tweak things.

Long story short, a plot section will be put up once I receive completed character sheets. Another thing to note is that I will only be accepting a preliminary 6 characters. First come first served. Family relations and connections between player characters encouraged. Private Message me ASAP to get a head start on character creation.

Edited by Call Me Daddy, 10 January 2016 - 06:31 PM.

yousittfdown.gif?w=549

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationRiding the back of the Great A'tuin.

Looks pretty good to me.

Question: How much would the Luck stat actually affect things outside of ties in combat?

Edited by Unbelievably Majestic, 10 January 2016 - 05:16 PM.

Call Me Daddy

Call Me Daddy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 0 posts

Looks pretty good to me.

Question: How much would the Luck stat actually affect things outside of ties in combat?

Luck would effect quite a few things. It's just less on the surface of things. A good example of luck would be Han Solo. Throughout the series he's constantly succeeding due to luck. One such example was the asteroid field where their luck to do it was about 1 to 3100 or something. Obviously he mixed it with his piloting skill, but there are tons of things that luck effects. In episode 1 a bigger fish ate the fish following Qui Gon and Obi Wan. It effects things like meetings of happenstance and being pushed into potential plots through one way or another.

yousittfdown.gif?w=549

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Okay, so it affects a fair bit. Nice.

Can we actually go past 10 in the stats on this? Or is it 10 the max, like Fallout?

Edited by Unbelievably Majestic, 10 January 2016 - 05:43 PM.

Call Me Daddy

Call Me Daddy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 0 posts

Okay, so it affects a fair bit. Nice.

Can we actually go past 10 in the stats on this? Or is it 10 the max, like Fallout?

You can go as high in the stats as you want. There is no particular limit.

Updated the CS to include credits and inventory items.

yousittfdown.gif?w=549

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Need to decide on Talents. But other than that, here's my CS.

Spoiler

Call Me Daddy

Call Me Daddy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 0 posts

Need to decide on Talents. But other than that, here's my CS.

Spoiler

Very nice! I'm loving the picture! Once your talents are completed I'll throw in some extra information among other things for your character. ^^

yousittfdown.gif?w=549

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra

Batoto doesn't get enough newcomers, so just dropping by to say good luck with this! Unfortunately, I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan so I probably won't be joining.

a6f4b732-ee1c-43f9-a007-079ff2b01822_zps

"The sun is new each day."

Peng

Peng

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Edit: I apologive for being shameless. 

I'll try my best to learn.

I might pop in,

but this is my first time playing and I hardly know anything.

It will be great if you can link me some vital information and stuff if Neccessary

Oh lol I don't even watch star wars or star trek. 

Spoiler

Edited by Peng, 18 January 2016 - 01:00 PM.

Shmuser Name

Shmuser Name

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNJ, The States

Yeah, Peng, that is pretty shameless. Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to drive people away. That app of yours is considered a WIP, so why not next time put "WIP"(work in progress) and then leave things blank, it's safe to do so.

I'm looking for an alien race I'd like to play as.

So far, the furry and cute ones or the ones with horns or tentacles on their heads appeal to me the most. However, I really do want to be more than "that cute, little furry alien that can do much bigger things" or the "I am basically a human but I have horns or tentacles on my head" type of character.

I even had a great image of a sci-fi military girl to use as a character for a Sci-Fi RPG but Joker beat me to it! The salt is real. Still, not everyday you get to be an alien.

WIP

Name: Xendo-Zha

Race: Draethos

Alignment: Lawful

Appearance: Average height; Lean, strong musculature; Eggplant-purple skin tone with lighter undertone of navy-blue pigmentation; Cyberbetic left eye with a sapphire-colored iris and a natural right eye with a dark-gray colored iris; Pink scar going diagonally down his face beginning from the upper-lid of his left eye down to the edge of his right nostril

Personality: Has high morals, very dutiful, tendency to be hedonistic, has low tolerance for evil, sly

Background: Xendo-Zha was an excellent Security officer for a rather large business on Boz Pity. Being so close to Hutt Space, he handled the threats of Hutt factions for many long years. He did not seem to remember much of the Republic, being an adolescent at the time of the Empire's rise to power. After joining the police force on one of Boz Pity's cities after becoming an adult, Xendo-Zha realized that the corruption he saw was beginning to disillusion him. Therefore, he left and became a contractor, and was quickly picked up by a modest, but important corporation to behave as a security officer for their VIPs. He worked there for a good amount of time, and when the Empire fell the economic backlash on the Galactic economy caused him to lose his job. However, Xendo-Zha was allowed, through special merit, to be allowed back into the police force through his connections and favors, this time in a new city where the corruption was much more regulated. Yet, a new Galactic war was raging now. Being an experienced fighter and negotiator, Xendo-Zha was prepared for whatever the horizon brought. He had combated gangsters of both the criminal kind and the corporate kind, and had survived two Galactic Wars.

Faction: Neutral

Stats: (45 Stat Points upon Character Creation. Keep the total amount of your points here. Yes I shamelessly stole the Fallout stats.)

• Strength - (8)

• Agility - (6)

• Intelligence - (5)

• Perception - (6)

• Charisma - (9)

• Endurance - (6)

• Luck - (5)

Talents:

Draethos Telepathy: Race talent, one-way telepathic communication, no mind-reading

Hand-to-Hand Combat: Star Wars version of Pencak Silat Mastery from all those years training and fighting any number of enemies in almost every environment

[/spoiler]​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkEEGidt9GY[/spoiler]

Cyborg Marksmanship: As a security officer and police officer, you need to be able to spot a threat and drop it quickly and accurately, and those years of training have helped Xendo-Zha hone his shot. Possessing a cybernetic eye also helps in looking through objects and and looking longer distances. He can operate mostly all hand-guns and blaster rifles, no heavy equipment training though.

Threat Sentinel: Xendo-Zha spent many years protecting and serving. He also spent many years ensuring he'd get paid. If people die, he loses either way. Fortunately, Xendo-Zha generates the most aggro in a fight, unfortunately he generates the most aggro in a fight.

Bugged: Xendo-Zha's cybernetic eye, if connected to a mainframe of cameras, can see from every single one of their perspectives.

Personal Weapons: Blaster Rifle, Heavy Blaster Pistol

Starships/Vehicles: Police Squad Hover-Car

Inventory: Police ID, Body Armor, Tactical Helmet

Spoiler

Credits: 

Edited by Shmuser Name, 12 January 2016 - 01:27 PM.

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

@Peng: Such super shameless stealing suits you sir.

@Shmuser: Ooops. Well at least you get to make a cool alien version of mad-eye moody. :3

I'm not going the badass fighter route though, so we'd probably be different enough if you wanted to be a military woman.

pizhhh

pizhhh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,029 posts
  • Locationin jail
First time roleplaying.

Spoiler

Donnee!

Edited by pizhhh, 12 January 2016 - 04:49 PM.

Call Me Daddy

Call Me Daddy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 0 posts

I'll be looking through each CS shortly. For those of you who need information, use this site.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

yousittfdown.gif?w=549

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Finished CS with Talents and stuff added.

Spoiler

Call Me Daddy

Call Me Daddy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 0 posts

I'm going to be pretty thorough with everything so bear with me people. Apologies if I tear you a new asshole.

Finished CS with Talents and stuff added.

Spoiler

Your talents.

Force Sensitive (6 TP) - This character has the capability to use the force.

Sleight of Hand (1 TP) - This character knows how to perform incredible maneuvers with their hands. Gives the character the ability to distract and steal objects without being noticed.  Also gives the ability to draw small or concealed weapons quickly.

Master Con Artist (3 TP) - This character knows how to swindle people into doing most anything. Gives the ability to convincingly lie to almost any other character, talk down most any aggressive enemy, deflect blame onto others more effectively, coerce others to become your ally, efficiently pretend to be another individual, and identify another character's inventory.

Put these in and you're accepted. I may or may not give out character specific talents once I have every accepted character.

You are accepted. 

First time roleplaying.

Spoiler

Your talents.

.Master Starship Pilot (3 TP) - This character knows how to pilot almost any starship. Gives the ability to pilot starships with high proficiency, pull off advanced combat maneuvers while piloting a starship, recognize outputs of starship systems, efficiently use starship weapon systems, dodge incoming enemy starship attacks, and avoid obstacles. Also gives basic knowledge of  starship capabilities. 

Skilled Starship Mechanic (2 TP) - This character knows how to perform upkeep on starships and keep them running smoothly. Gives the character the ability to repair all starships, upgrade most starship capabilities, immediately find problems any most starship's machinery/systems, redirect power to other systems of a starship, and understand most starship capabilities at a glance.

Skilled Droid Mechanic (2 TP) - This character knows how to perform upkeep on droids and keep them running smoothly as well as construct them. Gives the character the ability to repair droids, upgrade droid abilities, immediately find problems with any droid's machinery/systems, construct droids when the parts to do so are available, reprogram most droids, and understand binary.

Navigation (1 TP) - This character knows how to find their way. Gives the character the ability to navigate basic planetary maps and galactic maps.

Haggle (1 TP) - This character knows how to drive down a price. Gives the character the ability to more efficiently drive down the prices at any shopping center or vendor. Also reduces Daddy's Emporium prices by 10%.

Singing (1 TP)  This character knows how to perform with their voice. Gives the character the ability to put a calming effect on those who hear their singing and the ability to gather a crowd more effectively with music.

Your ship. (Put this under vehicles.)

Starship Name: N/A (Unearned/Not Named)

Starship Model: VCX-113

Class: Light Freighter

Weapons: N/A (Built in gun was stripped), <Open Slot>, <Open Slot>, <Open Slot>, <Open Slot>

Crew: 1 Pilot, 1 Co-Pilot, 1 Gunner, 5 Passengers

Hyperdrive: No (In need of replacement Hyperdrive Propulsion System)

Shields: No (In need of Shielding Unit)

Systems: Life Support, <Open Slot>, <Open Slot>, <Open Slot>

Rooms: Vik's Room, <Unoccupied>, <Unoccupied>, <Unoccupied>, <Unoccupied>, <Unoccupied>, <Unoccupied>, <Unoccupied>

It's important to note that I gave you a rather good ship. By "good" ship, I made it not incredibly small. This (in the Star Wars universe) is the next series in line from the well known YT-1300f (the same model as the Millenium Falcon). I made it a VCX-113 instead of a VCX-100 just so you could give reasons to say why exactly this ship has a few tweaks here and there to match your preference. Maybe it has an extra room or another systems slot or a holding area for a shuttle ship (I would recommend that as you could potentially store a small fighter class starship there.) Just take it up with me first.

The drawback that I gave you was the lack of shields and hyperdrive and the built in gun. This is what you will probably end up dumping your credits into. A lot of potential to be a great vessel, but I stripped it down. Let's see if you can make it up to snuff.

Here's a link to the model of ship. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/VCX-100_light_freighter

As for the rooms, these are not just all bedrooms. You could easily fashion them into a medbay or honestly anything else you turn them into. Ask me for how much everything will cost and I can give you a rough idea of what you're gonna need to make this baby into a monster and earn a nick name.

On another note, this is important to you in particular. There will be a "Daddy's Emporium" section soon enough. It will feature things that you can use your character's credits to get outside the game. Think of it as a special offers kind of thing. Featured there will be ship parts/systems and a variety of other trinkets. I'll try to put it up ASAP and give you an idea.

This is a lot so let me know if you have any questions. There may very well be a thing or two even I didn't think of.

Yeah, Peng, that is pretty shameless. Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to drive people away. That app of yours is considered a WIP, so why not next time put "WIP"(work in progress) and then leave things blank, it's safe to do so.

I'm looking for an alien race I'd like to play as.

So far, the furry and cute ones or the ones with horns or tentacles on their heads appeal to me the most. However, I really do want to be more than "that cute, little furry alien that can do much bigger things" or the "I am basically a human but I have horns or tentacles on my head" type of character.

I even had a great image of a sci-fi military girl to use as a character for a Sci-Fi RPG but Joker beat me to it! The salt is real. Still, not everyday you get to be an alien.

WIP

Spoiler

TBD WIP.

Edit: I apologive for being shameless. 

I'll try my best to learn.

I might pop in,

but this is my first time playing and I hardly know anything.

It will be great if you can link me some vital information and stuff if Neccessary

Oh lol I don't even watch star wars or star trek. 

Spoiler

TBD momentarily.

Edited by Call Me Daddy, 11 January 2016 - 09:35 PM.

yousittfdown.gif?w=549

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Tweak'd. :3

Spoiler

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!
O.o

I'm not able to join but jolly good show! If I had the time I'd join (I LOVE Star Wars) but impending baby prevents me from doing so. Best of luck and welcome!!

tumblr_o3sndbSAhX1qctrupo2_500.gif

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

Call Me Daddy

Call Me Daddy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 0 posts

pizhhh's character sheet has been checked in my earlier post. Problems with it are in red in the quote and things to add to the CS are what I posted underneath. Your character is accepted and I even put quite a bit extra for you.

yousittfdown.gif?w=549

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
(Because you have an actual occupation and are not in debt like that silly Iara, you start with 1000 Credits.)

How rude.

pizhhh

pizhhh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,029 posts
  • Locationin jail

he's just a regular R2 unit colored yellow. I just used the designation 1ST-M8 as a play on "First Mate".

I'll complete the edit of my CS later when I get home.