Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Tower of God Season 2 Chapter 164

Tower of God Tower of God the internet here sucks

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

Corpse

Corpse

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 327 posts

Try reading the chapter while listening to "Michael White - Try to Survive" or "Crazyx, Drage - War of Gods"

Edited by Corpse, 23 August 2015 - 02:30 PM.

img000028.jpg

Ja Wangnan

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts
  • LocationIn the Bato.cave.

This current story arc is shaping up to pretty much being "The strange case of Dr. Hoaquin and Mr. White" or something along those lines, isn't it?

Edited by God of LoL, 23 August 2015 - 02:30 PM.

kfi6l.jpg

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

I don't want to jump the gun, but I think we're settling into classic SIU.

Spoiler

If that were Yuri up in the chair then Hoaqin and all his allies would already be smashed into paste and Baam would be slung over a shoulder getting dragged away to the nearest hotel right now. It's probably not her.

Mr. Alien

Mr. Alien

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 441 posts

Either the Thorn or Ryun through Guide telepathy, like the one Evan showed back in the Submerged Fish.

Then seeing Bam's reaction its probably Ryun

Practice Compassion.

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts

If that were Yuri up in the chair then Hoaqin and all his allies would already be smashed into paste and Baam would be slung over a shoulder getting dragged away to the nearest hotel right now. It's probably not her.

Who knows, she might want a date first.

kfi6l.jpg

Augusgus

Augusgus

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 204 posts

Interesting that this apparent Hoaqin #2 was not sealed like Hoaqin #1. Maybe because he is not so much a psycho but rather an arrogant ass like Koon?

Any guess on who the guy could be that stopped the fight between them? A High Ranker? 

Also, the person in the chair seems to have a brown moustache

Posted Image

Grincourt

Grincourt

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationItaly
I don't see why so many people want Yuri and Baam to meet again. To be honest, I don't see why she's so obsessed with him. She talked to him for a whole five minutes.

Couch Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 3,043 posts

I like the idea that Hoaqin is one of White's fragments and joining together with the other fragments (like the one Wangnan and Yihwa just met) is the way to resurrect. It would be really interesting if that actually happened and we have a High Ranker showdown for once. I guess everything is pointing in that direction now that the Director appeared and that we are all expecting Yuri to show up at some point.

The opinions expressed by this user are solely their own and do not express the views of Batoto and its staff.

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

I don't see why so many people want Yuri and Baam to meet again. To be honest, I don't see why she's so obsessed with him. She talked to him for a whole five minutes.

Because he's Baam. Honestly, it doesn't seem to be a lot more complex than that. He's won over other people within the same amount of time.

DarkPrince

DarkPrince

Cute Potato

• Members
  • 4,800 posts
  • Location「Between Brackets」

Current theory; There are five shards of Hoaquin, one for each letter of his true name "White".

So far we've only seen "H"oaquin, leaving us with other four, each with an exaggerated part of his personality.

This one is the scholar/gentleman. I assume he's "E".

So there's no Joaquin?

And was that conductor sleeping all this time when Rachel and co. stole the train?

Or did he just not give a damn? And if so, why does he now?

I T ' S   O N L Y   F U N   I F   T H E Y   R U N

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

I like the idea that Hoaqin is one of White's fragments and joining together with the other fragments (like the one Wangnan and Yihwa just met) is the way to resurrect. It would be really interesting if that actually happened and we have a High Ranker showdown for once. I guess everything is pointing in that direction now that the Director appeared and that we are all expecting Yuri to show up at some point.

I doubt we'll get that, if Poken or Karaka waiting somewhere, then Yuri might deal those, and we may never see complete Hoaqin because the reason he was made this weak might be to match Baam.

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

I don't see why so many people want Yuri and Baam to meet again.

But, to answer this question properly for myself. I want her to meet Baam again because she's one of the very few people who possesses both the will and the ability to actually pull him out of the FUG sinkhole that he doesn't seem able to escape on his own. Mazino is potentially another, but exactly how far he would be willing to go for the kid is a lot dicier than it is with Yuri. I very much want to see Baam turn the page to a new chapter of his story.

Edited by Lester, 23 August 2015 - 02:44 PM.

Grincourt

Grincourt

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationItaly

But, to answer this question properly for myself. I want her to meet Baam again because she's one of the very few people who possesses both the will and the ability to actually pull him out of the FUG sinkhole that he doesn't seem able to escape on his own. Mazino is potentially another, but exactly how far he would be willing to go for the kid is a lot dicier than it is with Yuri. I very much want to see Baam turn the page to a new chapter of his story.

She can't really do anything. She's a princess of zahard. What will happen when someone finds out she's helping a slayer candidate who just happens to be an irregular.

Besides FUG isn't going anywhere, SIU already said that they're going to be here for the long run.

Edited by Grincourt, 23 August 2015 - 02:46 PM.

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts

So there's no Joaquin?

Well, I gave him the title of Jekyll, so there's your reference to Joaquin.

And was that conductor sleeping all this time when Rachel and co. stole the train?

Or did he just not give a damn? And if so, why does he now?

It's not like he didn't know where the train was going to be next.

I mean, it's a train. Even if it can fly, it really doesn't have many places to go other than from point A to point B.

It's not really something to make a fuss out of.

She can't really do anything. She's a princess of zahard. What will happen when someone finds out she's helping a slayer candidate who just happens to be an irregular.

Besides FUG isn't going anywhere, SIU already said that they're going to be here for the long run.

She's securing an asset for the empire by depriving FUG their only means of ever claiming the throne from his majesty.

kfi6l.jpg

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

Then I'm just going to have to hope he changes his mind on that point. This particular plot thread has already been stale for real-time years. There are so many other people to meet and groups to explore.

death2boredom

death2boredom

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,096 posts

So its not really a sword technique but a Shinsoo technique huh. The ability to manipulate a certain area of space at will would be an interesting ability, its sort of like a weird psychic ability.

The train director's eyes look like a typical cyborg eye, guess he/she is actually a part of the train itself. Along with that ability to simply move ticketers to wherever they want to I can see why Hoaquin would have trouble on his own if he has to go through the director.

Spoiler

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

Fug guys use this phrase ''i wonder how will the guys above or send you will react'' a lot.

Reflejjo to Baam when he was tied up.

Hwa Ryun to Reflejjo when she was distracting him.

And now Hoaqin.

Grincourt

Grincourt

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationItaly

She's securing an asset for the empire by depriving FUG their only means of ever claiming the throne from his majesty.

Will the RED see it like that ? I highly doubt it. To them they'll see it as treason. She already could've got in trouble if it was proven that she helped Anak but an irregular slayer would be ten time worse.

Besides do to really think they'll let him stay alive ?

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

So its not really a sword technique but a Shinsoo technique huh. The ability to manipulate a certain area of space at will would be an interesting ability, its sort of like a weird psychic ability.

And also one that Baam can potentially hijack and turn against Hoaqin with the Thorn, if what we saw it do against Reflejo is any indication. But, if it is a shinsoo skill, then how is it damaging Baam at all? Is his ridiculous, Yuri Zahard-class shinsoo resistance just something that SIU forgets about whenever it suits his purposes?

Couch Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 3,043 posts

I doubt we'll get that, if Poken or Karaka waiting somewhere, then Yuri might deal those, and we may never see complete Hoaqin because the reason he was made this weak might be to match Baam.

I just don't see how else the story could progress. Now that the Director has summoned them, he will either interfere or he will leave them to their devices which will eventually progress into White resurrecting. Why? Because Baam and co stand no chance against more than one shard.

The opinions expressed by this user are solely their own and do not express the views of Batoto and its staff.