Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Tower of God Season 2 Chapter 164

Tower of God Tower of God the internet here sucks

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts
  • LocationIn the Bato.cave.

So its not really a sword technique but a Shinsoo technique huh. The ability to manipulate a certain area of space at will would be an interesting ability, its sort of like a weird psychic ability.

The train director's eyes look like a typical cyborg eye, guess he/she is actually a part of the train itself. Along with that ability to simply move ticketers to wherever they want to I can see why Hoaquin would have trouble on his own if he has to go through the director.

Chorokinesis, in my opinion, is one of the most broken abilities in fiction.

I mean, once you've mastered this and its sister power Chronokinesis, what's left? You're essentially all-powerful.

To see such omnipotent power in the employment of essentially undodgeable attacks is rather... creative...?

kfi6l.jpg

DarkPrince

DarkPrince

Cute Potato

• Members
  • 4,800 posts
  • Location「Between Brackets」

It's not like he didn't know where the train was going to be next.

I mean, it's a train. Even if it can fly, it really doesn't have many places to go other than from point A to point B.

It's not really something to make a fuss out of.

But the dude's INSIDE the freaking train! D:

I T ' S   O N L Y   F U N   I F   T H E Y   R U N

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts

And also one that Baam can potentially hijack and turn against Hoaqin with the Thorn, if what we saw it do against Reflejo is any indication. But, if it is a shinsoo skill, then how is it damaging Baam at all? Is his ridiculous, Yuri Zahard-class shinsoo resistance just something that SIU forgets about whenever it suits his purposes?

He's manipulating space to attack him with a rod of steel longer than most spears.

I don't see how Shinsoo resistance is going to help when you get a sword in the face.

But the dude's INSIDE the freaking train! D:

Meaning that the train was never truly stolen to begin with.

kfi6l.jpg

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

Of course it wasn't. These Regulars could never actually pull off something like that. Free flying though they might think they are, anything and everything they do is still confined within that larger cage overseen by the higher-ups.

Grincourt

Grincourt

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationItaly
Yura : isn't he beautiful :D

* Hoaqin looking like a psycho *

Koon: Bitch what's wrong with your eyes.

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts

Of course it wasn't. These Regulars could never actually pull off something like that. Free flying though they might think they are, anything and everything they do is still confined within that larger cage overseen by the higher-ups.

Which brings another question on the plate;

...WHO STEALS A TRAIN?!

She's Lucy al'ight.

kfi6l.jpg

Fishcake

Fishcake

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationLost in the forest of the 77th floor

I thought we were all on board that the conductor is in on the train steal plan lol

Also, this supposed other part of Hoaquin is adorable. Like Ran at the after party adorable. The other half is just a trap >_>

DarkPrince

DarkPrince

Cute Potato

• Members
  • 4,800 posts

They hijacked it with him.

It's as if he doesn't really care. But he stopped them from fighting now so that doesn't make sense either.

Maybe he really was sleeping all this time and Hatchuling's attack on the train woke him up.

I thought we were all on board that the conductor is in on the train steal plan lol

Also, this supposed other part of Hoaquin is adorable. Like Ran at the after party adorable. The other half is just a trap >_>

Ahhhh, right!

He's a fan of Yura. How could I have forgotten D:

You know, with his red eyes and all, it might make sense for him to be a Ha too.

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts

It's as if he doesn't really care. But he stopped them from fighting now so that doesn't make sense either.

WHY WOULD HE CARE?! IT'S A TRAIN!! IT CAN'T GO ANYWHERE!!

ALL THEY DID IS START IT EARLY!!

Maybe he really was sleeping all this time and Hatchuling's attack on the train woke him up.

I think he was more worried about his retirement plan being blown to bits by some meddling kids and their fight.

Ahhhh, right!

Told you.

B*tch, you forget my birthday, of course you'd forget he's a fan of Yura!

I'm still waiting on that trip to the Bahamas.

kfi6l.jpg

death2boredom

death2boredom

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,096 posts

Then I'm just going to have to hope he changes his mind on that point. This particular plot thread has already been stale for real-time years. There are so many other people to meet and groups to explore.

You really think so? The only interesting people I can think of are the 10 Family heads and whoever made the Tower. Everyone else might as well be FUG, cause they're delusional idiots that know nothing about the world they all live in. Even with the guys in Wolhaiksong it would just be a different variety of idiots that we've kind of already seen from their little appearances scattered throughout the story.

So yea, imo, it doesn't matter if the characters we see are from FUG or not. All that matters is their backstories and motivations along with whatever cool battles they drag the main characters into. Because outside of that they really have nothing to offer. The only characters that would be really different and can tell us what we really want to know won't show up until the time is right.

If SIU was actually making this a story about climbing The Tower, maybe we could get some interesting stuff from The Guardians/Administrators and The Tower itself, but this is clearly more a story about interpersonal conflict and politics. So yea, obviously something like FUG, which is a group of disgruntled revolutionaries, is going to be a main focus. Without FUG we'd still be getting these kinds of people, they'd just be less organized. In S1 we knew nothing of FUG, but Ho, Ajumma Serena, and Anak still gave us stories that I'm sure FUG members would also give.

But then again, this is just what I see in this story. If you really think there are some groups or peoples who would be so very different from what we get from FUG then I'd like to hear about them and why you think they would be different.

Edited by death2boredom, 23 August 2015 - 03:18 PM.

Spoiler

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

I just don't see how else the story could progress. Now that the Director has summoned them, he will either interfere or he will leave them to their devices which will eventually progress into White resurrecting. Why? Because Baam and co stand no chance against more than one shard.

I agree with you, but then SIU's history of how he usually tries to avoid ranker confrontations, i really can't see it, maybe it's about a time he crosses that line.

Edit: when Hoaqin said he'll take the thorn from him, i really wished for a second there he should.

Edited by salvatore, 23 August 2015 - 03:34 PM.

MrTonyNoname

MrTonyNoname

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts

Personally, I don't really care if TOG's story is about "FUG and Zahard"s' conflict. I really want Baam to start climbing the tower for himself, learn about the world (thus, we reader do as well) and make a choice. I would like to Grace Mirchea Luslec to just let Baam do whatever he wants for now, and the slayers (Karaka, Yama and stuff) to stop messing around with him.

I don't care if the end result is still FUG vs King as long as we get different things  in between. There are so many more things we could learn about this world and the system. This is wasting so much potential.

death2boredom

death2boredom

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,096 posts

Speaking of crazy old Yura. Did anyone else make the connection that Rachael is to Yura's what Urek is to the members of Wolhaiksong? Of course Rachael is no Urek, but it seems her dream to see the stars is compelling enough to at least someone like Yura who has led a sheltered and prepared life within The Tower. In comparison, Baam is more like the complacent residents of The Tower who are fine with living within their confined world with no knowledge of how or why this all came to be so long as they have one source of happiness. Honestly, this is the first time I've though of it like this. I've always been captivated by Baam's sheer devotion and "love" that I failed to realize that he is a bit too small minded. Of course I noticed the inner Yandere beneath the surface, but I never really thought much about how he is really fine with just living his life within a dark cave. Baam really needs help.

Spoiler

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

You really think so? The only interesting people I can think of are the 10 Family heads and whoever made the Tower. Everyone else might as well be FUG, cause they're delusional idiots that know nothing about the world they all live in. Even with the guys in Wolhaiksong it would just be a different variety of idiots that we've kind of already seen from their little appearances scattered throughout the story.

So yea, imo, it doesn't matter if the characters we see are from FUG or not. All that matters is their backstories and motivations along with whatever cool battles they drag the main characters into. Because outside of that they really have nothing to offer. The only characters that would be really different and can tell us what we really want to know won't show up until the time is right.

If SIU was actually making this a story about climbing The Tower, maybe we could get some interesting stuff from The Guardians/Administrators and The Tower itself, but this is clearly more a story about interpersonal conflict and politics. So yea, obviously something like FUG, which is a group of disgruntled revolutionaries, is going to be a main focus. Without FUG we'd still be getting these kinds of people, they'd just be less organized. In S1 we knew nothing of FUG, but Ho, Ajumma Serena, and Anak still gave us stories that I'm sure FUG members would also give.

But then again, this is just what I see in this story. If you really think there are some groups or peoples who would be so very different from what we get from FUG then I'd like to hear about them and why you think they would be different.

I'm not even saying that FUG has to leave the story forever and never be of any relevance again. It'd be nice to have an extended breather from them and their seemingly never-ending agenda of Team Rocket plots. It's suffocating the story. I'd like to see Baam get away from them for a spell and meet some other people. I mean, he simply just does not give a rat's ass about their revolution and thus it becomes quite tiresome to see the whole business constantly shoveled down our throats. Let Rachel become their big hope, if they have to have an Irregular.

DarkPrince

DarkPrince

Cute Potato

• Members
  • 4,800 posts

WHY WOULD HE CARE?! IT'S A TRAIN!! IT CAN'T GO ANYWHERE!!
ALL THEY DID IS START IT EARLY!!
I think he was more worried about his retirement plan being blown to bits by some meddling kids and their fight.
Ahhhh, right!
Told you.
B*tch, you forget my birthday, of course you'd forget he's a fan of Yura!
I'm still waiting on that trip to the Bahamas.

Well, he should care enough about getting into trouble with whatever administration for letting a few Regulars, associated with FUG on top of that, use the Hell Train as their personal transport.

I.. don't get it .-.

Wait. It's your birthday?! D:

death2boredom

death2boredom

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,096 posts

Personally, I don't really care if TOG's story is about "FUG and Zahard"s' conflict. I really want Baam to start climbing the tower for himself, learn about the world (thus, we reader do as well) and make a choice. I would like to Grace Mirchea Luslec to just let Baam do whatever he wants for now, and the slayers (Karaka, Yama and stuff) to stop messing around with him.

I don't care if the end result is still FUG vs King as long as we get different things  in between. There are so many more things we could learn about this world and the system. This is wasting so much potential.

Yes, but what does Baam want? He wants to hold onto every little thing he has that he cares for and drag it back into his dark little cave. Baam is Smeagol! You're asking for SIU and FUG to give Smeagol freedom! In all seriousness though, Baam doesn't care enough to be the one to help us find out more about the TOG world, and I honestly don't feel like we'll find out more about this world until we actually meet Zahard.

I too want to know more about The Tower, but its also clear to me that SIU wants to keep that information for later. Right now this story isn't even about climbing The Tower, its about getting through Zahard's Tower. Really, more than Baam getting away from FUG, I want him to ally with them. I want Baam to realize that part of the reason he's going through so much hell is because of Zahard.

As far as we know, if Zahard and the Family Heads hadn't set up this whole Regular and Ranker system, Baam's story would be far simpler. Rachael would have gotten into The Tower through Baam's power, be rejected by Headon, Headon would then have no reason to even keep her around, Rachael would then either be thrown out for Baam to find/ killed/used as bait to have Baam climb The Tower as it was meant to be climbed until he either succeeds or dies.

Edited by death2boredom, 23 August 2015 - 03:47 PM.

Spoiler

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

Of course I noticed the inner Yandere beneath the surface, but I never really thought much about how he is really fine with just living his life within a dark cave. Baam really needs help.

He's seen the Tower and he prefers his cave. That should be pretty telling as to exactly how poorly he esteems the Tower and the people within it. Hard to blame him either, considering how these folks treat one another. His cave might be a lonely, dark place but at least it's not an open sewer.

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

Speaking of crazy old Yura. Did anyone else make the connection that Rachael is to Yura's what Urek is to the members of Wolhaiksong? Of course Rachael is no Urek, but it seems her dream to see the stars is compelling enough to at least someone like Yura who has led a sheltered and prepared life within The Tower. In comparison, Baam is more like the complacent residents of The Tower who are fine with living within their confined world with no knowledge of how or why this all came to be so long as they have one source of happiness. Honestly, this is the first time I've though of it like this. I've always been captivated by Baam's sheer devotion and "love" that I failed to realize that he is a bit too small minded. Of course I noticed the inner Yandere beneath the surface, but I never really thought much about how he is really fine with just living his life within a dark cave. Baam really needs help.

I am happy he has what everyone else lacks, being satisfied with his life, all this goals, all this ambitions, these people are all just searching the samething, a life they want to be satisfied with, and they might never get it even after they succeed their goal, they might still look for it. 

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

Really, more than Baam getting away from FUG, I want him to ally with them. I want Baam to realize that part of the reason he's going through so much hell is because of Zahard.

No, it's not. The reason he's going through so much hell is because of FUG, who are the ones doing it to him. Zahard is just the excuse they use to justify it, and it rings hollow.

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

Anyone know where Ran and his group are?