Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Subject #1

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
k024_1.jpg

Predictions:

1. Hishiro was Subject #1 by Yoake who failed to pass the test (she went by without making any friends the whole time) I mean why else would she have ever called him by the first name "Ryo" She was socially isolated and Yoake was socially isolated. Her pausing and saying "you can say he's like an acquaintance" (why not just say she talked to him once as a classmate? Why would he ever ask her to call him by his first name if he's supposed to not interfere with the school?) along with the way this was suddenly brought up in the story that was not in a nonchalant matter suggests this. 

2. The pill makes you younger permanently (meaning you don't reverse back, not that you don't age after turning younger) was part of the "lies" that they were talking about. Probably the whole erasing memories thing was a lie too, it sounds too complicated to carry out if you ask me. Giving someone a pill isn't. (yes I know its a manga where people can do anything but you get where I'm coming from)

[Hi Khader!]

Edited by Saphsin, 03 January 2016 - 12:33 AM.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

cluelessleaf

cluelessleaf

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts

Originally I dismissed the idea of Hishiro being Subject #1 because of that time when Arata offered to lend her $10, but with today's release, the Happy New Year's message really stuck me. She's holding a bottle of pills.

So I decided to reread the series and ch 17 gave a lot of support if HIshiro was Subject #1, she "has a habit of speaking formally" and Arata showed this habit as well when he introduced himself. And her lack of connection with people... that would be one of the criteria to be part of the ReLife experiment; that way no one would report you missing and such.

Her failure in first year wouldn't be surprising in that case. Yoake decided to observe and not intervene; HIshiro had problems with making connections since young and it's in her nature(?) not to do so. While for Arata, he was doing good until the incident in the first company; redoing high school is allowing him to go back to the attitude he once had 10 years ago. Hishiro is probably experiencing the same thing - except it's always been like this - reason why she is not successful, during this course she will have to "learn/grow" rather than "rehabilitate" unlike Arata.

As for the pill's effects being permanent... I don't think it's a lie that you would turn back to your original age, but you would need a pill to turn back to that age.

I agree on the memories not being erased.

So now, all we do is wait.

Oh, could I suggest that you to change the title of this thread to "Theory on Hishiro being Subject #1" or something the like rather than what it currently is? It sounds like a spoiler, I was panicking.

Edit: (I'll be listing things that support Hishiro being Subject #1 as I reread)

Ch 19

Spoiler

Ch 25

Spoiler

Ch41, Hishiro's flashback, though we can't really tell the person's age, I think it's safe to say that it's an adult and by adding "-san" at the end of her name, we can say that they we on equal, formal grounds
Spoiler

Edited by cluelessleaf, 04 June 2015 - 12:52 PM.

TheNaCL

TheNaCL

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

It may be heavily inplied that she was Subject#1, but there's one thing that doesn't quite fall together with the whole pieces, and it's that both Yoake and Hishiro had been in that HS since their first years, and both supervisors said that they had to go through a year of training, so in their first year of HS Yoake couldn't have been Hishiro's supervisor. The only way Hishiro could be Subject#1 is that she entered that HS in second year, which has been already disproven by the smalltalk saying she've got first rank among girls every year since first year.

But I guess if the author wants to go asspull no one can't stop him lol.

Laiseran

Laiseran

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
I guess she could have had a different supervisor for first year?

Second Jive

Second Jive

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Dont trust everything, what reLIFE employee said. Yoake could be lying about his training takes two years.

But I do agree with cluelessleaf analyze. Because I had the same conclusion after reading up until last chapter.

But only for 50% Im not saying Hishiro IS subject 1. 

TheNaCL

TheNaCL

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Dont trust everything, what reLIFE employee said. Yoake could be lying about his training takes two years.

It's only 1 year, An had to take 2 years because she failed her first one.

And even so, Yoake's been in the same class with Hishiro since first year, so he had to take his first year of training before that in another HS to be Hishiro's Supervisor.

Second Jive

Second Jive

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

It's only 1 year, An had to take 2 years because she failed her first one.

And even so, Yoake's been in the same class with Hishiro since first year, so he had to take his first year of training before that in another HS to be Hishiro's Supervisor.

What kind of training they take anyway? Spying and espionage? Hahaha...

In his first year Yoake already observe subject 1... as his part of his training... Well he failed. And on his second year he continue observe subject 1 and failed again. Maybe that's what An said about yoake took 2 years of training. 

Well anyway that only baseless asumption of mine.

TheNaCL

TheNaCL

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

What kind of training they take anyway? Spying and espionage? Hahaha...

In his first year Yoake already observe subject 1... as his part of his training... Well he failed. And on his second year he continue observe subject 1 and failed again. Maybe that's what An said about yoake took 2 years of training. 

Well anyway that only baseless asumption of mine.

But An couldn't be MC's supervisor because she had to do her training again, so supervisors can't supervise a subject while training. And it seemed An really wanted to supervise MC hahahaha.

TheWhiteHunter

TheWhiteHunter

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 4 posts

As for the pill's effects being permanent... I don't think it's a lie that you would turn back to your original age, but you would need a pill to turn back to that age.

I agree on the memories not being erased.

The effect is already proven to be not permanent. Yoake originally approached Arata as an adult back in the first few chapters. He's been a student at Aoba the last couple years so he would have had to change from his younger body, into an adult, and then back into his younger body. I'm of the opinion that there is probably another pill that reverts a person back to their original body, mainly because we haven't been shown Arata constantly taking the pills.

Typesetter/Cleaner for Whiteout Scans
Current Project: ReLIFE

Misticsan

Misticsan

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

This. So far, every ReLIFE employee has been shown to withhold information and it's implied they are keeping more secrets than the ones the readers (nevermind Arata) know.

Duessel

Duessel

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

Hi if you have checked the new chapters hishiro seems to resemble the lady that was with her in her work so maybe there is more to know, of course this is just  a speculation and also i'm waiting for this manga to start the anime but we need to wait until 2016 but i think it would be awesome  xD

Gozer the Carpathian

Gozer the Carpathian

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Just my two cents, but who says their RELife training was only in High School?  He could have had his first year in Middle School and then First year of High school.  Or even first year high school twice in two different schools.  Just tossing it out there. :) 

isragul

isragul

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Yoake said that what he said to Arata about their connection with Onoya was half lie and half truth. Maybe being her senpai and Onoya wanting to be Arata's supervisor were true but maybe actually Onoya is Hishiro's supervisor. Hishiro doesn't have to be #1 subject.
After thinking about it, this also doesn't add up. 

Then maybe Hishiro's supervisor was a different person and they changed it on the half way to Onoya. And at the time Yoake just was training, so got involved with Hishiro.

Well we can twist the things we know as much as we want, since we know Yoake and Onoya were telling lies.

Maybe...

Ugh, I can't think about this anymore. My head is spinning.

Edited by isragul, 16 June 2015 - 04:24 PM.

Alchaeus

Alchaeus

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts

I'm not sure if Hishiro is Subject #1, but what I am certain about is that Hishiro is best girl.

Namorax

Namorax

Fingerling Potato

• Validating
  • 62 posts

Anyone think its possible that Hishiro is the "sempai" the protagonist is always thinking about?

Crayten

Crayten

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Anyone think its possible that Hishiro is the "sempai" the protagonist is always thinking about?

Well it was shown in one of his flashback that he found here dead after she commited suicide.

Namorax

Namorax

Fingerling Potato

• Validating
  • 62 posts

With the suspcions floating around that the pill's effects are kinda permanent, I could possibly imagine that the company approached her with an offer more radical than the one given by our protagonist:
"We fake your death and you restart your life as XX-schooler."

Since she is officially "dead", she is "trapped" inside her schoolgirl persona and cannot go back to being an adult after the subject 01 "failed". It might even be a factor responsible for her "failure" in the first place. After all, she HAS to be successful in her Restart, otherwise everything she did up to now would be wasted. That kind of mental pressure, coupled with the events from her workplace, might be enough to explain everything.

If our protagonist fails, he would still be able to live on as an adult, he would just not get that job he was offered and have to live on, having a whole year missing in his CV. She would have to be forced to live on like that.

Also, I don't know that much about suicides, but I read that men are more likely to hang themselves than woman, who are more likely to overdose.

I think it has something to do with "what will my corpse look like", so when women plan to kill themselves they want to leave a goodlooking body behind.

So while suicide through hanging leaves a rather strong impact... it doesn't really feel like something a woman would do. Besides, where did she hang herself that the protagonist was able to just walk in? I don't think the two were close enough that she gave him the keys to her appartment or something...

There is no real proof for this theory, but considering how our protagonist goes around helping "normal" kids work out their issues... it wouldn't be strange if the author decides to have our protagonist work out HIS issues, considering how often they pop up and all that... I could imagine a plottwist like "Hishiro is Sempai!" in order to help the protagonist to get over his doubts that led to him becoming unable to hold a job.

EDIT:
read c81. That sounds an awful lot like something our protagonist would have said...

Edited by Namorax, 27 June 2015 - 11:13 AM.

Second Jive

Second Jive

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Just because Hishiro cant remember the girl face and name, thus she's out from subject 1 candidate? Kogoro mouri in charge solving the case I see

Hishiro have problem remembering people name, take kaizaki example. She forgot his name, and its not even 24 hours . 

Are you sure this mysterious student is hishiro friend? Ha, doubt it. I think shes not even her friend, you think hishiro would remember her name? This is hishiro we talking about. 

Same thing about face, Hishiro didnt remember person by face but by attribute the person hold. Like Kaizaki at first she said to him cigarette guy, or an braided and glasses girl (Maybe she wont recognize her if she change her style). or kariu the red haired girl who did 7,38 seconds.
 See even with the flashback thing she clearly can remember the mysterious student  feature (petite girl with short brown hair) 

Its not suprise when people get bullied they moved out. 

Why yoake made that face then? You see, I always suspicious the relationship between hishiro and yoake.

Why hishiro called yoake ryo, why yoake concerned about hishiro. Didnt that bother you? No, I guess im the only one then.

Yoake made that face because he couldnt encourage hishiro, (If the theory about her being subject 1 still stand) That why he felt it was his fault hishiro didnt complete her experiment because she felt devastated when the bullying become more intense and she blame herself for that, with no one encourage her.

When I read the chapter 18 , Hishiro said this its not going to work, this year is my last chance. To what? Making friends? Change into better person? So you cant make friend and change next year and the next year? Are you going to die next year? 

She maybe one of reLIFE test subejct too. Thats why, with this Im more conviced subject no 1 is hishiro. I only need a few confirmation in the next future chapter

KingAllant

KingAllant

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

The whole thing is a nonsense.

why, I'll tell u:

It's impossible for Hishiro to be his senpai, because she ranked first at the past two years and as I recall Arata resigned last year.

For Hishiro being subject No. 1, I can say that she is not because of that flashbacks about her feelings grown numb due to several transfers are being in her school life. 

2hot4you

2hot4you

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationThe Wild

im pretty much convinced hishiro is not subject #1, the 'evidence' people provide is way too flimsy and not nearly enough to conclude she is. im thinking someone who isnt introduced yet

aovnZo7.png