Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[RP] Edge of Destiny

In-character fantasy FATE system Noob-GM

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationRiding the back of the Great A'tuin.

Arenthiel To'rah

The cute fish-type-lady was remaining silent for the time being, but the woman with the splash of green in her hair introduced herself. She told him her name was Wisp. He liked it. It was a little odd, but it suited her. The name was a lot like the green in her hair in that respect. Not something you see everyday, but it fit just right. Like a nice pair of freshly made shrew-skin hunting boots. "Nice to meet ya Wisp." He said with a smile. Now that it was on his mind he considered making some nice shrew-skin hunting boots. He decided against it just as he managed to pull an intact arrow out from one of the shrews. His grin widened.  "Just so as you know, it wasn't my intention to intrude." The other arrow was really wedged in there. He gave it a tug and it came out broken. He tutted at it with a look of disappointment. A shame, for sure, but it didn't look completely ruined. He figured he might be able to get it fixed back in town. He'd have to wait and see. He wiped the good arrow clean and returned it to his quiver, the arrows clattered together in applause for a hero returning home from battle. "I just figured that if I showed you I could be helpful, well, then maybe you'd let me help. I was hoping we could do some hunting together."

He let the statement hang for a moment as he set about skinning the shrews next. A habit he'd picked up back in the Elven forests. No sense carrying four fresh kills around when you don't have to. Just take what's useful and move on. You won't want the extra weight if things go wrong. "I did mention I have a bar tab waiting back in town right?" He laughed his gentle laugh again. "I got to drinking that Fire Brandy of theirs. Great stuff, I just kept knocking em back. By the time I realized I hadn't asked how much they cost I was in way too deep and had to make a break for it out the back window." He laughed harder at that. "No idea how much I owe at this point. Just hoping I can hunt enough to keep an angry barmaid at bay." His laughter slowly died down as he thought about past angry barmaids. He really hoped he could earn enough money. He got back down to business and carried on skinning his kills. "You want me to sort those out for you when I'm done?" He gestured vaguely at the other shrews lying out. "It'd be no problem."

Spoiler

Shmuser Name

Shmuser Name

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNJ, The States

Wisp poked the tip of her tongue at the interior of her cheek and narrowed her eyes at the elf. If it hadn't been his intention to intrude, he wouldn't have continued firing shots after both Yada and her had made their appearance from their hiding places. Having decided that accepting help from strangers, although risky, was something she could live with, Wisp ignored the threat of betrayal or endangerment.

"You wish to join us? With your skills, I for one would very much appreciate an extra hand in completing my own hunt. I'm doing a task for the village Blacksmith. I'd prefer if you kept to your own kills, I can skin my own Shrews."

Despite ignoring Arenthiel's suspiciousness, she could not help but feel a twinge of possession over the Shrews Yada and her had discovered first. Had they discovered them first though? They must have. Arenthiel could pass for a smooth-talking thief, but that was promptly brushed away for more clearer thoughts.

Spoiler

Edited by Shmuser Name, 24 September 2015 - 05:53 PM.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

No Home For The Wicked

Seven shrouded figures whizzed around the raw verdure at a hurtling pace; unchecked and unstopped. The leader wondered why there had been such a brouhaha over their attempt. Everyone of his forces had pleaded him to turn down the offer. The Bloodfell Assassins were a sought after name, so much so that a princess herself had come calling. Natasha Miavenna was no ordinary princess, she held a lot of sway over the Arturian court and was one of the famed magicians that contributed to the might of Westgro within the Arturian leadership.

When Raymond Wayfield had heard the offer initially, he had just laughed it off. Afterall, of all the things in the world, why would the princess be so interested in getting after the Elven leadership. They were a rather docile lot, he would have understood had she given him a contract to hunt an Ork but the request was pretty dumbfounding. It was only after he had accepted the quest and sworn to secrecy had she told him the motive.

A war was coming and this was just a preemptive strike to win it before it began. The Elves, though feared, had not gotten into a conflict over the past millennium. There last fight was a resounding beatdown that put the marauding Orks in their places. Over the years they had simply vacated the area of conflict and restricted themselves to their treehouses deep within the Poisonfog forest. A few ventured out once in a while, but everyone had to admit that they were a rather agreeable lot and had a regal charm about them that you could help but bewitched.

As for the Gorgii, well they were no more than a legend. Even more reserved than the Elves, one hadn't been sighted in Human territories for over almost one and a half millennium. Traders have sighted them in Mithila but apart from it, no one even knows what the Gorgii are actually capable of. Thus the mission entrusted to him was rather critical. He didn't knew how but Natasha had information about Elven posts within the forest. Plus, she had prepared the warding gear for his men to infiltrate inside the Poisonfog without being affected by the mist that gives the forest its name.

They had a rough map of their destination and a brief idea of the Elven societal structure. No one had ventured inside the forest for the past five centuries and never uninvited, thus Raymond did have a little hesitation as he had stepped inside foreign territory.

That was three days ago, they had been on the move constantly. Leaving no trace of their gander through the forest. They were prepared to kill, kill anyone who spots them, to make it as clean as possible. By his estimate, it would take another week to reach Moonlake where their first target was supposed to be. Yath'thema Bloodbane, the name itself was a bit unsettling. His profile was said to be equally intimidating. It was good that he had his best men accompany him, the Umbron sounded like a lot of trouble. He knew it was a suicide run but Natasha had promised that their family would be well taken care off so he had taken up the offer.

They moved silently through the dense foliage, taking timed rests and eating light. They had a tough task ahead of them. Aylin who was leading stopped suddenly, something had caught her attention and since she was incharge of scanning what lay ahead Raymond knew well to heed her. Quickly her messaged was passed out, seems like they had company. They had intruded within the forest far enough, it was time some elves showed up. What was perplexing was that there seemed to be only one who was coming towards them. The members fanned out, Aylin left things up to Raymond and took three men with her. They were being cautious, Elves were said to be powerhouses but three of the elite killing force would be match for one atleast.

They quickly starting setting up an ambush as they spotted a figure appear out from the foliage. Seemingly unhindered by the thick undergrowth that competed for each inch of space on the forest floor. A big spear seemed to be hung on her lithe form and most of her features were covered with robe, the cowl hiding her face. Whatever danger bells were ringing inside Raymond, he steeled himself and waited. As the figure drew nearer the company waited, just as she was within range, Welles leveled his crossbow and aimed for it.

Regardless of how tough one is, poison has this way of bringing you down. As he reached for the trigger, a shriek pierced the haunting silence that had covered the forest. Startled he turned around to look at it only to have a black shadow descend on him from someplace. The realization of his death only came just before his torso hit the floor.

Raymond watched in shock as to what had transpired, the figure had hardly broken any stride o even showed any signs of knowing their presence. His dual poisoned daggers that had served him so well stayed leveled at his side as the figure looked up at his perch. Within the hood shone red eyes, eyes that could make someone go numb with fear and then it spoke.

It sounded like a haunting melody, the voice was soft yet whet with malice " I commend you for making this far into my forest but this party stops now."

With a whiff of her hand a sprout shot from the bark that was next to his face impaling him through the head. Moments later, Rayond Wayfield fell to his death, his mission running into a wall.

Delfina Darkdew put down her cowl as her eyes lost its fiery red shine. A whistle asked for her spirit sister who quickly obliged letting the half eaten leg of Welles hit the floor.

" Let's get back and see what's the new girl upto." Delfina whispered into her partner's ears before climbing atop her.

Meanwhile, Ayelin and others continued forward before she sensed another presence approaching them. She felt a little surprised, they had ventured at least fifty miles inside the Elven territory and had not met any patrols and suddenly there were two and this time too it was a single person.

Elves seem to be pretty cocky of themselves she thought as she gave a signal to halt. Asking Bennett to take on an alternative route she decided to lie in wait for her target to come to her. Soon enough a figure showed up on a rather impressive horse, wearing what seemed like leather armor and some headgear. She couldn't help but noticed their size from the distance. Whatever was approaching seemed to give off an intimidating aura. Taking their positions they lay in wait as Neri slowly hopped her way into their range. Jerry fired the first shot. It was a bull's eye as it her right into the shoulder blade. 

Ayelin looked at her carefully and was in awe of her beauty but she was an obstacle that may hinder their plan thus there wasn't a choice. What she hadn't expected though was an Ice Spear coming straight at her and pinning her to the three. Jerry and Jackson jumped with their weapons drawn, aiming to rip her head off for what she had just done, but never really reached the ground as they were vaporized mid air by a blazing inferno that shot out from her hands. Not even ashes fell as a gentle breeze took them away and scattered them.

Ayelin's last vision was the beauty getting down from the horse and standing next to her shortly thereafter, after that was just pain before there was no more.

Bennett wished that the screams he had heard were not his teammates. But he wasn't hopeful, he walked carefully through the underground looking to conceal his presence as much as he can. 

Spoiler

Edited by RP Fiend, 26 September 2015 - 02:26 PM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Rand

Rand grinned as the clan mother left him alone. It'd been a long time since he'd been anything other than a solo hunting party. And now he was leading a hunt. He would have other Orks to fight with. He would have a Zyrg Stryker to fight with. And that meant he would be able to take down something big and something bad. His grin spread at the thought of it. The fight. The glory. The blood. Oh yes, this was going to be good. Very good.

He turned to find his hunting party gathering around, waiting for instruction. He could tell they were excited to get killing. It was a good thing too. Because when a Chained One is in charge, anyone who isn't excited to get down to the killing usually ends up dead. He flashed them his smile as he ran his eyes over the group. "You." He said roughly, jabbing a finger towards one of them. The Ork stepped forward and smiled at Rand. He was missing two of his front teeth, probably had an incident with someones forehead. Rand caught himself just as he was about to introduce the Ork to his own forehead and even out the missing teeth. Instead he said, "Get Axes, Shields and Big Smashers." the Ork grunted some sort of reply and walked off. Rand didn't know the real name of Big Smashers, he just knew what they were, and what they did. Nobody seemed to question what he'd called them. Maybe they really were called Big Smashers.

He was brought out of his Big-Smasher-name-thoughts when one of the Orks punched another in the arm with a laugh. He looked at the two Orks and discovered they were almost definitely twins. They were the same height, had the same build, they even had the same scruff of hair and wide grin. The only difference was that the one on the left looked like he'd broken his nose about three times. The one of the right had only broken his once, once that was noticable at least.

The final two Orks of his party were rather different from one another. Because one was large and one... was not. And when I say large, I mean one of them was amongst the tallest of Orks Rand had met. He stood taller than Rand by at least a foot. It almost made Rand wish to take the Orks feet, chop him down to size as it were. Not that Rand cared about a thing like height. He never claimed to be a giant, and many an Ork stood taller than him. Before they fought at least. This Ork seemed built to wield a Big Smasher. And that would only be a good thing with what Rand had planned. Rand put his urge to attack back on it's shelf and moved on to look at the final Ork in his group.

While the last Ork was rather tall indeed, this Ork was rather short indeed. And he looked young. Too young for a hunt? Perhaps. The other possibility was that they were actually a female Ork, not a male like Rand was assuming. But Rand couldn't really tell. He was never good at seeing things like that. He just saw strong and weak, those who will die and those who survive. So all Rand knew was that the small one was gathered with his hunting pack, and so the small one was his now. That meant the small one had better be a survivor.

"Someone bring me the wildest Zyrg Stryker you have and meet me at the gates." He grinned down at his hunting party, madness burning in his eyes. For a moment he just started at them with his pointy teeth on display. "Soon we spill blood, eat meat, and wear glory." He walked off to wait at the gates for his hunting party to bring what he'd asked for. Then they would set out to hunt. And Rand had visions of big, nasty beasts in his mind. They were going to gift the Mother of Blood with the blood of something strong. That was for sure. He sent Her a silent prayer, promising her much blood if she sent him to such a beast.

Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

The Dwindling Light

Faye was made for stealth, light and nimble she darted like an arrow at the black mass of malevolence as it had its attention on Ziku and executed a beautiful strike. But beauty doesn't cut it in this brutal world. The thick armor of hair and sinew that encased the beast's leg made sure that her attack meant nothing, the stab was mistimed and with all the movement he was making it wasn't exactly Faye's fault but her bad luck. Instead she had just earned its ire as he turned like lighting and swiped at her. She instinctively raised her arms to guard her torso and the beast ripped through her gloves. Her crude armor, no match for his razor sharp claws. He let out a deep, frightening growl that made Faye go numb with fear, bringing back memories of that fateful day as she stood dazed.

It could all end soon for her had her sister not intervened at the right moment. If Faye was speed, Deirdre was power. The tall girl came crashing down with all her power on the beast's back. Though she didn't manage to disable his legs like she had planned but she had just saved her sister from certain death, again!

The beast turned towards her with burning malevolence in his eyes, his red orbs shining in the moonlight that pervaded the plains and swiped yet again but hers was Iron so didn't rip it like the others on her team. Deirdre was feeling a bit anxious but she bit down hard on her lip to pump some courage into her and keep going.

She had been here before, with the same company no less and a beast far more intimidating than the one before her currently. This was easy but her companions weren't feeling the same. Had they bit off more than they can chew? Perhaps they'll find after they survive.

They say, What doesn't kill you makes you stronger She hoped that it was the truth and gripped her sword tightly.

Spoiler

Forged from God's Blood

Brytva Bronzedust was anxious and shivering, when she had heard that tinfangs had been spotted inside the mines she had given hope on finding her dear Murt unless a brave man step forth and she was not disappointed when a burly dwarf had come forth and announced his intention to fetch her boy for her. It had been a few hours and she was pale with fear. Had she just sent a brave man to his death for her puppy. 

All life was precious but a lamb should be sacrificed so that a lion can live. The dwarven society worshiped the strong and what she had just done was close to a sin. Her heart thumped loudly in her chest as she could feel her stomach turning at the horror of the situation inside the mines and then he emerged from the shadow of its entrance.

It was as if she had seen Brax herself. Her jaw would have surely broken from how low it had fallen. Snuggled in his thick boulder like arms was her puppy and tied to his mountainous back were the corpses of not one but four tinfangs...um, a correction, three tinfangs and an IRONFANG!!!!!

"He has arrived! He has arrived!" she shouted at top of her lungs as she ran inside the tavern to rouse the crowd who where sure that he would be wall paint in the jagged mines. 

Almost immediately as if the whole of Ruehill was gathered at the central square where the Man stood, heaving heavily, his gut threatening to spill out from the chains that had kept him together. Brytva rushed to him with medicines and bandages as he stopped her in her tracks and handed over the puppy. For the second time today she was shocked beyond words. Was he even mortal?

As she kept Murt safely on the ground, the pup ran between Korgan's legs and yelped happily. Brytva flashed a teary smile as she freed him from the chains and helped him settle on the ground. She worked like crazy as she was joined by other girls as a content smile spread across the tough features of the man that lay between them.

Gardauk Flintsteel was over a century old, his best days were behind him and he no longer was 'Gardauk the Redaxe' but he was still more than most men. He knew a worth of a man from a single look and he looked at Korgan with benevolent eyes as he mentioned his surprise on the feat he had performed. But, Korgan was a man that didn't mince his words and quickly got to the point at which the old Dwarf just smiled and thundered at the boy that stood in the crowd that had gathered around the new hero of Ruehill.

"Hardar!! Go fetch that fine Elven cask." he bellowed.

"Yessir!!" Hadran replied meekly before darting off, running as quickly as his little legs could take him.

Meanwhile, a rugged looking Dwarf came out of the crowd and leaned near Korgan's head placing his big hand on his forehead. A hand that was rough with a use of weapon for a very long time. Korgan could discern the power that this man emanated.

"I serve the lord by helping my brethren achieve his mighty fortitude. Divine Favor!" he grumbled.

Within moments Korgan could feel the pain wash away like it never existed as his bleeding stopped completely and the nicks and cuts that were still left unbandaged began to close up and disappear. He was a little surprised but only a little.

"Brax needs men like you to carry on his work. What do you say, brother. Fancy a gander to Djelhalla with me?"

"Let him rest, sir! I am sure Brax can wait till he can recover." Brytva said, her voice a bi choked from the tears that were falling from her face.

Spoiler

Edited by RP Fiend, 02 October 2015 - 05:51 AM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Alphard

Humans, hmm? They've got quite the nerve, coming into our forest. I do believe they are underestimating us... Despite the human male's attempts to conceal himself, he was completely at the mercy of Alphard's gaze. Surrounded by plant-life and natural earth, there was no escape from her.  As soon as he came into view, her earth chains sprung up from the ground, taking him completely by surprise, and took hold of his legs. Just as he primed his arms in an attempt to smash free, another chain bolted from the ground and bound his right arm before his left was also bound in earth.

Now in clear view of the man, she begins chanting another spell. Taking advantage of the fact that they were surrounded by plant-life, delving into her earth magic, Alphard summons forth countless Flytraps. With her opponent bound from her Chains of the earth spell, he was completely trapped. Using 'Deadly Pollen', a barrage of poison needles rain down on the human. Taking advantage of the needle barrage, with dagger out, she advances upon her enemy and prepares for a follow-up attack.

OOC:

Spoiler

Edited by I-Am-X, 07 October 2015 - 10:00 PM.

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Muninn

Muninn

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts

Geraint

Silkrin Fields

Geraint sighed, releasing tension and bravado in the form of panting breath. His sternum widened and narrowed as he breathed in the smell of victory, which smelt like curdling blood and eviscerated razorfang. Rolling his left shoulder and he heaved the spine of his falchion onto his right, and moseyed towards Thargan, taking great leisure in his pace. "Good one! looks like you got the stronger of the three. Not that it mattered, huh?" Geraint came to a halt a few feet from Thargan, "We could probably go on, but it'll be dark soon too. What do you say, head in and rest or camp out here and take an evening stroll when ready?" The young Manus had a smug look on his face that he couldn't quite wipe off, his sense of accomplishment forbidding it. Part of him thought retreating to town for the night was the better idea, but he felt confident that with Thargan a nighttime encounter with the local fauna wouldn't be too dangerous.

Spoiler

Edited by Muninn, 09 October 2015 - 04:25 AM.

ezgif.com-resize_zpsxceqaae1.gif

Crimson Century: Bratumił

Edge of Destiny: Geraint

Blue Flaming Wings

Blue Flaming Wings

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

For a moment Thargan just stood.

Still and silent.

At his feet lay the body of the ravorfang mother, and not far from her lay the father and young child. There, in the midday air, he stood – blood still caking his leather armor.

Smile still in place.

The boy came up then, eager and excited and fresh from the kill. He could smell it, that lingering scent of death, just hanging over the Arturi. He glanced over at the boy as he approached, but spoke no words as he suggested they camp for the evening or rest for the night.

“No.”

Neither would be acceptable. He still wanted to hunt. He still wanted to crack skulls, suck the marrow out of bones, and watch the blood seep through his fingers. He wanted to feel his axes tear into flesh again, and again, and again. To strain his muscles to the point of exhaustion and past to break, like he’d break enemies into little pieces to be torn and munched and devoured and …

No.” Thargan said, and all at once he locked it away, shoved that presence back into a deep cage as his hand went to cradle his head, “I mean”, he said, “we should just rest the fuck up and then get moving. Enough to just get our energy back. Let’s camp till the evening.”

Spoiler

OOC: I was going to have the other personality be in charge for a bit of a while and just march off to the next kill (Geraint and exhaustion ignored), and Geraint would then have to try to make him see reason and calm him down, but I think at this point we should just get ready for the next update.

Thargan’s “insanity”, for lack of a better word, will have to be revealed in some other way. :lol:

Edited by Blue Flaming Wings, 11 October 2015 - 05:55 AM.

Because I've gotten tired of people trying to hire me to write ...

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSint Maarten, Kingdom of the Netherlands
Ale, A Pup and A Paladin

Wishing to test the strength of his newly healed body, Korgan made a move to sit up and properly address the dwarf speaking to him but Brytva would have none of it. With her strong hands on his shoulders, she forced him back down again and pointedly told the paladin that his business could wait.

With tears in her eyes and her throat tight with emotion, Korgan took her smaller hand in his and told her that there was no need for such tears. Because her pet was safe now.

Not one to shy again from a challenge, Korgan found his feet once more but took Brytva along for the ride this time to silence her protests. With his arm behind her thighs, the dwarf stood strong and bold while Brytva’s feet kissed the mine air. With his free hand, Korgan greeted the paladin.

“If your cause is just, then you can count on the strength of Korgan Stonefist. We can discuss the details later but know now that I’m deathly allergic to any vows of abstinence.”

With that said, Korgan took his ale and his new pet to the tavern. Brytva had insisted he keep Mort as thanks for saving her pet’s life. A gentleman at all times and twice on weekends, Korgan graciously accepted the offer -- on the condition that she join him for dinner later.

What followed then was an evening of boasting and drinking, as Korgan recounted his epic tale of a titanic struggle between life and death for his fellow dwarves before meeting Brytva for an early breakfast several hours before the sun came up.

Gear and Stats
Spoiler

“It's all about Power."
"Grabbing it. Keeping it. Using It."
"Power is our currency, our DNA... Our God.”
"We control the World."
"We provide the blueprint. And we give the Instructions."

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Deirdre Domhnall - Team Red

Even though it began well, things slowly started falling apart. While a solid plan, all it took to come undone was one unfortunate strike. Though beautiful, with bad luck and the beasts constant movements, the strike missed it's target and instead caught by the wolf's armor-like fur, leaving the beast unharmed, not even phasing it. No.... At that sight, warning bells started going off in Deirdre's head as she summoned all she could to race to that spot. Faye.....!!!!! Without wasting any time, the beast, as if it was lightning itself, turned and swiped at her. Just when all seemed lost for her, hope surfaced in the form of Faye raising her arms to protect her torso from the strike.

However, it was as if all hope had just abandoned her. While she did manage to mitigate the damage and stay alive, the beast managed to slash right through her arm guards with his razor claws, as if they were only paper. But the worse of it was afterwords, the beast let out a frightening howl that froze Faye in her tracks, completely consumed in fear. Deirdre's heart sunk upon seeing Faye's expression....it reminded her of all those years ago, with the orc.....but this time.....this time....she might not make it out of this one alive. With all her might, Deirdre was finally able to reach them.

The plan called for her to disable the wolf's legs, cutting off it's mobility, however, there was no more time to waste. She had to do something, she had to save Faye and quickly. And not just Faye, but Ziku as well, he wasn't in a favorable position himself. If....if the beast managed to get her....it was only a matter of time before Ziku would be next on the monsters list. Summoning all of her strength, she drove her sword into the monsters back. Not enough to do it any real damage, but it was enough for it to turn it's hostility towards her and away from the others.

However, even though she managed to save them, they were still in danger, especially Faye given her current condition, causing Deirdre to worry greatly. With her feelings getting the better of her, the situation was grim. She shouldn't be this way, the situation demands that she be at her best. More importantly, they needed her at her best. If she didn't save them, who would? Her current self was unable, she needed to snap out of it. Biting down hard on her lip, Deirdre was overcome with pain, allowing her to break free from the chance.

Back to her usual, she eyed the wolf. This was nothing, they've faced a beast far more intimidating when they were kids than this pup. Granted, it was more luck than anything on that day, but still, they managed to get passed it and return alive. She was fine, but she wasn't sure about the others.....especially Faye. It's not a simple problem that's easy for her to get over, it was truly horrible. This could very well be the end of them, encountering an enemy that's quite above them. However, you never know what could happen, ones fate isn't written in stone after all. Well, anyways, they'll find out later, right?

There's a saying that goes, 'What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.' One that Gorodir surely believes in. Well, let's just hope that's true. You first need to be alive before even thinking about getting stronger, eh? She thought with a self-derisive grin. She then shot Ziku a look, motioning her head towards Faye with the message clear, Get her out of there. Once done, hopefully he'll be able to snap her out of it, if not, back her up until she does. Either way, she needs to hold this flea bag back and give them the time they need to regroup.

Tightening the grip on her sword, she sharpens her glare and focuses it on the wolf. Getting into her stance, she moves to strike.

OOC:

Spoiler

Edited by I-Am-X, 11 October 2015 - 10:12 PM.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Orcraniil

Orcraniil

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 368 posts

Ziku Kalil -- Team Red

Ziku was forced to watch in horror as Faye's attack was too shallow and the wolf struck out with it's claws. He couldn't look away, his bloodied arm a stinging reminder of just how dangerous this beast's strikes were. Faye's reflexes paid out when she was able to bring her arms up to guard her torso from the beast. Though she avoided a killing blow, the beast's claws ripped through what little armor she had on her arms like it was paper, and indeed, to the wolf it was paper. If that wasn't the worst thing that could've happened, the attack had left Faye stunned in fear. Her eyes had glazed over and she looked like she was slipping into a state of mental shock. Ziku made eye contact with Deirdre, and she got the message across with the grim look on her face and a nod. "I'll be back, hang on", Ziku mouthed as he threw the torch at the wolf in an attempt to cause even a little bit of damage as he moved to Faye's side. "Hey, it's Ziku. Come on, I'm gonna need you to stand up, okay? Just calm down, take deep breaths." He whispered into her ear as he tried to guide her to her feet, though if she couldn't stand he'd be forced to carry her.

Spoiler

tumblr_n8afhdCGiX1sg8zvco1_500.gif

Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

Rand - The Shaman of Blood

Whether it was fate or just luck but it seemed that Rand had picked out the best team of the lot. This was a funny mix of Orks, the twins Grimtunk and Garrom were great trappers. All their life they had tagged alongside and hunted prey both small and big. They moved almost like one. The big muscle Mukramm, was what bloodfangs called a pounder. There have been burly Orks in the past that were a terror on the battlefield. Almost all of the bloodfangs were larger than their green brethren but the pounders were a different breed. They were the craziest and the largest of the lot. Often of weak intellect, they made up for that with an impressive physical presence on the battlefield.

And, finally there was Ganaradu, usually the Ork women were reared to be just shut ins and tending to the young from a very early age. The fact that it was a male's job to protect the tribe from all forces external was pounded into them for they were the bearers of future. They were expected to birth strong Ork and rear them to be greater than their fathers. But, the Redsongs were different. Their women were made from something tougher or maybe it was just that they were never asked to rein in their wild instincts that take root in every bossom of an Ork both male or female. They were a wild and unruly lot, engaging themselves in the pleasures of flesh, guts and gore. They fought as hard as they fucked and certainly Ganaradu was one girl that you wouldn't want to mess.

Each of their eyes burned with mad lust for the hunt, the fact that Rand's eyes reflected a bloodlust even deeper made them accept him as a big brother. Afterall, only true servants of Durg'mir could hope to honor Zhaira and the Redsongs made it their duty to serve that purpose.

As Rand led them to the gates and let out a battlecry, the others joined in and began the hunt. The competition had begun!

Olgartar and his team had already left for their share of hunting a Mesa-Mesa.

--

It was Garrom who sighted a herd of the dreaded cattle of the Ashfell plains. Though a large group ambled around aimlessly, it seemed a particularly large one roamed alone. Cocky with its power and size, not a care for the hunters in this world. It chewed on to the fire grass that grew in this God-forsaken land, as harsh as the pits of a proverbial hell.

The party closed in, intent to hunt their prey before it could pose a problem. They waited for Rand to issue out orders, since they had taken him as the defacto leader from the start. What would the blood-priest do?

Spoiler

The hunt begins. Mesa-Mesa is a Lvl 18, HP 7500, Attack 25

Alphard

Bennet was confident that his disguise won't be easy to catch, moving in a group always increased chances of detection. But to his shock, the earth seem to twist on his touch as chains made out of earth sprung out and kept him in place. He was totally unprepared for the plant life around him to certainly explode upon him with deadly spores. Had he not been wearing the special mask designed by Natasha, he would surely had suffered critical poison damage.

The chains loosened as he shook himself free of them and tried to sight his attacker.

Soon, a shrouded figure emerged from the foliage. If his cover was excellent, its was supreme. He would have surely missed it had it not made its intent to be seen. The figure unsheated two beautiful curved blades, the exposed metal glimmering in the little sunlight that filtered through the dense overhead canopy. It was an image of deadly beauty.

He crunched onto a bark he carried along to clear his senses and focussed himself. He had already lost the first exchange, he hoped to somehow turn tables and emerge victorious. 

Bennet the "Elf-hunter" certainly, had a nice ring to it. He unsheated his own blade that had a faint crimson glow to it. It had served him well. It was said to grow stronger with more you hunt. He wished to test its potency against the ones revered as Gods.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Arenthiel To'rah

Soon enough Arenthiel was done sorting out the bits and pieces he'd managed to gather from the Shrews. After wiping the blood from his knife on a small rag (he kept one handy just for such occassions) he got to his feet and clapped his hands together. "Well, that's me done." He exclaimed, jamming the bits and bobs he'd accrued into the satchel that hung down to the small of his back. "So it's a task for the blacksmith, eh? Sounds good to me. I'm ready to get moving whenever you are."

Spoiler

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

Faye Aurelius Lightfel

My attack was a colossal failure. I should have known better that a beast's hide, especially something of the black wolf's caliber, is not to be compared to a human's flimsy flesh. The moment my sword hit the beast, a jolt of pain assaulted my wrist. It was as if I hit a solid block of soaked wood instead of flesh.

Thankfully, my instinct did not abandon me. I stepped back just in time to avoid the beast's claws from lobbing my head off my shoulder. But what assaulted me next, was probably even worse than the pain inflicted by any sword. The beast's intense stare, it's blood-curling howl; they revived the memories I wished to lock away forever. They reminded me of the day my village was raided by the Orcs.

The intense fire, the sound of screaming and wailing, the blood and innards spilling everywhere; they were all coming back to me. I did not scream. I could not scream. I was terrified. I am terrified. So much that I even forget how to breathe. All I can do was sit and stare blankly at the pair of burning eyes set upon me.

I could not remember what happened next. The moment my mind began to recover from the fear, all I see is Ziku's face closing in on mine. What is he doing? Why is he putting his arms over my waist? What is happening? What happened to the fight? Where is Honorable Sister? My mind was still half-conscious at best, and all these things happening at once also felt pretty terrifying for me, although in a very different sense.

Then my hearing returns, and everything falls into place. Honorable sister is keeping the wolf at bay, while Ziku tries to get me back up on my feet. That's right, the fight is still on. I cannot sit and stay defeated while my two companions are still fighting. Thus, I mustered all my strength and crawled back up to my combat stance. My legs are still shaky and my hands have yet to show a sign that it'll stop trembling soon, but I will manage. I have to manage.

"Yeah, I'm alright Ziku. Just give me a moment to catch my breath, and I'll be ready for combat. For now please give my sister a hand. Strong as she may be, she would not be able to handle the wolf alone," I managed to whisper back to Ziku despite my labored breathing.

For now, I will focus on recovering and analyzing the wolf's movement pattern. I believe it would be far better than charging at the wolf in my current state. After all, a fight is not win on brawn alone. The weak have their own way to fight. That's what Lady Morgana has taught me, and that's what I will believe until the day I die.

OOC Info:

Spoiler

Edited by Faye, 28 October 2015 - 10:46 AM.

Shmuser Name

Shmuser Name

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNJ, The States

Wisp and her new ally Arenthiel started off to find more shrews. A thought did cross Wisp's mind though, was it practical to hunt together with a man who had such superb archery skills? Wouldn't he simply take most of the kills for himself, and thus keep more shrew skins for himself? Archery was quite faster at downing a foe than a swordfight. Whatever happened, Wisp said to herself that she would not become annoyed or angry. She'd need a bow sooner or later for herself.

Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Alphard

After seeing the man, after taking on a good amount of damage, break free from her chains and unsheathe his blade, she could only grin. Perhaps she'll be able to enjoy a good battle after all. Though, whether she'll enjoy it or not means little as it's her duty to rid their forest of intruders. The real battle starts now, as such, it was time for her to get serious. Retaining her serious expression, she placed her hands and muttered an incantation. As her quick casting came to a close, a thick mist started covering the battlefield.

Getting into a low stance with blade in hand, she made her move, giving the mist some time to envelop the field before charging right at the enemy.

OOC:

Spoiler

Edited by I-Am-X, 29 November 2015 - 08:04 PM.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

Pest Control - I

Days had been passing by smoothly for the group of friends, content with the fact that they were growing stronger and barring a few near escapes they were rather coming along well on the path of the warrior. Deirdre had established as the leader of sorts with the younger two following her commands to the letter. This gave her an immense sense of responsibility but a great relief and confidence as well.

After that encounter with the black wolf pup, they had consciously avoided straying away from the safety of the gates at the night. Plus, their hunts were going rather well, thanks to their tireless efforts the tanning and forge were finding its feet again. Tragar racking up an impressive array of spoils from them. The pests too had been dissuaded a little bit. Occasionally, a big pack of Shrews still attacked the fields but they were quickly routed since all the major ones had already been taken care by other predators and the efforts of the young warriors.

Gorodir was quiet pleased with how the children under his care were growing from each encounter. The shy Fay had steel in her eyes as she idolized the pack of muscle and charisma that stood before in the form of her beloved sister while Ziku was growing more confident in his abilities of scouting and improvising, something that Gorodir had spotted from the get go in the ingenious child. But what impressed him the most was Deirdre, even though she wasn't from a family of knights, fervor and loyalty shone brightly inside her. He was happy that the new generation had people like her who'd fight the mental and societal barriers to express them boldly.

Arturians, like Dwarves were patriarchal and male dominated with women at best relegated to the roles of magi and at worst, just means of gaining political or economic alliance or favor. He could feel his guts turn when he saw such state of affairs but women like Deirdre or her illustrious mother were a reprieve and brought a smile to his haggard face. He had high hopes from the young girl and wished that standing beside him she can learn his skills and take care of his legacy.

The kids were allowed inside the village after they had successfully completely his challenge to kill ten of each pests troubling Silkrin something that the Spirit mother had felt uneasy about but they had returned safely and were given a hero's welcome. As they relaxed in their rented quarters in the Inn, Gorodir sat down to think of a more interesting test for his apprentices. It was finally time for them to face their fears and fight the wolves in their own territory.

He set about his task as he walked slowly towards the forge where Tragar toiled alone.

"May I?"

"By all means, Sir Gorodir, it's an honor." said Tragar a bit exasperated as he hastily dusted a place for Gorodir to sit.

"Forget that Tragar." he said with a dismissive wave, and picked up a sword that Tragar had displayed. He juggled it between his hands before spinning over his head and performing a few shadow slices.

"Hmm... The balance seems off." he commented thoughtfully,

"Sorry! I'm nowhere as skilled as you, Sir." Tragar said humbly, a bit embarrassed.

"And yet you toil at this alone while others do things that your people are good at." Gorodir commented. 

"It's because I love this and I'm not here to make money, just provide my brothers and sisters with equipment should they need it." he explained.

"I know, Tragar. I have always been in awe of you lot." Gorodir said thoughtfully, as Tragar stood there confused.

"You lot know so little of smithy and yet make such impressive warriors, fearless like the plains and deserts you live in. Like the spirits of wild reined in by thought. I have always been in awe." Gorodir said.

Tragar stood speechless, here he was in front of being as close to a god and he thought so high of his people made his chest swell with pride.

"So as a token of my immense appreciation, let me show you a few things." he finished as he took out his mallet from his backpack.

Was this a dream, Tragar was unsure but it was like the spirits were smiling on him. Gorodir plunked a few firestones in the forge to power it up unlike it had ever before and began his work. If this town was to survive even after they were gone, it needed a better forge.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Deirdre Domhnall - Team Red

Almost a week has passed since that encounter with the black wolf but for her, it was still fresh in her mind, as it happened just the other day. Having successfully saved Faye from sure death, she engaged the pup in combat as she bought time for Ziku to get Faye from the wolf. However, while she did manage to put up a fight against it and weaken it a bit, it wasn't enough and it slowly started to overpower her. While Ziku and Faye, having snapped out of her shock, managed to get back into the fight, there was little difference and they were overpowered.

When the wolf charged again, inches from mauling her, Deirdre managed to stop its jaws by thrusting her blade in them. However, it was only temporary as the wolf managed to tear the sword from her grasps but, right before it went in for the kill, the wolf was blasted back as Shamu, the village leader. In what only took a quick moment, when it took them all they had just to last this far, the wolf was dead and they were saved. Afterwords, they were lead back to the safety of the gates for the night as Shamu went back inside the village.

While she knew they were no match for the wolf at their current levels of strength, and were quite fortunate to make it out of that situation, it still damaged her pride knowing that she wasn't strong enough to defeat the wolf on her own. How could it not? Up to this point, she used all her power for anyone who needed it, saving whomever she could but then she was defeated herself. While she did save them, or at least delayed it before getting saved herself, the shame of having been the leader and losing was great, though, she kept it all to herself as to not hinder the others.

Eventually, she'd resolve herself that she needed to get stronger, using that experience as a motivation as they set out for their next hunt. Over the course of the following days, they started to show improvement, having taken down the shrews quicker and quicker with each battle. However, with each hunt, due to how the encounter with the wolf ended, they started staying in close proximity with the safety of the gate at nights, to avoid another encounter like that. After 5 days of hunting, they managed to successfully complete their task with renewed confidence as they finally were allowed back inside the town and found themselves being given a heroes welcome for their deed.

While everyone was in a celebratory mood, all Deirdre wanted to do was head off to the blacksmith and see about a replacement weapon, her blade having taken serious damage on their hunt, especially from the wolf, but was eventually persuaded by Gorodir against it and to join in on the fun and relax.

Spoiler

Edited by I-Am-X, 19 December 2015 - 01:21 AM.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

Faye Aurelius Lightfel - Team Red

There I was, standing helplessly in front of the menacing Black Wolf Pup. All my attacks did nothing as they bounce off its thick, firm fur. With every hit I made, I can feel jolts of pain running up my wrist. It was frustrating how weak I am. Was I always this helpless? Were all my training amount to nothing in real world situation?

It was easy to give up in that situation. But my Honorable Sister, she was never the person who takes the easy way out. Despite the overwhelming difference in power, she continued to challenge the wolf. She hacked and slashed, all the while keeping my and Ziku's spirit up. So I ask you, who am I to give up, while my Honorable Sister was still giving her best?

So I forced myself to stood back up, to stood my ground. I roared and howled as I went charging in a reckless abandon. I continued my meaningless attacks, hoping that it would give even the slightest opening for my Sister and Ziku to land attacks that could actually hurt it. I trembled, I stumbled, and all in all, was useless in the fight. Yet I did not succumb to my fear. After all, how could I, when my team was doing their best to overcome their own fears?

In the end, however, the wolf's backhand stroke flung me towards the huge rock that I used to hide previously. The shock, combined with my fatigue and wounds got the better of me, and I fell unconscious. When I woke up, I was already within one of Silkrin' guard post. I was told that Shamu, the village elder, had saved us just before the wolf managed to draw some blood.

"... Saved again, huh..." I said dejectedly.

It was arguably one of the worst feeling in the world, powerlessness. It felt as if I could do nothing but wait for others to help me. I hate that feeling. Despite how I look, I do have my pride. I do have the wish to catch up to my Honorable Sister one day. I cannot simply sit and stay like this. Thus, I hastened to my Sister, who seemed to have fully understand what I intended to do. We set out to hunt the shrews from twilight to twilight; and when the night comes, we retreated inside the guard post's wall; not to rest, but to train further.

Without us noticing, a week had passed. I might be biased, but I could see ourselves getting stronger considerably. The shrews that gave us problem the first day, were nothing but mere annoyance by the time we finished our quest. Ziku is considerably faster, stronger, and more nimble than I could remember him be. Honorable Sister, too, had grown well as a leader. She was much more apt in her judgements, and her prowess in combat too, had risen considerably.

I too, while still noticeably lacking compared to the two, certainly have grown quite a bit. If you ask me, I feel like this past week gave me a lot more strength and experience than my one year training as a Knight Apprentice. I wonder if I can catch up to them eventually. Nothing I can do but wait and see, I guess.

Well, anyway, tonight is a celebration. It seems that our efforts have paid off, and the shrews have stopped attacking the villagers' crops. To thank us, they held a banquet. Master Gorodir told us to let our hair down for today, though from the way he grinned as he talked with Honorable Sister, I can't help but feel that he's planning something for us tomorrow.

Well, whatever. He told us to rest today, and I will do just that.

"So, what are you up to, Ziku? It seems that Tragar's smithery is upgraded a little bit. Want to slip out of this little party and have a little peek? Would be fun to beat my Sister to something every once in a while, wouldn't it?" I whispered to the boy standing beside me after I gave him a little nudge.

It's pretty unlikely he's going to come though, since this celebration is pretty much his chance to have a good look on my Honorable Sister on her casual attire since forever. There's no way he's going to miss that, yeah?

OOC Info:
Spoiler

Edited by Faye, 30 November 2015 - 04:36 PM.

Orcraniil

Orcraniil

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 368 posts
Ziku Kalil -- Team Red

The fight with the wolf had been an absolute disaster. I was completely useless. I couldn't help Faye. I couldn't distract the beast from Deirdre. Hell, I could hardly harm the beast. I went through the fight in my head once more, but I couldn't make my body move the way I wanted it to. I was supposed to be a guard and ally to the two, but I've just been a burden to the team thus far. Deirdre was the overwhelming star of the team. She managed to duel the beast single-handedly while I tried to regroup with Faye. Just as soon as we had returned we were disabled. Faye caught a vicious backhand that flung her into a boulder that knocked her out cold. Startled by the speed of the attack, I was caught in the legs by the same paw as it swung it's way around and it's sheer force swept my legs out from under me. I tried standing back up, but a soft burning that had occupied my legs since I was put down escalated into an inferno as I tried to rise. I looked down to see that not only had I been knocked flat, but my legs had suffered some severe lacerations from the pup's claws. Try as I might, my legs were done. I could only watch as Deirdre battled for our lives. Even after the beast disarmed her, the glint of ferocity in her eyes never died.

That should've been the end of us. It was fortunate that Shamu, a shaman and the village leader happened to be nearby and saved us. He defeated the pup with such ease that our efforts looked to be childs play, and maybe that's what it was. After our little encounter with the pup we returned to the village gates and never strayed too far. We continued our task, training in what free time we could find, and our efforts paid off. Deirdre's leadership, while it had always been good (at least better than either Faye or Ziku could provide) had increased exponentially. She was a good bit more tough and powerful as well. Faye's strikes had gained quite a bit from hunting shrews. Where her cuts used to be fairly light but fast, they gained force equaling their speed. I trained as hard as I could, pushing myself. I was the exception of the group. Not particularly fast, nor very strong, and consistently failing attacks. I was a burden. No more, I told myself. 

After returning from our successful task we were given a day to relax from Gorodir. There was a banquet going on as a bit of a "thank you" from the villagers to us. The thought was nice, but I just couldn't think of our work as successful. The encounter with the pup was a sobering one, and it delivered heavy on lessons that I won't forget. A light prodding in my side sent me careening from my introspection to reality with a startled flinch.

"So, what are you up to, Ziku? It seems that Tragar's smithery is upgraded a little bit. Want to slip out of this little party and have a little peek? Would be fun to beat my Sister to something every once in a while, wouldn't it?", A familiar voice whispered to me. Faye. I entertained the thought for a second, and then decided.

"Yeah, Y'know what, that's not a terrible idea." I said, making a point to glance at our worn blades that sat on our hips. "I can't imagine these things have got much left in them after all they've been through."

I shot Faye a smile before the thought of Deirdre stormed into my head and with it a small twinge of guilt. The guilt was overwhelmed as I remembered my many mistakes while we were out hunting. Maybe the blade isn't something I can handle. I don't think I'm cut out for the sword (totally didn't mean that as a joke I swear). A little browsing can't hurt.

Spoiler

Edited by Orcraniil, 13 December 2015 - 07:56 PM.

tumblr_n8afhdCGiX1sg8zvco1_500.gif

Spoiler