Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles

• Please log in to reply
1503 replies to this topic

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷
How did you know that i am a grizzled veterinarian? O.o
Jokes aside, i welcome thee shmusername. Enjoy your stay! :)

As for the CS, i think it's best to start off basic. We are all level 1, and as missy said, level 1 characters tend to be basic. So no "I'm the strongest shark in the ocean, i own every other sea creature no one dares to trespass my territory" kind of stuff (if you decide to go with Meena) XD

Keep it sweet and simple, i guess. You can ask for suggestions make edits along the way :)

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts

If we're talking about grizzled veterans, look no further than me. I was the one that got this entire board rolling to begin with, after all.

Anyway, I'm a little confused on how to go about creating a character. Do we create our own traits or something?

Shmuser Name

Shmuser Name

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNJ, The States

Gm pls confirm Meena are not just Shark-People (or not?).

Simplicity stats wise, got it. However, personality wise...maybe making a guy who's all talk might be fun to play as. He'd just keep getting shut down and shut up by obviously superior foes, so it'd be badass to have a moment where he actually does win and can legitimately proclaim all that chest-beating alpha nonsense.

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts

Gm pls confirm Meena are not just Shark-People (or not?).

Simplicity stats wise, got it. However, personality wise...maybe making a guy who's all talk might be fun to play as. He'd just keep getting shut down and shut up by obviously superior foes, so it'd be badass to have a moment where he actually does win and can legitimately proclaim all that chest-beating alpha nonsense.

It sounds like a fun way to play, but make sure you stick to it rather than just keeping it up as a gimmick. Some folks get bored and wants to abandon the character halfway through.

Shmuser Name

Shmuser Name

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNJ, The States

A gimmick isn't what drives a character to ascertain a goal. This cliche goal of becoming the biggest, baddest mothafucka' would be a motif, a fun one at that. I'd be sure to keep myself entertained and IC. Although that doesn't mean I can't develop them.

Orcraniil

Orcraniil

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 368 posts

^^ I can confirm that a chimpanzee could probably kick my ass. (buuuut I'm also kind of scrawny T.T)

WIP, by the way (would've gotten more done, but I forgot it's board game night at a friends' house and I'm trying to get ready for that while getting some stuff out)

You know the other kid in X's Bio, the boy? Guess who? :P

Spoiler

SO, WHADDYA THINK?

Ain't he just the most wonderful guy you ever met? XD

EDIT: HOLY SHIT, IT'S LIAR.

Yo. Let the Blades of Fealty Vets come.

Edited by Orcraniil, 12 April 2015 - 02:50 AM.

tumblr_n8afhdCGiX1sg8zvco1_500.gif

Spoiler

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts

A gimmick isn't what drives a character to ascertain a goal. This cliche goal of becoming the biggest, baddest mothafucka' would be a motif, a fun one at that. I'd be sure to keep myself entertained and IC. Although that doesn't mean I can't develop them.

Oh, yeah, totally.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

I have never partaken in a Roleplay where a backpack system and Perk/Skill-system was implemented because I felt that they required way too much thought and time. However, this RP is hella' one similar to a nerdy-geek pipe-dream I used have a year or so ago, so I'd love to settle here and play along with you grizzled vets.

Although I really don't have a clue as to how to make a character, skills, and items. Pointers, pls.

I read your particular thoughts in the RP lounge so I do feel that I need to give you a good reply right off the bat to keep you from feeling left out.

1. Making Characters - Like Missy and X said, apply the KISS method. Remember you are Level One.

2. The Bio - Though, I like reading long, elaborate bios. People tend to go overboard with their proclaimed badassery. If somehow, you can manage to pull something as just his/her own vision of themselves. I'll gladly allow a few feats.

3. The 3 Skills that I allow you are yours to choose. I advice you to keep a good idea of what you want your character to be so give him some starting props so that when the time for choosing a Class comes, you are on your game. 

Case in point: The Two accepted CSes are aiming for Knights. Look at their skills and take a fair idea of what you want.

4. Inventory stands at Nil at the moment. Most of it will be filled by yourself at the starting point. Rest of it will be filled by me. Something similar to Skyrim/FF other RPGs. You don't pick your starting gear, the game picks it. But trust me, I won't have you dance around naked unless you ask me to.

:D

I read through every single thing. That doesn't necessarily mean that all questions are answered.

For example, are Meena simply locked to Shark-like beings or can they be more like other anthromorphic sea-creatures? 

I know that I start my inventory off empty, but...no starter equipment?

I don't now what type of personal skills I could create that are original, but wouldn't be breaking things.

I'll put a CS sheet up soon, your RP looks really interesting.

given the traits refer to 'shark' I'm thinking its locked toward shark like beings, but like hawk ey said, its best for RP Fiend to answer that.

But yes, no starter equipment, yet. We're still level one, I'm sure when the time comes, RP Fiend will give us something.

As for skills, simple is best at the moment. Like swordsmanship, stealth or something. It's best to keep things simple when you're starting out and go for more advanced ones when you get further on up.

But just put what you want your character to be able to do and the GM will certainly tell you what will fly and wont. :P

Thanks X.

@Shmuser: Sorry I was at the pic linking max so couldn't add more pics. But the Meena are anthromorphic sea creatures. Think, Vodianois, Naiads, Leviathan etc if Sharks don't interest you.

Similarly, the Naga are more than just snakes. The Scarabs, Scorpion-men, Crab-men, Davy Jones Fleet and others will be similar. Think of the Croco-men from Berserk, they are also Naga.

SO, WHADDYA THINK?

Ain't he just the most wonderful guy you ever met? XD

EDIT: HOLY SHIT, IT'S LIAR.

Yo. Let the Blades of Fealty Vets come.

@Orc: What does the Indomitable stat do, bud. Is it a mind check? 

Also, I see that you are aiming for a Berserker. You'll start with a Barbarian Class. 

and, Know that your Health skill is a double-edged sword. More Damage comes at the price of increased Fatigue. It is good if you choose it wisely. The current Fatigue bar for you is 4 posts. With the skill active you'll run out in 3. Which means that you'll take +25% more damage if you run out of stamina mid fight. Will that be acceptable to you?

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts
I'm aiming to be Emperor. Can I be a dragon human?!

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

I'm aiming to be Emperor. Can I be a dragon human?!

Emperor of which kingdom?

@Missy: Love, you'll need a revision of your bio to some extent. There are few issues I have storywise.

Firstly, the setting. The story is based somewhere between the events of Warcraft 2 and Warcraft 3 and will slowly build itself towards WoW. So you can't start of as a tinkered and manipulated Dark Elf.

Reasons: The Elves follow a tag system, which means every Luxon mage is marked with a tracker when he graduates from the College of Theia in Sunwell. So, a Luxon can't have done those heinous atrocities on you.

2. The Umbrons are majorly hunters and rarely magi and those who do become druids and magi are usually graduates from either Temple of Rhea or Temple of Gaia from Moonlake or Oldwood and they are also marked. Dealing with dark magic and life alter is Luxon or Gorgii territory. There are currently only 5 magi alive capable of that sort of magic and believe me, if they did decide to take you hostage you would have been either dead or their thrall.

3. The repurcussions of it all, your bio is geared more towards a mini-boss character at around Lvl 250ish than a Lvl 1 newb. I request you to forgo your initial leanings and remodel it for a watered down character.

@Fatal: Yours is the Last Umbron. With this, they are sealed for further players.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Orcraniil

Orcraniil

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 368 posts

I read your particular thoughts in the RP lounge so I do feel that I need to give you a good reply right off the bat to keep you from feeling left out.

1. Making Characters - Like Missy and X said, apply the KISS method. Remember you are Level One.

2. The Bio - Though, I like reading long, elaborate bios. People tend to go overboard with their proclaimed badassery. If somehow, you can manage to pull something as just his/her own vision of themselves. I'll gladly allow a few feats.

3. The 3 Skills that I allow you are yours to choose. I advice you to keep a good idea of what you want your character to be so give him some starting props so that when the time for choosing a Class comes, you are on your game. 

Case in point: The Two accepted CSes are aiming for Knights. Look at their skills and take a fair idea of what you want.

4. Inventory stands at Nil at the moment. Most of it will be filled by yourself at the starting point. Rest of it will be filled by me. Something similar to Skyrim/FF other RPGs. You don't pick your starting gear, the game picks it. But trust me, I won't have you dance around naked unless you ask me to.

:D

Thanks X.

@Shmuser: Sorry I was at the pic linking max so couldn't add more pics. But the Meena are anthromorphic sea creatures. Think, Vodianois, Naiads, Leviathan etc if Sharks don't interest you.

Similarly, the Naga are more than just snakes. The Scarabs, Scorpion-men, Crab-men, Davy Jones Fleet and others will be similar. Think of the Croco-men from Berserk, they are also Naga.

@Orc: What does the Indomitable stat do, bud. Is it a mind check? 

Also, I see that you are aiming for a Berserker. You'll start with a Barbarian Class. 

and, Know that your Health skill is a double-edged sword. More Damage comes at the price of increased Fatigue. It is good if you choose it wisely. The current Fatigue bar for you is 4 posts. With the skill active you'll run out in 3. Which means that you'll take +25% more damage if you run out of stamina mid fight. Will that be acceptable to you?

Well, the Health skill wasn't a more damage thing. It's more of a defense mechanism. Does what it says on the tin, brother. The lower Ziku's health get's, the higher his chances of parrying enemy attacks.

As for Indomitable, I could probably use a better name for it, I was thinking it's a poise check. Less likely for Ziku to get knocked on his ass/knocked off balance, if you get what I'm saying.

Spoiler

Vafhudr

Vafhudr

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts

@ DR

I will be submitting a CS soon. Mind you, I am unfortunately not versed in the background material you used as base, so I will be improvising a bit here. 

92242d14-d321-46c6-a0ac-45c7a9ce6bb0_zps

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

Well, the Health skill wasn't a more damage thing. It's more of a defense mechanism. Does what it says on the tin, brother. The lower Ziku's health get's, the higher his chances of parrying enemy attacks.

As for Indomitable, I could probably use a better name for it, I was thinking it's a poise check. Less likely for Ziku to get knocked on his ass/knocked off balance, if you get what I'm saying.

Well a poise check would be hard for me to calculate, please have mercy and go for something simpler.

Also, that trait works for me. So you are going Monk than Berserker, then?

@ DR

I will be submitting a CS soon. Mind you, I am unfortunately not versed in the background material you used as base, so I will be improvising a bit here. 

Sure. Yours will be the last CS I'll be accepting counting Liar, Jod and Naifu 

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Orcraniil

Orcraniil

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 368 posts

I guess Monk would be more fitting, since he's pretty much a fighter that gets harder to kill the lower his health gets.

And it's fine if you just make Indomitable a mind check, if that makes it easier for you :D

Spoiler

Shmuser Name

Shmuser Name

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNJ, The States

This is a WIP.

Spoiler

Edited by Shmuser Name, 12 April 2015 - 05:23 AM.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

@Shmuser: You make two traits and pick three skills to set you to a preferred class.

As far as Stats go. Toughness is Combat oriented. Endurance affects your carry weight and Fatigue Bar. Power is your strength+Agility and Intellect is both street smarts and Book smarts. So if you are going to make a Thief make sure your Intellect is on the higher side for getting info and successful pickpocket/break-ins

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts
What kingdom do you recommend? I just want to be an ambitious and ambiguously evil warlord as per the norm.

(So, wait, I can be a dragon?!)

Edited by Liar, 12 April 2015 - 05:20 AM.

Shmuser Name

Shmuser Name

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNJ, The States

Pick three skills? There is a list for these? Or do we make our own?

Edited by Shmuser Name, 12 April 2015 - 05:24 AM.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

Pick three skills? There is a list for these? Or do we make our own?

you can either make your own or take from the List of Skills from either Scion the RP or from the internet. Whatever you like.

What kingdom do you recommend? I just want to be an ambitious and ambiguously evil warlord as per the norm.

(So, wait, I can be a dragon?!)

Well the Qing are pretty ambitious and so are the Arturi. You can play a Dwarf since they are ambitious and love the shinies. The Gorgii are locked so you can't be Half-dragon/dragonling. Same case for Luxons. Everything else is free game. But the tribes are not power-hungry so Baylbos won't be a good choice.

Also, you can PM me your idea and maybe we can work out another arrangement.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Looks like there'll be more then the initial 6 xD

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X: