Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles

• Please log in to reply
1503 replies to this topic

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

[General] - Welcome! to my first serious attempt at making an RP. Hope it is interesting and I can do justice to the efforts of those who manage to write in a CS for it. I'll be accepting 6 players originally since I am new to this chair. Maybe more slots will open in the future. Have Fun.

Edge of Destiny

Book - 1: The Gathering of Wolves.

zhayeria_by_ninjatic-d78gb1m_zps25e54362

Story:

Spoiler

Premise

Spoiler

Races:

Spoiler

System:

Spoiler

Character Sheet

Spoiler

FAQ:

Spoiler

Edited by Diabolical Rhapsody, 11 January 2016 - 03:18 PM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Count meee innnn.

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Fatal Blood

Fatal Blood

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTamriel

Since I know nothing about the World of Warcraft I can't be in this RP, but I'm certainly gonna read it!

If it ain`t broke... go back and rob it again.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

Since I know nothing about the World of Warcraft I can't be in this RP, but I'm certainly gonna read it!

It is not necessary to know about Warcraft to join this RP. It is just that it follows a similar story. It is mostly original work with bits and pieces taken from various sources.

Note: Since I made the error of not having a Co-GM reserve me some space in the opening posts. I shall be using this space as further Worldcrafting.

Important RP Info:

Four Suns: An organisation of world foremost magi and experts of the arcane. It is also symbol of strength among all the factions. It is a non-political organisation that usually meets once an year on the neutral terrain of Mithila. It usually contains one mage from each faction who is revered as the strongest in their race.

Currently it has seven members, with two representations from the Gorgii. It is regarded that their overall prowess is unmatched in the realm.

Spoiler

Edited by RP Fiend, 28 June 2015 - 07:23 AM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
Are the Orks the physically strongest or weakest? I think there is a typo in the description of Orks

And please reconsider rolls for in-RP stuff. I don't mind rolling stats but idk rolls take the fun away from me :(
Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

As DR said, it's not neccesary to know about WoW, after all, I've never played WoW myself (nor do I ever plan on doing so). lol

And please reconsider rolls for in-RP stuff. I don't mind rolling stats but idk rolls take the fun away from me :(

Fat chance with that. Why are you so against rolls and what not? What, do you want it to be easier for you to beat someone or something? Either way, this is DR's first time GMing and having a system in which is easier for DR to operate is best. Needs to take it easy and get used to it all.

Edited by I-Am-X, 09 April 2015 - 02:52 AM.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

Okay, the Race roster and the general storyline is up. I shall be answering the doubts after I add the CS section and a Sample CS.

@X: Thanks

List of Gods and Holy Orders

Spoiler

Edited by RP Fiend, 28 November 2015 - 05:10 PM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
To me the rolls take things out of the control of the players but I'll join cause DR is cool
Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

To me the rolls take things out of the control of the players but I'll join cause DR is cool

Thanks KDP. I hope you won't left me stranded. With your boat and irritable internet.

Also the whole setup is up.

Not as complex as others on this site. But still a start, I guess. Hope more peeps drop by.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
I won't I normally float off when I see the RPs im in standing still for two weeks
Awww shizz classes

When we get our classes, will you give the classes super cool DR names or just regular class names?

And I'll
Make a guy and I thinknyou should run the RP even if there are only two people in it
Okay, another question and and question and question

1. Are we allowed two more traits on top of our racial traits?

2. Are the Baylbos completely painted at all times? Are they dark skinned folks with painted or are the humans who are born with special colored skin because of spirits?

3. Are you shaping our classes or are we?
Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

You'll probably see it in the group chat but i'll say it here, why did you give a smithing stat to the knight/Arturi?

Isn't it supposed to be a knight thingy? Wouldn't +swordsmanship or something....knighty, be a better fit? It feels like a wasted stat because dwarves already got the crafting down. And ruins the pick because no one is going to use that stat.

And if you're going to give a smithing stat, wouldn't making a subclass for blacksmiths be better?

Edited by I-Am-X, 09 April 2015 - 06:43 PM.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

You'll probably see it in the group chat but i'll say it here, why did you give a smithing stat to the knight/Arturi?

Isn't it supposed to be a knight thingy? Wouldn't +swordsmanship or something....knighty, be a better fit? It feels like a wasted stat because dwarves already got the crafting down. And ruins the pick because no one is going to use that stat.

And if you're going to give a smithing stat, wouldn't making a subclass for blacksmiths be better?

Whoops thanks for pointing out that error. I was thinking of adding discipline but added Smithing as the files got mixed up. It's meant to guard effect against magic and debuffs.

I won't I normally float off when I see the RPs im in standing still for two weeks
Awww shizz classes

When we get our classes, will you give the classes super cool DR names or just regular class names?

And I'll
Make a guy and I thinknyou should run the RP even if there are only two people in it
Okay, another question and and question and question

1. Are we allowed two more traits on top of our racial traits?

2. Are the Baylbos completely painted at all times? Are they dark skinned folks with painted or are the humans who are born with special colored skin because of spirits?

3. Are you shaping our classes or are we?

I have not decided on it but I think I'll go with general names so as not to confuse people.

Ans.1 Yes

Ans.2 No just the one in the pic is wearing face-paint. The full-fledged shamans of the tribes usually wear face-paint and the warriors use the paint before going into battle. They live on the more arid side of the Great grassland and thus have deeper skin tone because of ruthless sun.

Ans.3 You shall be shaping your classes through your traits, I'll just be nudging you towards the plot I have in mind.

Note: Currently, I plan a story update after every ten or so levels and player update after one round of posts. I may change order without prior notice though.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
So our adventures do not require the story to move on, we literally can move our story as we want.....

Yaay nukka

Can I still have a painted warrior that doesn't look as tribal?
Spoiler

Fatal Blood

Fatal Blood

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTamriel
Spoiler
How now brown cow?

Edited by Fatal Blood, 11 April 2015 - 09:34 PM.

If it ain`t broke... go back and rob it again.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

So our adventures do not require the story to move on, we literally can move our story as we want.....

Yaay nukka

Can I still have a painted warrior that doesn't look as tribal?

I'll take control of your characters if they are too out of sync with what I have planned. But otherwise, this is an open exploration RP with a story thrown in, just like Skyrim.

Also, you can have whatever you want. That is just one example from the subrace. Stick to the basics provided and surprise me KDP =D.

@Fatal: It's looking good. Please try and work on highlighting the personality of your character. Also, since your character will be significantly older, I'll request a bit about his past and his choice to be different and come to the human lands. Since Elves usually don't.

I've decided against providing each character stats and complicate stuff. Instead I'll be providing weapon and armor stats so that equality is maintained.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
Okay
Spoiler

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

Will have a CS ready for this RP this weekend~

If you still have a spot open, that is ^^b

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

Will have a CS ready for this RP this weekend~

If you still have a spot open, that is ^^b

No worries, doesn't seem like too many folks are interested. Not everyone has my kind of OCD =P

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

WIP / Placeholder:

Spoiler

Edited by Crouching Bacon, 11 April 2015 - 03:01 PM.

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

My CS!!

Spoiler

Ok, the Bio was longer than I intended, well, it would've been shorter but.... 3/4s of the post is all about How my character met and made Faye's character her imouto. I left 3 of the 12 skill points blank because I wanted to first make sure with you if I could alter those 12 and add them to increase the level of my other skills. And/or Add a 'Merchant' skill to go along with the fact my family are merchants and such but wanted to know about the point rearranging first before I added it.

Also, because it was long, I spoilered most of it to keep it somewhat short. Let me know if its a little much and whether I should include it in my opening post when the time comes for this rp to start.

Edited by I-Am-X, 11 April 2015 - 05:02 PM.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler