Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[OOC]The Invisible World

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

Yan Q

Yan Q

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Locationwith your lover

Everything looks good actually.  It looks like you might of missed including the last part of the character sheet though.  If you can just tack that on it should be good.

I actually just didn't put it on because it was covered in the bio, but sure, take it out and I'll add it in the supernatural section.
I think Itano is planning on making a connection between his character and mine (if he's still in this).

Also, it would be easier to edit in a word doc (what I did). There's a lot of stray coding if you were to do it in Batoto.

yes, i bite

fp | ig

Wandering Rogue

Wandering Rogue

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 88 posts

I understand that but it's more that I want it a bit expanded on.  The fact that she is a witch and its in the bloodline is almost just like a throwaway bit in your bio.  

tumblr_ner0yxdSDb1qeclafo3_1280_zpsd17zv

Yan Q

Yan Q

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 890 posts

I understand that but it's more that I want it a bit expanded on.  The fact that she is a witch and its in the bloodline is almost just like a throwaway bit in your bio.

How would you like me to expand on it?
Originally I was going to use witchcraft as her "way of escape from her bad childhood" but decided that would be a little too... nghh

So using her relationship with her aunt as the starting point, I plan to hopefully, have her immerse herself into it more when (sorry) her aunt's condition worsens and eventually dies. Atm it's sort of just something she does regularly, not full on witch. Sort of how there are catholics who don't attend mass every sunday and pray the rosary, but do know some of the stories from the bible and pray for help if they're... doing an exam that day or something.

A... casual christian? I don't know the term in english.
she's just a casual practitioner. She doesn't consider herself a witch, she just knows it's something her ancestors did, and her aunt still does, but it doesn't really affect her day to day so much.

yes, i bite

fp | ig

Wandering Rogue

Wandering Rogue

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 88 posts

What do you mean by witchcraft exactly?  What does it entail?  What do you imagine you are doing or are capable of?  What has she seen her aunt do? Those are things I need to know so I can judge whether it fits in the setting or is acceptable.  

Yan Q

Yan Q

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 890 posts

What do you mean by witchcraft exactly? What does it entail? What do you imagine you are doing or are capable of? What has she seen her aunt do? Those are things I need to know so I can judge whether it fits in the setting or is acceptable.

Done. Hopefully.

Edited by Yan Q, 29 March 2015 - 07:45 PM.

yes, i bite

fp | ig

Inumori

Inumori

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Location....good question.....

Are our characters necessarily aware that their supernatural encounters are supernatural? The character I'm planning would be someone who believes himself to be insane, having inherited his affliction from his mother. In such a case, someone familiar with the supernatural would need to reach out to him or he would likely just live on trying to cope and keep it in check somehow. I was planning on that being Redding via an "anonymous" chat-room support group. Will post an actual CS later but would like to know this first.

The Dog's Woods

Spoiler

An Adventure by Mischief

Wandering Rogue

Wandering Rogue

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 88 posts

@Yan

What you are describing just seems like wicca and doesn't necessarily mean anything.  Something a bit more is necessary.  Maybe glimpsing a bit of what could be call real magic.

@Inumori

I don't understand.  Your character believes he is insane and has inherited that from his mother?  How is that tied to the supernatural?  

Seikah

Seikah

Potato

• Donator
  • 167 posts

I think Inumori's saying an insane person wouldn't be able to recognize some things as being supernatural. To give an extreme example, a character that sees living people as corpses could walk into an actual zombie apocalypse and just wonder why everyone's a bit smelly.

Also, you may want to try posting the character sheet in a [code] box like this (which disables bbcode) so people can copypaste it without doubling up on font/size/color tags.

Anyway, here's my attempt at a character for this roleplay. Was lurking for a few days but had no inspiration until just now. Hope she's well-received!

Edit: double negative.

Spoiler

Edited by Seikah, 30 March 2015 - 07:18 AM.

Yan Q

Yan Q

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 890 posts

@Yan
What you are describing just seems like wicca and doesn't necessarily mean anything.  Something a bit more is necessary.  Maybe glimpsing a bit of what could be call real magic

Even after the edit? In which case I'll rewrite the entire abnormal qualities bit. I don't think I'd be able to keep up with having wiccan as a trait if it requires that much magick. Gimme a bit to rewrite it.

yes, i bite

fp | ig

Wandering Rogue

Wandering Rogue

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 88 posts

It's not very supernaturally.  There is nothing really there that would make you question the world.  Wiccans are around and about practicing what they've practiced for years.  It just needs some bit that is undeniably beyond normal.

@Seikah

Everything looks good.

Seikah

Seikah

Potato

• Donator
  • 167 posts

Aw, but I wanted something. :(

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

To expand on what Rogue is saying in relation to Wiccan practices--I've met a Wiccan practitioner. It did nothing to make me question whether or not real magic existed in the world. I think he wants evidence of one of those rituals producing an effect that can only be attributed to something inherently supernatural.

It's like, you can't say your contact with the supernatural is your very devoutly religious Christian grandmother unless she literally drinks the blood of Christ or something.

here's to a long life and dead friends

tumblr_inline_nep6qkNSe41sok0j2.png

Wandering Rogue

Wandering Rogue

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 88 posts

@Everyone

If you are working on a character please get it in by Wednesday.  That's when I'll be finalizing the lineup.

@Inumori

If you are asking if they are naturally able to view an event and understand its supernatural than the answer is no.  It's completely based on your own interpretation.  I don't really want anyone having connections with the team in their bios.  

Edited by Wandering Rogue, 30 March 2015 - 01:14 AM.

JumpinJR

JumpinJR

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationThe Great State of Texas

Finished.  This guy went through so many changes in the bio

Spoiler

superman-vs-doomsday_zpsynujaqke.jpg

Inumori

Inumori

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts

@Yan

What you are describing just seems like wicca and doesn't necessarily mean anything.  Something a bit more is necessary.  Maybe glimpsing a bit of what could be call real magic.

@Inumori

I don't understand.  Your character believes he is insane and has inherited that from his mother?  How is that tied to the supernatural?  

I'm writing the C.S. up today so it'll make more sense in context. The simplified answer is that his mother began having serious nightmares and hallucinations when he was a teenager and eventually killed herself. When he starts experiencing the same things he's afraid he's going mad like his mother before him. The supernatural quirk is that the hallucinations aren't exactly hallucinations, and the nightmares aren't simply in his head.

My problem now is that I'm not sure how he would come to know that without the aid of someone else. As a normal person, he'd just think he had inherited some mental condition from his mother. Psychiatrists and other doctor's fail to find anything wrong so he just tries to make do with therapy and pretending what he sees isn't real.

I don't want to write up a presumptuous event without understanding how the context of the supernatural works here, but if you've ever watched the show "Dead Like Me", it's meant to be sorta like seeing the little gremlins that cause shit to happen. Not necessarily regarding fatal incident though.

Edited by Inumori, 30 March 2015 - 04:23 PM.

The Dog's Woods

Spoiler

An Adventure by Mischief

Seikah

Seikah

Potato

• Donator
  • 167 posts

Does your character need to know he's not insane? On this topic, I'm reminded of a scene in Kagerou...

Yan Q

Yan Q

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 890 posts

To expand on what Rogue is saying in relation to Wiccan practices--I've met a Wiccan practitioner. It did nothing to make me question whether or not real magic existed in the world. I think he wants evidence of one of those rituals producing an effect that can only be attributed to something inherently supernatural.

It's like, you can't say your contact with the supernatural is your very devoutly religious Christian grandmother unless she literally drinks the blood of Christ or something.

Yeah, no, I get it now.
I've come up with the change, I've just got to get it in now.

yes, i bite

fp | ig

Inumori

Inumori

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts

Does your character need to know he's not insane? On this topic, I'm reminded of a scene in Kagerou...

That's exactly my question. I would like to know whether one's connection to the supernatural is necessarily understood to be supernatural.

The Dog's Woods

Spoiler

An Adventure by Mischief

Alcruid

Alcruid

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • Locationsomewheeeeere... over the rainbow, way up high ~

This seems really interesting, but it looks like spots are filling up quickly :)  

I guess I'll just go read this RP like a novel again. I hope it stays alive~

Thaeria2.gif

My webcomic (action | fantasy | adventure | mystery) on Batoto (image)

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/sp/thaeria-dancing-with-the-devil-r11374

Hear me sing and help me grow and improve! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGBxlhBeruObuKrVkQaTRtw

Alcruid | Al | Alc | Altan | Alcchan

Spoiler

Yan Q

Yan Q

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 890 posts

Right. Be as harsh as you need to be.
My roleplaying screws are a little rusty. I'll edit anything you need me to.
It's a female character as... it's currently 6 men and 1 woman.
EDIT: 30/03 Abnormal Qualities added and expanded on.
EDIT: 31/03 Abnormal Qualities changed from Wiccan to Supernatural sighting.

Spoiler

Ready to be checked again.

That's exactly my question. I would like to know whether one's connection to the supernatural is necessarily understood to be supernatural.

I think... this is actually what I was trying to do, except my supernatural connection wasn't supernatural at all.

Is what you mean:
Your character has a supernatural connection
Character has predisposition to mental health problems
Character connects supernatural occurrences with predisposition
Character assumes he is mentally unstable (instead of thinking the events are weird, he thinks he is weird)
Character is exposed to the supernatural but does not realise it is supernatural/thinks it normal

Does the character need to be aware of the events are supernatural, or can he be considered to have a supernatural connection without being aware (continuing to think he is mentally unstable)?

yes, i bite

fp | ig