Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

ONE's art is terrible, why is his manga so popular

art good manga ONE

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

His story telling has improved alot, and Mob is fruit of that improvement. Pretty good characterization and space between the power battles.

Propodia

Propodia

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts

Get out of here if you think that your subjective view on popularity has any ground?

http://blogtruyen.com/truyen/mob-psycho-100

http://blogtruyen.com/truyen/kaitai-shinsho-zero

These are for my country, the first link is mob 2k views, 2nd is kaitai shinsho 85k views.

http://mangafox.me/manga/mob_psycho_100/

http://mangapark.me/manga/mob-psycho-100-one

These are for other english manga sites, you can see the rank, even with OPM effect in english community, it's still around rank 400-500.

OPM is popular, and I remember it didnt get 72m (maybe 200k, 2m? but not that 72m, around 8m last time I checked) views before murata. Only because of murata it got that popular.

Heck I (and pretty sure most of us) wont care much about, art when I know I want to read it. But, would you eat a food if it looks and smells like a piece of shit? and you cant judge if it is shit or delicious food beforehand?

Good # popular, stop being delusional.

Edited by Propodia, 21 December 2015 - 02:02 PM.

geenius3ab

geenius3ab

Potato

• Members
  • 187 posts

http://blogtruyen.com/truyen/mob-psycho-100

http://blogtruyen.com/truyen/kaitai-shinsho-zero

These are for my country, the first link is mob 2k views, 2nd is kaitai shinsho 85k views.

http://mangafox.me/manga/mob_psycho_100/

http://mangapark.me/manga/mob-psycho-100-one

These are for other english manga sites, you can see the rank, even with OPM effect in english community, it's still around rank 400-500.

OPM is popular, and I remember it didnt get 72m (maybe 200k, 2m? but not that 72m, around 8m last time I checked) views before murata. Only because of murata it got that popular.

Heck I (and pretty sure most of us) wont care much about, art when I know I want to read it. But, would you eat a food if it looks and smells like a piece of shit? and you cant judge if it is shit or delicious food beforehand?

Good # popular, stop being delusional.

Lol come and tell me how does this matter in any way? The popularity of mob in your countries website? The popularity of Mob in the english community? You can't understand that the biggest popularity that OPM/Mob has is in Japan. Its popularity started from Japan and OPM's popularity got it adapted by a professional manga artist. One's Japanese website has 73 million views, and I am not sure you understand but Japanese popularity does not directly translate to global popularity. 

One is popular with both the JAPANESE COMMUNITY and ENGLISH COMMUNITY. Mob isn't as popular as OPM in the english community but that does not matter in any way.

Pretty sure you took the pageviews before the time of Murata's adaptation from nowhere. You just "think" it might be 8 million or you want to think that way.

"I don't care about art but if I read a manga I won't read those with bad art." is basically what you're saying and that's simply... Silly.. How do you know what books to read by that logic? You read the summary and see if you're interested in it.. If you're interested in the summary and see bad art, would that be the point where you drop it? If you did then that would be stupid.

Edited by geenius3ab, 22 December 2015 - 07:45 AM.

Propodia

Propodia

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts

Lol come and tell me how does this matter in any way? The popularity of mob in your countries website? The popularity of Mob in the english community? You can't understand that the biggest popularity that OPM/Mob has is in Japan. Its popularity started from Japan and OPM's popularity got it adapted by a professional manga artist. One's Japanese website has 73 million views, and I am not sure you understand but Japanese popularity does not directly translate to global popularity. 

One is popular with both the JAPANESE COMMUNITY and ENGLISH COMMUNITY. Mob isn't as popular as OPM in the english community but that does not matter in any way.

Pretty sure you took the pageviews before the time of Murata's adaptation from nowhere. You just "think" it might be 8 million or you want to think that way.

Well, it was you asking for my ground.

The number (not sure if I got it right) is what I remember when I checked the site (to look ahead as an addict) after reading about it on Mangafox, about the time people start translating it.

That 72m is not from Japan only, for obvious reason.

I dont know about mob's popularity in jap as I dont live there and I dont speak jap, so may your great Jap knowledge show me how popular it's in Japan? Because all I know is the 72m right now and everything else were pulled out of your ass.

Edit: I remembered it wrong, but the wiki stated It got 7.9m before Murata and that's the trust.

2009-June 2012: 7.9m.

June 2012-now: 73m. (there weren't not even as much update)

"I don't care about art but if I read a manga I won't read those with bad art." is basically what you're saying and that's simply... Silly.. How do you know what books to read by that logic? You read the summary and see if you're interested in it.. If you're interested in the summary and see bad art, would that be the point where you drop it? If you did then that would be stupid.

More like "I dont care much about the art if I know the story is good enough, but I pick the manga by looking at the cover + description (50/50) as I dont have the times to read every thing I see." It was like that ever since I read poor quality printed manga years ago as a kid, also when the HxH's art quality became worse.

You know guys who dont read shoujo because of its draw style? Apply the same to One's art. They are even more terrible than shoujo to many people, especially OPM.

Manga is about both draw style and story, novel is about writing style and story. A GT Novel's only ok for addicts, so do a drafted manga.

You people here are just following the flow, that is OPM then hypnosis yourself to "Ikc about art at all", to some of you who was like that before OPM, sorry.

And dont read a story because its art isn't silly, to each their own, people have the right to do that, it's their life. So do you, Idc  about your life, your ideal, just stop.

_____________________________________________________________-

The argument I made was about how much popular Murata brought to One, it was as clean as the day, if you have ever used your brain to think about it.

Yes, he was still somewhat popular without Murata (because of his good storytelling whatsoeveryoneknowabout) but not THIS popular.

Edited by Propodia, 25 December 2015 - 01:18 AM.

geenius3ab

geenius3ab

Potato

• Members
  • 187 posts

Well, it was you asking for my ground.

The number (not sure if I got it right) is what I remember when I checked the site (to look ahead as an addict) after reading about it on Mangafox, about the time people start translating it.

That 72m is not from Japan only, for obvious reason.

I dont know about mob's popularity in jap as I dont live there and I dont speak jap, so may your great Jap knowledge show me how popular it's in Japan? Because all I know is the 72m right now and everything else were pulled out of your ass.

Edit: I remembered it wrong, but the wiki stated It got 7.9m before Murata and that's the trust.

2009-June 2012: 7.9m.

June 2012-now: 73m. (there weren't not even as much update)

More like "I dont care much about the art if I know the story is good enough, but I pick the manga by looking at the cover + description (50/50) as I dont have the times to read every thing I see." It was like that ever since I read poor quality printed manga years ago as a kid, also when the HxH's art quality became worse.

You know guys who dont read shoujo because of its draw style? Apply the same to One's art. They are even more terrible than shoujo to many people, especially OPM.

Manga is about both draw style and story, novel is about writing style and story. A GT Novel's only ok for addicts, so do a drafted manga.

You people here are just following the flow, that is OPM then hypnosis yourself to "Ikc about art at all", to some of you who was like that before OPM, sorry.

And dont read a story because its art isn't silly, to each their own, people have the right to do that, it's their life. So do you, Idc  about your life, your ideal, just stop.

_____________________________________________________________-

The argument I made was about how much popular Murata brought to One, it was as clean as the day, if you have ever used your brain to think about it.

Yes, he was still somewhat popular without Murata (because of his good storytelling whatsoeveryoneknowabout) but not THIS popular.

UImm an anime has been announced for Mob Psycho without it having Murata's redrawing.. Soo yeah.. They will make an unpopular badly drawn manga into an anime. If you think an anime isn't enough to show its popularity then I will stop talking to you right now.

First off, the second part of your message was really hard to understand. You're talking about silly things like "hypnosis" or w.e .. That makes no sense. No one would read a story unless they liked the premise. You're really grasping at straws saying that "no one would enjoy it but they do cause it's written by ONE." .. If you take a look at the fact that a anime is being made out of it then no. People enjoy it even though it had bad art not because of the author but because of the awesome characters that ONE writes.

And draw style is really important in a manga? I mean how could manga have people reading it back in the 90s where large amount of the mangas looked like shit. As long as the characters and stories are told in a interesting way with some nice comedy to it no one will care about the way they look. Draw style requires a minimum amount of quality to it. ONE's art style has extremely clear lines while he also uses shadows extremely well to contrast his art at times.

If you ignore the fact that Mob psycho is getting a anime and still try to say that it's unpopular and that One is only good cause of Murata's OPM redrawing then you would be hopeless. Now I hope that is not the case.

Edited by geenius3ab, 26 December 2015 - 08:00 PM.

Propodia

Propodia

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts

If you ignore the fact that Mob psycho is getting a anime and still try to say that it's unpopular and that One is only good cause of Murata's OPM redrawing then you would be hopeless. Now I hope that is not the case.

Never said Mob was unpopular, the only thing I said was Murata was the big contributor to One's popularity and maybe mob was getting more popular thanks to that.

So that all you can pull, let me add that the anime was announced this month.
This was all happened after Murata, I knew this would be your last piece of argument, good job. Praise you, wikipedia. I wanted to know its sale or sth, but no, lord wikipedia did the job.

I mean how could manga have people reading it back in the 90s where literally 99% of the mangas looked like shit. As long as the characters and stories are told in a interesting way with some nice comedy to it no one will care about the way they look. Draw style requires a minimum amount of quality to it. ONE's art style has extremely clear lines while he also uses shadows extremely well to contrast his art at times.

People who prefer draw style, wont read shit then? You know, they can have other hobby too.
Also, plz show me those "most 90s manga" that draw worse than Opm you were talking about?
Make a search before you spatting bias about shit.
There are also generation differents, what good before can be trash now.

Edited by Propodia, 26 December 2015 - 02:03 PM.

geenius3ab

geenius3ab

Potato

• Members
  • 187 posts

Never said Mob was unpopular, the only thing I said was Murata was the big contributor to One's popularity and maybe mob was getting more popular thanks to that.

So that all you can pull, let me add that the anime was announced this month.
This was all happened after Murata, I knew this would be your last piece of argument, good job. Praise you, wikipedia. I wanted to know its sale or sth, but no, lord wikipedia did the job.

People who prefer draw style, wont read shit then? You know, they can have other hobby too.
Also, plz show me those "most 90s manga" that draw worse than Opm you were talking about?
Make a search before you spatting bias about shit.
There are also generation differents, what good before can be trash now.

First off. You have NO facts no nothing to help your stance. But you keep arguing makes it look like you're just a stupid troll who thinks that people wont catch on.

1 . You said that I need to "prove" how popular Mob is with Japanese people. Anime shows that it's popular as fuck and that there's people who want to watch that. And now you said that you "expected that" and say that only because of Murata's popularity is the Manga that is in NO WAY related to Murata getting a anime adaption. People look at Mob purely from its quality not because somehow murata created a fanbase that ignores reason and that somehow ONE hypnotized people into liking mob.. 

2. "spitting bias" ? You are literally the one saying that the only reason why ONE is popular is Murata which is the most biased bullshit TOWARDS MURATA that I have anyone spout. Oh if art was the only thing that makes something popular then you're seriously delusional. Only the top 10% of mangas will grow huge while the rest manages to barely get by. Your claim is 100% baseless and has nothing to back it up. Manga popularity has been completely independent from its art. One could have had anyone else be the author for his manga and although it might've not been the same quality it would have still been popular as fuck because what people look at when they look at OPM are the characters and the story. High quality art has just added to the experience and wasn't the primary focus. It's similar to claiming that the people who put up the advertisements for ONE's web comics are the only reason why he is popular and it has nothing to do with his own achievements or writings.

If, even though your full of shit and have nothing to base ANYTHING you say on and dare ask for proof while providing none yourself, then my proof for that claim is that manga popularity has always been unrelated to the art that it has had. Hajime no Ippo, Ushio to Tora, Shinatachinshi, Mr. Osumatsu. List goes on and on.

3. The reason why OPM got as popular as it did after the manga started releasing is because OPM was a WEB MANGA hence it did not reach the audience it did when the manga released. After the manga released more people were aware of OPM and they went to look it up on his website.

So i covered the fact that in Japan ONE is popular even without Murata cause of Mob Psycho which is not related to Murata in anyway getting an adaption (Fact number one.. For some reason you don't use facts in your messages mr.troll.) and also the fact that good art in a manga does NOT make it more popular. The reason why OPM was more popular was because it was serialized which the web manga was not.

P.S: I don't know why I am even talking with a troll.. I should stop feeding them trolls. :(

Edited by geenius3ab, 26 December 2015 - 06:10 PM.

Propodia

Propodia

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts

First off. You have NO facts no nothing to help your stance. But you keep arguing makes it look like you're just a stupid troll who thinks that people wont catch on.

1 . You said that I need to "prove" how popular Mob is with Japanese people. Anime shows that it's popular as fuck and that there's people who want to watch that. And now you said that you "expected that" and say that only because of Murata's popularity is the Manga that is in NO WAY related to Murata getting a anime adaption. People look at Mob purely from its quality not because somehow murata created a fanbase that ignores reason and that somehow ONE hypnotized people into liking mob.. 

2. "spitting bias" ? You are literally the one saying that the only reason why ONE is popular is Murata which is the most biased bullshit TOWARDS MURATA that I have anyone spout. Oh if art was the only thing that makes something popular then you're seriously delusional. Only the top 10% of mangas will grow huge while the rest manages to barely get by. Your claim is 100% baseless and has nothing to back it up. Manga popularity has been completely independent from its art. One could have had anyone else be the author for his manga and although it might've not been the same quality it would have still been popular as fuck because what people look at when they look at OPM are the characters and the story. High quality art has just added to the experience and wasn't the primary focus. It's similar to claiming that the people who put up the advertisements for ONE's web comics are the only reason why he is popular and it has nothing to do with his own achievements or writings.

If, even though your full of shit and have nothing to base ANYTHING you say on and dare ask for proof while providing none yourself, then my proof for that claim is that manga popularity has always been unrelated to the art that it has had. Hajime no Ippo, Ushio to Tora, Shinatachinshi, Mr. Osumatsu. List goes on and on.

3. The reason why OPM got as popular as it did after the manga started releasing is because OPM was a WEB MANGA hence it did not reach the audience it did when the manga released. After the manga released more people were aware of OPM and they went to look it up on his website.

So i covered the fact that in Japan ONE is popular even without Murata cause of Mob Psycho which is not related to Murata in anyway getting an adaption (Fact number one.. For some reason you don't use facts in your messages mr.troll.) and also the fact that good art in a manga does NOT make it more popular. The reason why OPM was more popular was because it was serialized which the web manga was not.

P.S: I don't know why I am even talking with a troll.. I should stop feeding them trolls. :(

1. That was a rant because I have fully expected that anime stuff. nvm it.

1.2. More like they looked at OPM anime's succeed, then think Mob anime with the same story's author, better drawing would also succeeded.

2. That "bias" thing was not about mob, it was about "shitty 90s manga" you mentioned.

2.2. His good story have something to do with his popular sure, but it does not mean the Art Murata provided or the ads have nothing to do with it.

2.3. The list goes on and their art isn't terrible. They're good enough. Mob's art is passable, little below average, Original Opm's art is terrible.

3. The OPM of Murata is far better that it got a helfy different scale of popular. Which in case made the original + One more popular. Look like you argeed with me there.

P.S: 'cause ur a troll yourselves.

Edited by Propodia, 26 December 2015 - 07:02 PM.

geenius3ab

geenius3ab

Potato

• Members
  • 187 posts

1. That was a rant because I have fully expected that anime stuff. nvm it.

1.2. More like they looked at OPM anime's succeed, then think Mob anime with the same story's author, better drawing would also succeeded.

2. That "bias" thing was not about mob, it was about "shitty 90s manga" you mentioned.

3. The OPM of Murata is far better that it got a helfy different scale of popular. Which in case made the original + One more popular. Look like you argeed with me there.

P.S: 'cause ur a troll yourselves.

1. They make animes if a viewerbase exists. Making animes isn't something stupid which they gamble on (Each frame costs around 1000 or more yen to create. And how many frames does each episode have? tens of thousands. So each episode costs around 1 million or more yen to produce. They don't gamble with that shit.)

2. I just explained to you that the reason why OPM grew big was because it was PRESENTED TO A BIG AUDIENCE with the manga. Webcomics have almost no advertisement while Shueisha advertise things to all hell.. You can't understand that even if murata wasn't the artist, OPM had all points that would have made it popular among others as long as it got advertised and published properly. You simply can't understand how things work in this world. Advertisement is a big reason for popularity and before the proper manga ONE wasn't advertised much at all but he still got 8 million page views.

I have debunked everything you've said, and I explained why Murata was NOT the reason behind ONE's popularity (One's works themselves are good and they keep people reading his shit while also being advertised by a big company.).. And I don't think that you understand what a troll means. You don't speak facts and speak baseless nonsense and demand proof while you provide none. I provide proof for everything I say.

Edited by geenius3ab, 26 December 2015 - 07:13 PM.

Propodia

Propodia

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts

1. They make animes if a viewerbase exists. Making animes isn't something stupid which they gamble on (Each frame costs around 1000 or more yen to create. And how many frames does each episode have? tens of thousands. So each episode costs around 1 million or more yen to produce. They don't gamble with that shit.)

2. I just explained to you that the reason why OPM grew big was because it was PRESENTED TO A BIG AUDIENCE with the manga. Webcomics have almost no advertisement while Shueisha advertise things to all hell.. You can't understand that even if murata wasn't the artist, OPM had all points that would have made it popular among others as long as it got advertised and published properly. You simply can't understand how things work in this world. Advertisement is a big reason for popularity and before the proper manga ONE wasn't advertised much at all but he still got 8 million page views.

I have debunked everything you've said. And I don't think that you understand what a troll means. You don't speak facts and speak baseless nonsense and demand proof while you provide none. 

1. Every manga with little fan have a viewerbase. They made an anime if they deemed it would succeed, and dropped it if it proved not, as proved through anime history.

2. But not that popular, look at Murata OPM in early state with all the .gif, and how people come to OPM just for admiring the art not the story itself. That's how thing work on this world, at least that's how OPM in its early state on Mangafox.

2.1 Never said it wasn't popular, just "not as popular".

- Town wide popular is popular.

- State wide popular is popular.

- World wide popular is popular.

They are still popular but they are not the same.

No you are not you were just biasly refuted it. What the hell proves you are talking about?  I, as the very least, provided some numbers, you provided nothing at all until now.

Selfquote for the edit before your quote.

2.2. His good story have something to do with his popular sure, but it does not mean the Art Murata provided or the ads have nothing to do with it.

2.3. The list goes on and their art isn't terrible. They're good enough. Mob's art is passable, little below average, Original Opm's art is terrible.

Edited by Propodia, 26 December 2015 - 07:33 PM.

geenius3ab

geenius3ab

Potato

• Members
  • 187 posts

1. Every manga with little fan have a viewerbase. They made an anime if they deemed it would succeed, and dropped it if it proved not, as proved through anime history.

2. But not that popular, look at Murata OPM in early state with all the .gif, and how people come to OPM just for admire the art not the story itself. That's how thing work on this world, at least that's how OPM in it early state on Mangafox.

No you are not you were just biasly refuted it.

Selfquote for the edit before your quote.

You keep trolling but w.e I'll give it the final 5 minutes (I keep telling myself that)

1. There's a difference between a manga and a webcomic. 1 has publishing and has a far higher chance of growing into being a big thing (Sold in weekly magazines, etc.) . Webcomic has NOTHING LIKE THAT. ONE worked his ass off with Mob and its success and attention is 100% deserved. And they don't look at small viewerbases lol. You're really optimistic thinking that as long as you have 1000 people who read and enjoy your manga it will get adapted into a anime.  I just told you it's a commitment of atleast 12~36 million or more for anime companies for the short 12 episode anime series (You can google that if you don't believe me.).

2. Look at mob in the early state .. It already has a huge number of videos (and some gifs) as well. And before murata there were still some gifs and videos about One's web comic. That has absolutely nothing to base your claims on. And for your information Mob Psycho already is published as a manga with its "shitty art". Lol.. It's standing as its own product.

Tell me WHERE I "Biasly refuted it"? Do you even know what refuted stands for? It stands for disproving a statement. There's no way of "biasly disproving" something as disproving in itself is objective. I told you facts on the anime industry and manga industry. Told you approximate expenses for anime production, gave you examples of art that is not considered to be good not getting in the way of popularity. Gave you proof and the base of my claims.

And what you added that's slightly inline with what i explained wasn't there when I wrote my message and you can look at my quote. But again ART HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE POPULARITY. There's no half-way crap like "Oh it's passable art" that you're trying to say. There's hundreds of different mangas/animes with shitty art which have been popular and there's absolutely no relation between popularity and art.

This anime/manga looks soo guuuuud the art must be the reason for its popularity... /sarcasm

Crayon-Shin-Chan-Episode-61-English-Dubb

P.S That anime looks like a kids anime but rather is a seinen anime/manga. Tons of black humor in that one and was popular as hell as well. (Art is one of the smallest things that plays a part in popularity. Biggest thing that plays a part is the style and writing of the manga. OPM would have been popular even if it were to be published in its original state. Like Mob Psycho is in the moment.)

Edited by geenius3ab, 26 December 2015 - 07:47 PM.

Propodia

Propodia

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
This anime/manga looks soo guuuuud the art must be the reason for its popularity... /sarcasm

Crayon-Shin-Chan-Episode-61-English-Dubb

P.S That anime looks like a kids anime but rather is a seinen anime/manga. Tons of black humor in that one and was popular as hell as well. (Art is one of the smallest things that plays a part in popularity. )

Because it it's a gag manga and it's an anomaly in itself. Nothing new here.

The art was quite cute, not doodle like original Opm. You can say it's just my bias.

You said most manga in the 90s were like this? I could provide 100+ manga with far better art. What should I start with? oh I know, One piece.

You're really optimistic thinking that as long as you have 1000 people who read and enjoy your manga it will get adapted into a anime.

You kept making shit out of my every line, that was how you biasly refute it. I used refute wrong? ok, replace it whichever you see fit.

Dude, these are what GIFs I was talking about.

https://49.media.tumblr.com/f69c4a8d558dd8d1bf85b66e251a43e9/tumblr_ny2b5i7jv11ua2jlfo1_500.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/c8e47c972bda4941f86a7c1320f775c0/tumblr_miyc1wJcpe1rnt61eo1_r1_500.gif

http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire4/97814ea1e7c7985a1aed76f5fafedcd31362610601_full.gif

http://i.imgur.com/CwW2d3K.jpg

https://49.media.tumblr.com/86d738c4641fb366d89044b12a7389b1/tumblr_nmxegu0xFz1sikpi1o1_500.gif

Not your shitty fanmade ones.

Edited by Propodia, 26 December 2015 - 08:10 PM.

geenius3ab

geenius3ab

Potato

• Members
  • 187 posts

Because it it's a gag manga and it's an anomaly in itself. Nothing new here.

The art was quite cute, not doodle like original Opm. You can say it's just my bias.

You said most manga in the 90s were like this? I could provide 100+ manga with far better art. What should I start with? oh I know, One piece.

You think that OPM doesn't have gag? And how many similar mangas do you know that have the same premise as OPM?

"The art was quite cute" such a nice and subjective line with no base to it. Fact was that its art WAS not good looking compared to other mangas and it was popular. That directly contradicted your claim.

I didn't say that most mangas were like that I said that there were a large amount of animes that looked like shit. Shin chan by no means is the only one that looked bad and I named some which were pretty bad looking. xD

Propodia

Propodia

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts

You think that OPM doesn't have gag?

There you go making shit out of my line again.

It's anomaly, that's why. The fact I mentioned gag is because it was pure gag to me. OPM, include action too, and action is better with better art.

And how many similar mangas do you know that have the same premise as OPM?

Idk what is the point of this question but OP MC? The recently Helck, The devil king is bored, Sidekick, God among men.... There is a threat on Batoto about that.

There are more I know about, but I dont have the time to remember their name.

Edit: add some old shits like Shin Kotaro Makaritoru! Juudouhen, Trigun Maximum, Devil vs Devil (not really, OP in begin and the end), GTO, City Hunter...

These are what you said and what you did.

Edited by geenius3ab, Today, 08:00 PM.

I mean how could manga have people reading it back in the 90s where literally 99% of the mangas looked like shit.

Edited by Propodia, 26 December 2015 - 08:52 PM.

geenius3ab

geenius3ab

Potato

• Members
  • 187 posts

There you go making shit out of my line again.

It's anomaly, that's why. The fact I mentioned gag is because it was pure gag to me. OPM, include action too, and action is better with better art.

Idk what is the point of this question but OP MC? The recently Helck, The devil king is bored, Sidekick, God among men.... There is a threat on Batoto about that.

There are more I know about, but I dont have the time to remember their name.

Edit: add some old shits like Shin Kotaro Makaritoru! Juudouhen, Trigun Maximum, Devil vs Devil (not really, OP in begin and the end), GTO, City Hunter...

1, You made a claim and i took your claim and debunked it. It's your fault for saying that because you claimed that "it's ok only because of that"

2. OPM has action and action is better with art? Better art is always better. But how does this come in here? Because even with bad art, action can be well done (And ONE is realllly fucking good at making action look awesome even with his art.). And your whole claim has been that the only reason why ONE is as popular as he is, is because of Murata version of OPM.. Which I have debunked multiple times by bringing examples of poor art animes/mangas and even explained that popularity of manga has never been related to the quality of the art of the series. That is one of the claims that you have never really explained except for saying that "It looks better".. Which it does.. But does it mean it wouldn't be popular if it didn't have good art? Which I debunked as well by saying that Mob Psycho is already a popular published manga. 

Umm what is so similar about a overpowered MC who lacks common sense at times, living in "todays society" where superheroes are the norm and the world is constantly assaulted by monsters and the MC being a character who never gets credited and he doesn't care about public popularity even though he fights for others. There's no other series about that and OPM is mostly about the side-characters after the intro. Not sure if you have even read OPM? None of the mangas or animes have settings like that and OPM is a completely different manga from others. It's a unique concept in terms of characters and worldbuilding. That's why it's popular.

3.: Well you debunked that. I made a mistake claiming an absolute with that sentence. But it's a fact that compared to the average level of art in 90s and the average level of art today, the 90s mangas looked like shit (Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:1990_manga) .It looked better then what I remembered but still like at least 20% of them look like Crayon Shinchan (The picture above). Fact stands that by todays average they don't look good and some of them are still popular till today (Just take a look if you don't want to believe that claim., There's far more popular mangas that don't have good art and if you'd like I can.)

P.S My point number 3 is far more then what you have done. You haven't admitted faults or anything and have kept on arguing without giving proof.

Edited by geenius3ab, 26 December 2015 - 09:17 PM.

Propodia

Propodia

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
Umm what is so similar about a overpowered MC who lacks common sense at times, living in "todays society" where superheroes are the norm and the world is constantly assaulted by monsters and the MC being a character who never gets credited and he doesn't care about public popularity even though he fights for others

Now your just trolling. If there were sth like that, they would be a clone, not similar anymore.

Edit: Add some more OP mc manga: The new Gate, Overlord, Dr.Slump, Esper Mami, Perman, Rurouni Kenshi & Samurai deeper Kyo(OP at begin, the even out to the end).

i took your claim and debunked it.

More like rewrote it.

action is better with art?

yes, it is. Action screen is better with better art.

See how nowday action game must be 3d and how action movie got remade with better CG?

at least 20% of them look like Crayon Shinchan

I'm out of here, good day kid/newbie.

Edited by Propodia, 26 December 2015 - 09:51 PM.

geenius3ab

geenius3ab

Potato

• Members
  • 187 posts

Now your just trolling. If there were sth like that, they would be a clone, not similar anymore.

Edit: Add some more OP mc manga: The new Gate, Overlord, Dr.Slump, Esper Mami, Perman, Rurouni Kenshi & Samurai deeper Kyo(OP at begin, the even out to the end).

More like rewrote it.

yes, it is. Action screen is better with better art.

See how nowday action game must be 3d and how action movie got remade with better CG?

I'm out of here, good day kid/newbie.

Oh my god you're the trolling one.. Let me guess. You don't read ANYTHING that's written and think it's proper to do a discussion about that? Or wait.. You're not trying to discuss anything as you don't have any base for your claims other than your subjective bias. So now you're not even trying other than attempting to pick at me.. And failing miserably.

1. "More like rewrote it" Read point 3. That was an entire point.. That was the only case where I noticed my mistake because I claimed an absolute.. Which YOU DO ALL THE TIME. And I have been dismantling all of your shit and you're falling back to "it's an exception" which has quite a number of exceptions which makes you look like a fool.

2."Yes action is better with art" .. What the fuck? My whole Point nr. 2 was discussing that exact matter. LOL .. Too tired to read?

3.  You know if there's like 1 or 2 similar things about a setting while the other 100 things are different makes for a completely different experience and story (Demon King is bored is similar to OPM huh? This and that are COMPLETELY different things. Demon King totally has a modern day setting with a chill MC and totally not a sadistic MC who loves tormenting others  Saitama and demon king have nothing in common.. xD.).. So what if there's an OP MC. Is OP MC the only thing that OPM has going for it? No. There's great side-characters, interesting world building, great comedy, nice modern society setting where cyborgs, etc are a thing, awesome story telling.

4. "kid/newbie"? xD.. First off. I said I was out first. Like 50 posts ago. And secondly you haven't even proven your point till now. Everything you say has blown back (Except for taking that 1 absolute claim that I made and that had NOTHING to do other than saying that old 90s manga didn't look THAT bad although it still looks bad compared to mangas right now.). You can count over how many mangas there are with similar art. I think there was like 4-5 badly drawn mangas or even more there that i recognized.  

P.S you don't know what newbie means don't you? xD

Edited by geenius3ab, 27 December 2015 - 09:21 AM.

xzx_

xzx_

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts

One's art is terrible? Uh,maybe at OPM but even then it gets better after 40-50 chapter mark ,especially garou's fight is a blast.

And mob's psycho's art is okay. It kinda fits the gag moments and when shit gets serious well art gets serious as well.

geenius3ab

geenius3ab

Potato

• Members
  • 187 posts

One's art is terrible? Uh,maybe at OPM but even then it gets better after 40-50 chapter mark ,especially garou's fight is a blast.

And mob's psycho's art is okay. It kinda fits the gag moments and when shit gets serious well art gets serious as well.

Though not like art makes anything more or less interesting to read. *shrug*.

With mob psycho One's art has improved leaps and bounds, but I guess it's because he's been practicing a ton :)

Cruxador

Cruxador

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

With Mob Psycho, ONE doesn't do most of the art himself. The latest OPM chapters are a better indication of his own personal increase in skill.