Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

List of mysteries still not answered.

• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

Blunt

Blunt

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 388 posts

Those explanations make sense so I don't think it needs to be added.

Your reminder about Lorraine cleared up my other question. Since AA licenses are pretty much made for Priests and Priest Candidates (you have to be able to score very well on the barrier test to get one) it seemed weird to me that they'd still have a testing orb for Destruction (and presumably Resurrection). But a strong enough triple attribute mage can maintain a barrier with different attributes for a short period of time in cases of emergencies so it makes sense why they would want to test as many competent triples as possible. 

Thanks.

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain

Something confusing I came across when re-reading the flashback to Asha's magic exam. When she's arguing with the barrier test administrator, he says she can't take the test because he only has one Marut attribute. But how can there be a Marut barrier if the Temple of Destruction was destroyed in the Cataclysm?

The Temple of Destruction is in Atera; Asha's magic exam was in Rindhallow.
I remember that the barrier test is done in rooms; each one has barrier stone of different attribute.
They aren't like the main room that operates the barrier around the city; simulation might be involved as well.

Check chapter 25

Edited by Jassim Al-Madeh, 22 June 2015 - 08:26 PM.

Can't decide

-Tyrael-

-Tyrael-

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

Why does Rana think she will stop aging? What kind of deal did she make to get 'it'? (2-130)

Which magician helped Asha get the names from the human search system?

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts
  • LocationSomewhere I can daydream in peace, hopefully.

What exactly happened between Maruna, Riagara and Pingara?

Asking this because there's probably more to it than just Maruna hunting Pingara a couple times.

Some stuff I made: All's here!

My profile on fanfiction.net is here.

Check Kubera out if you don't know it!

Because it's fun to see Leez dying inside and outside all over the place it's a story of romance, psychology and humor. And horror. A little. 

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

I was rereading the Test of the Sword and something hit me...

Why does Sagara always use her transcendental to heal, rather than regular regeneration? 

Neither Yuta nor Alex use one, but Sagara keeps using it. I agree it's handy, but she didn't need it against Brilith, since she turned it off right after... Right?

Now that I think of it, we saw both Ria and Pingara regenerating before, but neither showed the use of a transcendental, either.

So what? Is she hiding something? Or is it just more efficient vigor-wise?

Because it's fun to see Leez dying inside and outside all over the place it's a story of romance, psychology and humor. And horror. A little. 

Sangios

Sangios

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationHarusame's 7th Division

Why does Sagara always use her transcendental to heal, rather than regular regeneration? 

Neither Yuta nor Alex use one, but Sagara keeps using it. I agree it's handy, but she didn't need it against Brilith, since she turned it off right after... Right?

Now that I think of it, we saw both Ria and Pingara regenerating before, but neither showed the use of a transcendental, either.

It probably makes it a helluva lot easier/quicker to regenerate. I mean, I doubt that they all have Transcendentals that aid regeneration. Of the Sura in the main story, Gandharva and Hura are the only other ones who would have those kinds of Transcendentals, right?

Best pairing:

Spoiler

Kitty1826x

Kitty1826x

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationNot Always Sunny Florida

Why does Rana think she will stop aging? What kind of deal did she make to get 'it'? (2-130)

Which magician helped Asha get the names from the human search system?

The Rana thing ... I took that as a partial answer to 'What was the bet that Rana made with Ran's aunt?' ... but if you feel that's an assumption on my part and they aren't related ... I could add it.

Added (And before anyone else says that they know based on the latest Ch. 2-144. That's just a guess :P

What exactly happened between Maruna, Riagara and Pingara?

Asking this because there's probably more to it than just Maruna hunting Pingara a couple times.

Why not Maruna's section is pretty empty ... Added

Huh? 

Yes yes, I know I make longwinded comments, but that's just me >.<
I should proof read my comments more, but I won't...
So keep in mind I'm filled with typos

Link to Kubera's quick translation pads list: http://babokim-scans.ddns.net:9001/p/r.74c75762216421fe02843be5edd86cf0

If you have the time and want to help out BKS: http://babokim-scans.ddns.net:9001/mypads/index.html?/mypads/group/transcribing-and-rewriting-kubera-r912325e/view
Read the first pad "Getting started" for instructions.

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain

We may consider opening a new thread for "list of mysteries WON'T BE answered" :D

Can't decide

Kitty1826x

Kitty1826x

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 412 posts

We may consider opening a new thread for "list of mysteries WON'T BE answered" :D

Already a section for that, scroll to the bottomish of the OP.

Link to Kubera's quick translation pads list: http://babokim-scans.ddns.net:9001/p/r.74c75762216421fe02843be5edd86cf0

If you have the time and want to help out BKS: http://babokim-scans.ddns.net:9001/mypads/index.html?/mypads/group/transcribing-and-rewriting-kubera-r912325e/view

rojo

rojo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,395 posts

Rana -

♦ What was the bet that Rana made with Ran's aunt?

Answered, 2-145.

♦ Did Asha kill all those people?

Answered, Falling Petals arc.

Which AA (Claude, Laila, or Lorriane) helped Asha get the names from the human search system?

Answered, 2-144.

Kitty1826x

Kitty1826x

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 412 posts

Use spoilers rojo >.< not everyone looks at the raws, some wait for BKS to translate Kubera. 

Not going to change Asha's question, since Asha hasn't admitted it, or some flashback of her doing the killing has been shown. Currygom master of making you look one way when you should be looking another. 

I'll update the AA magician question.

Blunt

Blunt

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 388 posts

Rojo really didn't spoil anything though... Just said that those questions got answered in those chapters, not what the answers were. 

Horseshoe Crab

Horseshoe Crab

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 551 posts

I re-read 2-59 and this question came up: What caused the Taraka clan's sudden power-up in N5?

Yuta was stranded in Isholy in N0 and arrived in Willarv in N15, so what was he up to in the meantime other than traveling through space? (I'm assuming here that the power-up is related to Yuta.)

Edited by Horseshoe Crab, 30 July 2015 - 09:14 AM.

BehindTheLighT

BehindTheLighT

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
  • LocationItaly

I don't think it was a power up, but that taraka brought with her some strong sura from her clan, instead of of her usual minions. The gandharva rakshasa was surprised because that big sura didn't resembled the standard taraka sura at all

I'm italian, so please excuse me if my english is not very good, feel free to correct me.

Kubera ITA

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain
Just one big Chaos Sura showed up,
doesn't necessary mean whole clan powered up.
(That dude killed a confident Nastkia like nothing LOL)
Can't decide

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

I think they after Yuta reached second stage, they waited for an opportunity. They attacked the Gandharva Clan before over clans attacked them and after they had been sufficiently weakened.

Stagehand

Stagehand

Potato

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • LocationWherever a moocher may mooch

As Nualie said, they probably wanted to wait until the Gandharva, and Yaksha clans were stuck in the sura realm with them after Yuta reached stage 2 sometime between leaving Garuda and being left behind during the Cataclysm, and presumably powered up his clan a bit in the process. Since the Chaos clan doesn't usually set foot in the human realm, and because the two clans weren't exactly pushovers at the time, it would have been prudent to wait a while.

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

Just thought of something: If a sura wears a DA-amplifier item (ex: the Golden Knight), will he/she be able to use magic?

Paper

Paper

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 498 posts
  • LocationStaring at an abyss that refuses to stare back

Just thought of something: If a sura wears a DA-amplifier item (ex: the Golden Knight), will he/she be able to use magic?

I suppose it depends on the God to whom the item belongs. I mean, God-level items are "part" of that God, and the Gods hate the Sura, so why would any God let their item activate for a Sura?

Here's another question: If Gods can make God-level items, can Nastika make Nastika-level items? The bodies of certain dead Sura are made into ships, the bones of one of the Nastika Kings (was it Yaksha? I can't remember) are used by Half-hunters to capture/restrain Halfs, and the items of clothing worn by Sura are considered part of their bodies and can be given to others or removed from their possession (as shown with Yuta giving Leez his scarf, Gandha giving Teo his coat, etc.). But can Sura (or Nastika, at least) make their own-leveled items? If not now, was it possible back when Fiendish Magic was available (before D0)?

I wish Currygom would show us more glimpses of the Kuberaverse pre-D0...

Spoiler

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

I suppose it depends on the God to whom the item belongs. I mean, God-level items are "part" of that God, and the Gods hate the Sura, so why would any God let their item activate for a Sura?

With that logic, does Hoti Asvins work on sura at all?