Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[OOC] One Last God: Kubera ROLEPLAY Discussion

• Please log in to reply
771 replies to this topic

Tierra

Tierra

Baked Potato

• The Company
  • 1,912 posts
  • LocationGermany

what the hell xD

i like the idea of half equalists tho ha!

the idea of a death god fanatic trying to kill the priest of resurrection is lol. (how about later it turns out she's the pretty student he had a crush on in universtity but who rejected him hahaha)

and i do think you need the body to revive someone.. (at least the main parts? xD)

btw, there's always only 1 priest for 1 temple... (plus some priest candidates)

~*~ Kubera ~*~ Kubera Wiki ~*~ Kubera Fanart ~*~ Kubera TL(En)~*~

~*~ Smile today, tomorrow could be worse. ~*~

Bigf00t

Bigf00t

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationGermany

I tried to take in most ideas that were posted here and some starting point prefenences. Since someone said it is boring to be alone on a quest I made an attemp to cross our path as soon as possible (dont have much experience here) .As long as we know just two backstories it is like writing a story without charackters^^

So gimme some clues^^ , making up storis is something I certainly like to do

smthFishy

smthFishy

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  • Locationsubmerged

Yes, I've noticed that was what bigFoot was doing too - trying to accomodate everyone.

@Tierra - I don't think "half activitists" would work well. I mean, if you have half activists you're going to need the opposition - who's going to play the nasty slave traders? Are the vishnu priests endorsing the slave trade and the yama priests against? Vishnu's temple is in Mistyshore right? That might work. Well, you have someone who wants to play a slave trader, a villain role, I guess.

Any other ideas?

Edited by smthFishy, 25 November 2014 - 05:58 AM.

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts
  • LocationSomewhere I can daydream in peace, hopefully.

Yes, I've noticed that was what bigFoot was doing too - trying to accomodate everyone.

@Tierra - I don't think "half activitists" would work well. I mean, if you have half activists you're going to need the opposition - who's going to play the nasty slave traders? Are the vishnu priests endorsing the slave trade and the yama priests against? Vishnu's temple is in Mistyshore right? That might work. Well, you have someone who wants to play a slave trader, a villain role, I guess.

Any other ideas?

Well, that's also what GMs are here for. NPCs.

I have to do my character sheet... But I have a whole exam week next week T_T... I needa start revising...

Some stuff I made: All's here!

My profile on fanfiction.net is here.

Check Kubera out if you don't know it!

Because it's fun to see Leez dying inside and outside all over the place it's a story of romance, psychology and humor. And horror. A little. 

Ichypa

Ichypa

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationWorshipping at the shrine of Trebor, The Hammer of Justice

Oh my god, my computer was down forever. It was like going through withdrawal. I'm gonna make a character tomorrowish.

First Ideal of the Knights Radiant:

Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination

smthFishy

smthFishy

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  • Locationsubmerged

Alright - who wants to give a template of what a character statistics should and should not include.

As my character is an Ananta raksasa and a mini-boss I'd like to be approximately 3-4 times stronger than the average mid-level character to make the fight seem fair. But I wouldn't have to level after that. Since I'm of the Ananta clan (Manta seems to think godzilla is an Ananta) I would have the clan attribute Earth, and since I dwell in the ocean most of the time, I'd probably have water as my secondary attribute. Of course, I could also cast my famous breath attack, but should probably be limited to only 1 or 2 instance at most in the battle, since it's OP?

Tierra

Tierra

Baked Potato

• The Company
  • 1,912 posts
  • LocationGermany
^
Since when do Anantas have breath. That's a Vritra clan unique...

And a Rakshasa? Really?
I know what my character will do after just one glance: RUN
Our little group would have 0 chance. Even an army of chandra magicians and attack orientated magicians would have problems against a very weak one.
And yours would have to be strong to survive in water...
3-4x stronger than a normal character is too weak for a rakshasa. (Except it's early stage?)

And we don't have levels..

~*~ Kubera ~*~ Kubera Wiki ~*~ Kubera Fanart ~*~ Kubera TL(En)~*~

~*~ Smile today, tomorrow could be worse. ~*~

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

Alright - who wants to give a template of what a character statistics should and should not include.

As my character is an Ananta raksasa and a mini-boss I'd like to be approximately 3-4 times stronger than the average mid-level character to make the fight seem fair. But I wouldn't have to level after that. Since I'm of the Ananta clan (Manta seems to think godzilla is an Ananta) I would have the clan attribute Earth, and since I dwell in the ocean most of the time, I'd probably have water as my secondary attribute. Of course, I could also cast my famous breath attack, but should probably be limited to only 1 or 2 instance at most in the battle, since it's OP?

^
Since when do Anantas have breath. That's a Vritra clan unique...

And a Rakshasa? Really?
I know what my character will do after just one glance: RUN
Our little group would have 0 chance. Even an army of chandra magicians and attack orientated magicians would have problems against a very weak one.
And yours would have to be strong to survive in water...
3-4x stronger than a normal character is too weak for a rakshasa. (Except it's early stage?)

And we don't have levels..

Well, Godzilla has a breath attack... But sorry, just be a 5th stage Upani. 

That's dangerous enough for Asha to run if she's alone. And what are your attributes? Earth/Water and what? Fire, to justify breath?

That's a bit troublesome... Should we do an Upani Character Sheet as well then? Because if you're allowed, anyone else can.

Because it's fun to see Leez dying inside and outside all over the place it's a story of romance, psychology and humor. And horror. A little. 

smthFishy

smthFishy

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  • Locationsubmerged

Hehehe, my breath skill doesn't hurt people - it actually CHARMS them. i.e. Its a water-based attack that has a probability to make the target switch sides. Kukuku... Godzilla is after all, unbelievably charming.

Upani's fine. I don't mind. I am chibi Godzilla. In addition to CHARM BREATH, I also have WONDER ROAR, which gives allies +50% physical attack boost. After all, you're fighting along side chibi Godzilla, how cool is that?!

Let's see. Chibi Godzilla (or just chibizilla) from now on, will also have a normal physical attack.

OK, so let's see what we have:

Chibizilla.

Upani, 5th stage, Ananta clan, Water + Earth.

Health:     ~ 4x of humans, ~2x of halfs,

Vigor:       ~ 3x of humans, ~1.5x of halfs   (what is vigor measured with?)

Strong against: Earth/Water Attacks, damages reduced by half.

Weak  against: Lightling attacks, damages received doubles  *please don't zap me :( *

Physical Attack: ~3x of humans, Damages / SWIPE

Special Attack: Charm breath (50% chance of charming enemy into switching sides for a 3-7 turns), costs 30 VG / cast

Wonder roar   (gives all allies 50% boost in physical attacks, physical transcendentals ),  costs 30 VG / cast

*Chibizilla is a special character that can be unlocked only after certain plot criterias are met. i.e. mini-boss character. Will guard the lower level of Temple of Time.

Edited by smthFishy, 28 November 2014 - 05:29 PM.

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

Hehehe, my breath skill doesn't hurt people - it actually CHARMS them. i.e. Its a water-based attack that has a probability to make the target switch sides. Kukuku... Godzilla is after all, unbelievably charming.

Upani's fine. I don't mind. I am chibi Godzilla. In addition to CHARM BREATH, I also have WONDER ROAR, which gives allies +50% physical attack boost. After all, you're fighting along side chibi Godzilla, how cool is that?!

Let's see. Chibi Godzilla (or just chibizilla) from now on, will also have a normal physical attack.

OK, so let's see what we have:

Chibizilla.

Upani, 5th stage, Ananta clan, Water + Earth.

Health:     ~ 4x of humans, ~2x of halfs,

Vigor:       ~ 3x of humans, ~1.5x of halfs   (what is vigor measured with?)

Strong against: Earth/Water Attacks, damages reduced by half.

Weak  against: Lightling attacks, damages received doubles  *please don't zap me :( *

Physical Attack: ~3x of humans, Damages / SWIPE

Special Attack: Charm breath (50% chance of charming enemy into switching sides for a 3-7 turns), costs 30 VG / cast

Wonder roar   (gives all allies 50% boost in physical attacks, physical transcendentals ),  costs 30 VG / cast

*Chibizilla is a special character that can be unlocked only after certain plot criterias are met. i.e. mini-boss character. Will guard the lower level of Temple of Time.

I like it, but this a roleplay, not a video game. I'm not sure we'll end up with actual "turns". Your charming breath can eventually confuse someone enough for him to attack his allies, but "switching sides for 3-7 turns" just sounds weird to me... Well Manta decides...:P

For the scale, check the CSs...

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

Alright, it's the week before finals week for me, plus I have an actuarial exam to study for later in December, and I'm entering the labor market soon, so I've been ignoring this thread a little. I guess it's time for me to corral all the ideas we've been working through into something tangible; I'll make sure and do that before the weekend is done.

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

Alright, it's the week before finals week for me, plus I have an actuarial exam to study for later in December, and I'm entering the labor market soon, so I've been ignoring this thread a little. I guess it's time for me to corral all the ideas we've been working through into something tangible; I'll make sure and do that before the weekend is done.

Okay, right. My exam week is next week for me too...

themantarays

themantarays

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

Alright, it's about time we got this thing rolling. I made a simpler character system based on the points I liked best. My apologies to everyone who put in the effort previously; it shouldn't be too hard to port your character. I tried to find a balance between stats-based battling and storytelling freedom, and between Kubera hardcore fans and other RPers. There is an example character sheet here. Picture is optional. (You don't mind marrying me, right Tierra? :D)

How this RP will work:

Spoiler

If you don't feel like your character stacks up well, or you feel someone else is OP, don't worry too much; I will do my best to keep things entertaining for everyone.  :D

Edited by themantarays, 30 November 2014 - 04:47 PM.

Socrates

Socrates

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 273 posts

Spoiler

Quick question, Manta:

If I remember correctly, Yama also ages the victim to 12 hours before their death; in Kubera's case it only appeared to age her about 10 years. Will this be featured or can we safely ignore it?

themantarays

themantarays

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

Well the fact that she was aged only that much is important to the plot of kubera, i.e. she only has that long to live anyway. So it's the same thing actually.

But in a more general sense, there is going to be no involvement of existing Kubera characters, if that's what you meant.

Socrates

Socrates

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 273 posts

I meant something more like this:

Person A will die naturally when they are 80. They currently are only 26. So their appearance and traits after the initial 12 hours would be that of their 80 year old form. Would a situation like this occur or will we not have to care due to it being Carte?

themantarays

themantarays

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

Ah okay. After the 12 hour delay, if they normally die at the age of 80, they'd look 80 years old. But for the sake of the RP, we'll assume they have the same abilities and everything.

Edited by themantarays, 30 November 2014 - 02:44 PM.

Socrates

Socrates

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 273 posts

Ahh, excellent! Thanks for the clarification! Also, the calculator for the attributes currently appears to be down, so it looks like I'll be reading up on them on the wiki-page

themantarays

themantarays

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

Great. If you need any help, many people will be able to assist you.

BTW if anyone thinks of a better name than "Cataclysmic" let me know. At first I was going to set it during the cataclysm, but too many unknown factors.

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

Ok, here's mine:

Name: Celia Hael (55 years old, looks 14)

Picture:See here (Seems like I love wasting my time...) She hides a light blue tail under the dress.

Race: Ananta Half 

Birthday Attributes: Earth-Water-Darkness

Divine Affinity: 0

Transcendental Value: 750

Strength: 90

Constitution: 693

Transcendentals:

Spoiler
Bio: Celia is the daughter of an Ananta Upani and a Yaksha Quarter, who both died during the cataclysm. Left alone, persecuted as a Half, she has gone through harsh times, until she settled in a Half village. A few years later, she heard about the mission, and decided to found her older sister, stuck on Carte since the Cataclysm.

Weapon: Celia uses a spear to fight. Usually, she just tides it on her back. It's quite heavy, but as a Half she's fine.