Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

help me find anime/manga with awesome MC

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

julliard

julliard

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

please, can you give me recommendation for anime/manga with awesome protagonist like oregairu or mahouka koukou no rettousei.

protagonist must be awesome and unbeaten. somehow like hachiman who have own method to do something he must do and he must not do (when he do something. its cool). or like tatsuya who always do something brilliant in every encounter he has (which is cool).

they are strong, cold, heartless and merciless, that what make they are awesome protagonist.

hmm, i dont want some mc who just half awesome :)

thanks.

Edited by julliard, 17 September 2014 - 05:41 PM.

DarkPrince

DarkPrince

Cute Potato

• Members
  • 4,800 posts
  • Location「Between Brackets」
Noblesse
It's a webtoon though.

I T ' S   O N L Y   F U N   I F   T H E Y   R U N

julliard

julliard

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

Noblesse
It's a webtoon though.

already read it, somehow i drop it in middle of nowhere :) thanks, and sorry.

Silver Knight

Silver Knight

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts

Try Arifureta, but this isnt' manga, it's WN (Web Novel). You can find it's translation on japtem..

MC starts of quite weak, but then he becomes awesome! :D

50GX7Lx.jpg

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

You want a badass? A brilliant mastermind withour peer? A heartless man that slaughters millions? A Magnificent Bastard?

Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebelion(ANIME) and Death Note(ANIME or MANGA).

There really are none that are equal to Lelouch and Yagami.

Edited by Will of NGE, 17 September 2014 - 07:50 PM.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

blue.monday

blue.monday

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 210 posts

Related thread

Try Jack Frost (not finished, only 20 chapters or so are translated).

-fail

-acquire experience

-use experience to improve behaviour

-succeed
---------------------------------------------------
"The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to such a pass that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love, and in order to occupy and distract himself without love he gives way to passions and coarse pleasures, and sinks to bestiality in his vices, all from continual lying to other men and to himself."  --  Fyodor Dostoyevsky

science hasn't gone far enough  I  Wat zullen we drinken

julliard

julliard

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

Try Arifureta, but this isnt' manga, it's WN (Web Novel). You can find it's translation on japtem..

MC starts of quite weak, but then he becomes awesome! :D

hmm, i dont like mc become awesome in the middle of the story, but, are the mc cold/merciles/heartless? if one of it showed on mc, i think its worth to try, thanks.

You want a badass? A brilliant mastermind withour peer? A heartless man that slaughters millions? A Magnificent Bastard?

Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebelion(ANIME) and Death Note(ANIME or MANGA).

There really are none that are equal to Lelouch and Yagami.

yes lelouch is greatest bastard, and offcourse death note, two of them already watched, thanks for reccomend me old stuff to watch again, any other ideas? :)

Related thread

Try Jack Frost (not finished, only 20 chapters or so are translated).

thank for upcoming threads, yes it related but i consider anime too :P , i will give a try to jack forst.

Edited by julliard, 17 September 2014 - 09:35 PM.

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

yes lelouch is greatest bastard, and offcourse death note, two of them already watched, thanks for reccomend me old stuff to watch again, any other ideas? :)

Well, you can watch the Berserk movies.

There's 3, and Guts is a badass of legends.

OH! And Araragi and Shinobu from xxxxmonogatari series, he can have his moments.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

blue.monday

blue.monday

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 210 posts

There are anime(s) of Hellsing and Hagure Yuusha no Estetica too. The translation of Jack Frost seems to be on hold for like years now. :/

Shinigami-sama ni Saigo no Onegai wo has also a pretty badass MC (brainer type).

Edited by blue.monday, 17 September 2014 - 11:28 PM.

-fail

-acquire experience

-succeed
"The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to such a pass that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love, and in order to occupy and distract himself without love he gives way to passions and coarse pleasures, and sinks to bestiality in his vices, all from continual lying to other men and to himself."  --  Fyodor Dostoyevsky

julliard

julliard

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

Well, you can watch the Berserk movies.

There's 3, and Guts is a badass of legends.

OH! And Araragi and Shinobu from xxxxmonogatari series, he can have his moments.

that's make 5 watchlist :P thank you master.

There are anime(s) of Hellsing and Hagure Yuusha no Estetica too. The translation of Jack Frost seems to be on hold for like years now. :/

Shinigami-sama ni Saigo no Onegai wo has also a pretty badass MC (brainer type).

alucard in hellsing, bring me back memories.... 2nd title never heard before, 

and you give me short manga, short one is the best.. thank you :D

Stud Joe

Stud Joe

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Locationyour mom

If you are fine with an anime, watch Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei. MC is just badass

blue.monday

blue.monday

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 210 posts

1329128597001.png

tatsuya
mahouka koukou no rettousei.

He is already watching and/or reading it.

Btw I really like that gif with the biting.

Edited by blue.monday, 18 September 2014 - 12:43 AM.

-fail

-acquire experience

-succeed

Hjolmar

Hjolmar

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationnoitacoL

Pretty stale recommendation, but Kirito of SAO is pretty Tatsuya-level of unbeatable magic MC.

The protagonist of Star Driver is plot-armored and as such will pretty much always win every fight. The show itself is a bit odd, might not be up your alley.

Izayoi of Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? is pretty close to invincible. Also a gigantic troll.

Kazuma of Kaze no Stigma similarly gives no shits and kicks ass with nary a care. A shame the author passed away so the series will never be finished. The anime is fine though.

Layfon of Chrome Shelled Regios is pretty damn OP in the novels. Haven't watched the anime so I can't speak to that. It seems to be a light novel adaptation thing to have shitty OP protagonists.

A completely awful show, but the protagonist of Hagure Yuusha no Estetica is overpowered. More fanservice than action, and pretty questionable fanservice too.

foNwHOH.png

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

If all else fails, you can go for the Fist of the North Star.

tumblr_mrai4xBAbw1spbtxxo1_500.gif

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Guest_jackaldoom_von_Kartoffel

Guest_jackaldoom_von_Kartoffel
  • Guests
Histories strongest disciple kenichi
Iris zero
Holy land
The breaker
The breaker New waves

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Gunka no Baltzar - Protagonist is a genius who thinks of Everything: military formations, technology, economy, logistics, public opinion, diplomacy and more. And he's actually funny on top of that.
Song of the Long March - best female protagonist Ever. Strong, witty, great at tactics, and she Still gets a lot of character development.

Also, if you read light novels, check out the Legendary Moonlight Sculptor.

Edited by Mizura, 18 September 2014 - 04:34 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Silver Knight

Silver Knight

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts

hmm, i dont like mc become awesome in the middle of the story, but, are the mc cold/merciles/heartless? if one of it showed on mc, i think its worth to try, thanks.

It's actually not in the middle, it's around 7-15 chapters in :D And yeah, he's all of those, cold/merciless/heartless  :D :D :D

Edited by Silver Knight, 18 September 2014 - 01:04 PM.

50GX7Lx.jpg

clamzoopa

clamzoopa

Potato

• Members
  • 164 posts

Would have to recommend One Punch Man.

julliard

julliard

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

stud joe please read my thread first before recommend someting :)

for hjolmar thanks for bringing up some recommendation, some of them i has watch some of them not yet, i will add to my watch list

yes jackaldoom, finally some one bring up iris zero, good protagonist there :D, the other just happen to already read it.

mizura, sorry but i dont have interest to read LN just yet, i do love book (like novel) but LN just dont come in my interest yet, i will take a note for your recommendation :)

Silver Knight, well if the protagonist have the element of what i'm asking, count me in :P

clamzoopa, already watch it.. but thx anyway

there has been a lot of recommendation in just second day i pull this off... great. i will give a feedback later about anime and manga you have recommend to me, but i dont have unlimited time. so i have to say, not very soon :D . but thank you 

clamzoopa

clamzoopa

Potato

• Members
  • 164 posts

Sorry, I'm determined to hopefully come up with at least one:

Aiki

Veritas - the MC definitely isn't unbeaten, but I think he matches your description and IMO, whatever he does is pretty badass

The GetBackers - Ban Mido - I think he has a good mix between intelligence and power and there aren't many matches for him, and Dr. Jackal in the series is good, too

Samurai Deeper Kyo - starts off as such, but...I don't know the whole series is just above 'meh'

Shokugeki no Soma - sorry, that might not be a good one

The Sword of the Emperor

Gamble Fish

Akumetsu - not sure how this would fit him.  He definitely has his own way of doing things...