Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Blast. The rank 1 s class hero.

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

geenius3ab

geenius3ab

Potato

• Members
  • 187 posts

Remember that Garou has only trained against his limiter for a short period of time. It only started to break, in fact I believe because of that fight with Saitama that limits are being placed back upon him.

Again a possibility.

No matter what there's different ways to build the story.

The thing with Saitama is though, that he only did basic training and his limiter broken by doing something that every person can do. Which is completely different from Garou who quickly adapts and when his adaption doesn't work he pushes through his limiter to a new height. I guess it might be possible that Saitama was similar in a way to that so that every time Saitama fought monsters while training he had to break his limiters to get stronger (As in the bog standard strength training was just a small part of him breaking the limiter.).. There's different ways to take this and I don't think we can conclude anything yet because Garou's limiter break made him into a monster so there's a chance it's different from person to person.

combatmaster1o3

combatmaster1o3

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 63 posts

Again a possibility.

No matter what there's different ways to build the story.

The thing with Saitama is though, that he only did basic training and his limiter broken by doing something that every person can do. Which is completely different from Garou who quickly adapts and when his adaption doesn't work he pushes through his limiter to a new height. I guess it might be possible that Saitama was similar in a way to that so that every time Saitama fought monsters while training he had to break his limiters to get stronger (As in the bog standard strength training was just a small part of him breaking the limiter.).. There's different ways to take this and I don't think we can conclude anything yet because Garou's limiter break made him into a monster so there's a chance it's different from person to person.

Again its not like he is different from others, I mean he apparently is not suppose to do average things but he did anyways. I don't think the explanation of his limiter is actually valid or completely true. More explanation from the future is inevitable so I don't want to hypothesize anything but I do have to say that I think he 'evolved' on his own. Like he said he molded himself into what he wanted, is that not what exercise is?

Demotivator

Demotivator

Potato

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • Locationis currently being determined...

Necro powers activate !!

With this recent revelation, I think Blast could be the person that finally gives Saitama the fight he's been desperately seeking. They share a few similarities such as hero for a hobby, extremely OP (in Blast's case this is implied) etc.

Also, I think Blast may be the leader of this new Hero Association... 

Could Blast be one of the Kageyama brothers from Mob Psycho 100 ? Black hair and all that jazz...

Some people want to watch the world burn... I am one of them ;)

Hehehe... Hidden In the Shadows, You Cannot Follow the Movements of This FUG Slayer Candidate... ;) 

combatmaster1o3

combatmaster1o3

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 63 posts

Necro powers activate !!

With this recent revelation, I think Blast could be the person that finally gives Saitama the fight he's been desperately seeking. They share a few similarities such as hero for a hobby, extremely OP (in Blast's case this is implied) etc.

Also, I think Blast may be the leader of this new Hero Association... 

Could Blast be one of the Kageyama brothers from Mob Psycho 100 ? Black hair and all that jazz...

Its uncanny on how similar Blast & Saitamas personalities are. Both started to be heroes for hobbies. Both have overwhelming power and both above all don't care about boasting. Blast is essentialy Saitama of the future, so bored out of his skull that he does not care anymore. Im predicting some serous teaching from Saitama to Blast.

snorca

snorca

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Its uncanny on how similar Blast & Saitamas personalities are. Both started to be heroes for hobbies. Both have overwhelming power and both above all don't care about boasting. Blast is essentialy Saitama of the future, so bored out of his skull that he does not care anymore. Im predicting some serous teaching from Saitama to Blast.

There is already a major difference between the two that I can see spark their fight.... Blast has hair.

Edited by snorca, 10 March 2016 - 04:26 PM.

OnePunchManFan

OnePunchManFan

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationFollowing Saitama...

I don't think OPM would start a fight over something petty like that. ...Frankly, I don't think we've ever seen Saitama start a fight. Everyone seems to start fights with him. XD

Anywhoo - yeah, finally! We get to see Blast. So going by the time, Blast should be in his late thirties, early forties now? 

Demotivator

Demotivator

Potato

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • Locationis currently being determined...

I don't think OPM would start a fight over something petty like that. ...Frankly, I don't think we've ever seen Saitama start a fight. Everyone seems to start fights with him. XD

Anywhoo - yeah, finally! We get to see Blast. So going by the time, Blast should be in his late thirties, early forties now? 

Well you never know in this series, anything and everything is played for laughs XD

I'd say early forties minimum, Blast looked and talked like a fully grown man who'd experienced some stuff in his time.

Some people want to watch the world burn... I am one of them ;)

Hehehe... Hidden In the Shadows, You Cannot Follow the Movements of This FUG Slayer Candidate... ;) 

Hei_BK-201

Hei_BK-201

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

In my opinion, and this is entirely speculation, based on Blast's conversation with Tatsumaki and his appearance, I'm going with the presumption that Saitama and Blast are related in some way or another. Blast shares the same mindset as Saitama in that they're heroes for a hobby and not for anything grand like ideals, or traumatic or happy past experiences that typically define heroes. Their costumes are both bland, Saitama's much more so than Blast's and they both have capes. If you noticed, none of the other S-Class heroes have capes so capes are unique to Saitama and Blast (excluding all other characters of insignificance). They both have enough power that it acts like a strange charisma. In Saitama's case, he has many followers and Blast, from the glimpse we've seen of him, attracted anti-social Tatsumaki to the idea of being a hero. These are just some clues that I've gathered from my perspective so feel free to interject. Note: See end before writing scathing replies about the date of these posts I responded to.

@Godon "Blast being evil might not be a threat to saitama since saitama is said to have broken the hero hero testing records physically. Hence saitama should be stronger than blast which might also not be the case.

Also with this naming sense they have got to have something in common : silver fang (bang) ,his brother (bomb), and of cause there's blast. Since those two are on top in the martial arts world, i think blast has got to be related to the martial arts world or to bang somehow. Probably."

Your first statement is not valid. Like King, Blast may have been approached by the Heroes Association and automatically installed into S-Class without taking the Hero Exams, both physical and mental. If so, he wouldn't have been able to break the record. There is a number of variables which could explain Blast not having to take the Hero Exam as well. Also, about the naming schemes you pointed out, it is an interesting connection you made. However, I don't think it plays a part in helping identifying Blast's true identity. You could be right and I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem likely that Blast is a part of the martial arts world. First, he doesn't hold himself like a martial arts master. All martial arts masters are extremely disciplined and that is what makes them masters of their crafts. From what we've seen, Blast has no discipline at all. Secondly, from what I've gathered, Bang and Bomb are their original names and have no relation to their fighting styles, instead of nicknames that were given to them based on their fighting styles. Also, if Blast was part of the martial arts community, he would be known without a doubt. The martial arts community is a very close-knit community and martial arts techniques are readily apparent to a trained eye. So, had blast ever defeated a monster or human, a martial arts master would have been able to analyze the techniques used, come to the conclusion that they don't or do recognize the style, and might possible be able to point out the user.

@syLph "Judging by his name alone I'd expect Blast to be either a master of pyrokinesis or also some kind of cyborg using weapons to blast stuff away. As for the later I could imagine him to be the cyborg who destroyed Genos hometown... like during his job because he's just overkill. That would add some fuel into the story actually, but I don't really think he's that cyborg. I guess the pyrokinesis one is more probable since we already have a couple cyborgs and someone focussing on using fire is still missing."

I could entirely be trying to think outside the box too much, but it seems highly unlikely that Blast is a master of pyrokinesis or an explosive ordinance master simply because his name is what it is. Just like Bang doesn't use guns or Bomb doesn't throw sticks of dynamite, Blast will likely not use something that is explosive, be it a power or a tool. Also, speaking after Ch. 106 (v3) was released, it is highly unlikely that he is a pyrokinetic, a cyborg, or an esper. If he was a pyrokinetic, that monster would be crispy and there wouldn't be a pool of blood beneath it. He doesn't possess an analytical mind similar to Geno's either from what I gathered from the conversation between him and Tatsumaki so cyborg seems less likely. Although it could be that all of his body with the exception of his head is robotic, but if that were true, would he really be wearing gloves or such a stuffy outfit? After all, Geno's body needs to breath so it would be within reason that Blast's body would need to as well. An esper is the most unlikely considering Tatsumaki is an extremely powerful esper and she witnessed Blast firsthand and said nothing about him being a more powerful esper. On top of which, what kind of esper wears a hero costume with gloves and all? Espers do not dirty their own hands so what is the point in wearing gloves. Just compare Blast's appearance to Tatsumaki's appearance. It's a world of difference and I don't think it is all due to personal tastes.

I realize these comments are old so put down the stones and hear me out. Even though these comments are old, they likely still reflect a portion, even if it is a small portion, of some of the readers' beliefs or views. So, I decided to put forth my views so that they may help to illuminate the dark nether regions of your brain.

newsearching

newsearching

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

In my opinion, and this is entirely speculation, based on Blast's conversation with Tatsumaki and his appearance, I'm going with the presumption that Saitama and Blast are related in some way or another. Blast shares the same mindset as Saitama in that they're heroes for a hobby and not for anything grand like ideals, or traumatic or happy past experiences that typically define heroes. Their costumes are both bland, Saitama's much more so than Blast's and they both have capes. If you noticed, none of the other S-Class heroes have capes so capes are unique to Saitama and Blast (excluding all other characters of insignificance). They both have enough power that it acts like a strange charisma. In Saitama's case, he has many followers and Blast, from the glimpse we've seen of him, attracted anti-social Tatsumaki to the idea of being a hero. These are just some clues that I've gathered from my perspective so feel free to interject. Note: See end before writing scathing replies about the date of these posts I responded to.

I don't think Saitama and Blast are related. Rather, I think their similarity is supposed to show how a certain mindset can make people act alike. My theory is that just like Saitama, Blast is just some random guy who decided to go out and become a hero as a hobby. I think ONE is gonna make a joke out of his character by saying that Blast hasn't done any hero work in a while because he got caught up in some other random hobby like fishing or wood-working. And then when the hero association tried to call him about Boros or Garou, he goes but by the time he gets there, Saitama already took care of it. So then he just kinda goes "Well it worked itself out." And then he goes back to his random hobby.

However, I think Blast is going to be another foil character to Saitama. We already have Genos, Garou, Mumen Rider, and King who all act to contrast against Saitama in some way. Blast told Tatsumaki to not expect others to save you, so maybe there was a different catalyst to him becoming a hero. Saitama became a hero after helping some kid, but maybe Blast became a hero after saving himself. It's not out of vengeance that he kills monsters, but rather he found out that killing monsters is fun after being forced to kill one. So now it's just a thing he likes to do as a hobby. That's my idea anyway.

Edited by newsearching, 25 March 2016 - 03:55 AM.

Windows 3000 Sux Man

Windows 3000 Sux Man

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

There is already a major difference between the two that I can see spark their fight.... Blast has hair.

I think it's just that time travel cures baldness.

or one of Genos's hair restoration schemes went horribly right

sk8late

sk8late

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

maybe blast is Saitama hero as a hobby and a real job rest of time. his apparent age might work.

XShimasaki808x

XShimasaki808x

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
I think Blast broke his limiter and he does exist. S Class hero 2 (forgot her name) met him before. Also, Saitama broke his limiter but took training to get where he's at. So yeah. I'm responding to other post but I don't know how to actually reply.

Edited by XShimasaki808x, 01 June 2016 - 10:17 AM.

XShimasaki808x

XShimasaki808x

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

This absolutely does not prevent Blast being the spot created for the person who saved Chinner's Grandson.Simple evidence: Not a single S Class hero (and presumably none under them) have ever met Blast. As such, it is very possible for Blast to be nonexistant, until the person who saved Chinner's Grandson showing up.

If you read the original Manga for OPM. The S class 2 girl ( forgot her name) met Blast. She became a hero because of Blast.

Dark_Ardhyrha

Dark_Ardhyrha

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationAnother Earth
as for me. i bet that blast is actually saitama before he gone bald. the thing blast said to her is a lil similiar words that saitama said to her lil sister in recently.

Tuulos

Tuulos

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

as for me. i bet that blast is actually saitama before he gone bald. the thing blast said to her is a lil similiar words that saitama said to her lil sister in recently.

I don't really think so since he was actually working while being a hero while Saitama was unemployed and Hero Association can actually contact Blast. And while it's hard to say due to Tornado seemingly not aging, their meeting seems to have happened before Saitama started being a hero for a hobby. I think it's more likely that Blast would be a blood relative of Saitama, father or older brother most likely. ONE is certainly teasing us with his identity.

SpeakEasy

SpeakEasy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
I am new to the whole world of manga and one punch man is about the only reason I got involved in this site.
My wife is Japanese so I've seen everything ghibli related and we let our kids read all manners of kids maga but one punch man really opened my eyes to the great stuff in manga and I'm an avid comic book geek so it was nice to find new material.

Anyways, my theory on blast hasn't been touched on here yet, I don't think.
I imagine that time travel is something that will come into play or at least a restart of some kind.
I'll come back to this train of thought.
Anyways the one thing I've taken away from the OPM series is that Saitama is always looking for the real fight, the real test of his abilities.
He says that he always dreamed of being able to defeat ANY opponent with just one punch so what happens if after years of doing so he fights an opponent he cannot defeat.
We'd have to assume that any opponent he cannot defeat no one can, so that opponent will be a God level threat or worse, something that threatens all of existence.
Now we've been introduced to a "God" character who bestowed powers on one of the monsters, who's to say they're aren't other God like characters?
So what if Blast is Saitama who has gone through the motions repeatedly, always reaching this epic climax only to lose each time?
And what if these entities realize that Saitama is the only hope they have but he has to acquire the abilities to defeat this foe, he can no longer rely on just one punch.
So he goes back to the start, when he's already broken his limiter and starts learning about cybernetic enhancements, then he still can't beat the monster so he goes back and learns and masters all martial arts he can, still no luck.
And now this time he's gone back and is learning about esper abilities and that's why he could "sense" Tatsumakis abilties.
Or he just remembers her because he's met her several times over.
So ONE is an extremely talented writer and visionary and I don't imagine he'll go the expected route, which I believe is Blast is simply a relative of Saitama, I think he'll go a much more mind blowing/epic arc.
And I feel like finally, at the end of his story we learn that Saitama finally got his wish and found an opponent he cannot defeat at all let alone with one punch so he goes back trying to learn more and more how to defeat the monster.

Or another theory is Saitama reaches a fight that makes him doubt himself and his hair grows back as his limiter comes back since he begins to think he's limited again "the only limitations a man has are the ones he places on himself" but he manages to finally defeat the opponent but realizes he'll never have a fight like that again so he goes back time and time again to relive the thrill of the battle.
Anyways, regardless I'm so excited to see where they go with the story, it's phenomenal.

Thanks for taking the time to read if you get this far.

HelioBM

HelioBM

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
Blast IS Saitama, probably. Tatsumaki memories is dim... And wig is also probability :-)
About Association`s contact with Blast - it`s bluff, most likely.

Vice Admiral Luffy

Vice Admiral Luffy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts

Blast is Saitama. the earth is in trouble prophecy comes true and as a result of preventing it, saitama is transported into the past where he takes the hero name Blast and manages to grow his hair back. 

he saves Tatsumaki knowing who she is and what she could become and because he's already lived through the current present he does nothing cause the time to act is yet to come. 

Edited by Vice Admiral Luffy, 26 December 2016 - 11:42 AM.

lygarx

lygarx

Potato

• Members
  • 170 posts

Blast probably doesn't exist. The description he's getting makes it reasonable that he is just a myth created for the rest of the heroes. Probably by Chinner. Someone made a thread and said the No.1 seat is made by Chinner for the person who saved his grand-kid. Or maybe he just did that regardless and Saitama is going to get that seat eventually anyway.

except Tatsumaki has met him. 

bjdooi

bjdooi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

except Tatsumaki has met him. 

notice the comment was written 3 years ago, no one really knew at all