Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Naver Titles

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
138 replies to this topic

Strike

Strike

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 50 posts

Which is amusing, in a sense, since the scanslations on batoto were providing advertisement to an extent, though they weren't bringing in revenue.

Shrimpeh

Shrimpeh

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 552 posts
  • LocationCity of Legacia

Yeah, I see most of the people who whine aren't scanlators. *shrugs* Scanlation is not legal, remember.

i never said anything about it being legal....

What the copy-right holders are doing isn't smart, infact it is the opposite as i am concerned, however they have every right to do so.

And we whine, because, as i said, we have no other way to read/watch what we want/love.

(btw I have nothing to do with the site it's just my nickname since onemanga was still around)

why did you have to say this?

it could've been fun :<

Lonely-signature.png

my ideal girl: nice, shy, beautiful, loyal, outgoing, half-traditonal, half modern,  preferably black hair or red hair, has a sense of humor, a little nerd-ish / otaku-ish. 

Badshah

Badshah

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Welp, that sucks. I doubt Naver is even going to translate already completed webtoons like transfer studen storm bringer. This was not a good move on their part.

Tgirl

Tgirl

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 51 posts

Oh well.  Time to go back to the ol' fashion look at the raws and guess what they're saying. Yippee!

And on some occasions, some kind soul will put a translation script on their site and go off from there.

Edited by Tgirl, 26 July 2014 - 09:58 PM.

skules

skules

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 55 posts

That sad moment when other websites are still fully up in shitter quality...

The_nobless

The_nobless

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts

also the design of their previous website : http://comic.naver.com/en/ was much better than webtoons.com

FLY

FLY

Potato Sprout

• Donator
  • 8 posts
  • LocationParis, France

A lot of people are complaining that it would be a bother to go to every scanlators website. Well, I wouldn't mind, but which site ?? I don't remember all of them. Can we have a list of all the removed webtoons and their scanlator's website ?

remmy

remmy

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 35 posts

A lot of people are complaining that it would be a bother to go to every scanlators website. Well, I wouldn't mind, but which site ?? I don't remember all of them. Can we have a list of all the removed webtoons and their scanlator's website ?

Mangaupdates.com + this script (requires Greasemonkey for Firefox/Tampermonkey for Chrome)

Look for your favorite webtoon in the search.

Edited by silverstorm, 27 July 2014 - 11:12 AM.

FLY

FLY

Potato Sprout

• Donator
  • 8 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Thanks. Totally forgot about that site, haven't used it in years!

So before it disappears, you can still get the whole of ToG season 2 on the mediafire links from The Company website, not season one though, apparently it was uploaded only on batoto, so it was deleted too :(

I also got my personnal archives of Noblesse (seasons 1-6) and Ability, if anybody's interested (though as it was my personal archive not meant for sharing, I removed the tons of copies of the teams' credits pages and I feel a little uncomfortable sharing it without the due credits...)

If people have some archive that are not available online anymore, I'm interested. I mean if you have the nice versions, not the badly translated Naver ones.

What was also really great on the company's ToG was all the bonus contents translated from the cafe with lots of info you can't have by just reading the main story.

So I'm looking for:

City of the Dead Sorcerer
DICE
Divine Bells
Dr. Frost
Dragon Recipe
Dragon's Son Changsik
How to Hug an Elephant
Let's Fight Ghost
Noblesse (s07)
NoNameD
Soul Cartel
Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private High School
The Dragon Next Door
The Flow
The Gamer
The God of High School
Tower of God (s01)

(I actually haven't had the time to look if it's still available on the teams' site yet. I know The Company stuff isn't at least)

nevernown

nevernown

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • Location-1x378DE022

I have a... Partial... Backup of Dr. Frost and The Gamer.

Due to internet issues, I sometimes download stuff rather than reading it on-site.

But those aren't complete.

For now, "The Gamer" is still gettable at mngacow, I believe.

Professional Titles, granted by forum-members: Hobbit, Wordsmith, Weirdo, Creep, Reachable Height, DJ, Bishie, Beautiful Poet, Professor, Dutchie-Boy, Writer, Pervy-Sage, Cookie, "Teia: Oh gosh", Geeky boy, Traitor, Stalker (more to be expected)

gkq0.png

Creativity
- Thoughts
- SoundCloud

FLY

FLY

Potato Sprout

• Donator
  • 8 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Holy sh*t!! Tried webtoons.com, I knew translations were bad and that it was apparently very ugly, but it's actually so badly made that my browser crashes twice before I can read a chapter!!

It litterally prefers killing itself than browse the site! It's crazy!

Bobby W.

Bobby W.

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • LocationMedan, Indonesia

Oh well, I'm not personally trouble by this, because I'm more into manga and light novel. I've never read a single webtoon before (well, I took a peek at Tower of God though, but dropped it afterward because I couldn't imagine how my image viewer was going to display webtoon if I downloaded them).

But well, I personally though that Naver's move was kinda odd after taking a look at their reader, and after knowing the fact that most of the taken down titles aren't even available on their reader.

Edited by Bobby W., 31 July 2014 - 03:44 PM.

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." - Albert Einstein

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

So just in case people were done freaking out, some others have made me aware of this: 

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/07/28/japanese-government-to-start-anti-animemanga-piracy-operation-next-month

I had a look at the websites recommended for targeting; the advisory report is all in Japanese, but Batoto seems to be the #11 manga hosting site on the web (edit: according to the report), so it's probably going to be targeted.  :(

Edited by ♫The Manta Rays-Alright!, 31 July 2014 - 06:22 AM.

2hot4you

2hot4you

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationThe Wild
The good guys always bite the bullet eh?

After all the fighting for justice, you get your ass kicked by the one you were protecting, kinda ironic

aovnZo7.png

Subbed

Subbed

Ascending Cat

• General Mods
  • 256 posts

It would seem 129 titles are effected overall. Keep it strong.

So just in case people were done freaking out, some others have made me aware of this: 

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/07/28/japanese-government-to-start-anti-animemanga-piracy-operation-next-month

I had a look at the websites recommended for targeting; the advisory report is all in Japanese, but Batoto seems to be the #11 manga hosting site on the web (edit: according to the report), so it's probably going to be targeted.  :(

This actually isn't today's news, but yeah, Batoto is named on Page 11 which has been pointed out on multiple topics now.

Edited by Subpyro, 31 July 2014 - 10:10 AM.

Bobby W.

Bobby W.

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • LocationMedan, Indonesia

They even established a law that prevents Japanese civilians to download illegal contents now. Threatening them with 2 years jail from merely downloading copyrighted materials. Oh, cow..

Edited by Bobby W., 31 July 2014 - 03:57 PM.

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." - Albert Einstein

LONGTIME

LONGTIME

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

i never said anything about it being legal....

What the copy-right holders are doing isn't smart, infact it is the opposite as i am concerned, however they have every right to do so.

And we whine, because, as i said, we have no other way to read/watch what we want/love.

Learn the language. If that's too much trouble, then you really don't love it.

Edited by LONGTIME, 01 August 2014 - 01:38 AM.

Drakan

Drakan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina

Learn the language. If that's too much trouble, then you really don't love it.

sure, it's totally easy to become fluent enough to read a language that has a completely different alphabet and structure, most people who come to sites like batoto usually don't have the chance to learn these languages, most of us cant learn naturally as we don't live near people who speak it, can't affort a formal course (either for economical reasons or time constraints), and you can't really google "learn2read" and expect something reliable.

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

Um, that might or might not have been a joke.

Anyway, all important things have been said. Let's not argue anymore.

===============

Manta, I had already locked this thread... ~Gru

Edited by Grumpy, 01 August 2014 - 10:55 AM.