Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Naver Titles

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
138 replies to this topic

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

We have been requested by Naver to remove all titles specified by them for all languages.

Please do not upload any new chapters which have been removed. The comic pages themselves have been left there as a notice to not upload.

They have also expressed no interest in setting any type of presence or promotion on Batoto.

==================

Update:

A Fairy Tale for the Demon Lord is not a Naver's title and thus have no right to request it for removal. I have restored it. It was an oversight of failing to double-check every comic.

A full list of requested removal are:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iSOBvVOFwRqddyubFUKlEQXJzALBFMk5o1qDnVJ-d7o/edit#gid=0

Edited by Grumpy, 25 July 2014 - 04:31 AM.

Everath

Everath

Lord of Longcats

• Contrib Mods
  • 120 posts
  • LocationLongcat Universe

Dunno what to say more than it sux. ;<

androssi_02_broken.png

MrIncognito

MrIncognito

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts
Probably because you can now read official translations of most of those at webtoons.com.

sneezing_panda

sneezing_panda

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Yea, you can read them, they are just AGES AND AGES behind. Like, just on the first few chapters.

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA

Probably because you can now read official translations of most of those at webtoons.com.

You can read them yes, but...

You can't read ALL of the titles (some of the ones requested to take down aren't even on the site)

You can't read all of the CHAPTERS of those titles (many are just grossly behind, like Orange Marmalade)

And don't even get me started on the quality.

My words are my own, and do not represent Batoto in any way, shape, or form unless otherwise stated in the post itself ^.^

Orz

Orz

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
The release of the Line webtoons app seems to have been the clincher, I think.

Scanlators have done their job in getting these titles officially localized, though it kinda sucks more than anything (for reasons others have stated). Welp, too bad Naver wants nothing to do with Batoto. :(

Chilled SDK

Chilled SDK

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • Location...

Well there goes a huge portion of translated manhwa down the drain. Have a feeling it will be months or even years before seeing not very well known ones to be put up on that site. Even more so for completed titles.

agilw

agilw

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

aww man
every single one? or just some specified title?

lves

lves

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 93 posts

Dunno what to say more than it sux. ;<

So that means no more Dice and ToG?

Ahhh... and I was waiting for the new chapters... Welp, there's nothing we can do I guess, it is their choice after all

Hope you didn't have to go through a lot of trouble Grumpy.

Everath

Everath

Lord of Longcats

• Contrib Mods
  • 120 posts
  • LocationLongcat Universe

So that means no more Dice and ToG?

Ahhh... and I was waiting for the new chapters... Welp, there's nothing we can do I guess, it is their choice after all

Hope you didn't have to go through a lot of trouble Grumpy.

Will continue dice, just not hosting it here (heh mby we got more traffic to our site .---. unless ppl run to other aggrigator sites.). Will change if we (Silent Sky) get a DMCA tho.

androssi_02_broken.png

Mattkun

Mattkun

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts

So now that most of the Naver titles have been taken down are the scanlation groups interested in grouping together all of the downloads onto one file? I spent a good 2 hours yesterday downloading different webtoons but noblesse, kubera, and TOG are all real messy. It's a big hassle to download them one at a time. So is anyone willing to group them all together into one easy download? Since you guys have all the files already. 

Archmage Lezard

Archmage Lezard

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts

Goodbye, and good riddance. Less junk to filter through when new chapters come up.

There is only one Swagamoto, and I am his prophet

Aereus

Aereus

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 92 posts

As usual, they have the reputable site remove them, which just leaves them on all the Chinese aggregators that don't give a fuck. And as you said, many of them aren't even on that site. So either interest in Naver stuff goes down the tubes now, as scanlators won't introduce people to new titles anymore, (And Naver will only put what they feel are the most popular on that site) or it goes to sites that line the pockets of NOEZ. gg

Alraisen

Alraisen

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • LocationProbably not here.

Like, really, I wanted to give an opportunity to Naver, but they're doing a very bad job. I can't recall a good thing they've done since they started this.

Spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/FZox7ZH.gif

Spoiler

remmy

remmy

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 35 posts

Why were titles that aren't even available on LINE webtoons removed? I feel pretty upset about that.

(Yes, I get that I can still go to the scanlator's site for releases, at least for now.)

So, is it another year or so till I see those titles officially in English? Ooh! Better yet, it'll start from chapter 1 so I can relive those 2-3 years just so that I can never be caught up to the latest chapter!

Edit: I am not upset at Batoto. You guys did what you had to. And I do get why Naver would do this; I just don't like it.

Edited by silverstorm, 24 July 2014 - 07:26 AM.

Aereus

Aereus

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 92 posts

I just took a look at their website... my lord, it's worse than scanlation quality. You have to hit Control-Minus a few times to shrink the pages to a size they aren't bloated at. And even then, the dialogue is incredibly Engrishy, like playing some terribly localized MMO...

Vakuza

Vakuza

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts

So we can no longer have quality manhwa ( from naver ) to read. The "translations" they are providing leave a lot to be desired...

maffa

maffa

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Locationitaly

i get the feeling that the one that will get hurt the most will be him in the end. 

scanlation is a powerful way to get your name known around the world. As good as they are, webtoons and manwhas arent up to par with mangas yet. Good luck in having your work recognized outside your backyard.

TraSua

TraSua

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

I understand why Naver did what they did, but they're so stupid for not wanting to form some sort of compromise with Batoto.

They can create another website for example but dedicated to English speakers and have Korean-American volunteer to translate their titles.

They're going to lose so many foreign interest now.

Gendalph

Gendalph

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 576 posts
  • Locationbeyond the Veil
My list:
The Gamer (7/46)
Magician (7/337)
Soul Cartel (6/102)
Dragon Recipe (N/A)
City of the Dead Sorcerer (N/A)
A Fairytale for the Demon Lord (N/A)
Son Yeon Jeon [Limit] (N/A)
Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private High School (N/A)

Hello, Naver, you've just got yourselves a new hater.