Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

The Official One Piece Discussion Thread

one piece new chapter manga predictions official

• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

foursony

foursony

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
One Piece!

One Piece is a long-running shōnen manga written and illustrated by Eiichiro Oda, that has been serialized in Weekly Shōnen Jump since August 4, 1997. The individual chapters are being published in tankōbon volumes by Shueisha, with the first released on December 24, 1997 and the 58th volume released as of June 2010. In 2009, Shueisha announced that they sold 176 million volumes of One Piece manga so far; volume 56 set a new record for the highest initial print run of any manga in history. One Piece follows the adventures of Monkey D. Luffy, a 17-year-old boy who gained incredible abilities by eating a magical fruit, and his ragtag crew of heroic pirates, named the Straw Hats. Luffy's greatest ambition is to obtain the world's ultimate treasure, One Piece, and thereby become the next Pirate King.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Piece)

Discuss anything about One Piece, newest release of anime or manga, in here.

NoGood_man

NoGood_man

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
I just hope the FI arc finish soon and we get to the new world.
Right now, it's not really very interesting. I want to see more of the SH abilities, but with this enemies it's not really exciting.

Betcho

Betcho

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
what what...first page haha

ofc not everything should be stupidly easy, but after training for 2 years we would expect luffy to just humiliate his first real opponent but no...that doesnt seem to be the case

Kyujyu

Kyujyu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Southeast Asia
Well they are fighting in the water to make luffy battle hard, I guess the others will quickly defeat their opponent but if eichiro oda wants to make this arc longer then that sucks...

Betcho

Betcho

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
not really...overpowered should be overpowered not matter what but, there it is hes finally gonna take it seriously

Mad_Scientist

Mad_Scientist

Potato

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationStuck between a rock and a hard place.
Well it should be a total wipe-out except for Luffy and Zoro's fight. I think what Oda is trying to convey is that even under unfavourable conditions because of his training, he can still win.
"I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that."

"I ain't such a saint that I can promise to risk my life for strangers. Neither am I scum enough to sit quietly by while people are getting hurt before my eyes"

Tr0pic0n

Tr0pic0n

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 28 posts
I do agree with the fact that the Fishman Island Arc is rather underwhelming for an Oda masterpiece. But it's still full of kick-ass, and I love it for that.
-Links to some sites coming soon. For now, have a pineapple.

foursony

foursony

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
i think this coming week after the break will be the last 3-5 chapter's of fishman island.

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  • Locationsometimes here, most of the time there.
I enjoy the FI arc of OP honestly. Most esppecially when the history of the said island was being narrated. I'm just disappointed since I'm hunger for the crew's fight. There are fights in this arc, yes.. but it's only a bit. I want a full blown action pack scene! I do hope Oda will make more than ever after this arc :)

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
I still found this arc a lot more enjoyable than the sky island and foxy pirates arc and there has to be a transition in which they reveal their abilities (against a 100,000 soldier army is a perfect scenario). I honestly don't think it's that bad despite what people say.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
well I bet people tend to be bored in thia arc because of the flash backs and narrations about FI past? But I felt the opposite, Knowing about the past of FI was really interesting for me, and for some reason my judgement about arlong has changed for a bit.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
hmm I'd judge Arlong the same. I understand his hatred for humans but looking back at the arc for Nami's hometown, much of his actions are merely for the sake of greed and lust for power rather than stemming from a desire for revenge.

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
hmm. I think it's both hatred and desire. but whatever arlong done it has some "root". Back then I though Arlong was the meniest (I don't know what word to associate XD) among the fishman races but now I proved that Hody is the most among them all.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

hmm. I think it's both hatred and desire. but whatever arlong done it has some "root". Back then I though Arlong was the meniest (I don't know what word to associate XD) among the fishman races but now I proved that Hody is the most among them all.

I think it's "meanest" lol
And what I'm saying is that his hatred for humans serves less as an ulterior motive for the actions he has committed.

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
I'm sorry for being so idiot about the spelling of meanest whatsover. haha!

Mad_Scientist

Mad_Scientist

Potato

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationStuck between a rock and a hard place.
Question is do you think the Straw Hat Pirates will gain a new nakama? In my opinion, there have been hints about it.
"I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that."

"I ain't such a saint that I can promise to risk my life for strangers. Neither am I scum enough to sit quietly by while people are getting hurt before my eyes"

werewulfking

werewulfking

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationGermany
Well I often thought about how Jinbei is desplayed in the fights as working together with the Strawhats. But with the latest chapter I am not that sure about him joining anymore. With what the seaking said "you so strongly wished to become his strength" it also seems entirely possible that Shirahoshi may be joining

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
If so, they'll be getting a new member with a greater/equal bounty relative to the captain... (does jinbei have a 400 million bounty or is it higher than that?)

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
I do wish jinbei to become the NN. At first I'm thinking that he can't be since for sure he'll say he's duty is to protect the island, something along those lines. But now I'm doubting it..

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
NN?....
and most pirates probably won't go near the place since it has one of the yonko presiding over it.... at least for now